5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
Great another one of these
Oh Ghostly wrote:
Prepare yourselves for an incoming rant

Enemy team spawns one tank, one banshee, one wraith, and a gauss hog. You're trapped in your base as they pin you down. So, how do you turn it around? Just start burning some of your best REQs! And don't worry, even if you die, I'm sure you'll be able to use up another one : )

What's that? It's the end of the game and you don't have enough points for a gold pack to get your good stuff back? Don't worry! You can just spend $2.99 as many times as you need to until you get your supplies back! Also, you may find more rare goodies in your payment!

... Yeah... been on a losing stream all day due to people plowing through REQ cards...

Also, for those who due burn REQ cards like crazy, I here by lable you as "Burners"
So that legendary mantis I used to wreck people that one game according to you I bought it, when I got lucky after so many hours of grinding. Go be salty somewhere else, I hereby dub people like you...Morton.
Considering how the HCS is now a 2 million dollar prize pool -_-
okay
Oh Ghostly wrote:

Enemy team spawns one tank, one banshee, one wraith, and a gauss hog. You're trapped in your base as they pin you down. So, how do you turn it around? Just start burning some of your best REQs! And don't worry, even if you die, I'm sure you'll be able to use up another one : )

What's that? It's the end of the game and you don't have enough points for a gold pack to get your good stuff back? Don't worry! You can just spend $2.99 as many times as you need to until you get your supplies back! Also, you may find more rare goodies in your payment!

... Yeah... been on a losing stream all day due to people plowing through REQ cards...

Also, for those who due burn REQ cards like crazy, I here by lable you as "Burners"
So that legendary mantis I used to wreck people that one game according to you I bought it, when I got lucky after so many hours of grinding. Go be salty somewhere else, I hereby dub people like you...Morton.
Considering how the HCS is now a 2 million dollar prize pool -_-
i had one who kept burning thru whiplash and tanks , mustve seen that guy in atleast 3 seperate tanks and i personally got a whiplash drop twice on killing him...funny thing is, even if he/she did burn thru a lot of req cards, he had a k/d less than 1 in that game and they lost but a 400 point margin.

point being is that, even if u do spend a lot of cash on reqs or burn thru a lot of cards in a game, its not gonna do you a lot of good unless you, as a player, are good at the game.
AngryBuda wrote:
Initially, I was against anyone who mentioned H5G and "pay to win" in the same sentence.

But considering the lack of req point rewards & constant quitting in Arena, Warzone is becoming the only multiplayer area I focus on. And pay to win is certainly one way to obtain victory in Warzone.

trying to earn Req points in an effort to Unlock the good weapons takes time, and a lot of it.

343i needs to Nerf the costs of Req packs or... Give an extreme buff to the req points rewarded across the board. Or I will end up getting burnt out and lose interest in H5G.

the fun is in earning the reqs, i was kinda jealous of all those with scorpions certified until i got my own cert a couple of weeks back, felt really satisfying that i earned it, that too with a gametime of probably 9 -10 hours a week
Pay to win is ONLY acceptable if SOMEONE gets something special that the OTHER TEAM CAN NOT. However, everyone has access to everything in Warzone, regardless if they pay with money or grind through matches for REQ points.
The potential issue is that people who spend real money have higher chances for better REQs (and potential more total REQs) than people who just play. Unless you play several hours a day, it would be difficult to match the amount and quality of REQs of someone who pays real money to supplement their acquisitions. That's where the danger comes from. It may not be true pay-2-win, but it is dangerously close.
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
5-6? My experience has been almost always 4.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
I'm currently sitting on three whispered truths and I don't even know when I got them!
This post is just fueling the fire. This is non-constructive.
XLR8 wrote:
I'm voicing an opinion. And truthfully speaking, all my friends as well as myself think that Warzone is pay to win : P

Yeah, reqs are overrated. I typically use the standard BR and 1 or 2 cards a game, still average 30 kills (i think).
XLR8 wrote:
I'm voicing an opinion. And truthfully speaking, all my friends as well as myself think that Warzone is pay to win : P
Thread resolved, this is nothing more then your opinion. I however don't, I think it is based on luck and skill.
Pay to win is ONLY acceptable if SOMEONE gets something special that the OTHER TEAM CAN NOT. However, everyone has access to everything in Warzone, regardless if they pay with money or grind through matches for REQ points.
This right here. There's plenty of ways to counter vehicles in the game. I usually prefer to cloak and sneak out to board them. Splinter grenades work wonders too.
So, when this game first came out I would of agreed with you, but tbh.. I cannot disagree anymore.

Pay-To-Win by Urban Dictionary;
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

True. Someone who decides to buy 100 Gold packs, Unlocks all legendaries and Mythic items and has a constant stream of REQ's since $ = REQ Balance. But that's not to say the least that they will Win each game with those REQ's. Remember, the Definition is Pay-To-Win. Not, ''Pay-To-Rack-Up-60-Kills-And-Still-Loose''

Sure, ONI Tanks, Ultra Banshee's, Norn Fangs and any other amazing item is something that does make it difficult to win games, but it's not as if it's impossible. You yourself are stating that if you burn all your good REQ's in game, and consistently verse people with a REQ balance, it's pay to win, correct? I mean. What if someone earned all of there REQ's from games, has a good amount of them, and you verse them up to 3 times, You have no REQ's and they do, does this make them Pay-To-Win simply because have more Items than you?

I can dominate a game with a BR, DMR, hell.. A pistol. Sure, it's not as easy as popping some hard squishy REQ's, but.. It's simple, we kill the guy with the Nornfang. (Joker pun intended)

Technically you can still earn Exactly the same as everyone else, just at a slower rate.
And you might as well get use to it, microtransactions arent leaving this game, nor any game in this generation any time soon.

Note: By definition, it does say ''allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate'' but this does not correlate with Halo since all items in game are the same for everyone who uses them, it's not as if you can join a game with a Level 50 Sniper and one shot tanks since you paid to make it better, again, all items can be earn the same, hell if you have good RNG luck, you could have every good weapon in this game.
I agreed with almost all of this, minus the Urban Dictionary part since it is not a reliable source but close enough to the truth. Not to be pretentious here,but my Company is one of the best Warzone companies out there and I make it point to make sure all my members learn to use Standard issue weapons first rather than REQs. Why? If there is a ever a game where someone manages to snag the Legendary from us and deny us our XP then we need to use our Standard Issue weapons to close the gap. I have also had games where no one in the game can call in a single REQ, everyone had AR and Magnum. One of those games were with my friends in ONI and we tripled their score in the end and even managed a trip cap. How? They are heavily dependent upon REQs to win. Also many of my members have most of their REQs unlocked without paying cash simply by playing, although I guess you could just say that is a benefit of playing with a good team.
I hear what you mean it sucks
Ka Five wrote:

5-6? My experience has been almost always 4.
You sure? I've always had 1-2 games per gold pack as far as I can remember... Then again they only cost 4000 REQ points for me.
Even I'd I had money to burn, I would still grind. I find it alot more satisfying, even if it is just luck.
Ka Five wrote:
Ka Five wrote:

Good news is that I finally won a game... and got "Whispered Truth" from the daily win pack... so worth the grind X_ )
Banned.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS WHEN I DON'T IS BANNED. >:(
I'm currently sitting on three whispered truths and I don't even know when I got them!
I never use that thing since I pull other REQs and level 5. Think I have something like 27 in my collection now... only ever pull them out if a Company member wants to test it out.
It is pay to win if you're not the best. There are those games where people keep calling in reqs and still lose.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10