2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
By Need you mean you want them.

I am fine with those not being in the game. The Scarab would either be totally OP or a waste of time.
No it would not,

It was fun in Halo Custom Editon and worked well.

Battlefront 3 has ATATs (the large starwars walking things), no reason Halo 5 multiplayer can't have Scarabs.
Just because another game has a big vehicle that the player can not control does not mean Halo should.

Tell me how they would balance a death machine that can one hit anything and everything?
With Pelicans that can take it down, With each time having their own Scarab (so it is even), by making the Scarab blast have a cooldown (can only fire the OP blast once every 5 or 10 minutes)
So...Air units that can be shot down by the enemy teams units can take it down. I thought you had to get the core to overload? Pelicans are not even Air superiority fighters. Their whole goal is to take troops from point A to point B.
You do have to overload the core, wich is great because this makes the multiplayer require more teamwork and smart tactics. From a canon perspective, Pelicans are strong, in Halo 3's first level the Pelican blew up two Phantoms super easily. In Halo 4 the Pelican segment was super easy to destroy phantoms, they didn't stand a chance.

If Pelicans are too overpowered, they can be ballanced by giving them the same firepower as hornets in gameplay.

Also if it can only shoot once every 5 minutes what would be the point of it?
Team mates can still use the mounted turrets and big turret on the Scarab, and those turrets are not too overpowered.

I am fine with those not being in the game. The Scarab would either be totally OP or a waste of time.
No it would not,

Battlefront 3 has ATATs (the large starwars walking things), no reason Halo 5 multiplayer can't have Scarabs.
Just because another game has a big vehicle that the player can not control does not mean Halo should.

Tell me how they would balance a death machine that can one hit anything and everything?
With Pelicans that can take it down, With each time having their own Scarab (so it is even), by making the Scarab blast have a cooldown (can only fire the OP blast once every 5 or 10 minutes)
So...Air units that can be shot down by the enemy teams units can take it down. I thought you had to get the core to overload? Pelicans are not even Air superiority fighters. Their whole goal is to take troops from point A to point B.
You do have to overload the core, wich is great because this makes the multiplayer require more teamwork and smart tactics.

Team mates can still use the mounted turrets and big turret on the Scarab, and those turrets are not too overpowered.
In a game vs AI that works. But Human players are far different. Unless its changed a ton I forsee teams being able to completely shut down another team and rpevent them from boarding. Most vehicles will be to slow to get close to the scarab even if it can only shoot with its lesser cannons. And if it can only shoot its main gun every few minutes there is almost no point to it.

Not only that but the Scarab is a seige unit. There is nothing to seige in warzone. Or at least nothing that warrents a scarab
I dont think the pelican or scarab would fit well into multiplayer period but it would be really cool if you could use them in forge or custom games even along with a phantom. It would be good for playing with friends but also machinima purposes.
How would the spawning work for the scarab? what if multiple people wanted to spawn one?
The maps would have to be much bigger than they already are.
4x the size of a Halo map is plenty big to fit Scarabs and Pelicans. Thats how big 343 said Warzone maps were. Sandtrap could fit Elephants (bigger than a Pelican, Smaller than a Scarab by a bit) so I think it can work.

Don't forget, Halo Custom Edtion pulled the gameplay of Scarabs and Pelicans off pretty well. It was still fun.
Smaller that a Scarab by a fair bit. Also, much slower than those vehicles. A pelican could cross the map in less than a minute. Fun as those vehicles may be, they're a balancing nightmare.
I would like both drivable and AI contolled scarabs in Warzone. This could be something for halo 6. The new walker seen in trailers looks ugly but it will be interesting to learn more about it.

No it would not,

You do have to overload the core, wich is great because this makes the multiplayer require more teamwork and smart tactics.

In a game vs AI that works. But Human players are far different. Unless its changed a ton I forsee teams being able to completely shut down another team and rpevent them from boarding. Most vehicles will be to slow to get close to the scarab even if it can only shoot with its lesser cannons. And if it can only shoot its main gun every few minutes there is almost no point to it.

Not only that but the Scarab is a seige unit. There is nothing to seige in warzone. Or at least nothing that warrents a scarab
In base assault (a sub mode of Warzone without AI), seige is totally needed. Scarab is seige.

Also, base assault is about destroying the enemies core.

Scarabs have power core.

What if one base assault map, each team's base is a drivable scarab? Scarab is not only seige but a base as well.
JOLTLORD wrote:
How would the spawning work for the scarab? what if multiple people wanted to spawn one?
Then they share it. 1 scarab per team. once it is destroyed it doesn't respawn until next round/match.

Scarabs can fit a whole team if they want too. 1 driver, 1 main turreter, any number of players that want to ride on it and defend it (they could also use smaller mounted turrets like the elephant)
4x the size of a Halo map is plenty big to fit Scarabs and Pelicans. Thats how big 343 said Warzone maps were. Sandtrap could fit Elephants (bigger than a Pelican, Smaller than a Scarab by a bit) so I think it can work.

Don't forget, Halo Custom Edtion pulled the gameplay of Scarabs and Pelicans off pretty well. It was still fun.
Smaller that a Scarab by a fair bit. Also, much slower than those vehicles. A pelican could cross the map in less than a minute. Fun as those vehicles may be, they're a balancing nightmare.
The Pelican can be ballanced by having the speed and firepower of a Halo2Anniversary multiplayer hornet. But retains the carying capacity of 10.

The Scarab can be ballanced by having it's main gun have a cooldown of 5 minutes, but players can still use turrets mounted on the scarab.

The Pelican can be ballanced by having the speed and firepower of a Halo2Anniversary multiplayer hornet. But retains the carying capacity of 10.

The Scarab can be ballanced by having it's main gun have a cooldown of 5 minutes, but players can still use turrets mounted on the scarab.
I cannot think of a single instance of where it has been beneficial to use a mounted turret in Halo. The game is a fast paced twitch FPS, being anchored in place only serves to make you a sitting duck.

And do you really think someone is just going to walk around for 5 minutes waiting for the cooldown again? I wouldn't. I'd jump off the controls, leave the vehicle standing where it is, and go do something else for 4 minutes. Come back and betray whomever was at the control panel and fire the gun off again. Rinse and repeat. Does that sound fun to you?

Intentionally nerfing something so powerful in order to balance it just for the sake of letting it be used takes away from it's novelty all together. That's like letting the players fire off the Halo Rings, but all it will do is disable your HUD for 30 seconds because killing everyone wouldn't be balanced.
As far as a scarab goes, I've seen a video of a Scarab or 2 on Sandtrap. Obviously it was cramped, but with 3 more sandtraps, it wouldn't have been too bad.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
As far as a scarab goes, I've seen a video of a Scarab or 2 on Sandtrap. Obviously it was cramped, but with 3 more sandtraps, it wouldn't have been too bad.
Really? where? :D is it like an easter egg?
it will be fun to pilot a pelican and scarab
I don't think we should do that they'd take up way to much space and would make the game glitch and lag
I don't think we should do that they'd take up way to much space and would make the game glitch and lag
It won't Halo Combat Evolved Custom edition (2001 video game engine) had it work fine.
I actually see potential in a Scarab. Not drivable, that's just silly and i doubt that will ever happen. But a more open map with two AI-Controlled Scarabs with bases on them on either side. At onset, the Scarabs will fire at both teams, but once a team captures the base on a Scarab, that Scarab will become friendly and will only fire at the enemy team.
it will be fun to pilot a pelican and scarab
I actually see potential in a Scarab. Not drivable, that's just silly and i doubt that will ever happen. But a more open map with two AI-Controlled Scarabs with bases on them on either side. At onset, the Scarabs will fire at both teams, but once a team captures the base on a Scarab, that Scarab will become friendly and will only fire at the enemy team.
Drivable scarabs are not silly, if Halo Combat Evolved (2001) could do it with Bungie's endorsed custom edition why can't Halo 5 (2015) do it?

Thoughts on pelicans btw?
You keep mentioning the AT-AT in battlefront 3 when the AT-AT in bf3 isn't really able to be controlled by players. It holds one person only and they can only use the head guns, they can't control where it goes, it's on a predetermined track. If you're gonna use something as an example don't use the AT-AT. Plus why would it be 5-10 minutes per fire?! A war zone match lasts 20-24 minutes so at best they can only fire it 4 times? And to answer your question above, the mod is unstable they had to try multiple times because it's crash to get that video you keep showing us
Plus why would it be 5-10 minutes per fire?! A war zone match lasts 20-24 minutes so at best they can only fire it 4 times?
Because people here keep complaining that the Scarab would be over powered.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8