Waypoint now has leader boards for H5

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Check out the new leader boards. Kinda cool.... Doesn't cover enough as you need a CSR over 1800 to be on it. Basically the top 250 players. Sadly no love for FFA as only two players are even listed.
Well this is good news. Though I don't stand a chance of getting on the leader board so it won't be something particularly useful to me. Though from a statistician point of view it will be good to analyse the data.
Better late than never I guess. 1800 or higher CSR.. :(
Hopefully it will be expanded later. How many of the top 250 players are even on waypoint?
LethalQ wrote:
Hopefully it will be expanded later. How many of the top 250 players are even on waypoint?
Probably only a handful.

Edit - went through the list, didn't see anyone I recognise off waypoint.
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?
Because not much point in having them if barely any of them use waypoint. How is leaderbaords even useful if the majority here aren't even on them?
About damn time - shouldn't have taken this long for this to be added. People have had to rely on third-party stat tracking sites to see how close they were to moving up in the CSR ladders since day 1.

Good on them for making it an exclusive leaderboard too. If it's like this for the next major Halo title, it will give people even more incentive to rank up.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?
Because not much point in having them if barely any of them use waypoint. How is leaderbaords even useful if the majority here aren't even on them?
So because these people may not post, leaderboard is pointless?

Just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't come to check stuff.

It's a leaderboard. It shows the leaders. It isn't the, "Leaderboard for Waypoint Posters" because that wouldn't be useful.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

It's a leaderboard. It shows the leaders. It isn't the, "Leaderboard for Waypoint Posters" because that wouldn't be useful.
I am not talking just for waypoint users. It should be expanded to cover a better range for all players. It's only useful if you are pretty much a champion level player. Why draw the line for the leader board at such a high level?
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

I am not talking just for waypoint users. It should be expanded to cover a better range for all players. It's only useful if you are pretty much a champion level player. Why draw the line for the leader board at such a high level?
They should really call it the Champion Rankings
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

Because it's basically a high-score leaderboard. The idea is you want to be the top player who can actually display on this leaderboard.

Featuring top players is a great incentive to keep grinding. If this was here from the get-go and in-game, I'd be giving it a go. Having it viewable on Waypoint is at least a start.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

Same reason why arcade cabinets only show the top ten scores.

It's the best players. Not everyone.
Ka Five wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

Maybe the ones from the eighties. Many now will keep a large range.
LethalQ wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

Oh. Sorry. My bad.

Top 20*
Ka Five wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

Oh. Sorry. My bad.

Top 20*
I want to see the waypoint leader boards be as expansive as the ones on Halo tracker.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?
Its probably just like a beta test for leaderboards, if it gets expanded in the future then they probably worked out any kinks that may have arisen. If it doesn't get expanded then its probably to continue being worked on for the next halo game
I hope they've learned to have it in at launch, but better late than never.
LethalQ wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Why does that matter?

I agree it should be more inclusive. The more inclusive it is the more traffic it will drive to waypoint.
I'm glad they finally have leaderboards on here, though I wish it was in the game and in off the bat, but this is a start. I also agree with Ka Five and snickerdoodle here more/ I'm not opposed to expanding leader boards, but it's the top 200, champion rank is what people aim for. Also isn't the leaderboards for anyone who plays halo 5, not people who are on waypoint? or am I just confused here or something....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11