3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10
DynamiXx52 wrote:
The funny part is, 343 is just loving this debate. "It's pay to win!"... "No it isn't!" ... "It is and here's why!" ... "No it isn't and here's why!" - blah blah blah.

Why are they loving this? Because their plan worked perfectly. All of those who rant "It's pay to win" are just irritating those who say "No it isn't" and vice versa. But for the most part, they're still playing. Those who support reqs are buying in spite of those who don't... and those who don't are still playing even if they aren't buying, which means there's always a reason for those who buy to keep buying.

Of course they gave you a choice of buying or not! lmao If they didn't give you a choice, people would label it "pay just to play" and that'd be even worse.

Of course they're going to deploy a clever balancing tactic that will help keep those who are willing to buy from just stomping on those who aren't! lol If they didn't, it would actually be "pay to win"... which pretty much equates to "pay just to play" anyway... unless you're a masochist or something.

So, while each side bitterly contests their viewpoint, 343 just sits back and rubs their hands as the req money keeps coming in. You see, if it was an easily and clearly defined "pay to win", then it would be a no brainer for those who don't support that practice and likely even those who are undecided to not support it and not play.

Therefore, for all intents and purposes, it's "pay for the opportunity to gain the upper hand"... which is much more palatable... as long as you're willing to overlook the fact that 343 is basically playing the role of Yuri Orlov in Lord of War...
*sarcasm*

343 definitely isn't just a game developer, they are evil overlords who will take over the world forcing everyone to buy req packs. This is just the beginning.
forcing? NO! 343 have given you a matter of choice. either buy them with money, or spend them when you have enough while playing matches.
Eventually, the freedom of choice will be stripped from us as Bonnie Ross becomes queen of the world and makes buying daily req packs a law. Btw did you not see my sarcasm?
Heh... regardless of how it all ends up, I still saw Yuri as a sleazy -yoink- who could've found other, less underhanded looking ways to make his money in the same business. He probably just wouldn't have made as much. *sarcasm* > Poor guy! lol
Naaaail wrote:
No, REQ card burners are the ones who spawn ultra banshees and scorpions at 950 points just to kill the warden.
Yeah, god forbid someone uses a power weapon/vehicle to get a game-winning kill. HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!?
Warzone is all about using REQs to win. You're pretty much saying that you assume anyone who uses a lot has paid for them.
bcse more often the not that is the case, it just is. And as of the time right now, yes warzone is pay to win. Yes everyone can get the reqs, at some point in the far future. Thats the things, far enough ahead people will also finally have them, like 2 or 3 of them with a small chance gor more. Seeing the issue come up. Now the people that pay, any good reqs as much as they can buy faster. Req charge levels, yes but every game continous for what others need to work at least 3 or 4 games for. More packs, more unlocks, more cards. More general uses, team that has reqs bigger advantage, PAY TO WIN.
Im guessing since were on consoles we dont understand this, since casual gamers deal with this on their empire/clash/clans phone app games where you pay to for resources and time and units. AS OF RIGHT NOW, warzone is pay to win until everyone literally does have free range of req unlocks.
Should have been a warzone pack, arena pack, and cosmetic pack at launch. Not bronze, silver, gold.
JunkieJD wrote:
Chill. Let people waste their money rather than save it for more important things.
Word.
lol
I don’t buy that its pay to win because I often forget to use req cards and still do okay
There's a giant hole in your logic. You're ASSUMING the winning team had people that bought them instead of collecting them. There's no way to know so it can't be pay to win since there is as much chance of someone on your team having bought req cards than the person you're fighting. But you ignore this fallacy because you're all butthurt over losing in Warzone. I have over 10 Wraith Ultras, 28ish sword banshees and who knows how many Tanks. I could and have spammed them on certain matches because I rarely ever use them otherwise. Some matches some people splurge. If no one on your team didn't have or eventually use any of those I would be surprised. Stop crying about it.
I'm sorry but that isn't how that works. Just because you lost your stuff you foolishly used up yourself, Its all on you how you will gain any of those back. Keep playing to gain points or spend real bucks, choice is yours BUT like any game which this feature...its a gamble on the outcome or stupid choices to spawn rare vehicles/weapons to win a match when you are as you said, pinned at your home base.

One tank, banshee, wraith, and w/e all outside....Camo anyone? or just hold the fort down and dont let them destroy the core. Its all on you and wasting req.
Oh these threads are always the same, and they do get annoying. It's not like you can't destroy the vehicles they have or pull out a counterpart weapon. And I do not think everyone in the world spends hundreds of dollars in reqs, they could just be more experienced than yourself.
Except its not pay to win. If anything, its pay to have more REQs in storage, but still use the same amount than someone who doesn't pay.
There's a slight advantage to people that use their own money to buy reqs in warzone, but this advantage is mitigated by the RNG nature of the whole req system.You aren't guaranteed to get any req you want even if you pay money to buy req packs.
JLEG3NDARY wrote:
The funny part is, 343 is just loving this debate. "It's pay to win!"... "No it isn't!" ... "It is and here's why!" ... "No it isn't and here's why!" - blah blah blah.

Why are they loving this? Because their plan worked perfectly. All of those who rant "It's pay to win" are just irritating those who say "No it isn't" and vice versa. But for the most part, they're still playing. Those who support reqs are buying in spite of those who don't... and those who don't are still playing even if they aren't buying, which means there's always a reason for those who buy to keep buying.

Of course they gave you a choice of buying or not! lmao If they didn't give you a choice, people would label it "pay just to play" and that'd be even worse.

Of course they're going to deploy a clever balancing tactic that will help keep those who are willing to buy from just stomping on those who aren't! lol If they didn't, it would actually be "pay to win"... which pretty much equates to "pay just to play" anyway... unless you're a masochist or something.

So, while each side bitterly contests their viewpoint, 343 just sits back and rubs their hands as the req money keeps coming in. You see, if it was an easily and clearly defined "pay to win", then it would be a no brainer for those who don't support that practice and likely even those who are undecided to not support it and not play.

Therefore, for all intents and purposes, it's "pay for the opportunity to gain the upper hand"... which is much more palatable... as long as you're willing to overlook the fact that 343 is basically playing the role of Yuri Orlov in Lord of War...
*sarcasm*

343 definitely isn't just a game developer, they are evil overlords who will take over the world forcing everyone to buy req packs. This is just the beginning.
No one is forcing anyone to do what they don't want to do. You have twisted perspective on the power of choice. You can choose to grind for the REQ's like the old gamer days or you can choose to purchase these REQ's.
How can nobody see my sarcasm? I was joking with his post and I don't think it's pay to win. Even with my *sarcasm* nobody understood it. Looks like I can't post jokes anymore, but I still will regardless if people don't undertand them.
Even if Warzone is P2W thats fine. Yeah technically sure it is considering you could spend 100$ on it and be practically unstoppable but even then i wouldnt call it a problem.

Warzone is how they make their money and its why we dont have to pay for the DLC(coughthingsthatshouldhavebeeninthegameatlaunchcough) but if you dont like what the game type consists of and was designed to be like then just go play Arena.
Pay to win is ONLY acceptable if SOMEONE gets something special that the OTHER TEAM CAN NOT. However, everyone has access to everything in Warzone, regardless if they pay with money or grind through matches for REQ points.
exactly
When I am in a warzone game. I use req energy to buy things to kill you.
Relax bro its all good, take a breath and enjoy the game and have fun and laugh about it eh!
Aha... people still think the req system is p2w.

How quaint.
eh not worth buying them anyway you look at it
Aha... people still think the req system is p2w.

How quaint.
lol true
Team of 12 with all reqs unlocked including dozens of mythics to spare

V

Team of 12 with half of all reqs unlocked with the odd mythic

Players are of similar skill level.

Who wins?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7