Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Waypoint now has leader boards for H5

OP LethalQ

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
I'm glad they finally have leaderboards on here, though I wish it was in the game and in off the bat, but this is a start. I also agree with Ka Five and snickerdoodle here more/ I'm not opposed to expanding leader boards, but it's the top 200, champion rank is what people aim for. Also isn't the leaderboards for anyone who plays halo 5, not people who are on waypoint? or am I just confused here or something....
I don't get why some think I mean only waypoint users... Where did I say that? I just pointed out they are pretty useless if only champion level players are on it and I rarely see any one who is champion level posting. It would be more useful to include more players. The majority of players will find Halo Tracker as a better leader board as they can see where they actually stack up.
If they want these boards to be useful they need to widen the range. Let's say an average Halo player hears of these leader boards so they come to waypoint to check them out. Then they see that only champions with 1800 plus CSR are ranked... Pretty sure they will be like well back to another website I go since I am not a champion level player.
Hmmm, pretty neat.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Hopefully it will be expanded later. How many of the top 250 players are even on waypoint?
Why does that matter?
Because not much point in having them if barely any of them use waypoint. How is leaderbaords even useful if the majority here aren't even on them?
well then when you play halo you can be like OMG o saw that guy on the leaderboard
This is pretty cool.
I hope this leader board expands. I would like to see where the Onyx players are ranked compared to the Champion ranked (I know, probably only champion ranked are top 1,000).
Love it. Love everything about it. I can paint a target now
Nice!
Wow interesting
Ok Im going to blurt out the obvious.

A. FFA needs a MASSIVE OVERHAUL. Huge members of the community have been posting feedback for the change. And yet it sits there dying. Just bring in HCS settings already. Crouching with ARs against 5 other people is boring.

B. Team Arena needs to be removed. Its not the what is being played at events anymore. Like FFA, it doesnt even have 50 champs It also adds extra stress to the servers. If you enjoy autos/old radar in competitive, Slayer will still be up and running. So its useless to keep the playlist up.

Im open for conversation if anyone disagrees.
Rustyky wrote:
Ok Im going to blurt out the obvious.

A. FFA needs a MASSIVE OVERHAUL. Huge members of the community have been posting feedback for the change. And yet it sits there dying. Just bring in HCS settings already. Crouching with ARs against 5 other people is boring.

B. Team Arena needs to be removed. Its not the what is being played at events anymore. Like FFA, it doesnt even have 50 champs It also adds extra stress to the servers. If you enjoy autos/old radar in competitive, Slayer will still be up and running. So its useless to keep the playlist up.

Im open for conversation if anyone disagrees.
I am against FFA being made into HCS settings. If they want to start a HCS FFA playlist that is fine. FFA is fine how it is they just need to tweek the ranking. Also there is only two champions listed on this "leader board" because you need a CSR of 1800 and above... The changes recently made to FFA ranking made it even harder to rank up.
The leaderboard is nice but I noticed the smurf or bogus accounts are not filtered out which is only encouraging an already epidemic of a problem of bogus accounts that get matched up with true beginners and those beginners give up on the Halo franchise because they are constantly getting matched against these cheaters that dominate them when they are visually, by SR and experience by games played, at similar levels on a FPS that has a difficult learning curve. I have introduced a few friends, co-workers, etc., to Halo 5 and MCC but they would get fed up with the constant unfair matches and go back to CoD, Battlefield, etc. No beginner, as reflected by the SR and lack of games played wins over 100 games and only loses less than 10 and obtains a champ in HCS over 3000. These stats have obviously not been earned honestly and these bogus accounts should be punished like the cheaters they are and not rewarded. Many of the players I have spoken with feel the same way and have also noticed a great multiplayer FPS has no opportunity for growth due to the extreme "new account abusers" spreading like a terrible virus.

Sorry for possibly going off the exact topic, but seeing these cheaters getting officially recognized by 343 Industries makes me disappointed in supporting a game I have been playing for over 15 years and feel that at the current rate will have too small of a player base to sustain a satisfying and most of all fun playing environment.
LethalQ wrote:
Rustyky wrote:
Ok Im going to blurt out the obvious.

A. FFA needs a MASSIVE OVERHAUL. Huge members of the community have been posting feedback for the change. And yet it sits there dying. Just bring in HCS settings already. Crouching with ARs against 5 other people is boring.

B. Team Arena needs to be removed. Its not the what is being played at events anymore. Like FFA, it doesnt even have 50 champs It also adds extra stress to the servers. If you enjoy autos/old radar in competitive, Slayer will still be up and running. So its useless to keep the playlist up.

Im open for conversation if anyone disagrees.
I am against FFA being made into HCS settings. If they want to start a HCS FFA playlist that is fine. FFA is fine how it is they just need to tweek the ranking. Also there is only two champions listed on this "leader board" because you need a CSR of 1800 and above... The changes recently made to FFA ranking made it even harder to rank up.
Not sure if splitting up FFA will work because of its current population. But if it were to happen, itd be a better safe haven for people who dont want to solo que HCS/Slayer/Dubs, etc.

Also FFA used to get even higher csr than team arena. Up to the 4000's. So many people used to grind it, but it started to get old. After the current meta settled in (AR crouching), many who didnt like that playstyle left. And yeah the CSR updates to those playlists did deflate the rankings. Doesnt change the fact that Onyxs still match golds in FFA.

Playlist needs an overhaul for a week, to see if it improves or not.
I think there's only 2 people from the FFA playlist because of the new CSR system, meaning there are only 2 Champions...
I agree that its better late than never seeing how late this came out in H5 but imo seems promising that all these late additions 343 is doing for H5 should be automatic day 1 release for H6 whenever that comes out.
They should expand the leaderboards a bit too tho.
LethalQ wrote:
Check out the new leader boards. Kinda cool.... Doesn't cover enough as you need a CSR over 1800 to be on it. Basically the top 250 players. Sadly no love for FFA as only two players are even listed.
That is kinda cool. I'm never going to be up there. Any waypoint commoners or just... ya know.. lo nifers?
LethalQ wrote:
Check out the new leader boards. Kinda cool.... Doesn't cover enough as you need a CSR over 1800 to be on it. Basically the top 250 players. Sadly no love for FFA as only two players are even listed.
That is kinda cool. I'm never going to be up there. Any waypoint commoners or just... ya know.. lo nifers?
I wouldn't say they are "no lifers" just because they are champion level players. They might just be good at H5.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
That is kinda cool. I'm never going to be up there. Any waypoint commoners or just... ya know.. lo nifers?
I wouldn't say they are "no lifers" just because they are champion level players. They might just be good at H5.
Perhaps, but generally no lifers are good
Rustyky wrote:
Ok Im going to blurt out the obvious.

A. FFA needs a MASSIVE OVERHAUL. Huge members of the community have been posting feedback for the change. And yet it sits there dying. Just bring in HCS settings already. Crouching with ARs against 5 other people is boring.

B. Team Arena needs to be removed. Its not the what is being played at events anymore. Like FFA, it doesnt even have 50 champs It also adds extra stress to the servers. If you enjoy autos/old radar in competitive, Slayer will still be up and running. So its useless to keep the playlist up.

Im open for conversation if anyone disagrees.
Agreed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11