OP Scarlet Stab

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
elephants arent bigger than peli's. Also you shouldnt assume what map(s) they were basing the x4 off of. And lastly, from my knowledge, the latest scarab model is piloted my magelekgolo. so itd have to be a.i. piloted,
Warzone maps are big, but I don't think they are big enough to accomodate a scarab, let alone one for each team that players could control and move freely.
also this, from looks, i wouldnt dare add a scarab from 'escape from a.r.c.' or a blank map like forge world.
Death Island is a typical BTB sized Halo map. It can fit 2 Scarabs in it decently in Halo Custom Edition. if Escape from ARC and Raid on Apex 7 (wich is BASED soley on Death Island) are 4x bigger than Death Island, they will fit 2 scarabs fine. Regarding open space, keep in mind that the Halo 3 model Scarab is smaller than the Halo 2 Model scarab (shown in the vide). Space will work fine.
death island seems the size of escape from arc. We can assume warzone maps are similar in size. I also believe they arent death island x4. Also, why would we drive an outdated scarab model? I see holes in your thinking, if i had a keyboard id write an article on this post ;).
What I'm saying is that if Escape from ARC had Scarabs it would use the Halo 3 scarab model (wich is smaller than the Halo 2 model). And the Halo 2 Scarab Model was the model used in that video I linked. The Halo 3 Scarab model is the latest, because the Covenant was destroyed in Halo 3, so the neo covenant (Jul Madama) would not have a newer Scarab model to use from the war.
H3's is controlled by magelekgolo,

Then we'd use h2's scarab????
elephants arent bigger than peli's. Also you shouldnt assume what map(s) they were basing the x4 off of. And lastly, from my knowledge, the latest scarab model is piloted my magelekgolo. so itd have to be a.i. piloted,
Warzone maps are big, but I don't think they are big enough to accomodate a scarab, let alone one for each team that players could control and move freely.
also this, from looks, i wouldnt dare add a scarab from 'escape from a.r.c.' or a blank map like forge world.
Death Island is a typical BTB sized Halo map. It can fit 2 Scarabs in it decently in Halo Custom Edition. if Escape from ARC and Raid on Apex 7 (wich is BASED soley on Death Island) are 4x bigger than Death Island, they will fit 2 scarabs fine. Regarding open space, keep in mind that the Halo 3 model Scarab is smaller than the Halo 2 Model scarab (shown in the vide). Space will work fine.
death island seems the size of escape from arc. We can assume warzone maps are similar in size. I also believe they arent death island x4. Also, why would we drive an outdated scarab model? I see holes in your thinking, if i had a keyboard id write an article on this post ;).
What I'm saying is that if Escape from ARC had Scarabs it would use the Halo 3 scarab model (wich is smaller than the Halo 2 model). And the Halo 2 Scarab Model was the model used in that video I linked. The Halo 3 Scarab model is the latest, because the Covenant was destroyed in Halo 3, so the neo covenant (Jul Madama) would not have a newer Scarab model to use from the war.
But all MP battles are spartan vs spartan simulations. What the covenant does and doesn't readily have available should be irrelevant. I mean, I'm able to purchase covenant banshees and Promethean Phaetons from the REQ station... I'm pretty sure the UNSC doesn't just have those things lying around.
But all MP battles are spartan vs spartan simulations. What the covenant does and doesn't readily have available should be irrelevant. I mean, I'm able to purchase covenant banshees and Promethean Phaetons from the REQ station... I'm pretty sure the UNSC doesn't just have those things lying around.
.... Ephiphany....

Sorry just came to me.

Since the Halo 2 games the UNSC has been running Scarab similations. Similations are how Marines and Spartans are trained (Wich is Multiplayer, Wargames, Matchmaking, ect). Sergeant Johnson officially said that the UNSC has Scarabs in training simulation in Halo 2.

"What about that Scarab?"

"We've all run the SIMULATIONS, they are tough, but they ain't invincible" There you have it, Scarabs are canon to Halo's similations. Scarabs are canon to the multiplayer expereince. Another reason they should be implimented!
deja vu.

With every new Halo game people ask for playable scarabs and with every new halo game Bungie/343i say "lol no."
Codes 208 wrote:
deja vu.

With every new Halo game people ask for playable scarabs and with every new halo game Bungie/343i say "lol no."
despite it being entirely technically and hardware wise possible (Halo CE 2001 did it, no reason why 2015 cannot).

what about pelicans btw?
Codes 208 wrote:
deja vu.

despite it being entirely technically and hardware wise possible (Halo CE 2001 did it, no reason why 2015 cannot).

what about pelicans btw?
Well for one, they'd be over-powered. Secondly, the maps are not big or open enough for massive vehicles. Thirdly, how would they even work? In terms of combat, defensives and weaknesses. Fourthly, it's 12v12 not 32v32, we're not talking BF4 maps with massive scale and massives teams to pilot these things, 12v12 is just a step above 8v8 from standard BTB. SO I dont see is as an issue with technical issues or hardware (at what point did I imply that?) but rather balance, map size and control.
Ditto for the pelican. They just dont serve a place in MP outside of pure fan service.
Codes 208 wrote:
Codes 208 wrote:
deja vu.

what about pelicans btw?
Well for one, they'd be over-powered. Secondly, the maps are not big or open enough for massive vehicles. Thirdly, how would they even work? In terms of combat, defensives and weaknesses. Fourthly, it's 12v12 not 32v32, we're not talking BF4 maps with massive scale and massives teams to pilot these things, 12v12 is just a step above 8v8 from standard BTB. SO I dont see is as an issue with technical issues or hardware (at what point did I imply that?) but rather balance, map size and control.
Ditto for the pelican. They just dont serve a place in MP outside of pure fan service.
They were fun in Halo Custom Edition and worked well in that though.
It wouldn't work, the maps may be "4x larger," but 343 had designed the maps to have specific and small focal points to funnel the action, with the outside areas being needed for boss and AI placements.

also, why would you give that much power to one player? That's not fun at all, 12v12 isn't large enough for scarabs.

With pelicans, I have stated this multiple times, but why would you transport half your team around the map, when they could go there themselves? While actually being useful in the process

if you think these additions are good for halo, you seriously have no idea how game design works
By Need you mean you want them.

I am fine with those not being in the game. The Scarab would either be totally OP or a waste of time.
So if the map was the size of forge world's in Halo reach...some would still think it is too small for pelicans and sarabs?

Come on....it does sound like a great idea.
I would love to pilot a Scarab, but putting it into a map would mean having big spare spaces where it could move, it wouldn't really fit for other players. then I think maybe the Pelican is way too fast to be put into multiplayer although it would also be cool, same for longswords.
Maybe that what you're saying could be the next step for Warzone in the next game :)

Oh, yeah, 343 could still add the Elephant maybe (the Mammoth would probably still be too big)

(also, the Halo CE video you linked is a mod dude XD)
Sure it could FIT in the map buy would it WORK?
Plopping down these larger vehicles would indeed look epic, but think about the functionality, the balancing.
How would you traverse the map with a Scarab? Only one circle around the map? Add a middle road for it? Wouldn't that get in the way of stuff?
How would a Pelican go around the map? How large would the skybox be to accomodate a Longsword? How are you going to keep these vehicles in the map? Invisible barriers? Killzones? How would collision with smaller objects be?
How much damage can they output? How much damage can they take?

All these questions need to be answered through testing and testing and testing and take up a remendous amount of time and recourses.
It wouldn't work, the maps may be "4x larger," but 343 had designed the maps to have specific and small focal points to funnel the action, with the outside areas being needed for boss and AI placements.

also, why would you give that much power to one player? That's not fun at all, 12v12 isn't large enough for scarabs.

With pelicans, I have stated this multiple times, but why would you transport half your team around the map, when they could go there themselves? While actually being useful in the process

if you think these additions are good for halo, you seriously have no idea how game design works
It works well in Halo CE's 8v8

And the scarab is a team effort, not just 1 player. 1 player drives, another manages the turret, and several can stand on board the scarab and work as a team.

I am fine with those not being in the game. The Scarab would either be totally OP or a waste of time.
Scarab would not be a waste of time,

It was fun in Halo Custom Editon and worked well.

Battlefront 3 has ATATs (the large starwars walking things), no reason Halo 5 multiplayer can't have Scarabs.

No it would not,

Battlefront 3 has ATATs (the large starwars walking things), no reason Halo 5 multiplayer can't have Scarabs.
Just because another game has a big vehicle that the player can not control does not mean Halo should.

Tell me how they would balance a death machine that can one hit anything and everything?

No it would not,

Just because another game has a big vehicle that the player can not control does not mean Halo should.

Tell me how they would balance a death machine that can one hit anything and everything?
With Pelicans that can take it down, With each time having their own Scarab (so it is even), by making the Scarab blast have a cooldown (can only fire the OP blast once every 5 or 10 minutes)

No it would not,

With Pelicans that can take it down, With each time having their own Scarab (so it is even), by making the Scarab blast have a cooldown (can only fire the OP blast once every 5 or 10 minutes)
So...Air units that can be shot down by the enemy teams units can take it down. I thought you had to get the core to overload? Also if it can only shoot once every 5 minutes what would be the point of it? Pelicans are not even Air superiority fighters. Their whole goal is to take troops from point A to point B. And in order for them to be worthwhile they'd have to be able to do it where going by ground wouldn't work. Buuuut...Warzone mapsa re just not big enough to make any of that worthwhile.
How would you balance the scarab?
DSight wrote:
How would you balance the scarab?
Halo Custom Edition ballanced it quite nicely. Also:

"With Pelicans that can take it down, With each time having their own Scarab (so it is even), and most importantly by making the Scarab blast have a cooldown (can only fire the OP blast once every 5 or 10 minutes)"

No it would not,

So...Air units that can be shot down by the enemy teams units can take it down. I thought you had to get the core to overload? Also if it can only shoot once every 5 minutes what would be the point of it? Pelicans are not even Air superiority fighters. Their whole goal is to take troops from point A to point B. And in order for them to be worthwhile they'd have to be able to do it where going by ground wouldn't work. Buuuut...Warzone mapsa re just not big enough to make any of that worthwhile.
They are big enough though. Death Island (typical BTB map size) can decently fit two scarabs. Warzone Raid on Apex 7 has the same design as Death Island except it is 4x bigger. two scarabs can fit in it nicely. Also in the video that was a Halo 2 Scarab, if Halo 5 uses Halo 3 scarabs (smaller by a lot) it will fit in well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8