Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone Team Killing...why?

OP Baal Ammun

Why do so many people feel the urge to ram you or destroy your ride during Warzone?

I can't even go five consecutive games without finding someone that recklessly rams you while on foot or thinks it's fantastic to blast your Gauss Hog or Rocket Hog during Warzone. I understand in the heat of the moment, you sometimes slam around in confined spaces or you're dodging enemy fire, and end up hitting a team mate; I get that, but why on Earth would anyone maliciously think it's "playing the game" by intentional TK'ing someone? Are you guys all sadists or do you have an unverified mental delay? Because it's getting old. This isn't the Halo I remember from 2 and 3 (Yes, I'm that old), and it's really toxic having people actively trying to ruin your game, C'mon folks.

I know this is coming off as ranting or whining, and yes the Xbox has Block/Report features for that reason, but is it really worth trolling in a match like that?
I really wish 343 would turn off ALL FF in WZ. At least in firefight mode.
Baal Ammun wrote:
Why do so many people feel the urge to ram you or destroy your ride during Warzone?I can't even go five consecutive games without finding someone that recklessly rams you while on foot or thinks it's fantastic to blast your Gauss Hog or Rocket Hog during Warzone. I understand in the heat of the moment, you sometimes slam around in confined spaces or you're dodging enemy fire, and end up hitting a team mate; I get that, but why on Earth would anyone maliciously think it's "playing the game" by intentional TK'ing someone? Are you guys all sadists or do you have an unverified mental delay? Because it's getting old. This isn't the Halo I remember from 2 and 3 (Yes, I'm that old), and it's really toxic having people actively trying to ruin your game, C'mon folks.

I know this is coming off as ranting or whining, and yes the Xbox has Block/Report features for that reason, but is it really worth trolling in a match like that?
I’m surprised you’ve played since 2 and never experienced this behavior because it was a thing since CE and got progressively worse up to reach, after that it actually dropped a lot lol.
Baal Ammun wrote:
Why do so many people feel the urge to ram you or destroy your ride during Warzone?I can't even go five consecutive games without finding someone that recklessly rams you while on foot or thinks it's fantastic to blast your Gauss Hog or Rocket Hog during Warzone. I understand in the heat of the moment, you sometimes slam around in confined spaces or you're dodging enemy fire, and end up hitting a team mate; I get that, but why on Earth would anyone maliciously think it's "playing the game" by intentional TK'ing someone? Are you guys all sadists or do you have an unverified mental delay? Because it's getting old. This isn't the Halo I remember from 2 and 3 (Yes, I'm that old), and it's really toxic having people actively trying to ruin your game, C'mon folks.

I’m surprised you’ve played since 2 and never experienced this behavior because it was a thing since CE and got progressively worse up to reach, after that it actually dropped a lot lol.
I was thinking the same thing.
Seems like he never picked the sniper up in any of the earlier games.
People like to troll, they have nothing better to do. This won't change unless friendly fire is turned off.
Baal Ammun wrote:
but is it really worth trolling in a match like that?
To some people, yes. Griefers do what they do because they get enjoyment out of it. Ranging from simply doing it "for the lulz" to getting major dopamine spikes via causing misery like a true sociopath.
velchron wrote:
Baal Ammun wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.
Seems like he never picked the sniper up in any of the earlier games.
Except in that case it's a weapon on a map because some puffed up player thinks he's better with it.

In this case it's grieving because there's no intelligent reason why a teammate would destroy a vehicle or charge it unless they're being a scrub.

The earlier games didn't have this bufferoony where people do this with warthogs while having a pathological fear of getting in one and carrying their weight.
Oowoon wrote:
The earlier games didn't have this bufferoony where people do this with warthogs while having a pathological fear of getting in one and carrying their weight.
H2 had those kind of people.
Every Halo game has had the yoinks that troll or team kill or what ever for any number of reasons. First off in any warzone they can shoot your vehicle all they want it does zero damage to it. The only way for your team to kill you or damage you is to splatter you... You think H5 is bad go play some CE where you can get splattered even if your teammate wasn't trying since a tap kills you.... When it comes to warzone to avoid being splattered try to stay out of the main paths that vehicles need. I think some think a splatter was intentional when it really wasn't due to some players being in the middle of the road so to speak when they didn't have to be.
Players are dumb
I once had a guy ramming my scorpion with his wraith, trying to flip me over or block my shots, because I was bypassing his score in Firefight. After coming out in first place, I checked his profile. All of his screenshots are of him being first place in every Firefight match he’s ever been in.

If that’s not the prime example of a tool and loser, then I don’t know what is.
Unfortunately there’s a lot of trolls in a Warzone and I even know of a group of people that try to match streamers, get on their team, and throw games for their own enjoyment.
Some people enjoy trolling. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing it bothers you. My advice is to assume your teammates will always try to betray you for a power weapon, or just because they feel like it. If you are aware of your teammates around you, you have a better chance to survive if they try to betray you
Baal Ammun wrote:

You know why because of this always competitive game. MMR in every playlist it makes the game unplayable for good players they are always going to get matched with teamkillers or new player who don’t understand what to do yet. While they other team gets a full roster of average players who know what to do.

i swear it’s always me who has two power weapon and cam to die by a teammate running me over or just two power weapons in general or something good like cam dieing by a teammates ghost. It never fails

yes some are trolls but mostly I think they don’t know what to do or what they are even doing TBH

but one time I req out a Hannibal mantis on battle of noctus and I for got wheel man and my teammate saw me get out of it at garage and he stole it and tea bagged me. Then ultimately dieing less than a minute was it stupid of me yes I will never trust another random.

all in all some troll some are new players who don’t know any better and some just don’t know what to do even tho they played for a minute