Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone = Pay to Win, here's why

OP xN1ghtShadowx

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
So, when this game first came out I would of agreed with you, but tbh.. I cannot disagree anymore.

Pay-To-Win by Urban Dictionary;
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

True. Someone who decides to buy 100 Gold packs, Unlocks all legendaries and Mythic items and has a constant stream of REQ's since $ = REQ Balance. But that's not to say the least that they will Win each game with those REQ's. Remember, the Definition is Pay-To-Win. Not, ''Pay-To-Rack-Up-60-Kills-And-Still-Loose''

Sure, ONI Tanks, Ultra Banshee's, Norn Fangs and any other amazing item is something that does make it difficult to win games, but it's not as if it's impossible. You yourself are stating that if you burn all your good REQ's in game, and consistently verse people with a REQ balance, it's pay to win, correct? I mean. What if someone earned all of there REQ's from games, has a good amount of them, and you verse them up to 3 times, You have no REQ's and they do, does this make them Pay-To-Win simply because have more Items than you?

I can dominate a game with a BR, DMR, hell.. A pistol. Sure, it's not as easy as popping some hard squishy REQ's, but.. It's simple, we kill the guy with the Nornfang. (Joker pun intended)

Technically you can still earn Exactly the same as everyone else, just at a slower rate.
And you might as well get use to it, microtransactions arent leaving this game, nor any game in this generation any time soon.

Note: By definition, it does say ''allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate'' but this does not correlate with Halo since all items in game are the same for everyone who uses them, it's not as if you can join a game with a Level 50 Sniper and one shot tanks since you paid to make it better, again, all items can be earn the same, hell if you have good RNG luck, you could have every good weapon in this game.
You act like urban dictionary is a reliable source. That's funny.
Did i say anything about reliable? I simply used it as an example since some people must not understand the common understanding of 'Pay-To-Win'. That's also pretty funny.
Nope, the team that pays more for reqs doesnt win, the better team wins, they spawned those vehicles at the same time due to teamwork, im sure that most of the team on the losing side have those vehicles too but made the mistake of not playing as a team and are now paying the price, pinned, at their base.
The best new word I got out of this was the new term "Burners". Very fitting term for someone who uses as many power weapons, power ups and vehicles possible in a match. Nothing wrong with that by any means, sometimes that's what it takes to turn a match around.
That still isnt pay to win
Lol we're not even obligated to buy req packs with real currency. Nothing about this game makes us obligated to buy req packs with money. I hardly ever use req items, except for active camo and blaze of glory (I have a ton load that I would like to burn). If you have already collected everything from req packs, then you can get refunded a certain amount. That certain amount lets you buy more. For gold packs, you basically spend 8000 for 2 instead of 1 for 10k (Only if you have gotten everything from req packs). Point of this game is that you have to be conservative as possible. If you are burning 10 of the same cards in one match because you keep dying with them or you are the only one spawning them, that means your team isn't doing their part or they simply don't have any. Also, Pay-To-Win is when you know exactly what you are getting to keep up in the game and has infinite use. They also tend to take a long time to grind for which is why buying it with money is the easiest way to go in those games. Req packs are randomized and takes time to narrow down req items, but getting req packs is very quick.
Prepare yourselves for an incoming rant

Enemy team spawns one tank, one banshee, one wraith, and a gauss hog. You're trapped in your base as they pin you down. So, how do you turn it around? Just start burning some of your best REQs! And don't worry, even if you die, I'm sure you'll be able to use up another one : )

What's that? It's the end of the game and you don't have enough points for a gold pack to get your good stuff back? Don't worry! You can just spend $2.99 as many times as you need to until you get your supplies back! Also, you may find more rare goodies in your payment!

... Yeah... been on a losing stream all day due to people plowing through REQ cards...

Also, for those who due burn REQ cards like crazy, I here by lable you as "Burners"
Go look at my stats for Warzone. I Have not spent a dime of real money on REQ packs. I rarely every use power weapons other than occasional sniper or SAW. I average between 15 and 30 kills with less than 10 deaths per game on average. My stats alone disprove your assumption.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
O_O;
People are missing the biggest problem of war zone right now. That new armour. People are grinding so hard for the spartan company kill commendations.

The last couple of games I get into a solo Warzone match. I find myself being spawn trapped in the core within 5 minutes, the enemy team continues to just farm for kills, not even bothering to destroy the core, everybody gets 30-60 kills on their team. But because you're playing solo (I don't mind playing solo, before you tell me to try to have a full squad aswel.) everybody will just keep running outside to try to capture an armoury.

There is nothing that 343i can do about it, because it's not against the rules to farm for kills. But I can tell you right now that this is the biggest issue that is going on with war zone right now. New players who don't even have any reqs yet will be getting really annoyed by this. Therefor quitting the game and what not.

It has nothing to do with people paying for reqs. It's just because some teams are just grinding and winning every match, therefor being able to buy multiple gold packs per day, cause 1 tank is enough to cover for 10min of gameplay.
Ka Five wrote:

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have with real money.
Yeah, it *ONLY* takes 5-6 20-25 minute games of Warzone to unlock ONE gold pack. Two hours, man, for what could very well be two emblems and 13 cards, two being boosts, at least three are usually power ups, and a handful of guns and vehicles that far too frequently come in the form of Closed Fists, Tundra Warthogs and Ghosts. I guess my point is that 8 or so guns and vehicles feels a wee bit like total -Yoink-, especially considering all of the REQs used during that two hour block grind of Warzone games. The only half -Yoinked!- solace I have is knowing that in the event I should run low on normal, useful REQs, I could always go back to buying silver packs for a while, now that they're only 2000 points each for me. But that still feels dumb. The fact that the REQ pool has become so saturated with extraneous duplicates, like six "different" types of Warthog, Mongoose, Gungoose, Scout Warthog, Rocket Warthog, Gauss Warthog, Scorpion tank, and Mantis, that your chances of finding ONE of a certain gun, guns, or VEHICLE that you're looking for across the expanse of five gold packs (ten hours) is unlikely at best.
So yeah, I listed those vehicles up there - 8 different vehicles, right? Well that makes 48 variations which all get equal weighting when being selected amongst everything else in an RNG pack. But oh, they're all unique, you say! Some have "extra armor," while others have "rugged," "upgraded," or even "heavy armor!" SMH... The only meaningful variants are ONI, and if somebody feels like detailing the numerical values and differences that set apart the vaguely described "rugged," "extra," and "upgraded armor," be my guest.
So, when this game first came out I would of agreed with you, but tbh.. I cannot disagree anymore.

Pay-To-Win by Urban Dictionary;
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

True. Someone who decides to buy 100 Gold packs, Unlocks all legendaries and Mythic items and has a constant stream of REQ's since $ = REQ Balance. But that's not to say the least that they will Win each game with those REQ's. Remember, the Definition is Pay-To-Win. Not, ''Pay-To-Rack-Up-60-Kills-And-Still-Loose''

Sure, ONI Tanks, Ultra Banshee's, Norn Fangs and any other amazing item is something that does make it difficult to win games, but it's not as if it's impossible. You yourself are stating that if you burn all your good REQ's in game, and consistently verse people with a REQ balance, it's pay to win, correct? I mean. What if someone earned all of there REQ's from games, has a good amount of them, and you verse them up to 3 times, You have no REQ's and they do, does this make them Pay-To-Win simply because have more Items than you?

I can dominate a game with a BR, DMR, hell.. A pistol. Sure, it's not as easy as popping some hard squishy REQ's, but.. It's simple, we kill the guy with the Nornfang. (Joker pun intended)

Technically you can still earn Exactly the same as everyone else, just at a slower rate.
And you might as well get use to it, microtransactions arent leaving this game, nor any game in this generation any time soon.

Note: By definition, it does say ''allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate'' but this does not correlate with Halo since all items in game are the same for everyone who uses them, it's not as if you can join a game with a Level 50 Sniper and one shot tanks since you paid to make it better, again, all items can be earn the same, hell if you have good RNG luck, you could have every good weapon in this game.
You act like urban dictionary is a reliable source. That's funny.
Lol yea, even by that definition, I see it as pay to win.

Warzone is pay to win, no matter how you look at it. It doesn't make it a bad thing, warzone was always meant to be an unbalanced Random game.
But I just think it's hilarious that people deny it, and are blind to the fact that it is pay to win.

It doesn't matter though, it is what it is. I still won't pay for req packs.
You can get all the stuff you really need from bronze packs. Railguns/Plasma pistols for vehicles, shotguns/storm rifles for CQC, suppressor/boltshot/carbine for mid range, and your trusty BR for long/all ranges.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
Well I guess I should've been banned about a month or so ago..
Yeah, pretty sure that's not your problem, OP.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
Sooooooo hey fun fact.

I have *TWO* Whispered Truths.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.
If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.
It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.
ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
Sooooooo hey fun fact.
I have *TWO* Whispered Truths.
Banned.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
So... are my 8 bans multiplicative or additive?
Your argument is defunct because you can earn all those reqs without spending money. I've managed to keep a good garage of vehicles, you just have to learn to time your "burns" better. Look for a team too... Doomsday Gaming maybe? :O)
So because people use REQ cards automatically means they must have paid for them? Solid logic.
You did see that I said I was in a bad mood, right? xD
And that somehow justifies a completely a post that you have no idea what you are talking about? Solid logic.
Maybe people just know how to use their req packs? I see no disadvantage in the other team using what you could easily get, paid or not they still have to do the waiting time to even reach the level 6 and wait for the recharge to use it again.
I've said this when the game first came out and this argument was first made. It isn't pay to win, its pay for power. All points you made are fine, but if you go into that same situation with a team, its actually pretty funny to turn it around.

Let me tell you a story.

Same situation you were in, all 3 bases captured, stuck in the base, we had a team of 5 people. 3 of us spawned banshees and ran away, we then had one guy spawn a ghost, and he got away with his 2nd ghost, barely alive, and our 5th kept lasering heavy vehicles, I think they had a wraith and 2 scorpions, keeping their attention. We had one banshee, and our ghost go kill everything at the other bases, minus the east armory because thats where they were spawning, we took the spire and west almost at the same time, and then took the east while they were fighting over it, we capped all 3 bases just in time for our ghost and another banshee to run into their base and get their core.

It isn't an easy thing to do without a team, but power isn't everything.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10