OP Scarlet Stab

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
This is it people, Warzone...

Fans wanted Halo's BTB to leap from 8v8 to 16v16 (some even wanted 32v32). We got warzone and it is 12v12 (wich is still decent!). This is the big multiplayer mode we have all been waiting for, 343 said specifically fans have wanted a big multiplayer mode and they know this. Warzone is BIG. 4x the normal mapsize, 12v12! Warzone seems exciting! Especially Base Assault wich is Warzone without AI getting in the way of the 12v12 match! But...

How can it be a big multiplayer mode without the biggest vehicles in the Halo universe? There is no Pelican (flyable), no Scarab (drivable), no Longsword (pilotable). If Halo wants to compete with Star Wars: Battlefront 3's big scale battles (Battlefront 3 can fit large ATATs no reason Halo 5 can't fit Scarabs), Warzone is gonna need some bigger vehicles (ones already established in the lore that fans have been dying to control).

There is no reason not to feature Pelicans and Scarabs in Warzone (not AI controlled ones, but player controlled ones especially during the PVP Base Assault mode). It may seem over-powered but I'm sure tweaks can be made to ballance. Not to mention vehicles in Halo have recently been quite weak and easy to destroy. The Pelican can be given the firepower of a Hornet (so that isn't too over powered), the Scarab's over powered gun can be given a cooldown of 5 minutes. While the main gun is cooling down, team mates can still man the scarab's turrets.

Halo: Custom Edition (Disclaimer: Halo: Custom Edition was made by Gearbox Software and endorsed by Bungie officially, it is on PC not an Xbox Console. The waypoint rules allow discussion of Halo Custom Edition. It is NOT modded content on Xbox, and it is officially endorsed by Bungie):

Halo Custom Edition came out in 2001 and it was able to feature scarabs, pelicans, and longswords in Halo multiplayer. Halo 5 comes out in 2015, it easily has the tech to do this if a 2001 game could pull it off. Here is footage of Halo Custom Edition (2001) multiplayer with Scarabs, Pelicans and Longswords. Please watch the whole video it is worth it if you have not yet.

From a Canon perspective, since the Halo 2 games the UNSC has been running Scarab similations. Similations are how Marines and Spartans are trained (Wich is Multiplayer, Wargames, Matchmaking, ect). Sergeant Johnson officially said that the UNSC has Scarabs in training simulation in Halo 2. There you have it, Scarabs are canon to Halo's similations. The Halo multiplayer expereince is a canon represantation of UNSC simulations. Scarabs are in simulations. Another reason they should be implemented!

Think of all the teamplay and tactics, a crew piloting a longsword. A team guarding their drivable scarab home base. several members being picked up and dropped off throughout the map on a pelican thanks to a trusty player pilot. The possibilities are endless. If there ever was a time for 343 to add in Pelicans and Scarabs to multiplayer THIS is the time. Warzone is the perfect opportunity and it shouldn't be wasted.

TLDR:
If you didn't read this thread, the bottom line is that Halo Combat Evolved's custom edition addition (endorsed by Bungie) featured Pelicans and Scarabs in multiplayer. If a 2001 game could pull it off a 2015 game can too --> ((CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO))
The maps would have to be much bigger than they already are, which would take up resources for vehicles that aren't even necessary.
The maps would have to be much bigger than they already are.
4x the size of a Halo map is plenty big to fit Scarabs and Pelicans. Thats how big 343 said Warzone maps were. Sandtrap could fit Elephants (bigger than a Pelican, Smaller than a Scarab by a bit) so I think it can work.

Don't forget, Halo Custom Edtion pulled the gameplay of Scarabs and Pelicans off pretty well. It was still fun.
Warzone maps are big, but I don't think they are big enough to accomodate a scarab, let alone one for each team that players could control and move freely.
Warzone maps are big, but I don't think they are big enough to accomodate a scarab, let alone one for each team that players could control and move freely.
I know for sure that Scarabs and Pelicans would fit well in ForgeWorld.

hmmm

BTB map size x 4 = Warzone map size

Warzone map size x ? = ForgeWorld map size?Can someone do the math for me?

I was hoping that:

Warzone map size = ForgeWorld map size

hmmm

I was hoping that:

4x the size doesn't automatically mean it's 4x of open empty space that a scarab would be able to traverse though. A map that is nothing but open space for a scarab to walk around in is a map I would veto in a second.

hmmm

I was hoping that:

4x the size doesn't automatically mean it's 4x of open empty space that a scarab would be able to traverse though. A map that is nothing but open space for a scarab to walk around in is a map I would veto in a second.
Fore World isn't just open space, it has some design to it, but at the same time it has enough open space for a scarab to walk around.

Forge World resembles Death Island.

Death Island resembles Assault on Apex 7 (Warzone Map).

so it could work! :D
Yeah, adding the scarab would be a good idea but not just drivable but as capturing the base when it moving. :D
themanss22 wrote:
Yeah, adding the scarab would be a good idea but not just drivable but as capturing the base when it moving. :D
This is why we need scarabs and pelicans, they would make multiplayer so much more epic intense AND more tactical and creative. More possibilities.
The maps would have to be much bigger than they already are.
4x the size of a Halo map is plenty big to fit Scarabs and Pelicans. Thats how big 343 said Warzone maps were. Sandtrap could fit Elephants (bigger than a Pelican, Smaller than a Scarab by a bit) so I think it can work.
elephants arent bigger than peli's. Also you shouldnt assume what map(s) they were basing the x4 off of. And lastly, from my knowledge, the latest scarab model is piloted my magelekgolo. so itd have to be a.i. piloted,

hmmm

I was hoping that:

also this, from looks, i wouldnt dare add a scarab from 'escape from a.r.c.' or a blank map like forge world.
I'm down for a scarab. It would be a team vsupprted vehicle. One drives, 2 guys on one of the turrets on each side. Then others can defend.

The pelican is still a vehicle that I don't see being a good multiplayer vehicle.
elephants arent bigger than peli's. Also you shouldnt assume what map(s) they were basing the x4 off of. And lastly, from my knowledge, the latest scarab model is piloted my magelekgolo. so itd have to be a.i. piloted,
also this, from looks, i wouldnt dare add a scarab from 'escape from a.r.c.' or a blank map like forge world.
Death Island is a typical BTB sized Halo map. It can fit 2 Scarabs in it decently in Halo Custom Edition. if Escape from ARC and Raid on Apex 7 (wich is BASED soley on Death Island) are 4x bigger than Death Island, they will fit 2 scarabs fine. Regarding open space, keep in mind that the Halo 3 model Scarab is smaller than the Halo 2 Model scarab (shown in the video). Space will work fine.
Eh, I'm still against it. They intentionally added assorted objects and structures into warzone to create chokepoints and block line of sight to ensure smooth and balanced map design. It defeats the entire purpose of doing that and disrupts the flow of gameplay if you can suddenly void all that out by standing atop a mobile fortress.
Eh, I'm still against it. They intentionally added assorted objects and structures into warzone to create chokepoints and block line of sight to ensure smooth and balanced map design. It defeats the entire purpose of doing that and disrupts the flow of gameplay if you can suddenly void all that out by standing atop a mobile fortress.
What about base assault though. Scarabs might mess with the multiple objectives in warzone, but in Base Assault it should fit just fine. Two teams in an all out blast fest, they need to bring Scarabs and Pelicans into that explosive game type.
EPIPHANY.

Base Assault is a gametype sub mode of Warzone. It is about destroying the enemy team's core in their base.

Scarabs have power cores....

what if one Base Assault gametype map uses drivable Scarabs instead of bases?! Each team gets a drivable Scarab as a base.
Death Island is a typical BTB sized Halo map. It can fit 2 Scarabs in it decently in Halo Custom Edition. if Escape from ARC and Raid on Apex 7 (wich is BASED soley on Death Island) are 4x bigger than Death Island, they will fit 2 scarabs fine. Regarding open space, keep in mind that the Halo 3 model Scarab is smaller than the Halo 2 Model scarab (shown in the vide). Space will work fine.
death island seems the size of escape from arc. We can assume warzone maps are similar in size. I also believe they arent death island x4. Also, why would we drive an outdated scarab model? I see holes in your thinking, if i had a keyboard id write an article in this post ;).
-edit- double post, sorry
What about base assault though. Scarabs might mess with the multiple objectives in warzone, but in Base Assault it should fit just fine. Two teams in an all out blast fest, they need to bring Scarabs and Pelicans into that explosive game type.
I could see that, well, I could see one scarab in that on the assault side. It's doesn't make much sense to bring a siege vehicle to a defensive battle. Load the other team up with Spartan lasers and air vehicles to try and stop it from reaching it's objective.
Death Island is a typical BTB sized Halo map. It can fit 2 Scarabs in it decently in Halo Custom Edition. if Escape from ARC and Raid on Apex 7 (wich is BASED soley on Death Island) are 4x bigger than Death Island, they will fit 2 scarabs fine. Regarding open space, keep in mind that the Halo 3 model Scarab is smaller than the Halo 2 Model scarab (shown in the vide). Space will work fine.
death island seems the size of escape from arc. We can assume warzone maps are similar in size. I also believe they arent death island x4. Also, why would we drive an outdated scarab model? I see holes in your thinking, if i had a keyboard id write an article on this post ;).
What I'm saying is that if Escape from ARC had Scarabs it would use the Halo 3 scarab model (wich is smaller than the Halo 2 model). And the Halo 2 Scarab Model was the model used in that video I linked. The Halo 3 Scarab model is the latest, because the Covenant was destroyed in Halo 3, so the neo covenant (Jul Madama) would not have a newer Scarab model to use from the war.
I could see that, well, I could see one scarab in that on the assault side. It's doesn't make much sense to bring a siege vehicle to a defensive battle. Load the other team up with Spartan lasers and air vehicles to try and stop it from reaching it's objective.
That would be SO MUCH fun!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8