Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

We Need To Be Able To Hear The Other Team's Mics

OP HappyFire357172

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It should be an option in SOCIAL only.
In Halo 4, you were able to set your mic so that the other team could hear it. This was advantageous for obvious reasons, but one more than the rest. There is one very good reason the other team should be able to hear our mic chat.

Spoiler:
Show
Haven't clicked the link yet, but when I think warthog+music (I think it)= to red teams (from REDvsBLUE) "iconic" warthog song that they always put.
Am I right, if not then what is it?
And you're welcome, made the link "clickable".
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It was in the Halos before H4 as well, but 343 decided to get rid of it for some unknown reason. Probably because they didn't want people to hear trash talk which is ridiculous if true.
I haven't had much experience with Halo multiplayers before 4, other than Reach and a little 3.
Vblownaf95 wrote:
In Halo 4, you were able to set your mic so that the other team could hear it. This was advantageous for obvious reasons, but one more than the rest. There is one very good reason the other team should be able to hear our mic chat.

Spoiler:
Show
Haven't clicked the link yet, but when I think warthog+music (I think it)= to red teams (from REDvsBLUE) "iconic" warthog song that they always put.
Am I right, if not then what is it?
And you're welcome, made the link "clickable".
You are right. Sorry about the link, I'm used to being able to just copy paste it.
Okay, I must be totally remembering wrong, because I could've sworn proximity chat was turned off in Halo 4. There was none at all. At least that's how I remember it.

However, I do also think it we should have an option to turn on or off like it was in Reach.
You can barely hear anyone's mic anymore, it's boring. I miss the hilarity of hearing teenagers being told off by their parents and private conversations because somebody forgot to turn it off. I also miss people raging at me in Reach FFA and striving to make them rage harder.
LethalQ wrote:
It should be an option in SOCIAL only.
Maybe Warzone, as well. I want to call in a Warthog, and drive around the battlefield as the enemy stops to ask, "Is that music?".
this will just cause mutes
Red III wrote:
Only a dirty Blue would dare to mute the charge of the Red Team.
Red III wrote:
Only a dirty Blue would dare to mute the charge of the Red Team.
exactly. i dont want to get muted!

Spoiler:
Show
that would be cool to do that though, LET US 343

Spoiler:
Show
no I could never focus with that song blaring over my mic, id have a lower kd than a cod kid in his first halo match......though id love to use the song panzerkampf-sabaton for warzone assault.
I miss proximity voice. I remember one of my first assassinations in Halo: Reach I could hear my victim screaming "LET GO OF ME!" through the TV. For some reason that sound of a raging ten year old has stuck with me over the years.

Also, -Yoink- talking. Aint gonna lie.
Proximity mic would be added bonus for team sneaking up on you.
But I really miss the trash talking before and after the games. That was the best part of having mics
yeah proximity voice should have definitely stayed for H5 but 343 had other plans :/
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
do you just have this saved on a word document and just copy and paste when ever you feel like -Yoink- posting
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2