Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Was spartan charge removed?

OP SamTheWeebo

Was playing a ranked arena match and I couldn't spartan charge. I sprinted to full speed many times and hit the punch button. I would just punch the air and fall out of sprint instead of doing the charge. Also when trying to ground pound I would again just punch the air and fall as normal. Ive been away for a few months so did something happen? Was spartan charge removed?
In the Team Arena playlist Spartan Charge and Ground Pound were indeed removed.
eLantern wrote:
In the Team Arena playlist Spartan Charge and Ground Pound were indeed removed.
Any idea why?
Quote:
With the goal of slowing down gameplay a bit and reducing “snowballing” during tournament matches, we explored removing Spartan Charge and Ground Pound from the suite of Spartan Abilities. After many internal discussions and playtests, we then decided to publicly test this change which started on Wednesday. Following those public playtests and further internal discussions, we’ve decided today to officially remove Spartan Charge and Ground Pound from HCS competitive play.

Removing or tweaking abilities is a substantial change as this has a fundamental impact on gameplay, and the decision is not something we take lightly. We’ll be closely monitoring test gameplay and feedback regarding these changes throughout the remainder of the offseason while the settings update process continues and will continue to monitor once official tournament play begins in June.

We believe both the addition of Forge maps and removal of Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are big steps towards resolving some of the reported issues that were present in previous seasons like players using these abilities outside of their intended roles to traverse maps too quickly, escapability, as well as overall pacing.
Link.
Eh seems like 343 ends up needing to take out new features they put in games to make competitive halo players happy. Wish people could just kind of go with the flow and play the game as intended.
Well to be fair, the HCS playlist was made for the people who play in the tournaments so the settings should be based on their feedback.
You have a point, but at what point does the game become so modified that it is no longer the game it was?
You have a point, but at what point does the game become so modified that it is no longer the game it was?
SC and GP have little to no influence on how competitive H5 is played. I’d argue they’re not big enough changes given the number of problems Halo 5 already has.

As for your question, you tell me. We haven’t truly reached that point so far within this game.
Only in my dreams
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Quote:
With the goal of slowing down gameplay a bit and reducing “snowballing” during tournament matches, we explored removing Spartan Charge and Ground Pound from the suite of Spartan Abilities. After many internal discussions and playtests, we then decided to publicly test this change which started on Wednesday. Following those public playtests and further internal discussions, we’ve decided today to officially remove Spartan Charge and Ground Pound from HCS competitive play.

Removing or tweaking abilities is a substantial change as this has a fundamental impact on gameplay, and the decision is not something we take lightly. We’ll be closely monitoring test gameplay and feedback regarding these changes throughout the remainder of the offseason while the settings update process continues and will continue to monitor once official tournament play begins in June.

We believe both the addition of Forge maps and removal of Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are big steps towards resolving some of the reported issues that were present in previous seasons like players using these abilities outside of their intended roles to traverse maps too quickly, escapability, as well as overall pacing.
Link.
YES YES YES. Those are the only 2 abilities that need to be removed I'm so pumped to see that i hope they implement it across all modes in Halo 5 including WZ.

<p></p>
Wait, I thought they were done with updates for halo 5?
I didn't mind GP I only used it when falling off the map and if I killed someone well, it was luck because I never really used it to kill anyone and no one uses it on me real often. SC had to go though and I'm glad they made this change.
Wait, I thought they were done with updates for halo 5?
They are for the bigger things, but this was basically a settings change for a playlist which can still be done. They also did one a few months ago with the REQ levels for some weapons in Warzone.
It sucks that the only playlist with the abilities is only slayer. I have a strong preference for OBJ over slayer. And now there is slayer in Arena, All Slayer playlist, and Breakout which is all slayer. FFA is all slayer too. I'd love to play bomb for instance. And my favorite obj gametype, flag, is only on 2 maps now in Arena. This really sucks imo.
It sucks that the only playlist with the abilities is only slayer. I have a strong preference for OBJ over slayer. And now there is slayer in Arena, All Slayer playlist, and Breakout which is all slayer. FFA is all slayer too. I'd love to play bomb for instance. And my favorite obj gametype, flag, is only on 2 maps now in Arena. This really sucks imo.
I started a thread telling them to bring back Fathom we need more maps in the rotation
Eh seems like 343 ends up needing to take out new features they put in games to make competitive halo players happy. Wish people could just kind of go with the flow and play the game as intended.
The reason wasnt to keep people happy. Those abilities blatently broke the game in many ways. I shouldn't have to explain why.
When I host customs Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are always turned off. It's nice to see that 343 is finally starting to realize that they are game breaking mechanics that aren't very fun to play with.
word.