1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
Why do People keep saying that you need wide open spaces for a scarab? In multiple games you can see them easily traversing cliffs and buildings, really all you need is space that could fit the scarab's legs.
Warzone maps are big, but I don't think they are big enough to accomodate a scarab, let alone one for each team that players could control and move freely.
I know for sure that Scarabs and Pelicans would fit well in ForgeWorld.

hmmm

BTB map size x 4 = Warzone map size

Warzone map size x ? = ForgeWorld map size?Can someone do the math for me?

I was hoping that:

Warzone map size = ForgeWorld map size
4x the size doesn't automatically mean it's 4x of open empty space that a scarab would be able to traverse though. A map that is nothing but open space for a scarab to walk around in is a map I would veto in a second.
Fore World isn't just open space, it has some design to it, but at the same time it has enough open space for a scarab to walk around.

Forge World resembles Death Island.

Death Island resembles Assault on Apex 7 (Warzone Map).

so it could work! :D
Forge World is a lot bigger than Death Island...
-snip-

TLDR:
If you didn't read this thread, the bottom line is that Halo Combat Evolved's custom edition addition (endorsed by Bungie) featured Pelicans and Scarabs in multiplayer. If a 2001 game could pull it off a 2015 game can too --> ((CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO))
I bolded the part that I'm going to reply to.
Just because it was in a 2001 game, doesn't mean that it would be balanced in the 2015 edition of Halo. Also, if the 'custom edition' that you're speaking of, is on the computer... do you not see the difference here?
I think that would be impossible to drive and scarabs don't even have drivers, they're made of Hunter worms, Lekgolo.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Bro don't you think you are asking too much?, Star Wars is just massive MP that's way it's focused on that intense big battles, Halo is not and also 343i have to do a lot of work on campaign, forge, designs, etc
As far as a scarab goes, I've seen a video of a Scarab or 2 on Sandtrap. Obviously it was cramped, but with 3 more sandtraps, it wouldn't have been too bad.
Really? where? :D is it like an easter egg?
Sorry for late response, but if you haven't, just type "Halo 3 Sandtrap Scarab" into YT. Not an Easter egg, but kind of gives you an idea of how large it would be on a nice sized btb map. It looks cramped of course. For Warzone, it could possibly be featured, I mean Scarabs can climb over structures...
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Esperaba mas de que los mapa fueran mas grandes 24 vs 24 y portales
JEMD Mx wrote:
Esperaba mas de que los mapa fueran mas grandes 24 vs 24 y portales
English only broseph.
How a bout a locust from Halo Wars they were tough as a scarab but were smaller and could fit in the map size and for pelicans no i dont think its got a high enough altitude limit for those maybe bring back the hornets or falcons
themanss22 wrote:
Yeah, adding the scarab would be a good idea but not just drivable but as capturing the base when it moving. :D
See i think people see the scarab and not see it as a halo 5 scarab you see now in halo 5 we can climb things so in past halos to get into the scarab we had to get some form of flight or bring it down to the ground. but lets think how we can apply the new tactics to a scarab in halo 5 i would simply clamber my way up the scarab and destroy it. also i could try and see if i can time a very carefully used boost tackle i may be able to do what lock did to the banshee in the commercial you know ee i think people are still thinking in the halo 1 through 4 world where it was very grounded now its more vertical and we have different combinations of things im definatly going to test out the different types of methods of things so bring on the scarab and watch a sworm of spartans climb the thing and bring it down. seriously i dont know why no one thought about the scarab and how easy it would be to defeat it. or how about a guy jumps out of a banshee and slams down on the troops below and heads for the core after that i mean im sure that rather then boost slam on to of 4 guys and kill them someone will still be stuck in the old ways and drop in take cover and try to shoot his way through me nope im going to lam inot people kill them fast and move on to the next target and mix and match all the abilities to make some deady combos and also to get into places that would be impossible in the past halo games.
I, like four year player of Halo: Custom Edition. I've flown Pelicans, Longswords, Skyhawk Jets (They were like F-18s) and a plethora of other vehicles.

It's beyond time to add Pelicans. They'd be tons of fun - yeah you'd get a big kill, but maybe only have a single Hornet machine gun on the chin for clearing LZs and light aerial combat. it adds another dimension and also would help machinima makers. Plus, who can resist recreating Foehammer's final flight?
I, like four year player of Halo: Custom Edition. I've flown Pelicans, Longswords, Skyhawk Jets (They were like F-18s) and a plethora of other vehicles.

It's beyond time to add Pelicans. They'd be tons of fun - yeah you'd get a big kill, but maybe only have a single Hornet machine gun on the chin for clearing LZs and light aerial combat. it adds another dimension and also would help machinima makers. Plus, who can resist recreating Foehammer's final flight?
Adding another dimension isn't always a good thing though. BF4 getting fighter jets more often than not ended up in people camping Jet spawns, and those who got to fly just dogfighted all game and completely ignored the objectives.

Yes, but what are you a player of, Halo wise? I've played Halo for 14 years. Literally. 14. Years. Adding in scarabs, pelicans, longswords, etc isn't a good idea. It's not a big enough map to accommodate a scarab. or any of the other attack jets you're requesting. They have pelicans, that drop you off, that's good enough.
The abuse of these would make the game unbearable. They have added vehicles to the multiplayer experience. They don't have to add in more and more vehicles. It's ridiculous.
They were able to add these vehicles to the 'custom edition', because it was easily rendered. And it was on your computer. Not your Xbox, or Xbox one.
DV Gooney wrote:
Why do People keep saying that you need wide open spaces for a scarab? In multiple games you can see them easily traversing cliffs and buildings, really all you need is space that could fit the scarab's legs.
Yea... and how exactly would this be balanced there bud?
You want there to be a pretty much overpowered, big -Yoink- tank like structure, that is able to traverse all of the topography in the game, and allow the user/operator to literally DECIMATE the entire population. Makes perfect sense dude. Perfect. I don't even know WHY people are saying no.
I think a Scarab boss would be pretty Yoinking awesome.

Flyable Pelicans I could see. But driveable Scarabs will never, ever happen.
Caluben wrote:
I think a Scarab boss would be pretty Yoinking awesome.

Flyable Pelicans I could see. But driveable Scarabs will never, ever happen.
I'm curious, what exactly are you seeing the Pelicans DO?
I mean, why would you want to waste/use your energy/cards on them?
Are they going to only transport people?
Okay, if they are only transporting, what is the point of using your energy/cards to move your troops around?
Are you going to require them to allow flags/bombs in this?
That wouldn't be very fair, now would it?
How would they counter said Pelican with the bomb/flag in it?
Would they just take the bomb, and then hover off shore/away from the other team?

You see the point here? It just isn't a feasible option, they can't really be balanced to make them worthwhile, and if they let them in, all they could do is make them a transport, of ONLY troops. What is the point behind that?
wow a scarab is too big to drive even in a warzone map but a pelican would be nice even in forge
i would love to fly a pelican in a forge or any oter mode is just so fun
and it would give a lot öf stratagy for the warzone to use the pelican to deploy allies it would be nice
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8