Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone matching

OP Martin8zz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Anyone else finding it impossible to find wz games solo ? Is the population that depleted?
Since Halo 5 is nearly two years old, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if some of its players left for newer games.
wz assault is the worst for me. I can find regular wz matches faster, but it still takes much longer than arena matches.
Try searching on "expanded" on your search preference. For me wz, btb, and super fiesta are the only active playlists (meaning that i dont have to wait 5+ minutes to find others.)
The only way I can get matches quick is if I use the expanded search.
They have implemented MMR based games since 3 days ago. Warzone will try to match you up against players at your same level. If you have a lot of games played, you won't find games that easily. I have to search for close to 5 minutes minutes now before I find a game.
Same applies for regular matchmaking. I've been waiting over 5 minutes now to get a big team game running solo
Sorry to hear! It might be a cocktail: your high rank and skill level might be removing you from the larger pools of mutually matching populations; your long road to level 150 and good performance might have accumulated a large number of players who blocked you to avoid getting matched with you again; and your XBL reputation may factor in too depending on its degree.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I had a tough time finding warzone assault games yesterday
Josh said under the matchmaking forum it's being matched by MMR...Higher ranks mean longer waits...
BadDogg55 wrote:
Josh said under the matchmaking forum it's being matched by MMR...Higher ranks mean longer waits...
That's dumb. Just bc I'm a high rank doesn't mean I should have to wait.
Mr Vacha wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
That's dumb. Just bc I'm a high rank doesn't mean I should have to wait.
There's just fewer high ranking players I guess... Choosing focused, balanced or expanded also plays a role. In general it's going to take everyone longer to get games now because 343 is trying balance the lopsided games. I'm low ranked and it takes me longer also.
I have not been having to wait that long for wz games. I always play solo on balanced. I play mostly in the evening, during the day it definitely takes longer to find matches. Since the changes I have matched far few teams. I also find that most of the games are much easier for me. It used to be that I'd be one of the two randoms against teams and half the time get destroyed. Now it's way easier, some times to easy. Good news is my accuracy has gone up, couple of games had around 60%. I've played a lot of games, still not sure how I feel about the changes. I like that I'm not getting steam rolled by teams every game but also don't like it to be so easier that it's not a huge challenge.
I've noticed the same as you mentioned (knock on wood). The only thing I wish would change is getting so many JIP games. Try expanded if it's too easy.
It's funny, especially when people quit, you end up getting players that are pretty new to Halo and goose 0-30 or nearly. Wait times are Huuuuge 🙌 Lol
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
I have not been able to find a single warzone assault game since Sep. 11. If I log in on my smurf account I can find one every now and then but not on my main account. I normally play from 8 pm eastern to around midnight but nothing.
It takes me ages to find games. I honestly stopped playing Warzone.
They have essentially banned a number of players from participating in the Warzone Assault playlist for no reason other than that they are too good.

Whoever suggested this idea should have been shot down immediately, I cannot imagine the incompetence it required to get this all the way into the game, let alone for it to be left in for an entire week. Looks like some personnel changes are in order...
I haven't found a single WZ game all day and yesterday. Something is WRONG. This has nothing to do with balanced mode, focused mode, skills or anything. 343 are doing something this month that is (temporarely??) Effecting the matching in warzone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2