OP Magnyss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
The wasp is perfect. I survived round 3-4 in a Wasp about to blow up any second. You just need to know how to pilot it perfectly. Though the missiles should maybe have a bigger radius but that's all.
I love the wasp. It is really good for early in the match and if you have captured all basses and need to get rid of stragglers who slip past everyone. The only problem is you can't win an aerial fight with it unless you have a banshee teammate. Other than that I would use it a lot more if I had more than 10 of them.
It's really more of an anti infantry vehicle though, not an aerial attack vehicle like the banshee is. I mean it could be if like you said, you had a teammate in a banshee but it isn't really a dogfighting vehicle on it's own imo
its good as is. dont forget its only a level 3 req
Magnyss wrote:
We've had a lot of topics on the Wasp, the Wishlists, the Variants, the 'How do I get more of these REQs?' threads.
When I think of the Wasp, I really just wish that I could improve it's survivability, beyond using the Wheelman Armor Mod.
This thing could really use an 'evade.' Banshees have 'em. Phaetons have 'em. Why not the Wasp? It would seem that its hoverjets could support an angled 'dash' like the Phaeton, or a small barrel roll or corkscrew.

Any thoughts on why this might have been left out of its design. Would an evade somehow make this little stinger OP?
I feel like 343 has this habit of trying to distance themselves too much from bungie,Bungie introduced the falcon and hornet and instead of 343 just adding one of those to halo 5,they make an entirely new aircraft that is so easy to destroy
The Wasp is a great vehicle if used properly, as I have been on both ends of its weapons. However, I would love the following variants in the future:

• ONI Wasp
  • Hannibal Wasp
  • Queen Wasp (essentially the ultimate Wasp)
Magnyss wrote:
We've had a lot of topics on the Wasp, the Wishlists, the Variants, the 'How do I get more of these REQs?' threads.
When I think of the Wasp, I really just wish that I could improve it's survivability, beyond using the Wheelman Armor Mod.
This thing could really use an 'evade.' Banshees have 'em. Phaetons have 'em. Why not the Wasp? It would seem that its hoverjets could support an angled 'dash' like the Phaeton, or a small barrel roll or corkscrew.

Any thoughts on why this might have been left out of its design. Would an evade somehow make this little stinger OP?
I think you have the right idea but that would have to probably be d pad evade but you would have to change the wasp entirely all the wasps would have to have an evade.
Magnyss wrote:

I feel like 343 has this habit of trying to distance themselves too much from bungie,Bungie introduced the falcon and hornet and instead of 343 just adding one of those to halo 5,they make an entirely new aircraft that is so easy to destroy
At the very least, the Wasp should put its engines into a brief overdrive to evade enemy fire.
Magnyss wrote:

This could be one reason that the pleas for Hornets and Falcons keep falling on deaf ears...
HaXoR73 wrote:
The Wasp is a great vehicle if used properly, as I have been on both ends of its weapons. However, I would love the following variants in the future:

• ONI Wasp
  • Hannibal Wasp
  • Queen Wasp (essentially the ultimate Wasp)
Like like...
I came up with an idea on one of those 'Variant' threads for a Hunter Killer Wasp (level 6); yellow/black paint, HEDP ammo (slower ROF), and rockets fire a High-Five burst (slightly slower reload).
If they have variants maybe they can make an ONI versin so it can evade then.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Magnyss wrote:

At the very least, the Wasp should put its engines into a brief overdrive to evade enemy fire.
Okay, this I like... sort of like a Wraith boost, perhaps? It could be mapped to Y or B, since each weapon is fired with L/R triggers. I didn't know until I tried it, but you can still bail out of them using X. It...didn't go well.
Magnyss wrote:
Magnyss wrote:

This could be one reason that the pleas for Hornets and Falcons keep falling on deaf ears...
Well imo they just don't care and there gonna do what there gonna do
The wasp is great for taking down infantry, Spartans, and small vehicles, but I do think it should have a little more health, but not too much more considering it is a REQ lvl3. Also I don't think it needs evade
Once an enemy hits the Level 4 REQ, you're screwed if he plays well. With shields dropped, a single Railgun charge will destroy the wasp. Even with shields, an Arclight will one shot it. I did custom game testing because I was bored.
Walrificus wrote:
Once an enemy hits the Level 4 REQ, you're screwed if he plays well. With shields dropped, a single Railgun charge will destroy the wasp. Even with shields, an Arclight will one shot it. I did custom game testing because I was bored.
Wow. Thx for letting me know. This just proves my fount the wasp needs more health
UTR Noir wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
Wow. Thx for letting me know. This just proves my fount the wasp needs more health
Yeah, no problem.
Magnyss wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Magnyss wrote:

Okay, this I like... sort of like a Wraith boost, perhaps? It could be mapped to Y or B, since each weapon is fired with L/R triggers. I didn't know until I tried it, but you can still bail out of them using X. It...didn't go well.
Lol, nice job, but honestly, when testing stuff, you will always hit the X button at some point XD
Magnyss wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Magnyss wrote:

Lol, nice job, but honestly, when testing stuff, you will always hit the X button at some point XD
Boy did I.
I think they did it to make it easy to take out and keep them from being spammed
I think it's fine for a level 3 req. You can survive, if you have good team backup.
I agree we really don't need a better wasp its meant to be like a gungoose for a low level req till you get the better land vehicle.Or in this case air vehicle. I'm saying the wasp is meant to be pretty bad.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8