2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
I actually see potential in a Scarab. Not drivable, that's just silly and i doubt that will ever happen. But a more open map with two AI-Controlled Scarabs with bases on them on either side. At onset, the Scarabs will fire at both teams, but once a team captures the base on a Scarab, that Scarab will become friendly and will only fire at the enemy team.
Drivable scarabs are not silly, if Halo Combat Evolved (2001) could do it with Bungie's endorsed custom edition why can't Halo 5 (2015) do it?

Thoughts on pelicans btw?
Driving a Scarab in campaign and multiplayer are two completely different things. For it to work in Multiplayer 343 would have to nerf the guns way down to the point where it probably Wouldn't be all that effective anyways. Not to mention that glaring open power source on the Scarab, all an enemy would have to do is get on the back, toss a few nades, and get the -Yoink- out of there.

EDIT: Pelicans, though, that could be a lot of fun. Would love to see that implemented.
I actually see potential in a Scarab. Not drivable, that's just silly and i doubt that will ever happen. But a more open map with two AI-Controlled Scarabs with bases on them on either side. At onset, the Scarabs will fire at both teams, but once a team captures the base on a Scarab, that Scarab will become friendly and will only fire at the enemy team.
Drivable scarabs are not silly, if Halo Combat Evolved (2001) could do it with Bungie's endorsed custom edition why can't Halo 5 (2015) do it?

Driving a Scarab in campaign and multiplayer are two completely different things. For it to work in Multiplayer 343 would have to nerf the guns way down to the point where it probably Wouldn't be all that effective anyways. Not to mention that glaring open power source on the Scarab, all an enemy would have to do is get on the back, toss a few nades, and get the -Yoink- out of there.
That was multiplayer footage, not campaign footage. All players would need to do is board it and escape (although they would need to destroy the legs to board it first if they are not using an air vehicle). That is true. But to take down tanks or wraiths in multiplayer all players need to do is board them and press melee and grenade a few times.
Plus why would it be 5-10 minutes per fire?! A war zone match lasts 20-24 minutes so at best they can only fire it 4 times?
Because people here keep complaining that the Scarab would be over powered.
But that's terrible balancing
Plus why would it be 5-10 minutes per fire?! A war zone match lasts 20-24 minutes so at best they can only fire it 4 times?
I'm sure there are other ways to balance it. Or maybe drop the cooldown to 1 minute.

That was multiplayer footage, not campaign footage. All players would need to do is board it and escape (although they would need to destroy the legs to board it first if they are not using an air vehicle). That is true. But to take down tanks or wraiths in multiplayer all players need to do is board them and press melee and grenade a few times.
My bad, i thought it looked like campaign. I didn't watch the whole thing. Regardless, I just don't see it very likely to implement drivable Scarabs, seems like 343 has a lot on their plate as it is.
I'm sure there are other ways to balance it. Or maybe drop the cooldown to 1 minute.
Still why would anyone want to use it? The scarab is slow, the halo 3 one can be immobilized for about a minute AND the back armor can be shot off, fully exposing the weak core. No one would use it because the powerful gun is only usable every minute and the gun is slow. All the other weapons either don't pack a punch (plasma turrets) or are too slow to be effective (tail turret)

My bad, i thought it looked like campaign. I didn't watch the whole thing. Regardless, I just don't see it very likely to implement drivable Scarabs, seems like 343 has a lot on their plate as it is.
That is true. Hopefully if fans make noise it can be added post launch, or in Halo 6.

Sadly, judging by this thread this isn't too much demand. I wish the fanbase would be as creative and ambitious as the fans who make Halo Combat Evolved Custom Edition maps. Because it can work, it really can.
Still why would anyone want to use it? The scarab is slow, the halo 3 one can be immobilized for about a minute AND the back armor can be shot off, fully exposing the weak core. No one would use it because the powerful gun is only usable every minute and the gun is slow. All the other weapons either don't pack a punch (plasma turrets) or are too slow to be effective (tail turret)
Then they could take out the cooldown altogether, the main gun of the Scarab is strong.

Some users here say the Scarab would be overpowered, you on the otherhand say it is underpowered. I personally think it is neither overpowered or underpowered.

If 343 adds it they would need to find a compromise between the two perspectives from the fans.
Then they could take out the cooldown altogether, the main gun of the Scarab is strong.

Some users here say the Scarab would be overpowered, you on the otherhand say it is underpowered.

If 343 adds it they would need to find a compromise between the two perspectives from the fans.
Even with no cool down the scarab is still a really ineffective vehicle. It was only good in halo wars, the other times it lacks firepower (halo 2) or was what I said above (halo 3/reach)

Some users here say the Scarab would be overpowered, you on the otherhand say it is underpowered.

Even with no cool down the scarab is still a really ineffective vehicle. It was only good in halo wars, the other times it lacks firepower (halo 2) or was what I said above (halo 3/reach)
Look at this blast tho :o

Look at this blast tho :o
That's the halo 2 scarab you suggested the halo 3 version for halo 5. And even then you can see it's slow and too big for the map
It's also a matter of being able to maneuver in the vehicle. Sure a pelican might fit but you'll be on the other side of the map in 7 seconds. Maybe a map the size of forge world could accommodate a scarab but no smaller than that.
In response to the title of the thread:

No it doesn't.
Maybe in Halo 6?

What Warzone really needs is some Mammoth's. I miss those things, Sandtrap is one of my favorite maps of all time because of them.
Need is the wrong word, but I agree that it would be super awesome.
Ndas Sraom wrote:
Maybe in Halo 6?

What Warzone really needs is some Mammoth's. I miss those things, Sandtrap is one of my favorite maps of all time because of them.
I think an elephant would be better because of its size, though I think it could use more outside shell. But I agree, BTB sand trap was the best because of them.
Halo fans have been asking for this for years. It is very possible for these things to be added, due to how large the warzone maps are. I do not think they will be added due to the fact,343bola is having problems with simple design flaws on elites and split screen.Issues like these tell me something like this will never happen.
thatd be fun
While this idea sounds awesome on paper, how are they gonna balance the scarab? Your gonna have to make the maps even larger then they are now. I can see it working for the pelican, but the scarab is gonna be a problem.
Just look at Sandtrap from Halo 3. They had Elephants (not quite as large, but still.)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8