4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
Oh Ghostly wrote:
Prepare yourselves for an incoming rant

Enemy team spawns one tank, one banshee, one wraith, and a gauss hog. You're trapped in your base as they pin you down. So, how do you turn it around? Just start burning some of your best REQs! And don't worry, even if you die, I'm sure you'll be able to use up another one : )

What's that? It's the end of the game and you don't have enough points for a gold pack to get your good stuff back? Don't worry! You can just spend $2.99 as many times as you need to until you get your supplies back! Also, you may find more rare goodies in your payment!

... Yeah... been on a losing stream all day due to people plowing through REQ cards...

Also, for those who due burn REQ cards like crazy, I here by lable you as "Burners"
So that legendary mantis I used to wreck people that one game according to you I bought it, when I got lucky after so many hours of grinding. Go be salty somewhere else, I hereby dub people like you...Morton.
Considering how the HCS is now a 2 million dollar prize pool -_-
You do realize that extra money came from people who bought the HCS pack, correct?
If warzone is a pay-to-win game, then I am doing pretty darn well against people paying a lot of money.
I have only put down $35 on req card at the start when the game came out. I have over 20 of each req and have 35k around 48k req points saved and still going for the next dlc...soooooo it must be pay to win right? seeing as i payed $35 at 4 months ago and have just been earning the rest. also have every req that you can get in packs, and $35 is not going to even bring you close to getting them all
I've spent a similar amount I believe and have 100,000 REQ points stocked for next update and everything unlocked. The only REQs cards I don't have in abundance at this point at the ones I actually use... Over 50 of all tank variants (wraith included) but only 3 ONI scorps left (.-.). The over 50 thing actually applies to all fo my REQs minus the mythic actually(mostly true), had to check my stock to confirm. Then again I am level 145... on a side note, WHY 343?! 1,200,000 xp to the next level is just inhumane!
Ka Five wrote:
Having personally spent money on REQs, I can confirm the most I've gotten out of it are cosmetics. Lol.

If someone is spawn trapped, and uses one of their "pay-to-win tanks" and immediately gets blown up from the enemy team's spawn trap, It's gonna take QUITE a bit for the REQ levels to recharge to six. Honestly, you'd be better off using a Scout Hog and capturing an Armory or something.

It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have from real money.
5-6? My experience has been almost always 4.
You sure? I've always had 1-2 games per gold pack as far as I can remember... Then again they only cost 4000 REQ points for me.
4,000?... That... That seems wrong...
I have not spent a single penny and have tons of tanks, banshees, mantis, and other vehicles waiting to be used. The only way you don't have vehicles is if you use them poorly.
It's a bad rant, for sure, but I know the problem. Solo queuing for Warzone is truly an awful experience. I've 99% solo queued since H1 (via PC connect or whatever that thing was called). My friends will get into Halo for a bit, but they are 99% sports gamers (as am I, outside Halo).

So pay or not, playing solo in WZ is something that needs to be fixed big time. This coming from a guy who never complains about solo queuing. Yes, it drags win % down, as it should. Yes it drags stats down (always getting double teamed), as it should. People who team up deserve to have better rank / stats.

That said... Warzone is the 'most hardcore' Halo MM I've ever played and it's not even close. I get base pinned 90% of my games. I only care about one thing, having fun. And it's not fun, at all. I don't believe this is what 343 intended with this gamemode. (I feel like it's the cash cow, aka casuals that have money to blow to ultimately pay for 'free' DLC for the better players (high school / college students with more time than us old dogs)).

343 has got to make a way for teams to play teams, and pugs to play pugs.
But you can pay with req points
Do not post discriminatory comments.

Spoiler:
Show
I have a butt ton of read but I play arena so they are useless to me
So because people use REQ cards automatically means they must have paid for them? Solid logic.
You did see that I said I was in a bad mood, right? xD
Take 2 aspirin go to bed and come back when your feeling better.

Enemy team spawns one tank, one banshee, one wraith, and a gauss hog. You're trapped in your base as they pin you down. So, how do you turn it around? Just start burning some of your best REQs! And don't worry, even if you die, I'm sure you'll be able to use up another one : )

What's that? It's the end of the game and you don't have enough points for a gold pack to get your good stuff back? Don't worry! You can just spend $2.99 as many times as you need to until you get your supplies back! Also, you may find more rare goodies in your payment!

... Yeah... been on a losing stream all day due to people plowing through REQ cards...

Also, for those who due burn REQ cards like crazy, I here by lable you as "Burners"
its pay to win for you cuz YOU F-ING SUCK
While I appreciate your rent, and it is true that people can bring to requisitions very quickly , it comes down to which team takes the higher ground , garage, Monument, or simply the third field position . There's a couple of other things to consider as well . Maybe the other team just doesn't have all that much strategy going for them . Blindly charging into open air outside of cover and not trying to take down those bosses or capture assets heard some too. You are right a lot of people burn to their requisitions in an attempt to gain the upper hand , but I have witnessed teams with tanks and banshees get destroyed with teams that sneak up on the tank , or use DMR s in groups to bring down the banshee . It's a case-by-case or game by game differential.
Or, I mean, you and/or your team had a few bad games (sucked) the guys burning through the reqs could of had loads saved up via I don't know...playing the freaking game?!

It's pay to win if only 1 side has access to something giving a clear advantage, which this is not the case
Pay to win is ONLY acceptable if SOMEONE gets something special that the OTHER TEAM CAN NOT. However, everyone has access to everything in Warzone, regardless if they pay with money or grind through matches for REQ points.
I disagree, you could find always find a way in warzone. It just requires fast thinking and a team if available.
eh. Get over it
I hate when you get trapped in a base and are forced to burn REQ's to get out but thats only because of poor map design.
i feel like the pay to win aspect only really matters if your playing the same team over and over as they will have more reqs to use over time then you will, thats it really
PuttyGod wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
It only takes 5-6 Warzone games to buy a Gold REQ. I've gotten better things from REQ points than I have with real money.
Yeah, it *ONLY* takes 5-6 20-25 minute games of Warzone to unlock ONE gold pack. Two hours, man, for what could very well be two emblems and 13 cards, two being boosts, at least three are usually power ups, and a handful of guns and vehicles that far too frequently come in the form of Closed Fists, Tundra Warthogs and Ghosts. I guess my point is that 8 or so guns and vehicles feels a wee bit like total -Yoink-, especially considering all of the REQs used during that two hour block grind of Warzone games. The only half -Yoinked!- solace I have is knowing that in the event I should run low on normal, useful REQs, I could always go back to buying silver packs for a while, now that they're only 2000 points each for me. But that still feels dumb. The fact that the REQ pool has become so saturated with extraneous duplicates, like six "different" types of Warthog, Mongoose, Gungoose, Scout Warthog, Rocket Warthog, Gauss Warthog, Scorpion tank, and Mantis, that your chances of finding ONE of a certain gun, guns, or VEHICLE that you're looking for across the expanse of five gold packs (ten hours) is unlikely at best.
So yeah, I listed those vehicles up there - 8 different vehicles, right? Well that makes 48 variations which all get equal weighting when being selected amongst everything else in an RNG pack. But oh, they're all unique, you say! Some have "extra armor," while others have "rugged," "upgraded," or even "heavy armor!" SMH... The only meaningful variants are ONI, and if somebody feels like detailing the numerical values and differences that set apart the vaguely described "rugged," "extra," and "upgraded armor," be my guest.
Or 8 games of Warzone Assault. Which is an hour.

You lost, so you assume it's because they paid for more Reqs... Is it impossible that these teams just played better than yours and got their Reqs by grinding?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10