4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9
Just remember its only req level 3
I heard that in the last update they added more armour
eh, i went on a rampage once w/ one but it was against a really incompetent team. if you pull out a blood of suban or railgun, the wasp is toast, and those are only 1 level req above the wasp. additionally for comparison, the oni hog is only level 3 yet has way more damage output and durability than the wasp. while i don't think the wasp should have the power of the oni wasp, i do think it should have more than it currently does.
They're a level 3 REQ and behave like it. Its mainly going against BRs and ghosts at the time, so it makes sense that its fairly weak and frail. Now if they made tougher variants with better gun/defenses at higher REQ levels, then it would feel much more in place.

There needs to be a level 6 version capable of taking on banshees and able to out-strafe poor tank shots.
i do well with them on wzff
it's actually amazing if you stay at a distance and pick enemies off one by one
the wasps guns blow and i feel like i always get focused when in it maby i fly in too obvious a spot but the guns still suck unless you catch someone in the open or alone it cant do jack s**t the wasp would be fine as is i think if it was uncommon maby common but uncommon seems like a better idea. also next update instead of upgraded wasps we should get hornets and maby falcons but definitely hornets.
i do well with them on wzff
thats about the only place they are good
just remember its rare
SoG Wolves wrote:
Well considering its only a level 3 req its not gonna be as strong as the banshee or phaeton but it still can be devastating if used right.
but it is rare like a banshee and its guns blow the rockets do less damage than a normal rocket launcher
just remember its rare
SoG Wolves wrote:
Well considering its only a level 3 req its not gonna be as strong as the banshee or phaeton but it still can be devastating if used right.
but it is rare like a banshee and its guns blow the rockets do less damage than a normal rocket launcher
What does its rarity have to do with this? It should be compared to REQs of a similar energy level, not rarity. The Banshee and Wasp are on two different levels, meaning they generally have to deal with different opposition. Besides, comparing by rarity means the Tundra Mantis should be as effective as the Hannibal Scorpion.
just remember its rare
SoG Wolves wrote:
What does its rarity have to do with this? It should be compared to REQs of a similar energy level, not rarity. Comparing by rarity means the Tundra Mantis should be as effective as the Hannibal Scorpion.
i said that mainly because reqs of a higher rarity should be better. i understand what you mean by "Comparing by rarity means the Tundra Mantis should be as effective as the Hannibal Scorpion." but i feel it is very under powered and thus should be a lower rarity so you get more chances with it. at least for me i have most the reqs in the game and because it is rare only get 1 per like ten req packs and because i feel itis under powered it should either stay the same and have its req level lowerd or it should be buffed in some way.
Go back to July.

In all seriousness though the Wasp can be very OP in the right hands. You just need to know how to use it well and effectively.
I've learned the hard way when I went up against iSpiteful, SPLICED, and TheArbiter117 at the same time in a BTB match on Dispelled. iSpiteful may have taken my head off with the Sniper 6 times, but SPLICED and TheArbiter117 were the real dangerous ones in that match...

TheArbiter117 got 39 kills in one Wasp.
SPLICED got 40 kills in another Wasp.

The Wasp may not be as strong as we'd like, but DON'T underestimate these things - they're great for hit-and-runs, and pursuing other players around the map.
Wasps are really good when you use them early game. The strategy behind them is to rush to REQ 3 and spawn one in whilst everyone struggles along with BRs and Pistols. As soon as the enemy team gets to REQ 4 and spawns something like a Railgun, you should have reached at least REQ 5. They're weak in late game because of their laughable health, but they still have a decent damage output.

Luckily, both Hannibal and ONI Wasps have been revealed, so the late game viability of Wasps will increase when they come out.
Wasps can die easily if you don't manage your shields well.
What do you expect, they're only level 3 REQS. Also, get gud.
I get annoyed with the wasp on both sides. When I use it I seem to die instantly. When the other team uses it, my team forgets how to use a controller.
Profesnol wrote:
It's an air support vehicle, it's best used when paired with a tank or something on the ground to distract the enemy so that you can just give supporting fire.
The issue is that they're really easy to shoot down if someone has cover from the tank though
yea, I mostly use wasps in FireFight because you can stay so far back from the bosses that they wont shoot at you because you{re too far away.
Walker184 wrote:
It depends on the game. Matches on Deadlock have always been great for Wasps. They add that nice touch of basically being the Hornet from Halo 3, not to powerful but not to weak.
Are we thinking of the same AV-14 here? The one that was capable of shutting down all infantry travel on one side of the map and whose micro-missiles gutted everything that was not a Scorpion? The one that had the permanent high ground, and in the hands of even a semi-competent pilot, nearly completely shut down its Covenant counterpart outside of specific circumstances of engagement? The one that was only added into multiplayer matchmaking after its missile pods were stripped off and the gatling guns were toned down a bit?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9