So I played 10-20 games yesterday and boy oh boy was I terrible!!! LoL I got my lowest Arena rank ever since the game came out LoL It really does feel like a different game now, it's crazy.
My impressions so far are,
- AR isn't bad, I can see what you were going for but man oh man the decrease in strength really noticiable. Hard to kill anyone with it. It's more of a clean up weapon now. That's not a bad thing, but very different.
- The BR to me is sorta a mess. I don't understand why it's range was slaughter so much. The magnum has better range and that's not right. The answer isn't to change the magnum either. I'll admit, I'm not sure if I fully understand this whole random spread thing, but regardless, I don't like random anything. I thought the BR was supposed to be good at mid range, but in it's current form, I feel like no matter what the enemy has, they beat me. I'm not a pro or champion player ( I'm normally a low to mid onyx, but this season low Diamond lol) and realize that it'll take time to get used to these new weapons, but the BR is just so bad now in any situation. What is the BRs role now?? It's not close, mid or long so if anyone knows, please tell me.
- Beam Rifle I haven't used yet, but I think it'll be fine
- Carbine I have similar thoughts like the BR. Why is the range worst then the magnum?? Like the BR, I don't know what the role of this weapon is anymore.
- DMR is really different... I definitely don't think the rate of fire should of been reduced and i hate how hip fire range was reduced as well. I'm actually ok with everything else and how it plays.
- Energy sword I'm ok with for the most part, but holy crap I'm beyond tired of the ridiculous range increase when you zoom with melee weapons. Melee weapons should NOT have any kind of zoom.... AT ALL!
- Grenades I'm fine with... moreless. The 25% reduced blast radius I think was a bit much. Halo 5 is so much faster then previous Halo's and now grenades just don't seem as good unless it's at there feet. I would up the blast radius 10% Also, am I understand things right aboat grenades doing minimum 50% damage to Shields no matter where they are in the blast radius? Or what.
- Fuel Rod Cannon, Reach grenade launcher and gunfighter Magnum I haven't used yet.
- Railgun is certainly different, but I actually think it is in a better place now. To me this railgun makes the most sense.
- SMG to me is just terrible now!!! Why pick it up over the AR? To me the AR almost beats it in every way and in every situation. The SMG just needed a reduced range. Everything else was fine with it before I thought.
- Splinter grenade to me isn't bad, but I still think the "floating stars" should linger longer and either do very minimal or no damage to heath BUT they instantly strip you of your shields (even over shields) then it would truly become a area of denial grenade I think. Players would have to choose "do I go threw knowing I'm potentially one shot from death.... Or not.."
Overall, minus the BR, Carbine and SMG, I don't mind or like what I see. I know it'll take some time to get used to the weapons again but I really feel like those 3 weapons I mentioned really need to be changed. I also feel like this weapons update is forcing players to zoom in a heck of a lot more then we used too which I don't like (especially how I hate the look of Halo 5's ADS style zooming. Let's put in a system that covers up 3/4 of your target when you zoom lolol ...ridiculous!!! )
Also, was anyone else getting a lot of lag yesterday in matches?? My team and I were big time in almost all our matches.