Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

We beg for more playlists, get neon Warthogs...

OP poppin curbs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 18
Hey hey hey, let's not forget what Quinn DelHoyo (the lead multiplayer designer for Halo 5) said in the Launch Playlist Details article he wrote:
"We want to be absolutely clear that the playlist selection in Halo 5: Guardians is going to be a living entity that is fueled and molded by the community."

Maybe he should have played the game before writing that -Yoink- ing article.....
This is hilarious. I have friends who haven't played in several months and if they came back today, all that has changed is Infection (which they wouldn't play), and a couple re-made maps that aren't special at all.

I've complained to Quinn about various issues HUNDREDS of times and the one time he responded it was a troll reply. If you read his @ mentions it is nothing but complaints about solo ques/remade maps/need for Doubles/Social/Snipers, uneven MM, etc. and he doesn't do anything about it. The sad part is I really think he believes he's doing a great job...which is hilarious.

Oh but hey, they read feedback and moved some weapons around!
4 months after halo 5's launch we get a content update introducing a new game mode called Assault... oh wait that's not a "new" game mode I'm sorry lol. Now 7 months later that game mode isn't available in match making! This game lacks a real objective playlist and it over half a year old. Maybe in another 6 months we'll have more playlists and game-modes like the other Halo's did at launch. Or am I being too optimistic?
Bring back team snipers.
The Rally Hog is really fast and bright! Fun to drive they should have added a racing mode this update ....
Quinn is not a fan of all that social stuff. A guy posted this on reddit a few days ago: https://imgur.com/a/vlLEO
And you guys defending 343 wonder why a lot of peolple give them -Yoink- lol
Quinn is not a fan of all that social stuff. A guy posted this on reddit a few days ago: https://imgur.com/a/vlLEO
That explains a lot
People are already bashing its called Hog Wild. This shouldn't be that surprising.
In fairness, they did say that the bigger parts of this update were moved to the Firefight update.

But we could do with some extra playlists. I personally would go a selection something like:

Arena
HCS (replaces Team Arena)
Slayer
Free-for-all
Breakout
SWAT
Doubles (possibly)

Social
Team Battle ( 4v4 grab bag playlist with slayer, objective and the various extra ball modes)
Big Team Battle
Infection
Grifball
*Infection and Grifball could be rotated out for Race/Action Sack

Warzone
Warzone
Warzone Assault
Warzone Firefight

Twelve or thirteen playlists shouldn't be too much, I would guess. Halo 5 still hangs around the outside of most played as far as I'm aware
Unfortunately the population is to low to support that many playlist
JackGilb wrote:
We need more "for fun" game types. Social slayer would be a welcome addition so I can play an arena game mode without getting sweaty.
This, I hate the feeling of having to try my hardest when playing on pretty much any Arena playlist. Yes there's a few that aren't but not enough.
Rageouss wrote:
In fairness, they did say that the bigger parts of this update were moved to the Firefight update.

But we could do with some extra playlists. I personally would go a selection something like:

Arena
HCS (replaces Team Arena)
Slayer
Free-for-all
Breakout
SWAT
Doubles (possibly)

Social
Team Battle ( 4v4 grab bag playlist with slayer, objective and the various extra ball modes)
Big Team Battle
Infection
Grifball
*Infection and Grifball could be rotated out for Race/Action Sack

Warzone
Warzone
Warzone Assault
Warzone Firefight

Twelve or thirteen playlists shouldn't be too much, I would guess. Halo 5 still hangs around the outside of most played as far as I'm aware
Unfortunately the population is to low to support that many playlist
If the game had play lists like this in the start then the population probably wouldn't be as low by now XD most people I know who sold the game did so because it was just repetitive
4 months after halo 5's launch we get a content update introducing a new game mode called Assault... oh wait that's not a "new" game mode I'm sorry lol. Now 7 months later that game mode isn't available in match making! This game lacks a real objective playlist and it over half a year old. Maybe in another 6 months we'll have more playlists and game-modes like the other Halo's did at launch. Or am I being too optimistic?
If I'm not mistaken Assault is in the Team Arena playlist is it not? But I agree, this stuff should have been in at launch and should be available in matchmaking as we speak.
XMike15 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken Assault is in the Team Arena playlist is it not? But I agree, this stuff should have been in at launch and should be available in matchmaking as we speak.
They removed it because the pros didn't like it.
This update really didn't have much that interested. All it did was make me take a break from my gold pack REQ completion. Back to silver packs to get a bunch of crap I could care less about.
XMike15 wrote:
They removed it because the pros didn't like it. Which is BS because 99% of the population are not pros even though 98% think they are.
I agree with y'all but they are the creators so they can add some when ever they want
I am not going to complain with monthly free content in all honesty, because they could have easily charged for it all, and people would have paid in all honesty. But, I do agree that more playlists need to be added to this game.
And if he was the only one playing that would be fine. But he's not, so his opinion is irrelevant. At some point listen to the people PLAYING the game, not your own personal design philosophies. This is when "pride" gets in the way.

Also a working/fair/enticing Ranking System is needed. I'm a solo Diamond facing TO4 Champions, gets old pretty fast. For the first few months Champions couldn't even find a game... I mean come on. You grind all month for a rank that disappears and get yet *another* emblem as a reward lol.

It's not shocking at all to see why tons of people ditched the game very quickly. But what's important is those of us who stuck around (myself included) are STILL getting trolled by 343 and deserve better IMHO.

I only complain about this stuff because I care about Halo. And yes, I understand there are different "teams" working on WZ REQs/Arena, and what I'm saying is the priorities are a joke and the MM team should be doing way more than what we've gotten thus far.
I. WANT. SUPER. FIESTA!!!!!!!!!!!
XMike15 wrote:
They removed it because the pros didn't like it.
Removing Assault from the "HCS" playlist wouldn't be a big deal if they had "Team Objective" like every other Halo game...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 18