Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone XP Packs

OP StealthCzar

Does anyone know when or if at all the warzone xp packs packs are coming to the store?
Does anyone know when or if at all the warzone xp packs packs are coming to the store?
They usually reappear during double xp events. Traditionally those might be summer or during October

The packs are always available on the MS Store for real currency though
Unfortunately, I don't know when these packs will return. However, something that can be said with certain is that these packs are overrated. The actual impact from these packs is much lower if we take into consideration the fact that you need to fund these packs.

If we take these considerations into account, the overall increase in XP payouts is around 3% if we assume that you spend the req points as efficiently as possible.
I'm personally more interested in Arena XP packs to help mend the gap between the two game modes.
I'm personally more interested in Arena XP packs to help mend the gap between the two game modes.
My gut feeling tells me that the Arena XP Boost pack is a far worse req point investment than Warzone counterpart. The main reasoning for this is that both of these packs costs the same amount of req points and will give the same amount of boosts but the Arena boosts will only provide in average half the amount of xp compared to the Warzone boosts.

However, I haven't collected enough data to draw a definitiv conclusion and the gut feeling may not always be super reliable.
There is a bundle of 20 legendary warzone xp in the shop

But you are not looking for it, you have to have a specific link
My gut feeling tells me that the Arena XP Boost pack is a far worse req point investment than Warzone counterpart. The main reasoning for this is that both of these packs costs the same amount of req points and will give the same amount of boosts but the Arena boosts will only provide in average half the amount of xp compared to the Warzone boosts.

However, I haven't collected enough data to draw a definitiv conclusion and the gut feeling may not always be super reliable.
Definitely a worse investment from my personal experience, but you also do way better in-depth analysis than I, so if you run the numbers and get something different then I would trust that.

What I am trying to address however is that WZFF (and really WZ in general) pays out such a ludicrous more xp than Arena that it really puts a strangle on the population and makes the experience feel like an absolutely waste of time for anyone playing game modes they prefer over WZFF (getting 1.9k xp for a 16 minute match in extermination is just cruel when I can get 25k xp for the same time investment in WZFF using the same grade boost).

Allowing Arena XP boosts to be purchased with RP all the time instead of being a rare occasion could help Arena players invest into making the experience more palatable and bring back some of the population to these playlists so its no longer just griefers and pros who make up 95% of the matches that take 20 minutes to find each other. With a legendary XP boost in Arena I am still making less xp/minute than when I play WZFF with a common boost and about equal (slightly better) to what I get in regular WZ with a uncommon boost if we include search times into the mix.
no
hopefully soon