Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Wasp, the weaker hornet

OP NOPLAY3R FOUND

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Lo más probable es que las variantes lío en la próxima
HK Thaniel wrote:
Hannible wasp. Shoots 2 charged up Hannible tank shots. After burners for super fast getaways. Wasp about to blow up? Hold Y and a mongoose pops out the bottom with you in it for a safe getaway vehicle.
Nah, I want the hannible forklift
I think the armor is strong as a Hornet though but with shields.
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
True. Speaking of reskins, I think it would be awesome if they included the Hornet as a more powerful variant of the Wasp, instead of just a different paint job like the Warthog or Mongoose. It would also be cool to have a Hannibal variant like what Azkul Lok described.
erickyboo wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Well, I have a theory that 343 heard the crying for a Falcon in MOR, and after that, just ANY UNSC flying vehicle, l so this is a smart-alec way of giving it to us.

"Oh, you want a Falcon? A Hornet? Something from Halo Wars? Well, here's a human Phaeton! It's what you always wanted!"
The wasp would more than likely been in development before the falcon outcry...
Yup since halo 4.
conceptually anyway
From the limited gameplay I've seen of the wasp, it doesn't appear to be a very good vehicle since it will shoot 2 slow, unguided rockets w/ a chaingun that overheats in about 5 or 6 seconds.
Im all happy it's coming.. Yet i have a hard time understanding all these ''It works like the phaeton'' comments?

The Phaeton itself has a VTOL functionality.. Up, down, left, right, forward, backward without the need of propulsion systems like the banshee. The HORNET worked like this pretty much and same did the falcon. Yes the wasp is more or less a reskinned Hornet in reality but it IS an advanced model within the AV category of VTOLs in the franchise, so does it matters if it works the same? It's about what ROLE it fulfills really.

The Banshee is an offensive aerial attack with high speed and maneuverability, where as the Phaeton seems more like a defensive vehicle with the role of.. well defending and scaring kids away, since it has the exposed power core in the bottom.

The WASP however seems to be based more around actual air support, hit'n'run if you will. Move in, destroy and then get away to let the shields recharge.

The shields do make up for the weakness in armor as well.

Also on Azkul's ''Hannibal wasp'' idea- Dude, awesome concept for some reason hahaha (y) Love it
HK Thaniel wrote:
Hannible wasp. Shoots 2 charged up Hannible tank shots. After burners for super fast getaways. Wasp about to blow up? Hold Y and a mongoose pops out the bottom with you in it for a safe getaway vehicle.
Nah, I want the hannible forklift
me too
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Okay so if the Phaeton is just a re skin of the Hornet then where are my two seats for passengers? Yeah, just what I thought, your point is debunked try again.
erickyboo wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Well, I have a theory that 343 heard the crying for a Falcon in MOR, and after that, just ANY UNSC flying vehicle, l so this is a smart-alec way of giving it to us.

"Oh, you want a Falcon? A Hornet? Something from Halo Wars? Well, here's a human Phaeton! It's what you always wanted!"
The wasp would more than likely been in development before the falcon outcry...
Yup since halo 4.
Source.
KenniTDG wrote:
Im all happy it's coming.. Yet i have a hard time understanding all these ''It works like the phaeton'' comments?

The Phaeton itself has a VTOL functionality.. Up, down, left, right, forward, backward without the need of propulsion systems like the banshee. The HORNET worked like this pretty much and same did the falcon. Yes the wasp is more or less a reskinned Hornet in reality but it IS an advanced model within the AV category of VTOLs in the franchise, so does it matters if it works the same? It's about what ROLE it fulfills really.

The Banshee is an offensive aerial attack with high speed and maneuverability, where as the Phaeton seems more like a defensive vehicle with the role of.. well defending and scaring kids away, since it has the exposed power core in the bottom.

The WASP however seems to be based more around actual air support, hit'n'run if you will. Move in, destroy and then get away to let the shields recharge.

The shields do make up for the weakness in armor as well.

Also on Azkul's ''Hannibal wasp'' idea- Dude, awesome concept for some reason hahaha (y) Love it
thx that someone goe in this argument with logic, and from a lore perspective, within this, falcons will most likly not be seen much in the franchise, because they are for short ranged interplanettary transport. The wasp looks small and more transportable for a drop and quick attack.
KenniTDG wrote:
Im all happy it's coming.. Yet i have a hard time understanding all these ''It works like the phaeton'' comments?

The Phaeton itself has a VTOL functionality.. Up, down, left, right, forward, backward without the need of propulsion systems like the banshee. The HORNET worked like this pretty much and same did the falcon. Yes the wasp is more or less a reskinned Hornet in reality but it IS an advanced model within the AV category of VTOLs in the franchise, so does it matters if it works the same? It's about what ROLE it fulfills really.

The Banshee is an offensive aerial attack with high speed and maneuverability, where as the Phaeton seems more like a defensive vehicle with the role of.. well defending and scaring kids away, since it has the exposed power core in the bottom.

The WASP however seems to be based more around actual air support, hit'n'run if you will. Move in, destroy and then get away to let the shields recharge.

The shields do make up for the weakness in armor as well.

Also on Azkul's ''Hannibal wasp'' idea- Dude, awesome concept for some reason hahaha (y) Love it
thx that someone goe in this argument with logic, and from a lore perspective, within this, falcons will most likly not be seen much in the franchise, because they are for short ranged interplanettary transport. The wasp looks small and more transportable for a drop and quick attack.
Yeah and imagine using it with a whole firebreak with wasps.
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Well, I have a theory that 343 heard the crying for a Falcon in MOR, and after that, just ANY UNSC flying vehicle, l so this is a smart-alec way of giving it to us.

"Oh, you want a Falcon? A Hornet? Something from Halo Wars? Well, here's a human Phaeton! It's what you always wanted!"
Wasp has been planned for awhile. it was cut from halo 4. How could you possibly know its a reskinned phaeton anyway? last time i checked this update hasnt dropped yet, and therefor, you havent used it yet.
Oh Ghostly wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Okay so if the Phaeton is just a re skin of the Hornet then where are my two seats for passengers? Yeah, just what I thought, your point is debunked try again.
They got rid of those because it gave the other team 3 kills way too easy. you put a falcon or hornet in warzone and i spawn rockets or lazer, its going down, and im getting 3 kills. it was a dumb idea in 3 and reach and its still a dumb idea. you need something that flys faster like a banshee or Phaeton instead of a brick.
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Well, I have a theory that 343 heard the crying for a Falcon in MOR, and after that, just ANY UNSC flying vehicle, l so this is a smart-alec way of giving it to us.

"Oh, you want a Falcon? A Hornet? Something from Halo Wars? Well, here's a human Phaeton! It's what you always wanted!"
"Oh you want a Falcon? A hornet? Something from Halo wars? well all of those are already usable in multiple games on xbox one. Here have a brand new vehicle with brand new lore. Although it moves like a phaeton it has less armour, more shields which completely changes the playbook. it can also simultaneously use both armaments. Although it cant warp its slightly faster more agile and strafes better. Y r we doing this? because we like creating fresh new experiences like halo 5s forge, halo 5s warzone, halo 5s arena, halo 5s custom games, halo 5s weapon balancing and halo 5s free dlc (in todays world that's a fresh experience)"
why not the falcon you say. Because lots of bosses like caption wow mike and angry 9 year olds with spnkers will be looking for overkills.
why not the hornet you say. Cos youre -Yoinking!- complaining about phaeton reskins and passengers .... well warthogs are dying out ask them why
why not stuff from halo wars. VULTURE OP. HORNET ALREADY DISCUSSED. NIGHTINGALE CAN'T HEAL UR BUTTHURT *********** . SPARROWHAWK I cant remember what it did
also the wasp looks cool
HK Thaniel wrote:
Hannible wasp. Shoots 2 charged up Hannible tank shots. After burners for super fast getaways. Wasp about to blow up? Hold Y and a mongoose pops out the bottom with you in it for a safe getaway vehicle.
wowo
I'm excited too. But I'm shocked it's only a rare REQ. I figured it would be much more powerful than how it sounds. Almost like 343 didn't put much effort into it.......
erickyboo wrote:
erickyboo wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Isn't it just a re-skin of the Phaeton. Its movements are almost identical.
One could argue the phaeton is a reskin of the hornet then because their movements are almost identical.
How far can the vtol even chnage the way they work if all are supposed to hover in the air?
You have a great point
Well, I have a theory that 343 heard the crying for a Falcon in MOR, and after that, just ANY UNSC flying vehicle, l so this is a smart-alec way of giving it to us.

"Oh, you want a Falcon? A Hornet? Something from Halo Wars? Well, here's a human Phaeton! It's what you always wanted!"
The wasp would more than likely been in development before the falcon outcry...
Yup since halo 4.
Source.
https://youtu.be/KXzYKQZDrpM?t=2m33s
Seriously. A Unsc aerial vehicle was overdue
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3