2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 80
To be honest, I kinda liked this update, I love the feel of the BR, though I was disappointed by the major changes to the gunfighter magnum, I liked the ironside scope, and the smart-link doesn't feel right, mind you, I'm not against the 18 round magazine, and I really liked the speed increase with the sword. I hope the gunfighter mag goes back to the way it was
Really like the new changes over all. I was very skeptical about the weapon tuning during the test period. But i think the final tuning worked out very well.

I like how the BR feels now. And that they kept the magnum as a starter weapon.

The AR and the DMR did maybe get a bit over tuned, but its not that big of a deal.
To be honest, I kinda liked this update, I love the feel of the BR, though I was disappointed by the major changes to the gunfighter magnum, I liked the ironside scope, and the smart-link doesn't feel right, mind you, I'm not against the 18 round magazine, and I really liked the speed increase with the sword. I hope the gunfighter mag goes back to the way it was
Seriously??? Nothin says that I like the update like finishing 1 game out of 5 since the update. Try using the BR before you decide how much you love it.
ske7ch wrote:
Thanks everyone for all of the feedback so far - just letting you know that I (and the team) are reading each and every post. Obviously there's a lot to digest - some people love one thing, some people hate that same thing. Change overall is never easy, especially not after 2 years honing your skills on the original weapons. As the team sifts through feedback and data I'll be sure to share additional details pertaining to any additional iteration that may (or may not) be on the horizon. This is a process - the sandbox team is still closely monitoring.

I have a hard time understanding this post and all of its contradictions. It would seem you put out quite a lot of P.R. posts boasting how you are "digesting" and "Listening", But it begs the question: IF you are so focused on your community, Why not just put a pop up prompt that asks "Do you like the new BR? Press "B" for NO!, and "A" for yes. Wouldn't this save a lot of forum reading and verbal massaging? I mean, you guys spend countless hours reprogramming and doing all the numbers while boasting about how community focused you are, yet you say things like "any additional iteration that may (or may not) be on the horizon", What is this? some kind of ambiguous play on your hard core fans emotions? Im sure there is a voice in that thick Egocentric layer of 343 ether that says, "hey we do all these community updates, why not just look at the votes? put in a quick Vote on weather or not people like it and just post the percentages. I know you guys work hard and love this game, but lets drop the act here and see what the people say, Hey if my beloved Halo Brothers love this update so much, show me the numbers and I will diminish into the minority. Also, the 4k update looks insane on the Scorpio ( I got mine yesterday) I am shocked at its beauty, it is just a shame I have to use the BR on viking and that a 343 employee suggested to drop a few friends from my fire team to find a match better, Is that a solution? tell my team to play Rock, paper, scissors, and the loser has to go play with EXO? all those algorithms and fancy matchmaking math, where the quotient comes out to equal..... Tell a friend to kick rocks ?

Sincearly,

-Chantrocity

A gamer with over $5,000.00 invested in the franchise, Since it's inception.
I may be on the wrong thread here, but really the only issue I have with the update is that since I downloaded it, I’ve been dealing with unprecedented amounts of consistent lag. Some matches are nearly impossible to play (with teleportation, getting stuck in repeat loops, grenades not going off, picking up weapons that appear in your hands three steps later, getting booted from games, SHOTS NOT REGISTERING, etc.), but nearly all of them have had at least a mild amount of noticeable lag. This has never been the case before, and absolutely nothing has changed on my end. I’ve literally been playing Halo 5 exclusively (no other games) since about April of 2016, and I’m on nearly every day. Don’t worry, I’m still terrible, but the point of me mentioning it is that I’m absolutely certain that the server lag (at least at its current level) started in conjunction with the latest update. If f this is the wrong thread for this, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Why not just put a pop up prompt that asks "Do you like the new BR? Press "B" for NO!, and "A" for yes.
Because that doesnt give any insight as to why someone likes or dislikes a change. Its impossible to fix/adjust something without the feedback we give them.
Nooga wrote:
Why not just put a pop up prompt that asks "Do you like the new BR? Press "B" for NO!, and "A" for yes.
Because that doesnt give any insight as to why someone likes or dislikes a change. Its impossible to fix/adjust something without the feedback we give them.
Ok, So why not deepen the questionnaire? Would this be easier than "digesting" all of these subjective opinions? wouldn't Data supersede perception of opinions? Does the BR rate of fire need to be faster or slower? Does BTB take 20 min to match a game? answer is yes, btw. Some of the questionnaires for online opinion pulls pertaining to new products are vast and detailed in their data gathering because their products success in the open market depends on it. Remember when Coca Cola released "NEW Coke" ? yeah, it was a disaster, and now they spend billions of dollars on taste testing before they pump out a hot new terd of a flavor. Just an observation.
Monk E Boy wrote:
I may be on the wrong thread here, but really the only issue I have with the update is that since I downloaded it, I’ve been dealing with unprecedented amounts of consistent lag. Some matches are nearly impossible to play.
I had this same problem until My Project Scorpio Arrived, The problem is non existent on the new hardware. I am suspecting that there is a settings issue or stress on the old hardware.
Remember when Coca Cola released "NEW Coke" ?
I was born in 85 so i missed this one, plus Pepsi is better. But i agree that a survey with well thought out questions may be a good way to gather information but it cannot be the only option for feedback.
Nooga wrote:
Remember when Coca Cola released "NEW Coke" ?
I was born in 85 so i missed this one, plus Pepsi is better. But i agree that a survey with well thought out questions may be a good way to gather information but it cannot be the only option for feedback.
Agreed, I don't think abolishing the forums is the answer, Im just having an ambitious expectation of a software company, I guess.
Monk E Boy wrote:
I may be on the wrong thread here, but really the only issue I have with the update is that since I downloaded it, I’ve been dealing with unprecedented amounts of consistent lag. Some matches are nearly impossible to play (with teleportation, getting stuck in repeat loops, grenades not going off, picking up weapons that appear in your hands three steps later, getting booted from games, SHOTS NOT REGISTERING, etc.), but nearly all of them have had at least a mild amount of noticeable lag. This has never been the case before, and absolutely nothing has changed on my end. I’ve literally been playing Halo 5 exclusively (no other games) since about April of 2016, and I’m on nearly every day. Don’t worry, I’m still terrible, but the point of me mentioning it is that I’m absolutely certain that the server lag (at least at its current level) started in conjunction with the latest update. If f this is the wrong thread for this, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
The Halo 5 support forums would be the best place for support issues like this
I actually feel before the update the DMR was perfect and the assault rifle was a small bit underpowered and the gunfighter magnums new reticle took my favourite weapon and DESTROYED it (I know it’s not that big but my favourite weapon is now be one of my least favourite weapon) and finally the BR feels the same and it is still to overpowered and just feels wrong in every conceivable way.
In conclusion my opinion on this update is that halo 5 has went from pretty good multi player to meh multiplayer. I know most of you will probably disagree but this is my opinion all I would like is the gunfighter magnum and assault rifle to be improved and as always YOUR UPDATES ARE EXTREMELY UNNECERY
sincerely HurtfulShark991
As far as warzone is concerned I think dropping the Halo 2 br down to wreck level 3 would be a good start.
As far as warzone is concerned I think dropping the Halo 2 br down to wreck level 3 would be a good start.
I think 4 is a good place for it because of how strong it is.
Nooga wrote:
I think 4 is a good place for it because of how strong it is.
Dropping the Halo 2 BR down to level 3 would take up a lot of Slack that the now almost useless Halo 5 BR has left. I personally keep a pistol now until I hit Level 4 just so I can get the Halo 2 br because the Halo 5 BR is just useless and before this update I hardly ever used the Halo 2 BR
Is that a legit Bronze 4? How were you touching your BR before?
I'm very glad they changed the battle rifle. VERY glad! Out of all the weapons far as standard loadout weapons go, the Battle Rifle was the gun I found the strongest. I preferred it OP to be honest. The range and accuracy was insane! Not to mention the rate of fire. With the DMR, I could get 4 headshots within the time a BR user would kill me! So yeah, very happy they tuned that! :) The DMR, really the only complaint I have with it is how the rate of fire has been reduced. I can see how it could have been OP but I found it fair when the BR wasn't tuned. I have no issues with the range of the DMR at this state. The rate of fire is the only thing I dislike about it. The Assault Rifle still feels the same to me. I've read the changes but I havn't been feeling any changes. So it's still a good weapon to use in my opinion. That's all I have to say about the changes right now. I
have to get back into war. -Darthwolf12000 P.S. Good job on the changes 343! And I'm happy you guys brought back Oddball!
I'm very glad they changed the battle rifle. VERY glad! Out of all the weapons far as standard loadout weapons go, the Battle Rifle was the gun I found the strongest. I
How do you know the BR was OP?
343 should increase the fire rate for the DMR because I think that it is too slow.
I'm going real for a moment, this update has split the community in a way mcc only dreams of. I'm on the side that hates this update and thinks the br has been ruined.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 80