2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 80
I really like what they did the ar, making it more of a mid range weapon so the smg and storm can shine in their own niche. The lower damage is something to get used to, but with that smaller reticle and crazy headshot multiplier, I really think 343 succeeded at what they set out to do. At least with the ar in particular.
I think the problem is that because the sandbox was already balanced, nerfing a few things means you have to nerf everything. Things like the magnum and light rifle are now some of the best guns in the game. To compensate for them being better, both guns need less aim assist and RRR. The storm rifle should’ve been nerfed in this update, but for reasons I can’t explain, it wasn’t. My idea is to make it an adjusted version of the plasma rifle. If it had a longer range, but did less damage to shields and armor, I think it’d be good. I haven’t had enough experience with the BR yet, but I can say it‘s pretty crappy compared to the magnum. I like what you did with the AR, but because it’s an automatic with bloom, the headshot multiplier becomes more about luck than skill. My solution is to remove the headshot multiplier and all the autos, but reduce the AR the one by 50%.
But that's sort of the point of the headshot multiplier for the ar isn't it? You burst fire so you know for sure that the bullets will land where you want them to, and with the reticle being smaller, it really does accommodate that tactic, at least in my opinion. Also I completely agree with you on that storm rifle and magnum bit. They do seem a little more powerful now with everything else getting changed. I hope 343 takes a look at that or else the br will become obsolete.
Is anyone else finding huge delays with shot registration from the pistol since the update? I've been coming back to Halo 5 intermittently, but since this update it's taking upwards to half a second for hit markers to appear or enemies to die. Thought it might be my connection, but this has been ongoing for quite some time.
Everybody liked the way the old BR and carbine "felt" to shoot. And mostly the DMR Too, although the headshot magnetism on it was a little extreme. The major beef was that they were pure upgrades to the magnum with more range AND more damage.

The sane, simple fix would have been to simply reduce their rates of fire!! They would have felt just as good to shoot, but now the magnum beats them if you use it effectively at shorter ranges. The BR/DMR still wins at longer ranges. And you could have slightly shortened the RRRs on the DMR and BR, by like 5%.

Instead, you completely changed the guns and the way they feel to aim and shoot, which absolutely nobody was complaining about.
So I played 10-20 games yesterday and boy oh boy was I terrible!!! LoL I got my lowest Arena rank ever since the game came out LoL It really does feel like a different game now, it's crazy.

My impressions so far are,

• Invisibility is fine
  • AR isn't bad, I can see what you were going for but man oh man the decrease in strength really noticiable. Hard to kill anyone with it. It's more of a clean up weapon now. That's not a bad thing, but very different.
  • The BR to me is sorta a mess. I don't understand why it's range was slaughter so much. The magnum has better range and that's not right. The answer isn't to change the magnum either. I'll admit, I'm not sure if I fully understand this whole random spread thing, but regardless, I don't like random anything. I thought the BR was supposed to be good at mid range, but in it's current form, I feel like no matter what the enemy has, they beat me. I'm not a pro or champion player ( I'm normally a low to mid onyx, but this season low Diamond lol) and realize that it'll take time to get used to these new weapons, but the BR is just so bad now in any situation. What is the BRs role now?? It's not close, mid or long so if anyone knows, please tell me.
  • Beam Rifle I haven't used yet, but I think it'll be fine
  • Carbine I have similar thoughts like the BR. Why is the range worst then the magnum?? Like the BR, I don't know what the role of this weapon is anymore.
  • DMR is really different... I definitely don't think the rate of fire should of been reduced and i hate how hip fire range was reduced as well. I'm actually ok with everything else and how it plays.
  • Energy sword I'm ok with for the most part, but holy crap I'm beyond tired of the ridiculous range increase when you zoom with melee weapons. Melee weapons should NOT have any kind of zoom.... AT ALL!
  • Grenades I'm fine with... moreless. The 25% reduced blast radius I think was a bit much. Halo 5 is so much faster then previous Halo's and now grenades just don't seem as good unless it's at there feet. I would up the blast radius 10% Also, am I understand things right aboat grenades doing minimum 50% damage to Shields no matter where they are in the blast radius? Or what.
  • Fuel Rod Cannon, Reach grenade launcher and gunfighter Magnum I haven't used yet.
  • Railgun is certainly different, but I actually think it is in a better place now. To me this railgun makes the most sense.
  • SMG to me is just terrible now!!! Why pick it up over the AR? To me the AR almost beats it in every way and in every situation. The SMG just needed a reduced range. Everything else was fine with it before I thought.
  • Splinter grenade to me isn't bad, but I still think the "floating stars" should linger longer and either do very minimal or no damage to heath BUT they instantly strip you of your shields (even over shields) then it would truly become a area of denial grenade I think. Players would have to choose "do I go threw knowing I'm potentially one shot from death.... Or not.."
Overall, minus the BR, Carbine and SMG, I don't mind or like what I see. I know it'll take some time to get used to the weapons again but I really feel like those 3 weapons I mentioned really need to be changed. I also feel like this weapons update is forcing players to zoom in a heck of a lot more then we used too which I don't like (especially how I hate the look of Halo 5's ADS style zooming. Let's put in a system that covers up 3/4 of your target when you zoom lolol ...ridiculous!!! )

Also, was anyone else getting a lot of lag yesterday in matches?? My team and I were big time in almost all our matches.
Another thought. With these so called improvements (which are really quite the opposite), other weapons become OP. For example, the light rifle was already borderline OP, but since all the other rifles (BR, DMR, Carbine) have been sent to crap, the light rifle stands out so much more and is seriously OP. Also, why is the magnum better than the rifles now? A pistol should not be this good. Additionally, the SMG was supposed to be a better short-range weapon than the AR. Now, however, it just all around sucks. It's even worse than the new AR, which is basically a useless gun. Literally the only changes I approve of in this miserable excuse of an update are the fuel rod and splinter grenade. Everything else is straight garbage.
Should of kept the game the way it was.... there was absolutely nothing wrong with the battle rifle... you ruined my favorite weapon... going to play COD now thanks 343!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Love these changes:
1) Making headshots matter with the AR. There should still be skill rewards, even with an automatic weapon. This is a good choice.
2) Narrowing the effective range on the BR (the weapon was too versatile before). Judging by the complaints of the BR lovers it may have been a little too much, but I don't know.
3) Making the immediate damage of a splinter grenade lower to turn it into more of a trap/barrier tool.

Unsure about these changes:
1) Frag grenade change in blast radius and having >50% shield damage. The fact that you could use a frag grenade to just barely chip someone's shield and reset their timer in an awkward standoff kind of fight was cool IMO. It was a cool team dynamic tool to try to keep their shield down while hoping one of your teammates would show up. The new dynamic that these updated frags will create might be cool though, I don't know.

Hate these changes:
1) Here's my real concern. You nerfed the SMG at short range. I truly hate this change and hope you will return the DPS, time to kill, and headshot damage bonus to previous levels at short range. If you wanted to weaken it at mid to long range, you could widen the spread so more shots miss, or actually decrease the damage at long/mid range. It should be weak while you're spray and pray/harassing with it at longer distances. But, when you are up close, just out of melee range, and spraying someone right in the face it should be strong. A big part of the skill involved in using any close range weapon is the fact that you have to find a way to get past the long and mid-ranges without getting hurt too bad on your way in. You will often take at least one mid-range shot on your way in with the SMG. With the SMG if you have no surprise factor, you should usually just run away from an opponent at mid-range. There are so many alert and skilled players with mid-range precision weapons, that there needs to be a reward for actually successfully scrambling up into close range with the SMG.
2) Nothing else really. Just please let the SMG actually be effective in it's narrow, short-range window of usefulness.
I can't play halo 5 anymore.. not like this.. the battle rifle is useless.. the assault rifle and pistol are the only weapons you can use anymore.. I want it back how it was.. maybe take the assault rifle down a hair.. but I want the battle rifle back.. this game is not worth playing without it..
Congratulations 343 you have finally killed Halo 5!! Definitely won't be buying Halo 6, will accept a free copy though!!
I agree 100%
Somethings are changing and I’m still evaluating how it affects overall performance. I get the point that they’re looking for that sweet spot for the right to name just like an engine, but I’m still not sure if this is an improvement. Feel free to disagree.
So I played 10-20 games yesterday and boy oh boy was I terrible!!! LoL I got my lowest Arena rank ever since the game came out LoL It really does feel like a different game now, it's crazy.

My impressions so far are,

• Invisibility is fine
  • AR isn't bad, I can see what you were going for but man oh man the decrease in strength really noticiable. Hard to kill anyone with it. It's more of a clean up weapon now. That's not a bad thing, but very different.
  • The BR to me is sorta a mess. I don't understand why it's range was slaughter so much. The magnum has better range and that's not right. The answer isn't to change the magnum either. I'll admit, I'm not sure if I fully understand this whole random spread thing, but regardless, I don't like random anything. I thought the BR was supposed to be good at mid range, but in it's current form, I feel like no matter what the enemy has, they beat me. I'm not a pro or champion player ( I'm normally a low to mid onyx, but this season low Diamond lol) and realize that it'll take time to get used to these new weapons, but the BR is just so bad now in any situation. What is the BRs role now?? It's not close, mid or long so if anyone knows, please tell me.
  • Beam Rifle I haven't used yet, but I think it'll be fine
  • Carbine I have similar thoughts like the BR. Why is the range worst then the magnum?? Like the BR, I don't know what the role of this weapon is anymore.
  • DMR is really different... I definitely don't think the rate of fire should of been reduced and i hate how hip fire range was reduced as well. I'm actually ok with everything else and how it plays.
  • Energy sword I'm ok with for the most part, but holy crap I'm beyond tired of the ridiculous range increase when you zoom with melee weapons. Melee weapons should NOT have any kind if zoom.... AT ALL!
  • Grenades I'm ok with... moreless. The 25% reduced blast radius I think was a bit much. Halo 5 is so much faster then previous Halo's and now grenades just don't seem as good unless it's at there feet. I would up the blast radius 10% Also, am I understand things right aboat grenades doing minimum 50% damage to Shields no matter where they are in the blast radius? Or what.
  • Fuel Rod Cannon, Reach grenade launcher and gunfighter Magnum I haven't used yet.
  • Railgun is certainly different, but I actually think it is in a better place now. To me this railgun makes the most sense.
  • SMG to me is just terrible now. Why pick it up over the AR now? To me the AR almost beats it in every way and in every situation. The SMG just needed a reduced range. Everything else was fine with it before I thought.
  • Splinter grenade to me isn't bad, but I still think the "floating stars" should linger longer and either do very minimal or no damage to heath BUT they instantly strip you of your shields (even over shields) then it would truly become a area of denial grenade I think. Players would have to choose "do I go threw knowing I'm potentially one shot from death.... Or not.."
Overall, minus the BR, Carbine and SMG, I don't mind or like what I see. I know it'll take some time to get used to the weapons again but I really feel like those 3 weapons I mentioned really need to be changed. I also feel like this weapons update is forcing players to zoom in a heck of a lot more then we used too which I don't like (especially how I hate the look of Halo 5's ADS style zooming. Let's put in a system that covers up 3/4 of your target when you zoom lolol ...ridiculous!!! )

Also, was anyone else getting a lot of lag yesterday in matches?? My team and I were big time in almost all our matches.
Yeah I was getting really bad lag too.. and I agree.. they should put the battle rifle, carbine, and sms back and I would be happy.. but until then, I can't play this game anymore
Who needs a BR now when I can just headshot with the AR and kill people faster.

I used the grenade launcher and it feels completely useless now. It's like you have to get a direct hit to kill someone, and one of my nades went off about two feet from someone with no shields and it didn't even do anything. It was a wtf moment for sure.
I do not like the change of the assault rifle. I hate its new bullseye. It is like the old fps games, and Halo 5 is innovating, so It is not stetically coherent.
I'm honestly going back to Reach, even with such a bad AR in that game. Halo 5's AR is basically the same thing and I hate that. I liked how Halo 5 had a good AR and that's just gone.
AntiCaesar wrote:
I'm honestly going back to Reach, even with such a bad AR in that game. Halo 5's AR is basically the same thing and I hate that. I liked how Halo 5 had a good AR and that's just gone.
Halo Reach's AR could never pull off headshots. That thing took like a third of the magazine just to drop one Grunt.

This AR can do it in one or two bullets AND has the ability to do that at BR ranges.
weapon tuning,
Halo 5 is one of the most outstanding games in the video game industry, however, 343 INDUSTRIES is changing things, updating the game to a level at which I am sure many people don't like, tuning Weapon The new Halo updatehas been the one but personally, I thought it would be nothing more than a test for only one list in the Halo 5 Guardians qualifying arena.the update is in the whole game and is something that is very unpleasant in the personal, I can not aim well with the battle rifle, the recoil is heavier and the aim is very poor, 343 Industries has taken into account the community that plays Halo by ability, ???this change in Halo for many people to stop playing, is not a well created update for the community of players, I hope that this update in the weapons change for good and not for bad, Halo has had changes but not as bad as the last one.
maybe the changes could be a great idea, but the servers are really bad, a lot of lag in many matches.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 80