2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 80
I like how the majority of the people who like the new changes are low SR and lower rank players or thay almost exclusively play Arena this update was fine for arena in my opinion but it really hurt btb and Warzone assault and warzone.the new BR has killed a lot of companies and pushed a lot of people away from this game it's a real shame.
it really hurt btb and Warzone assault and warzone.the new BR has killed a lot of companies and pushed a lot of people away from this game it's a real shame.
This is such a great point. These changes were made to coddle the Arena players and to protect how the small maps play in Arena. There is no way you can make all these changes and extend their usefulness or logic to a BTB or WZ size map. I wonder sometimes if the employees even play the game. I play 5 or 7 nights a week in BTB and Warzone, and I have run into 343 emblems 2 or 3 times ( they always go negative). I am suspecting they just read the pro Arena players complaints and jump to make changes to satisfy their beloved ranked playlists. They need to watch NAS's (Precillence) youtube videos. The guy is a hot head, but he makes some really great points about how 343 doesn't fix anything in favor of the two game types.
Jesus this weapon tuning has everyone fighting. Even pissed me off, 343i I think you should've just left Halo 5 alone...what Anarchy...Focus on Halo 6 for gods sake. Let Halo 5 be alone. It's not going to improve any better than it is.
I won't even touch the AR now, like everyone else I've seen in Match making so far they don't even use it and often use the Magnum instead.
Why would anybody seriously no touch the AR with an increase in headshot bonus by 200%? I say again, we must be playing a different game. I check the post game stats after every game. I am regularly seeing AR's, Magnum's, and even BR's as tools of destruction (not only in BTB).

It is is your choice not to use the AR. All I have to say about that is check out one of the most recent Vetoed tweets, with a clip of him using the AR exclusively. You are really missing out if you refuse to use the AR right now.

That's a big problem. Halo's Original Weapon Turning that crossed from Combat Evolved to Halo 2 to 3, Reach and EVEN HALO 4 was way better than this. 343I choice to change the Halo Code in the first place is why Halo 5 had a Major Drop in popularity in the first place (I'm talking about the community divide).
Halo code? Are you talking about the Holy Triangle? If that's what you mean that 343 has moved away from that, and that that was a negative thing then I agree with you. Other than that, I am not sure what you are talking about here.

Why go as far to change it even more 2 years later? It causes Backlash and Anarchy. Halo is starting to do the same thing that COD was doing with COD Ghost and Infinite Warfare. You can't expect to suddenly change something that's been that way for over 10 years and not expect people not to reprieve it well. I supported 343i until this. This Change is to major. I just want a Classic Halo. I want Halo to feel like it did back during Halo Reach and hell even Halo 4. Halo 5 is no longer fun in any aspect. I see now why Halo Community is dying.
This is where you really lost me. You say you can't change something, meaning Halo, that has been that way for, "over 10 years", but then you site Reach, and Halo 4 as a place you want to go back to. Reach was the beginning, in many Halo veterans eyes, of the drifting away from Classic Halo.

It doesn't sound to me like you want Halo to stay Classic. You want Halo 5 to stay like how Halo 5 was from the beginning. You want the long range of the AR, as well as the tight bullet spread. You want the BR that shoots in a complete straight line, only moving slightly upwards, which in turn helps players get that last headshot. Oh and don't forget the long range and every forgiving aim assist that goes along with it.

Finally, if you want Halo to feel like it did back in Halo 4 then you have no real grasp on classic Halo. Halo 4 was the farthest from classic Halo as we could get.

I have been around this community since the Reach days, and there has been talk, all the while, that the Halo community is dead. Well let's see. We have the Forge community, the Halo racing community (at least I think that is still a thing), the Customs community, the BTB community, the Grifball community, the Pro/HCS community, the Halo Lore community, the Mythic campaign community, the Halo Youtube community...do you see what I am getting at here? It's going to take a lot more than a measley Weapons update in Halo 5 to kill this community. If MCC didn't kill us, then...well could we be immune to community death?

Edit: I mentioned the Forge community before I read FRED lllll's post. I hope that these changes and glitches are fixed for the Forgers. It is more than unfortunate that this update has caused so many problems for that part of the community.
I like how the majority of the people who like the new changes are low SR and lower rank players or thay almost exclusively play Arena this update was fine for arena in my opinion but it really hurt btb and Warzone assault and warzone.the new BR has killed a lot of companies and pushed a lot of people away from this game it's a real shame.
This is such a great point. These changes were made to coddle the Arena players and to protect how the small maps play in Arena. There is no way you can make all these changes and extend their usefulness or logic to a BTB or WZ size map. I wonder sometimes if the employees even play the game. I play 5 or 7 nights a week in BTB and Warzone, and I have run into 343 emblems 2 or 3 times ( they always go negative). I am suspecting they just read the pro Arena players complaints and jump to make changes to satisfy their beloved ranked playlists. They need to watch NAS's (Precillence) youtube videos. The guy is a hot head, but he makes some really great points about how 343 doesn't fix anything in favor of the two game types.
I wondered when someone was going to bring up rank, and try to make this about that, and an us against them attitude. This doesn't really add anything of substance to the debate. I am an SR149, Gold/Plat ranked player. Does my opinion weigh less than and SR150 Onyx/Champ? No matter what level that one plays at we are all using the same weapons. We have the same tools at our disposal, and thereby the same opportunity for success or failure with those tools.

I went ahead a played some BTB games last night. I will go ahead and play some Warzone today, but so far from my experience the weapons work well in the BTB setting. The lower RRR of the BR, just like it did during the tuning test, promoted more map movement and has helped turn the matches into less about cross map pinning down, who sees who first, and pretty much an overall positive in my opinion.

I tried watching Nas during the last time they added back 12 man teams, before now, I stopped watching and being interested in his opinion once him and his team started farming. They literally said to each other, "Don't take that base. Let them have it back so we can keep playing." I don't care how good a player might be. If they are bad sportsman, and in general just have a bad attitude I don't have much respect for that.
Jesus this weapon tuning has everyone fighting. Even pissed me off, 343i I think you should've just left Halo 5 alone...what Anarchy...Focus on Halo 6 for gods sake. Let Halo 5 be alone. It's not going to improve any better than it is.
That was the problem though, it was never good to begin with...
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I won't even touch the AR now, like everyone else I've seen in Match making so far they don't even use it and often use the Magnum instead.
Why would anybody seriously no touch the AR with an increase in headshot bonus by 200%? I say again, we must be playing a different game. I check the post game stats after every game. I am regularly seeing AR's, Magnum's, and even BR's as tools of destruction (not only in BTB).

It is is your choice not to use the AR. All I have to say about that is check out one of the most recent Vetoed tweets, with a clip of him using the AR exclusively. You are really missing out if you refuse to use the AR right now.

That's a big problem. Halo's Original Weapon Turning that crossed from Combat Evolved to Halo 2 to 3, Reach and EVEN HALO 4 was way better than this. 343I choice to change the Halo Code in the first place is why Halo 5 had a Major Drop in popularity in the first place (I'm talking about the community divide).
Halo code? Are you talking about the Holy Triangle? If that's what you mean that 343 has moved away from that, and that that was a negative thing then I agree with you. Other than that, I am not sure what you are talking about here.

Why go as far to change it even more 2 years later? It causes Backlash and Anarchy. Halo is starting to do the same thing that COD was doing with COD Ghost and Infinite Warfare. You can't expect to suddenly change something that's been that way for over 10 years and not expect people not to reprieve it well. I supported 343i until this. This Change is to major. I just want a Classic Halo. I want Halo to feel like it did back during Halo Reach and hell even Halo 4. Halo 5 is no longer fun in any aspect. I see now why Halo Community is dying.
This is where you really lost me. You say you can't change something, meaning Halo, that has been that way for, "over 10 years", but then you site Reach, and Halo 4 as a place you want to go back to. Reach was the beginning, in many Halo veterans eyes, of the drifting away from Classic Halo.

It doesn't sound to me like you want Halo to stay Classic. You want Halo 5 to stay like how Halo 5 was from the beginning. You want the long range of the AR, as well as the tight bullet spread. You want the BR that shoots in a complete straight line, only moving slightly upwards, which in turn helps players get that last headshot. Oh and don't forget the long range and every forgiving aim assist that goes along with it.

Finally, if you want Halo to feel like it did back in Halo 4 then you have no real grasp on classic Halo. Halo 4 was the farthest from classic Halo as we could get.

I have been around this community since the Reach days, and there has been talk, all the while, that the Halo community is dead. Well let's see. We have the Forge community, the Halo racing community (at least I think that is still a thing), the Customs community, the BTB community, the Grifball community, the Pro/HCS community, the Halo Lore community, the Mythic campaign community, the Halo Youtube community...do you see what I am getting at here? It's going to take a lot more than a measley Weapons update in Halo 5 to kill this community. If MCC didn't kill us, then...well could we be immune to community death?

Edit: I mentioned the Forge community before I read FRED lllll's post. I hope that these changes and glitches are fixed for the Forgers. It is more than unfortunate that this update has caused so many problems for that part of the community.
I wondered when someone was going to bring up rank, and try to make this about that, and an us against them attitude. This doesn't really add anything of substance to the debate. I am an SR149, Gold/Plat ranked player. Does my opinion weigh less than and SR150 Onyx/Champ? No matter what level that one plays at we are all using the same weapons. We have the same tools at our disposal, and thereby the same opportunity for success or failure with those tools.

I went ahead a played some BTB games last night. I will go ahead and play some Warzone today, but so far from my experience the weapons work well in the BTB setting. The lower RRR of the BR, just like it did during the tuning test, promoted more map movement and has helped turn the matches into less about cross map pinning down, who sees who first, and pretty much an overall positive in my opinion.

I tried watching Nas during the last time they added back 12 man teams, before now, I stopped watching and being interested in his opinion once him and his team started farming. They literally said to each other, "Don't take that base. Let them have it back so we can keep playing." I don't care how good a player might be. If they are bad sportsman, and in general just have a bad attitude I don't have much respect for that.
If you like the lower red reticle range why wouldn't pistol starts be a better option in btb.

Btb exposes everything that is wrong with the br right now. At mid to long range fights it's a pure random crap shoot who wins a gun fight because of the spread.

A br can't stand up to a LR or dmr at range and once again the random spread makes a fight very uneven. At least with a pistol you still maintain some form of accuracy outside of RRR.

Dmr and LR are now power weapons in btb. Team shot has been replaced by a lottery bullet system. It's terrible. My team is very frustrated and all but done in btb. That's a shame, we played a lot of btb this last year after 12 man was restricted in warzone. Just another broken playlist for us now. But one that could be fixed very easily. Pistol starts or better yet fix the damn br.
Thanks everyone for all of the feedback so far - just letting you know that I (and the team) are reading each and every post. Obviously there's a lot to digest - some people love one thing, some people hate that same thing. Change overall is never easy, especially not after 2 years honing your skills on the original weapons. As the team sifts through feedback and data I'll be sure to share additional details pertaining to any additional iteration that may (or may not) be on the horizon. This is a process - the sandbox team is still closely monitoring.

thanks!
First off thanks Ske7ch and team for the update. Big shout out to Quinn, had a blast with the stream going over the update.

One word: balanced. The weapons are not perfect, but they are much closer to being properly balanced. I've played a few games of oddball, warzone, and BTB, and I can honestly say the game is much better balanced because of these changes.

One area of concern is the storm rifle. It does seem to melt people too quickly. The level of skill required to do so is not high enough to warrant the results.

Weapons are no longer cross-map snipers. You can still get kills with the Magnum, BR, AR, and other weapons beyond their range, but it seems much more difficult. I did not like the Magnum and BR before the weapon tuning, they messed up the whole sandbox.

I like that, after testing the tuning in the test playlist, the recoil and spread was tuned down for various weapons like the BR and SMG. The SMG in particular feels a lot better. It's supposed to be a bullet hose, and using it as such now feels fun and rewarding. Also, it's a lot more fun to use during warzone in hitting grunt headshots.

The BR feels much better and less like the DMR. I really like using the BR now and I love seeing the more distinct 3-hit marker when I'm playing. The cadence, as Quinn called it, is much better.

A huge change that you all snuck in was creating a cool down for Banshee flips. Thank you for that. Banshees are still going to be tough in the hands of a skilled pilot, but I don't think they will feel ridiculous like they did before. People will have to dodge more strategically as opposed to spamming flips.

The Railgun feels great. I love being able to hold the charge, it makes it more fun to use.

Overall I'm very happy with how things are. I'm sure there are people who will want things back to how they were, but please don't even consider it. The game is much more balanced and fun this way. I know you'll continue to monitor things to see how weapons are used in game. Thanks again guys, wish you all the best.
ske7ch wrote:
Thanks everyone for all of the feedback so far - just letting you know that I (and the team) are reading each and every post. Obviously there's a lot to digest - some people love one thing, some people hate that same thing. Change overall is never easy, especially not after 2 years honing your skills on the original weapons. As the team sifts through feedback and data I'll be sure to share additional details pertaining to any additional iteration that may (or may not) be on the horizon. This is a process - the sandbox team is still closely monitoring.

thanks!
Sounds good. I am interested to see what you all come up with, and what if anything, changes.
l Hagen l wrote:
Jesus Christ people are over reacting here.

I love every single change.
People who complain about the "random" spread of the BR clearly didn't see the stream last week. It's spread is slightly bigger but to be hones it's still a laser. The reason why you guys can't kill with it is not the spread but the 3 bullet fire rate. Pre patch it was basically 1 bullet that hit you 3 times because the gab between the bullets was minimal. Now it actually feels like shooting 3 bullets. So if someone crosses your shots while moving than yes, 1 or even 2 bullets will miss. So if you want to complain, complain about that. BR is not brain dead anymore and that's good.

The AR feels great. Actually requires some skill.

Every other weapon has it's role and you should use them the way they are supposed to. You know, you can pick up 2 weapons! Depending on the map I either pick a close and middle range or a close and far range. Just change the weapon according to the situation and don't just go for BR all day every day (which is still very good at close and mid range)
What you just explained is a bad thing. If this was halo 3 then fine but this is halo 5. Spartans move much faster and bullets not catching doesnt make sense Esspcially if you get hitmarkers and no damage goes thru. Remember this is coming from a player who is still killing the other person but its taking longer than it should. Same with the vise versa. I should've died in certain situations but didnt because of the spread.

No the AR is even easier to uss than before. Aiming for the head gains you fast kills
My opinion is only a reflection of my time spent in 3 playlists: HCS/ Dubs/ Slayer. In HCS this update just makes it feel like there is no need to pick up any other weapons besides power weapons, unless you have a DMR/ BR for long distance only. The BR is heavily out gunned by the pistol unless your enemy didn’t have first shot on you or just misses you during that gun fight. In doubles I noticed you’re better off using the carbines because they seem to be just as dominant at all ranges even though they were suppose to be tweaked. I am not saying the update was horrible just maybe it could have been different. Instead of these changes why couldn’t it have been nerf all autos (storm rifle is amazing still) and just reduce auto aim/ magnetism of your precision weapons a little or enough so a DMR/ BR aren’t easy to pick up and hit perfects. BTW Light rifle is still amazing too. This update to me feels like they attempted a Halo 3 style game play where in that game the BR was the go to, now in H5 the pistol is the go to. You may just want a BR or DMR in your back pocket if you’re low on ammo. I understand the BR was suppose to be “more” skillful but now it just feels like RNG since the magnetism in the aiming mechanics just pulls your reticle to the enemies head for you and you cannot really lead your shots as the update intended (like H3). Devs should have went a different route with these changes.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

I understand you seeing this as a rank war, but it isn't. I understand we have all the same tools at our disposal, but the new weapons simply don't work well in larger maps. NAS farming is not bad sportsmanship if the game rewards you for getting more kills and more stats. I never feel bad when I get farmed, its only 10 min or so and I can always learn something from it. Did you have a chance to fly the new Banshee or Wasp? we can agree to disagree here, I just struggle to have interest in relearning a 2 year old title, I'm not some test dummy.

This post has been hidden.

l Hagen l wrote:
Jesus Christ people are over reacting here.

I love every single change.
People who complain about the "random" spread of the BR clearly didn't see the stream last week. It's spread is slightly bigger but to be hones it's still a laser. The reason why you guys can't kill with it is not the spread but the 3 bullet fire rate. Pre patch it was basically 1 bullet that hit you 3 times because the gab between the bullets was minimal. Now it actually feels like shooting 3 bullets. So if someone crosses your shots while moving than yes, 1 or even 2 bullets will miss. So if you want to complain, complain about that. BR is not brain dead anymore and that's good.

The AR feels great. Actually requires some skill.

Every other weapon has it's role and you should use them the way they are supposed to. You know, you can pick up 2 weapons! Depending on the map I either pick a close and middle range or a close and far range. Just change the weapon according to the situation and don't just go for BR all day every day (which is still very good at close and mid range)
I mostly agree with you, but in 4v4 games the Magnum is comparatively too powerful. I think the red reticle range on the Magnum needs to be significantly decreased. This would make sense logically as well, because if you have a handgun powerful enough to 5-shot a SHIELDED SPARTAN, it would not be able to have that kind of damage without inaccuracy.
The BR is way underpowered, the carbine is decent, wish it had more aim assists but beside that it's fine. The DMR can't contest the pistol because of the slow rate of fire. I think the only necessary change is to take away some aim assists from the BR and DMR to make it even. The rest of the tuning was fine, keep the starts pistol starts and not BR starts, maybe for Halo 6.
servers are unplayable in HCS 9/10 games, weapon changes all need to be reverted unless you plan on changing the pistol, light rifle, storm rifle, brute rifle and pretty much every other weapon in the sandbox cause they are too op in battles against all the nurffed weapons. adding more headshot damage to the at was a terrible idea 99.99999999% of the player base wanted headshot damage removed not increased.
Hated BTB before this update, but now its super fun. Howeever, this update made ranked kinda broken. Carbines are still pretty strong, same for every other weapon untouched by this update, and the ar got a pretty good rework. The splinter/frag grenade update makes the game feel much healthier. It was a partially good update.

The main problem now is the rifles are useless. (Apart from the LR). Why would I want to pick up a rifle that's only effective at mid-long range. Halo 5 is a shooter based around movement, and since the thrust slide was never patched I can get across an average sized map in less than 10 seconds.

The reason the BR/DMR were stronger in the first place was to emphasize power weapon control. You put yourself out in the open to get an advantage. Now anybody in diamond and above, maybe even platinum and above, has no reason to touch the Rifles again. Because the magnum, and the ar(w headshot buff) can outgun them both. Pickup weapons should have a competitive edge against starters.

P.S. Railgun nerf was unneeded. Please fix the storm rifle.
Thank you to any dev who read this. Sincerely a person who has played your game for 2 years
Like the analysis that went into this, but to be honest there's no longer a point in picking up the BR or DMR; the magnum is just purely stronger. So it's really upsetting to see these "power" (stronger, w/e) weapons not useful and unnecessarily clunky to use. The only things that ever needed changes imo were grenade damage and autos all around. The core 3 weapons (Mag, BR, DMR) worked perfectly together as was.
I see a lot of people making comments that the Magnum is a better gun than the BR, yet I rarely ever see anyone mentioning that the BR has a slightly bigger reticle nor that it has a higher rate of fire, meaning it is easier to get a headshot in closer ranges than the Magnum. Am I missing something?
ske7ch wrote:

thanks!
Wondering if you could provide me with answers to the questions I asked in my first post?

• Why doesn't the RRR charts include the weapon's ADS RRR too? [Also, could you provide an updated chart that included ADS RRR too?]
  • I've heard that the Boltshot receives a head-shot bonus multiplier so I assume that's why are there two TTKs indicated despite the trigger requirement to earn a kill being 4 pulls in both cases; however, what does that actually mean? I know it takes 9 bullets (3 trigger pulls) to pop a players shield, so is the head-shot multiplier strong enough that the weapon can kill an opponent on the first bullet within the fourth trigger pull if it strikes the head verses requiring all three bullets within that last trigger pull striking the body for the kill? [Just curious if you could provide clarification on that theory.]
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 80