We Fought for Achilles!

OP xNxHxLx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
So recently our spartan company, Fight For Achilles, fought for Achilles. We went so wild! It was complete joy, the end of the grind, the end of minimum 4 hours per week, the end of no firefight, and soon, the end of our Halo 5 journey. I want to make this short and sweet by saying, if you do truly believe in the value of this helmet not by rarity, not by design, but by how much work this one armor set really signifies, that if you pull up into a lobby, when opposing players see that Achilles set, its a sight of many things. Respect. Fear. Determination. Excellence. Superiority. Commitment. Hopefully working to unlock armors and not buying them in a random generator will continue, not unbalancing the game, and making it better. Whether its completing every campaign on legendary, being an onyx, or whatever, these achievements give you an amazing feeling of greatness. ALMOST 13 MONTHS. When I delete the 90 GB off my Xbox sooner or later, I won't be disappointed. I was never a stat-chaser, but it proves to show hard work pays off, and I hope we start rolling out more companies later before Halo 6, to help those who need the armor. Anyway I bid you adieu, to those who have worked, continue to work, and most of all, FIGHT FOR ACHILLES!

EDIT: Hey guys I try to respond to every person, though the 25 max per day hit me :( i'm going to try addressing some things here.

1) Achilles is NOT a symbol of FARMING, at least in my opinion, you are all entitled to yours. While it's impossible to bring everyone account for their actions, I can say in GENERAL you do not need to farm for Achilles, just keep working towards it and stay committed, no matter where you are! Ignore the hate! Tryhards... I laugh at that...
2) I did not start the game to work for Achilles (it came later), just for a piece of armor. I know some people who will be switching back to their old armour very soon, this is an achievement. This is my 100% legit first account. Level 150 is halfway XP wise, so I don't think I'll ever reach that far :(
3) Mind my choice of words sometimes, I may or may not be flunking English class so don't take anything personally. This is a celebration, not a punch to the face for others. Our dream someday is that we get all the players in systems to achieve Achilles
4) Speaking of that, the company members who don't have the armor are joining the company Hydra Nations. I've heard from calico that thanks to my thread, and our clan description, 70 people have joined them, including 10 of the Fight for Achilles members. Absolutely amazing!
5) Achilles is not the reason warzone has its flaws, sure it can account, but saying that no Achilles means warzone would be perfect, bogus. BS.
6) NO I am not deleting Halo 5 immediately after Achilles! I might do some things like a company tournament and such (since I'm a lieutenant now!), I just put Achilles as my marker to take a nice break from Halo, and on to other amazing games. So after hours and sacrifice, tournament, maybe WZFF, and chill ;)
7) Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when someone is salty...
8) Don't feel bad, we are a community who cherish things together, and go through hardships as well. I hope this motivates to do something ;) please don't send suicide notes saying "I didn't get Achilles so I'm killing myself".
9) We were not a farming company in general, we don't destroy people's fun in this game, most of the things we say are jokingly anyway ;)
10) Finally I would just like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the congratulations, from Achilles achievers, Achilles grinders, onlookers and everyone else. I never thread thought that this thread would get so big I couldn't reply to everyone! Especially the company with guys (and gals) like calico, *cough* Kev, UrDying, Rogue, Sess, AdDy, Colt, Grape, Joe, Amy, Flaming Dog, Bum, Cobra, RainSlayz, Python, Carnage, Twiz, and everyone else who cannot be named, you know who you are! I hope I see many of you, in the near future,

PS This is 4030 characters, jesus.
Only 4 hours a week minimum? That is kind of low. But congradulations! Expect for your company size to drop down significantly though.
Sacr3d wrote:
Only 4 hours a week minimum? That is kind of low. But congradulations! Expect for your company size to drop down significantly though.
yeah its hit 89 because some people need the armor and went to hydra nations. Hours... i see WNA clans with 2 hour qualifications xD, it was pretty strict....many people are sticking for the tournament within the company i am organizing and to keep in touch :)
Sacr3d wrote:
It is low. Our group was very casual, but most people put in way more than that. Not everyone is as sweaty as Whiskey! In all seriousness, I was tracking our progress against another company that required 500 minutes per week. We caught up to and passed them in commendations. Once I took over the duties of cutting inactive players, I was very diligent in enforcing the 4-hour rule. The first few weeks were a bloodbath, but eventually people realized that you have to play to stay, and from there, we did very well.

Also, I directed the late comers to another company who is working towards the armor so they can complete their set now that they have the helmet. As of this post, we are already down to 84 members. I don't particularly care to accept more join requests at this point because A) there's no point and B) I'm switching to Gears of War 4 for a while.
Achilles is one of the reasons I really want my company to grow. At the moment we stand at ten men, it's going to be a long haul!
It's quite and achievement. I wanted to be a company of solo players to get it but I haven't done to well finding and getting solo players. my company of ten players(some who may not even be active) will more likely never see Achilles. :-)
It's a cool achievement and all, but it looks weird and I'm not really a fan of it aesthetically.
i was part of the company and i did more than 4 hours weekly anyways prior to joining so i was glad to have been a part of it and contribute as much as i did. im hoping to get the armor now since i was late to the party, but i dont see any problems finding a new company. ive applied and hope to get accepted to this other group. i can finally take a break from SWAT! ugh! lol
Nope only thing I think is how much did you have to farm kills in warzone.
I never farmed to get it....
Couldn't be f'd to care about achilles to be honest. Vehicles and all that jazz just aren't my thing.
Achilles is one of the reasons I really want my company to grow. At the moment we stand at ten men, it's going to be a long haul!
a long haul indeed!
Sacr3d wrote:
It is low. Our group was very casual, but most people put in way more than that. Not everyone is as sweaty as Whiskey! In all seriousness, I was tracking our progress against another company that required 500 minutes per week. We caught up to and passed them in commendations. Once I took over the duties of cutting inactive players, I was very diligent in enforcing the 4-hour rule. The first few weeks were a bloodbath, but eventually people realized that you have to play to stay, and from there, we did very well.

Also, I directed the late comers to another company who is working towards the armor so they can complete their set now that they have the helmet. As of this post, we are already down to 84 members. I don't particularly care to accept more join requests at this point because A) there's no point and B) I'm switching to Gears of War 4 for a while.
da real mvp
LethalQ wrote:
It's quite and achievement. I wanted to be a company of solo players to get it but I haven't done to well finding and getting solo players. my company of ten players(some who may not even be active) will more likely never see Achilles. :-)
well if you ever wanna switch to a company where you can get the armor like hydra nations, you could get achilles in their memory!
Walrificus wrote:
It's a cool achievement and all, but it looks weird and I'm not really a fan of it aesthetically.
the beauty is in the eye of the beholder
i was part of the company and i did more than 4 hours weekly anyways prior to joining so i was glad to have been a part of it and contribute as much as i did. im hoping to get the armor now since i was late to the party, but i dont see any problems finding a new company. ive applied and hope to get accepted to this other group. i can finally take a break from SWAT! ugh! lol
yeah prolly never playing swat again
we weren't some hardcore farmers and stuff tbh, but saying that we have maybe a few times or so :0 honestly we just played it out together and did it, so don't worry ;)
Sacr3d wrote:
I never farmed to get it....
yep...
Couldn't be f'd to care about achilles to be honest. Vehicles and all that jazz just aren't my thing.
I guess hard work ain't your type ahlie? xD yeah everyone's different
what were your last 2 coms u needed? For us it was headshots and grenades
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8