Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

We need 1 social playlist

OP SKWRLY

As the title states I believe it is crucial that we get 1 social playlist. If I want to play a match and have no friends online to play mm with then I'm likely going to have a bad time in higher level play. This game has been heavily designed for team play and solo play is near impossible against coordinated or competent teams.

I personally would love to see a team arena social playlist because I love how team arena mixes it up (although I dislike breakout, but will endure it for the sake of every other game mode). I wouldn't be against social slayer as I know many players prefer the simplicity and it might keep quitters down to minimum based on losing rather than just not liking the game type. Perhaps allowing JIP at the beginning of the match would be okay, but I'm on the fence with this one.

Thoughts?
I completely agree, Skwrly. I can't play any arena playlist right now unless my friend gets on because the two of us (usually) manage to pull off team victories, but sadly since we don't have an entire team we do lose some close games. That being said, when he isn't online I don't even bother playing arena. Also, it's too stressful worrying about winning all the time.

I remember even in Halo Reach I'd go around the map and pick up enemy players in my warthog and fly off the map to our deaths just for fun or me and my friends would ride around in mongooses making enemies chase us in BTB. I think I had more games of Infection and Invasion than anything else in Halo Reach just to have fun with my friends.

I agree though, I'd really be fine with at LEAST Social Slayer for when I want to play alone or train a little. Couldn't it be easy and simple to add? Just rip the same exact system ranked slayer has and put it in a new playlist that has no rank system. I really don't understand why we have to wait until December for the new playlist.
I completely agree, Skwrly. I can't play any arena playlist right now unless my friend gets on because the two of us (usually) manage to pull off team victories, but sadly since we don't have an entire team we do lose some close games. That being said, when he isn't online I don't even bother playing arena. Also, it's too stressful worrying about winning all the time.

I remember even in Halo Reach I'd go around the map and pick up enemy players in my warthog and fly off the map to our deaths just for fun or me and my friends would ride around in mongooses making enemies chase us in BTB. I think I had more games of Infection and Invasion than anything else in Halo Reach just to have fun with my friends.

I agree though, I'd really be fine with at LEAST Social Slayer for when I want to play alone or train a little. Couldn't it be easy and simple to add? Just rip the same exact system ranked slayer has and put it in a new playlist that has no rank system. I really don't understand why we have to wait until December for the new playlist.
When you say December are you referring to btb? Or are there more playlists coming that I am unaware of?
SKWRLY wrote:

When you say December are you referring to btb? Or are there more playlists coming that I am unaware of?
343 did say that there would be a social/weekend playlist where the most popular has a chance of being permanent.

I'd be happy for BTB to be a playlist but if we had only one social playlist I'd say either Living dead or Griffbal - BTB would take to many players away from Warzone this soon.
There will be no social playlist for halo 5. The only social playlist will be warzone. This is all done by Quinn del hoyo the lead mp designer for halo 5. He stated he does not like the social/rank playlist split and that everyone should be playing the same playlist.
There will be no social playlist for halo 5. The only social playlist will be warzone. This is all done by Quinn del hoyo the lead mp designer for halo 5. He stated he does not like the social/rank playlist split and that everyone should be playing the same playlist.
Well how is that catering to any multiplayer fan base in other words it's "I don't care what you think competitive is the way forward" like what the hell, I enjoy all the social game types and I have no one to play halo with so I'm stuck playing warzone there's nothing here (at the moment) that can and will hold my attention to play if 343 want to compete with other games we need changes now it seems to me they rushed the release campaign was finished sure but multiplayer is far from polished in some areas I'm just sick of all this waiting we all pay for this game so why aren't we working together to get 343 to put in what we ALL enjoy.
SKWRLY wrote:

343 did say that there would be a social/weekend playlist where the most popular has a chance of being permanent.

I'd be happy for BTB to be a playlist but if we had only one social playlist I'd say either Living dead or Griffbal - BTB would take to many players away from Warzone this soon.
Hmmm really
Quinn Delhoyo can go back to EPIC and superimpose his warped views on that playerbase.
Completely agree w/ OP. There needs to be a social playlist besides warzone at all times, none of this bs weeked playlist with a "chance" of becoming permanent bc we all know 343 won't too that. They're too scoped in on this horrific competitive vision for H5, I love the idea but by all means don't take away from other conponents of the game!