2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 80
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
OF COURSE THEY ARE USING IT AS A PRE BETA FOR HALO 6!!!

Why would they change the game now? there is no profit in doing so besides research. What do you think? The tooth fairy gives them money because you are playing the 2 year old game?

Get real. there is no profit for 343 to update right now. They are looking at what to do for 6. Use your brain and don't just comment how much 343 has "ruined your game" Give real feedback. Use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all.

Everybody who says "I'm gonna go play COD."
GO! Yours is not the opinion that they need.

Besides...You will be back for 6. That is when they need the blind complainers. Thats when you matter. When you have to spend money.
Sorry but, f that. I won't get halo 6 if 343 actually do think like that. It's soulless just to think it's all about the money and not about loyalty. Plus if they want people to buy halo 6, they can't just piss off loyal players who've stuck with this game since launch. If a company thinks that's ok then I won't buy the sequel, simple as. Halo 5 was great, the changes are horrid, AR and BR are ineffective now, it's all pistols. We just needed new maps, not this.
I'd be willing to bet you do. Or your mommy and daddy will get it for you for Christmas.
Says 'use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all' - has played 0 games in any arena playlist this season. *slow clap* use your head before trolling people who actually do play the game.
I don't play arena. If that's what you like that's fine. I just don't. Don't pretend that the OT update just effected what you play. I have also played 8 more matches than you since the update. Weird...

Look, I don't disagree with everything that you have said. The "mommy and Daddy" comment was probably uncalled for.

I think we probably want the same thing here. Our game to work the way it should.
I'm blown away that people want a precision weapon with random spread as the starting weapon. I usually try to understand and appreciate everyone's opinion but that I just can't understand.

1v1 gunfights being won on a lottery system? Like btb is currently. I just don't see how it works for a shooter that is built to be as competitive as halo 5 is.

Before you guys ask for br starts in arena, this new br. Maybe ask some of the btb community their thoughts first. How is the br starting weapon working for them?

Ive been playing mostly slayer and ffa. I've been playing these modes to escape the br. While some guys are trying to get that crappy br in arena as a starting weapon many btb players are dreaming how much better pistol starts in btb would be than what we have now.
Couldn't agree more. I've never been this disappointed in a weapon before in ANY halo game until this new BR. I've never been so frustrated with a weapon like I am with the br right now. And I've been playing halo since CE.

I would much rather start with a pistol in btb than a br, because it's completely random and useless and very unreliable.

I never thought I'd say that about a HALO battle rifle. Really quite disappointing from a veteran halo player.
I have played enough games since the Overtime update came, and here are my thoughts and feedback.

AR:
Like most of the changes they’ve made, except for the following:
“The headshot damage multiplier bonus has been increased by approx. 200%.”
I understand the goal was to reward the better player who landed headshots. However, the bonus percentage was overly increased as a “reward”. This change changes the role of this weapon, instead of being an automatic weapon with a decent damage; it is now a precision, “finishing off” weapon. (12 shots to take out shields + literally 1 headshot to kill = 13 shot kill). Literally you could overcharge a plasma pistol to take out enemy’s shields and headshot the enemy with an AR. Something auto rifles should not do.

SUGGESTION:
A:
Reduce headshot damage multiplier bonus percentage in a way the weapon kills in 16 shots (12 shots to shields + 4 headshots to kill). This way you are still achieving the current goal, but not making the Weapon feel cheap or overpowered. (Regarding the plasma pistol + AR combo example earlier).

B:
REMOVE headshot bonuses and Increase its base damage per bullet in a way it kills in 16 shots (8 shots to shield + 8 shots to kill).
This way the AR will be a decent auto weapon with no need of headshot rewards and with all the recent changes made in this update it will make the AR also excel in the hands of the better player who manages to stay on target rather than who manages to land headshots.

Slightly reduce RRR. This way the AR does not excel in longer ranges.

BR:
BR vs Magnum
I like the most of the changes with this weapon. It feels like a BR from the past Halos. However, its rate of fire/rounds-per-second and range compared to other weapons, specially the magnum, makes the BR not a VIABLE choice to go with, which it should be the opposite. The magnum’s rate of fire and range beats the BR, although both weapons have a similar TTK.

SUGGESTION:
Slightly increase BR’s rate of fire / rounds-per-second recent percentage (50%) in a way this weapon has a slight faster TTK than the magnum. This way players would be a lot more encouraged to swap the magnum with a BR.
In addition, slightly increase BR’s red reticle range, in a way it has a similar range as the magnum. Another, yet, better option would be decrease the magnum’s RRR in a way its similar as the BR.

DMR:
I like all the changes. I don’t think it needs any changes. However, if you are taking the BR’s rate of fire feedback I just gave. It would be best to increase DMR’s rate of fire to be equidistant to the BR.
Also, I think a better option for this weapon to be less effective in CQC was to also make the DMR a 3-shot melee (like in Reach/H4).

GUNFIGHTER MAGNUM:
The only problem I have with this weapon is its random “going up inclined to the right“ recoil, when it is fired fast. Making, in my point of view, the weapon have a less controlled recoil.

SUGGESTION:
Make a more predictable/controllable recoil. (Make the recoil go upwards)

SPLINTER GRENADES:
I am fine with the changes they have made, with the decrease damage in initial explosion. However, it still feels like a “pie in the face”, stayed by Quinn Del Hoyo. I do not think this part in the tuning was necessary:
“the damage the sub-munitions (the splinters) can inflict on a target has been increased by approximately the same amount.” (77%)

SUGGESTION:
Decrease Sub-munitions’ (splinters) damage to its original percentage.
The splinter grenade’s Sub-munition damage was good enough in the past. Increasing it, makes it still feel like an insta-kill, “pie in the face” type of Grenade.
This grenade’s purpose is to be an “area of denial”, in other words, “you go through that area, you die”. The increase damage in its sub-munition, makes its purpose to be “you touch me, you die”. Having its damage back the way it is, makes the grenade a perfect “area of denial” tool: you take “A LOT” of damage if you touch it and you die if you GO THROUGH IT.

ACTIVE CAMO:
Good goals for this power-up:
“Make Active Camo visual effect a little more effective, especially when moving.”
However, the changes made it too overpowered. Basically, you can’t even detect the enemy with camo.

SUGGESTION:
Keep the improved invisibility graphical effect, but make it at least we are able to detect the user’s gamertag. (If you see him/her moving)
Right now, Camo is basically undetectable: you cannot see the user on radar nor on the screen (literally you can’t even see it, pass through)
Making the user be detected by showing its gamertag on the screen can give the player in the enemy team a better knowledge that the camo user’s presence is around. However, the player won’t have any aim assist, red reticle range, magnetism or any of those privileges. Making the camo user harder to shoot at the beginning, until the user gets shot or decides to do an action that takes him out of camo.

Before I finish this feedback, I would like to give suggestion for other weapons that I think (and most -not mentioning all- the Halo community) those MUST have been tweaked in this update: Storm Rifle and Brute Plasma Rifle.

STORM RIFLE:
I do not understand very well what is the purpose of this weapon. I guess, to be an auto rifle that can deplete shields faster and kill faster than the other rifles; which this is the case here, as it has only changed from Tier 1 to Tier 2 type of weapon. However, its exaggerated damage (Literally it is 6 shots to kill) makes it TOO powerful to even be a Tier 2.

SUGGESTION:
Decrease its damage per bullet percentage in a way it kills faster than the most autos but not faster than any other rifle. (Make it a 10 or 12 shot kill)
Slightly decrease projectile speed.
This way it can excel in mid/close range (like any other auto) but TTK will increase in longer ranges because of its slightly slower projectiles.

BRUTE PLASMA RIFLE:
This weapon’s goal I guess is similar as the Storm Rifle, but it should not kill as fast as its counterpart. However, this weapon is really accurate in long ranges, which it shouldn’t be like that. In other words, Red reticle range feels like is not needed because of its projectile grouping is too tight; making this weapon DESTROY shields outside of its range.

SUGGESTION:
Widen up the spread (decrease bullet grouping percentage) and decrease percentage of bullet magnetism (curving bullets).
This way the weapon won’t be too effective in longer ranges.
Decrease damage to take out shields. Increase non-shield damage.
Right now, the Brute Plasma Rifle takes 4 shots to take out shields and 8 to kill. By decreasing the shield damage in a way it takes out shields and increasing the damage to kill the enemy; you can make the Brute Plasma Rifle to not destroy shields too fast, but still be an effective “shield destroyer” weapon. (6 shots to take out shields. 6 shots to kill = 12 shot kill)

(OPTIONAL)
SUPPRESSOR:
With all of this changes on the AR and the SMG, this weapon still feels useless in Arena. Probably, because it’s not a consistent auto (like the AR and SMG) and not an overpowered auto (like the Storm Rifle and Brute Plasma Rifle).
I feel this weapon should receive a slight buff to be on par with the other autos, but not be better than the precision rifles.

SUGGESTION:
Slightly increase its projectile speed. (Not faster than the Song of Peace)
This way, the suppressor can be a lot more effective in medium to close range against the other autos.

Hope this feedback helps to make further changes as fast as possible.

Why would they change the game now? there is no profit in doing so besides research. What do you think? The tooth fairy gives them money because you are playing the 2 year old game?

Get real. there is no profit for 343 to update right now. They are looking at what to do for 6. Use your brain and don't just comment how much 343 has "ruined your game" Give real feedback. Use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all.

Besides...You will be back for 6. That is when they need the blind complainers. Thats when you matter. When you have to spend money.
Sorry but, f that. I won't get halo 6 if 343 actually do think like that. It's soulless just to think it's all about the money and not about loyalty. Plus if they want people to buy halo 6, they can't just piss off loyal players who've stuck with this game since launch. If a company thinks that's ok then I won't buy the sequel, simple as. Halo 5 was great, the changes are horrid, AR and BR are ineffective now, it's all pistols. We just needed new maps, not this.
I'd be willing to bet you do. Or your mommy and daddy will get it for you for Christmas.
Says 'use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all' - has played 0 games in any arena playlist this season. *slow clap* use your head before trolling people who actually do play the game.
Did I hurt your feelings? I don't play arena. If that's what you like that's fine. I just don't. Don't pretend that the OT update just effected what you play. I have also played 8 more matches than you since the update. Weird...
In other words you play casual game types. Given that this weapon update was made with the intention of balancing COMPETITIVE play, how can you actually say anything to those of us who've played these weapons in competitive playlists? You can't. You don't even play competitive gameplay, so I suggest you give your feedback and keep shtum about those of us who play competitively and feel like this update isn't delivering on its intended purpose.

And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. You seem to be quite an annoying individual, but that's your goal. Again, trying to annoy people online is truly pathetic. Run along now.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

Spoiler:
Show
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Mykul Man wrote:
Haters gonna hate. Halo 5 multiplayer is still at a peak for the whole series, in my opinion, and I played each and every Halo FPS on line until the next one superceded the previous.
“Still at a peak”?????? Where in the heck are you pulling this data from?!?!!! It bothers me when people use their personal feelings as ‘fact’.

Dude. Read the forums. How many times (since this horrible update) have you read that finding games have taken considerably longer to find? How many times have you personally experienced being booted back to the lobby because there wasn’t enough players in a playlist to match with?

Halo 5 is not at a peak... People have moved on to play better games. Where is the population counter? Why was it removed?
he's refering to the gameplay not population

I would never threaten Halo to ditch really....especially not for COD spacecamp wall walkers. To be honest I have found positives in every version of Halo just some more than others. I think the climb back was real for H5 MP in comparison to H4. Equal start ups are FPS purity. Some FPS's sell out and try to make people feel special with hour plowing gear bonuses so the unemployed have shiny gaming palaces and a gear or in game edge over the more limited. The hours they plow in game give them some separation typically...so why need anything else? Equal starts is what separates true FPS ability...no excuses just game. My criticisms have a painting in the background that shows love. We also have to step back and realize sequels in general have to live up to something that is difficult and/or impossible. Some have spoken about the amazing Temple that was Halo 2 with NO MP issues! But fail to remember modded maps, Standbying teams cheating their way to 50, Map packs dividing the community, etc. But I will take those bad moments because there were WAY more good ones. H5 has made significant progress over Reach/H4/MCC on the MP side. The most recent weapon tuning in general though is one of the head scratchers for sure. One thing to keep in mind when the community is overall silent but still playing the game....it means they are happy for the most part. So don't crash on people that may not have posted in a year on Waypoint... most didn't have a reason until now...because they were mostly happy the way things were.
I'm blown away that people want a precision weapon with random spread as the starting weapon. I usually try to understand and appreciate everyone's opinion but that I just can't understand.

1v1 gunfights being won on a lottery system? Like btb is currently. I just don't see how it works for a shooter that is built to be as competitive as halo 5 is.

Before you guys ask for br starts in arena, this new br. Maybe ask some of the btb community their thoughts first. How is the br starting weapon working for them?

Ive been playing mostly slayer and ffa. I've been playing these modes to escape the br. While some guys are trying to get that crappy br in arena as a starting weapon many btb players are dreaming how much better pistol starts in btb would be than what we have now.
Couldn't agree more. I've never been this disappointed in a weapon before in ANY halo game until this new BR. I've never been so frustrated with a weapon like I am with the br right now. And I've been playing halo since CE.

I would much rather start with a pistol in btb than a br, because it's completely random and useless and very unreliable.

I never thought I'd say that about a HALO battle rifle. Really quite disappointing from a veteran halo player.
Trust me I don't like this new BR but I can't say what you said because it isn't the truth. We were popping planets with the Halo CE pistol and we were like "What you can duel wield the new pistol in H2 HEYOOOO!...because they turned them into cap guns and the BR now was the ruler of the universe (Which was an awesome thing in hindsite). You must not have been present when H4 launched. That BR was a trash compactor and the DMR ruled the 1st few months. Then the BR was fixed and all was a bit better. Every version there has been some sort of quirky issue. That is partly what makes the weapon tuning more troublesome because the overall set of weaponry in H5 was pretty amazing. Especially once they cleaned up the H5 pistol registration and allowed you to control your deadzones.

Did I hurt your feelings? I don't play arena. If that's what you like that's fine. I just don't. Don't pretend that the OT update just effected what you play. I have also played 8 more matches than you since the update. Weird...
In other words you play casual game types. Given that this weapon update was made with the intention of balancing COMPETITIVE play, how can you actually say anything to those of us who've played these weapons in competitive playlists? You can't. You don't even play competitive gameplay, so I suggest you give your feedback and keep shtum about those of us who play competitively and feel like this update isn't delivering on its intended purpose.

And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. You seem to be quite an annoying individual, but that's your goal. Again, trying to annoy people online is truly pathetic. Run along now.
So his opinion doesn't matter since he doesn't play competitive game types that's an interesting argument . In my opinion the update was fine for Arena it didn't affect it to much but for those of us who enjoy multiple aspects of the game such as warzone and BTB the update was more noticeable which you would understand if you played more than just Arena.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Given that this weapon update was made with the intention of balancing COMPETITIVE play...
They never specifically said, "...for competitive play." So you need to adjust your thinking there a little bit. It was about balance, and "revitalizing" the sandbox. If it was just about competitive play then why have these changes affect campaign?
I rarely use the Br, and the other changes seem insignificant to me. The only thing I've noticed that really bothers me is that I'm getting matched with a lot better players than I used to, and that has nothing to do with the update, except maybe meaning most casual players have gone on to other games in light of changes.
I've never been this disappointed in a weapon before in ANY halo game until this new BR. I've never been so frustrated with a weapon like I am with the br right now. And I've been playing halo since CE.

Umm... what about the Halo 3 BR and the majority of Halo: Reach weapons (particularly the precision weapons) prior to the Title Update? Neither of those things frustrated you more? You said you've been playing since Combat Evolved, right?

The Halo 3 BR is certainly less reliable than this re-tuned H5BR as well as every Halo Reach precision weapon -- at least prior to that game's Title Update being fully implemented (18 months after Reach released).
Am i the only one who hates this weapon update? The BR, AR, Carbine, and GL were fine before. Assault Rifle is garbage now. 200%headshot multiplier. What the -Yoink-!? This isnt a precision weapon. Headshots arent the role. And the BR feels like h3. I hated h3. Worst BR ever. Give me the h2 style back to arena play and we good. Carbine is weak as hell. And gl is worthless now. Thanks 343 😂🤞👊👋🖕
I rarely use the Br, and the other changes seem insignificant to me. The only thing I've noticed that really bothers me is that I'm getting matched with a lot better players than I used to, and that has nothing to do with the update, except maybe meaning most casual players have gone on to other games in light of changes.
They placed a stricter matchmaking that attempts to produce more 50/50 matches than in the past....at least on the Social WZ and Social Arena side. So the Matchmaking and Waepon Tuning are 2 separate challenges and are mutually exclusive. However I have seen more long time Halo dudes on Fortnite, Destiny 2, and COD WW2. Much of the feedback I have received from them is due to the weapon tuning and/or matchmaking lag (or failure to get a game). Now that we have a more full understanding of Matchmaking we have a chance to pull some guys back to Halo in that regard but the broken BR has some really upset.
They placed a stricter matchmaking that attempts to produce more 50/50 matches than in the past....at least on the Social WZ and Social Arena side. So the Matchmaking and Waepon Tuning are 2 separate challenges and are mutually exclusive. However I have seen more long time Halo dudes on Fortnite, Destiny 2, and COD WW2. Much of the feedback I have received from them is due to the weapon tuning and/or matchmaking lag (or failure to get a game). Now that we have a more full understanding of Matchmaking we have a chance to pull some guys back to Halo in that regard but the broken BR has some really upset.
Quick correction: social matchmaking (at least in BTB) allows for up to a 70/30 win chance between two teams. It will start out looking for a match that either team has an equal chance to win, but after enough time goes by it allows the odds to change up to 70/30. This is for the sake of balancing fair games with allowing high skilled players to find games; it's the line they decided to draw (at least for BTB).

Ranked is stricter, though by how much I don't remember.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait, you mean to tell me that everyone in Warzone is doing exactly the same thing they were doing before the update? Because you just described typical Warzone play.
Yes of course you are correct,but now everyone is doing it all the time. Before the update you had a few people playing that way...its obvious by the post game stats......very few people are getting high BR kills because they are not using them.....hell i hate using ghost and banshees but i had to jump on the bandwagon to try and win the game....maybe i should have been more clear.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait, you mean to tell me that everyone in Warzone is doing exactly the same thing they were doing before the update? Because you just described typical Warzone play.
Yes of course you are correct,but now everyone is doing it all the time. Before the update you had a few people playing that way...its obvious by the post game stats......very few people are getting high BR kills because they are not using them.....hell i hate using ghost and banshees but i had to jump on the bandwagon to try and win the game....maybe i should have been more clear.
I wish I would have played in the kinds of games you seemingly played in most often before the update. My experience has been the opposite. The kind of gameplay you describe as having changed so drastically in Warzone after the update is the same kind of gameplay I've been playing since long before the update hit. The flow of the game proceeds exactly as it did before the update. So you'll have to forgive me for not believing that the update has affected Warzone as much as you seem to believe.
Chimera30 wrote:
Quick correction: social matchmaking (at least in BTB) allows for up to a 70/30 win chance between two teams. It will start out looking for a match that either team has an equal chance to win, but after enough time goes by it allows the odds to change up to 70/30. This is for the sake of balancing fair games with allowing high skilled players to find games; it's the line they decided to draw (at least for BTB).

Ranked is stricter, though by how much I don't remember.
Good to know. I appreciate the idea, but my matches have gotten more and more sweaty, which is kinda a pain in a recreational playlist.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 80