Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Was this game made for any sort of reason?

OP Dr Robaldnik

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Think about it. At this time, I am REALLY disappointed with this game. The gameplay is fine, but the variety is the least I've seen in any Halo game since CE. Again, just think about it. We lost so many game modes. 343 could be putting in all the game modes, but the free updates come every month or end of the month. This is the only halo game to have to make me wait a whole month, just for a new game mode or few. Most of there time is probably making more armor and weapons. Would it really take that long for just one game mode or two?

Look at Halo Reach. Look at all the variety in game modes. Halo reach has more maps and game modes, and they had them all at launch (except for map packs). When you come back to halo 5, it's opposite.

"But PLASMASPARTAN, 343 probably needed to work really hard to put all of the things into the game."

Well, yeah, I know that 343 needed to work hard on making this game, with the graphics and all. But, just go back to halo reach again. Your telling me, that 343 had to work SO HARD that simple things like forge, more game modes, and a decent amount of playlists couldn't make it at launch, or at least a few weeks after launch? How hard did people at Bungie had to work on halo reach? Pretty hard. They had to change graphics, sound, and things like that, and still, it had everything you could ask for in a halo game.

Now you probably understand about how disappointed I am. All I really want to do in this game is play infection on multiplayer. Didn't infection get liked more than Griffball anyway? I don't know, I just hope that this isn't how it goes with halo 6.
Halo 6 Will most likely not be launched in the same state as halo 5 if it gets a November release, also now that the engine is finished they will have the whole 3 years to make halo 6. Now I would love to have infection but to me it's not vital, I'm more interested in seeing war zone flushed out a bit more ( could you imagine a 24 player variant of infection?).
smasher555 wrote:
Halo 6 Will most likely not be launched in the same state as halo 5 if it gets a November release, also now that the engine is finished they will have the whole 3 years to make halo 6. Now I would love to have infection but to me it's not vital, I'm more interested in seeing war zone flushed out a bit more ( could you imagine a 24 player variant of infection?).
Thank you for understanding. :)
I'm going to have a hard time even considering buying H6 at launch after how poorly H5 has gone.
I'm going to have a hard time even considering buying H6 at launch after how poorly H5 has gone.
Yeah. Just learn about the game before you buy it.
I imagine 343 is going to be very open about what's in Halo 6 prior to launch to avoid the same kind of fan outrage.
I imagine 343 is going to be very open about what's in Halo 6 prior to launch to avoid the same kind of fan outrage.
I really hope so.
Why would you assume that? They have never communicated well, and never will. After what I've seen of Halo 5 I really do think that 343i has no other goal but to pump out every last dollar the series can offer. They have no interest in making a good game. They have no interest in bettering their consumer. They have burned us 3 times in a row with Halo 4, the MCC, and Halo 5 and will continue to do so as long as they are in charge of the series. They either have no clue what they are doing or don't give two -Yoink- and that has resulted in one of gamings biggest franchises being reduced to all but irrelevence. I think I'll pass on Halo 6.
Why would you assume that? They have never communicated well, and never will. After what I've seen of Halo 5 I really do think that 343i has no other goal but to pump out every last dollar the series can offer. They have no interest in making a good game. They have no interest in bettering their consumer. They have burned us 3 times in a row with Halo 4, the MCC, and Halo 5 and will continue to do so as long as they are in charge of the series. They either have no clue what they are doing or don't give two -Yoink- and that has resulted in one of gamings biggest franchises being reduced to all but irrelevence. I think I'll pass on Halo 6.
You thought halo 4 was bad? I can understand. But, you can't just give up on the new games saying they will suck. 343 just has to learn how to appeal to all halo fans. I just wanted to play infection, so they should have infection at launch.
Also, I feel that this game in particular, is the one with the least variety. At least halo 4 still had playlists and some classic game modes. And MCC, while having a bad reputation, was just 4 halo games. This one seems completely different from the rest.
Also, I feel that this game in particular, is the one with the least variety. At least halo 4 still had playlists and some classic game modes. And MCC, while having a bad reputation, was just 4 halo games. This one seems completely different from the rest.
I never played h4 in mcc
synaps555 wrote:
I never played h4 in mcc
Well, it's in the game. You can play it now.
It's because 343 industries are simply lazy liars. They are the worst thing that's happened to this series and frankly Microsoft should give Halo to another company, because 343 has consistently proven that they lack the know how and the care to make a decent game. This is an exaggeration, I know, but what 343 have done to the consumer is borderline fraud.
Exstrike wrote:
It's because 343 industries are simply lazy liars. They are the worst thing that's happened to this series and frankly Microsoft should give Halo to another company, because 343 has consistently proven that they lack the know how and the care to make a decent game. This is an exaggeration, I know, but what 343 have done to the consumer is borderline fraud.
Yes, I somewhat agree with you. I don't think 343 is terrible, just not as good as bungie. I don't know how the games would be if another company owned the rights to it though. We just have to wait and see.
You thought halo 4 was bad? I can understand. But, you can't just give up on the new games saying they will suck. 343 just has to learn how to appeal to all halo fans. I just wanted to play infection, so they should have infection at launch.
While Halo 4 wasn't a failure in the same ways as MCC and Halo 5 it was clearly not what the Halo fanbase wanted, showing 343i's lack of knowledge in what the people wanted. I consider that a failure.
smasher555 wrote:
This engine will never be finished as long as we don't have split screen.

It struggles to barely play the game we got now without making massive cuts just to see it happen.
... 343i was open this time around about everything that would be included at launch, people just didn't bother to do the research.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
I don't know if it was the intention, but Halo 5 has been a big lesson for 343. Let's hope they learned from it and can blow us away with Halo 6!

Unfortunately, those who didn't like Halo 5's campaign/story are likely to not like H6's just because its a continuation of the story, but hopefully they'll be able to grab more people with that too!
... 343i was open this time around about everything that would be included at launch, people just didn't bother to do the research.
I agree with Pie. 343 was very open about how H5 was going to be at launch and post launch. Just because some didn't get the information doesn't mean it wasn't there. Some are just so lazy they seem to expect a personal message to them or even for 343 to send some one to their house and explain every thing to them. Just like another thread where some one claimed 343 gave no information about how to get the req pack for the hwc.... when it was posted on waypoint, halo Facebook and it's on the message of the day when you play H5.... what more do they need to do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2