2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 37
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
First of all let me spell out what happened in this exchange.
...you played into his hands with that response.
Hate to tell you but after reading that whole, long explanation it was more about you playing into it. Next time just report and move on.

the primary reason for changing the AR was given because a diamond player with an AR could outgun a champion with a magnum at close-mid range.
Also, here you are a little off in the reasoning. It wasn't about a Diamond beating out a Champion, but two evenly ranked players and the winner wasn't about skill but luck. I don't have the exact quote, but that was explained by Quinn in the stream and Tashi in a blog. I will look for it and post it when I do.
Played some more tonight and while I've gotten a bit more used it the problems still stand, plus more issues that have come to mind.

A recap of my initial criticism of the update :

the AR is mostly redundant, its main use now is for clearing up one shots. To me this is a terrible idea and I'll say it again - my old playstyle has literally no place in this game. The AR was my tool of destruction tonight, but don't let that fool you 343 it's because I was using it in a very unskilled manner, point it at one shots where I'd used to have to put effort in and use my pistol. The weapon is now mostly useless apart from that though.

It's all about the pistol now, like I previously said, basically no diversity of play. The game is worse off for it.

Onto the problems that arose tonight -

Playing on torque and the sword was absurdly powerful. In the past an SMG or a splinter nade were the only things that could combat the sword - now they can't. Which brings out the flaw that others have pointed out - once you start making weapons weaker, to keep it balanced, you have to weaken the other weapons.

This attempt to 'balance' the game has ironically made it unbalanced and much more two dimensional in the types of encounters you have.

I've uninstalled the game tonight 343. Maybe I'll be back, but you've lost a level 146 who probably wouldn't have stopped playing for a long time if this changes were never implemented.

The question is - what's the point in even having an Xbox if halo is now a subpar game? Very little point. If I don't pick up halo again I'll strongly consider selling my Xbox for a PlayStation in the future. At least I can take advantage of some great single player titles i missed out on just to play halo because I enjoyed it so much. What an absolute shame you have to ruin the game like this for players who must just be too -Yoink- for halo now, after two years of playing the game. Thanks a lot.
OF COURSE THEY ARE USING IT AS A PRE BETA FOR HALO 6!!!

Why would they change the game now? there is no profit in doing so besides research. What do you think? The tooth fairy gives them money because you are playing the 2 year old game?

Get real. there is no profit for 343 to update right now. They are looking at what to do for 6. Use your brain and don't just comment how much 343 has "ruined your game" Give real feedback. Use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all.

Everybody who says "I'm gonna go play COD."
GO! Yours is not the opinion that they need.

Besides...You will be back for 6. That is when they need the blind complainers. Thats when you matter. When you have to spend
Well that does not make alot of sense....if they are using this to get feedback for halo six why not use the info they gathered during the weapon tuning beta.they had all the info, stats and feedback from players who participated. they did not have to implement the changes in the final game 2 years later.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
First of all let me spell out what happened in this exchange.
...you played into his hands with that response.
Hate to tell you but after reading that whole, long explanation it was more about you playing into it. Next time just report and move on.

the primary reason for changing the AR was given because a diamond player with an AR could outgun a champion with a magnum at close-mid range.
Also, here you are a little off in the reasoning. It wasn't about a Diamond beating out a Champion, but two evenly ranked players and the winner wasn't about skill but luck. I don't have the exact quote, but that was explained by Quinn in the stream and Tashi in a blog. I will look for it and post it when I do.
Well either way, using competitive ranks to demonstrate why they changed the AR makes it seem like they definitely changed it in an aim to make the ranked games more competitive. Seems pretty logical to me. But it turns out that there basically are no AR v AR fights anymore, because it's such a bag of -Yoink- that nobody uses it. It's all the pistol and I don't like it. People who used the AR are obviously being phased out after 2 years, so -Yoink- that. I'm out. People might say good riddance but I've put a hell of a lot of time into this game, 2 years in matchmaking 1 year in forge (level 146 with many, many hours in forge that you don't get XP for), but this hasn't revitalised the game for me. Competitive games can be pretty damn frustrating at times, but I put up with it with halo because I knew I'd have good days and interesting fights/encounters that made it fun. Now it's just the pistol and you hoover up one shots with the AR. It's two dimensional af and I cba putting up with the frustration of having my play style thrown out the window and having to relearn the game after 2 years, so I'm putting halo down for a while. Maybe completely. I'll have to see.

Why would they change the game now? there is no profit in doing so besides research. What do you think? The tooth fairy gives them money because you are playing the 2 year old game?

Get real. there is no profit for 343 to update right now. They are looking at what to do for 6. Use your brain and don't just comment how much 343 has "ruined your game" Give real feedback. Use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all.

Besides...You will be back for 6. That is when they need the blind complainers. Thats when you matter. When you have to spend
Well that does not make alot of sense....if they are using this to get feedback for halo six why not use the info they gathered during the weapon tuning beta.they had all the info, stats and feedback from players who participated. they did not have to implement the changes in the final game 2 years later.
I think that I’m wrong. Probably is just what it seems. Balancing the game. Or at least trying.
Honestly, I'm incredibly fed up with this update. There is no reason for a pistol to completely destroy someone with a BR at medium range. Like the BR is literally unusable. My playstyle has no place in this game now. Now I have to learn how to play this game all over again because you want to appease the masses. And don't give me that "Adapt" excuse. Nearly every season I've been at least High Diamond to Onyx. The game was fine to begin with.

Besides...You will be back for 6. That is when they need the blind complainers. Thats when you matter. When you have to spend money.
Sorry but, f that. I won't get halo 6 if 343 actually do think like that. It's soulless just to think it's all about the money and not about loyalty. Plus if they want people to buy halo 6, they can't just piss off loyal players who've stuck with this game since launch. If a company thinks that's ok then I won't buy the sequel, simple as. Halo 5 was great, the changes are horrid, AR and BR are ineffective now, it's all pistols. We just needed new maps, not this.
I'd be willing to bet you do. Or your mommy and daddy will get it for you for Christmas.
Says 'use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all' - has played 0 games in any arena playlist this season. *slow clap* use your head before trolling people who actually do play the game.
Did I hurt your feelings? I don't play arena. If that's what you like that's fine. I just don't. Don't pretend that the OT update just effected what you play. I have also played 8 more matches than you since the update. Weird...
In other words you play casual game types. Given that this weapon update was made with the intention of balancing COMPETITIVE play, how can you actually say anything to those of us who've played these weapons in competitive playlists? You can't. You don't even play competitive gameplay, so I suggest you give your feedback and keep shtum about those of us who play competitively and feel like this update isn't delivering on its intended purpose.

And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. You seem to be quite an annoying individual, but that's your goal. Again, trying to annoy people online is truly pathetic. Run along now.
So his opinion doesn't matter since he doesn't play competitive game types that's an interesting argument . In my opinion the update was fine for Arena it didn't affect it to much but for those of us who enjoy multiple aspects of the game such as warzone and BTB the update was more noticeable which you would understand if you played more than just Arena.
First of all let me spell out what happened in this exchange. The guy I was speaking to was the one saying other people's opinions are invalid in the first place! I respectfully disagreed with him, then he responded in an insulting way, basically trolling me. So I responded in kind and he said yet more disrespectful -Yoink-, so i left the comment that you're criticising/referring to in order to give him some him deserved -Yoink- back. Then he edited his last comment to make it look like he was the victim and he even messaged me to tell me/gloat about it. You can even see he's edited his comment from his quotes in my responses. And yet I'm the one getting -Yoink-.

You just played into the troll's hands.

Here's an explanation:
The reason I had a problem with the things he was saying is because his first comment said that 343 basically see us as cash cows and if we find the update that bad that we quit playing halo, then they shouldn't care about us because we won't earn them money. He basically implied that people criticising the update don't have valid opinions because they haven't played enough and that 343 shouldn't care about our opinions on the update because there's no money in it for them to cater to us.
That's a terrible message that he was putting over.

So I respectfully said sorry but that if 343 do value money over our loyalty as halo players then I don't want to buy halo 6.
The he said, "I'd be willing to bet you do. Or your mommy and daddy will get it for you for Christmas"

I'd been pretty respectful up until that point.
So I responded basically saying I don't appreciate the trolling and that it's terrible to value money over loyalty.

Then I noticed he hadn't played any arena, so I criticised him for saying our opinions are invalid because we haven't tested the weapons enough. Remember he was the one saying people's opinions aren't valid! So I called him out on it.

Then he replies with 'did I hurt your feelings?' and then says he doesn't play arena.
So I gave him some -Yoink- about not playing arena to get back at him for these below the belt comments. That's the comment you're criticising - the comment I made as a response to him trolling me, on a second instance in as many messages.

After that he edits his comment, messages me and says something like 'I edited my comment, who's flaming who now? ;)'.
In other words he tried to edit his comment to make me look like I was the one being a -Yoink-. And he achieved it. Thanks a lot for teaming up against me. I can happily provide a screenshot of that if you really like. He took out the 'did I hurt your feelings?' And added in some apologetic part to play the victim then messaged me to gloat and you fell for it.

Basic fact is I wasn't the one being a -Yoink- in this instance, I was just replying in kind to someone who was being pretty disrespectful to me. Go back to page 27 and look at the exchange, then look at my responses to him where you can see that he edited his comment. Guy was trolling me.

So so you can criticise me for being a bit of a -Yoink- to guy and saying his opinion doesn't count, but it was no worse than anything he'd already said to me as a matter of fact. He was being out of order and you've picked the wrong fight here, because he deserved criticism. I was putting the guy down anyway way I could because he was being an utter -Yoink- towards me.

In regard to your comment - obviously the update affected every element of the game. However, the primary reason for changing the AR was given because a diamond player with an AR could outgun a champion with a magnum at close-mid range. Given that, it seems very much like this update was driven by desires to even out competitive play.
I'd never say someone's opinions are invalid. His opinions are valid on the playlists he plays, but HE was the one trying to say other people's opinions are invalid and was also being pretty insulting, so I replied with an insult back and he edited his comment to make himself look like the victim

Again you played into his hands with that response.

And for the the record, I don't only play arena, I play quite a lot of customs and I forge too.

You know what though? I don't need to prove myself or justify why i said what I did. Go and read what was said or else you're the one in the wrong here.

F*ck getting trolled and then getting criticised for replying back to the guy. Totally undeserved.
I had edited my comment because I decided that it was out of line. Really had nothing to do with you. Then I pm you so I would let you know that I had edited it. Then you just keep going. It does look like your the one with issues. Get over yourself.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait, you mean to tell me that everyone in Warzone is doing exactly the same thing they were doing before the update? Because you just described typical Warzone play.
Yes of course you are correct,but now everyone is doing it all the time. Before the update you had a few people playing that way...its obvious by the post game stats......very few people are getting high BR kills because they are not using them.....hell i hate using ghost and banshees but i had to jump on the bandwagon to try and win the game....maybe i should have been more clear.
I wish I would have played in the kinds of games you seemingly played in most often before the update. My experience has been the opposite. The kind of gameplay you describe as having changed so drastically in Warzone after the update is the same kind of gameplay I've been playing since long before the update hit. The flow of the game proceeds exactly as it did before the update. So you'll have to forgive me for not believing that the update has affected Warzone as much as you seem to believe.
Sir the flow of the game does not proceed the same if it did we would not be having this discussion.there would be no complaints.... i just finish a game a few minutes ago...i did pretty good. I got 9 battle rifle kills 37 kills total...i usually get 25 BR kills plus per game. Most of my kills came from power weapon pickups. I died from rocket lauchers grenade launchers,swords and banshees....a few pistol and battle rifle deaths......now lets be honest im not saying everyone has always played the way i mentioned earlier....i played a bunch of games prior to this update.....where most people were using pistols,battle rifles, carbines a banshee here and there and thats it. Most players will have a default weapon as there tool of destruction in the post game stats..i look at the stats and i can tell you the BR is not the weapon of choice.now there are many games where all the cheap cheesy things do play out.i have played enough halo to know that the game has changed.the tactics and weapon choicesp have changed....you cant honestly tell me that you have not notices a significant increase in halo 2 battle rifles,increase in ghost banshees,phaetons and power weapons...i have engaged countless enemies who default weapon is either a halo2 br,or a power weapon....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
AFS Bael wrote:
Honestly, I'm incredibly fed up with this update. There is no reason for a pistol to completely destroy someone with a BR at medium range. Like the BR is literally unusable. My playstyle has no place in this game now. Now I have to learn how to play this game all over again because you want to appease the masses. And don't give me that "Adapt" excuse. Nearly every season I've been at least High Diamond to Onyx. The game was fine to begin with.
I toally agree... i was so heavily invested in learning and perfecting the weapons that i dont want to start over.....its funny you have people on here who have the balls to say the game has not changed and the update is great...make me wanna throw up.you dont update a game like this two years later.the people that are left playing are the ones who support your game. 343 make it seems as if halo 5 is flying off the store shelves 2 years later.as if new players are flooding in buying the game...lol delusional...the day one players keep this game alive plain and simple.....so change the game back, apologize and give us new maps and we will love you again.
AFS Bael wrote:
Totally agreed and another person who feels like they're being pushed out of the frame. It's hard to find the desire to adapt to a two year old game. I uninstalled tonight. What a shame this update is.
I find myself using the BR a bit more than the pistol now. Maybe give it some more time or practice.
LethalQ wrote:
AFS Bael wrote:
Totally agreed and another person who feels like they're being pushed out of the frame. It's hard to find the desire to adapt to a two year old game. I uninstalled tonight. What a shame this update is.
I find myself using the BR a bit more than the pistol now. Maybe give it some more time or practice.
Really how I'm feeling. And I'm a Diehard Halo player. Muscle memory is -Yoinked!- all the way up.
AFS Bael wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
AFS Bael wrote:
Really how I'm feeling. And I'm a Diehard Halo player. Muscle memory is -Yoinked!- all the way up.
I'm trying rn
AFS Bael wrote:
I am really trying to sympathize here, but I really don't understand why changing things up is that much of a drastic issue. I haven't played in a couple of days so maybe things have changed a bit, but the last time I played there was way more variety than players are reporting here.

I think this is a huge over dramatization of what has happened to the game, and then to uninstall before the changes have been solidified cements the drama. It's too late now, but in the future you might really want to give change a little more of a chance.
I hate this update but dammit im a true halo player and I'll become a god AGAIN.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
AFS Bael wrote:
I hate this update but dammit im a true halo player and I'll become a god AGAIN.
See there you go! That is the kind of attitude to have. Good luck. A Diamond Onyx should have no problem.

Besides...You will be back for 6. That is when they need the blind complainers. Thats when you matter. When you have to spend money.
Sorry but, f that. I won't get halo 6 if 343 actually do think like that. It's soulless just to think it's all about the money and not about loyalty. Plus if they want people to buy halo 6, they can't just piss off loyal players who've stuck with this game since launch. If a company thinks that's ok then I won't buy the sequel, simple as. Halo 5 was great, the changes are horrid, AR and BR are ineffective now, it's all pistols. We just needed new maps, not this.
I'd be willing to bet you do. Or your mommy and daddy will get it for you for Christmas.
Says 'use the weapon and play the game before you think your opinion matters at all' - has played 0 games in any arena playlist this season. *slow clap* use your head before trolling people who actually do play the game.
Did I hurt your feelings? I don't play arena. If that's what you like that's fine. I just don't. Don't pretend that the OT update just effected what you play. I have also played 8 more matches than you since the update. Weird...
In other words you play casual game types. Given that this weapon update was made with the intention of balancing COMPETITIVE play, how can you actually say anything to those of us who've played these weapons in competitive playlists? You can't. You don't even play competitive gameplay, so I suggest you give your feedback and keep shtum about those of us who play competitively and feel like this update isn't delivering on its intended purpose.

And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. You seem to be quite an annoying individual, but that's your goal. Again, trying to annoy people online is truly pathetic. Run along now.
So his opinion doesn't matter since he doesn't play competitive game types that's an interesting argument . In my opinion the update was fine for Arena it didn't affect it to much but for those of us who enjoy multiple aspects of the game such as warzone and BTB the update was more noticeable which you would understand if you played more than just Arena.
First of all let me spell out what happened in this exchange. The guy I was speaking to was the one saying other people's opinions are invalid in the first place! I respectfully disagreed with him, then he responded in an insulting way, basically trolling me. So I responded in kind and he said yet more disrespectful -Yoink-, so i left the comment that you're criticising/referring to in order to give him some him deserved -Yoink- back. Then he edited his last comment to make it look like he was the victim and he even messaged me to tell me/gloat about it. You can even see he's edited his comment from his quotes in my responses. And yet I'm the one getting -Yoink-.

You just played into the troll's hands.

Here's an explanation:
The reason I had a problem with the things he was saying is because his first comment said that 343 basically see us as cash cows and if we find the update that bad that we quit playing halo, then they shouldn't care about us because we won't earn them money. He basically implied that people criticising the update don't have valid opinions because they haven't played enough and that 343 shouldn't care about our opinions on the update because there's no money in it for them to cater to us.
That's a terrible message that he was putting over.

So I respectfully said sorry but that if 343 do value money over our loyalty as halo players then I don't want to buy halo 6.
The he said, "I'd be willing to bet you do. Or your mommy and daddy will get it for you for Christmas"

I'd been pretty respectful up until that point.
So I responded basically saying I don't appreciate the trolling and that it's terrible to value money over loyalty.

Then I noticed he hadn't played any arena, so I criticised him for saying our opinions are invalid because we haven't tested the weapons enough. Remember he was the one saying people's opinions aren't valid! So I called him out on it.

Then he replies with 'did I hurt your feelings?' and then says he doesn't play arena.
So I gave him some -Yoink- about not playing arena to get back at him for these below the belt comments. That's the comment you're criticising - the comment I made as a response to him trolling me, on a second instance in as many messages.

After that he edits his comment, messages me and says something like 'I edited my comment, who's flaming who now? ;)'.
In other words he tried to edit his comment to make me look like I was the one being a -Yoink-. And he achieved it. Thanks a lot for teaming up against me. I can happily provide a screenshot of that if you really like. He took out the 'did I hurt your feelings?' And added in some apologetic part to play the victim then messaged me to gloat and you fell for it.

Basic fact is I wasn't the one being a -Yoink- in this instance, I was just replying in kind to someone who was being pretty disrespectful to me. Go back to page 27 and look at the exchange, then look at my responses to him where you can see that he edited his comment. Guy was trolling me.

So so you can criticise me for being a bit of a -Yoink- to guy and saying his opinion doesn't count, but it was no worse than anything he'd already said to me as a matter of fact. He was being out of order and you've picked the wrong fight here, because he deserved criticism. I was putting the guy down anyway way I could because he was being an utter -Yoink- towards me.

In regard to your comment - obviously the update affected every element of the game. However, the primary reason for changing the AR was given because a diamond player with an AR could outgun a champion with a magnum at close-mid range. Given that, it seems very much like this update was driven by desires to even out competitive play.
I'd never say someone's opinions are invalid. His opinions are valid on the playlists he plays, but HE was the one trying to say other people's opinions are invalid and was also being pretty insulting, so I replied with an insult back and he edited his comment to make himself look like the victim

Again you played into his hands with that response.

And for the the record, I don't only play arena, I play quite a lot of customs and I forge too.

You know what though? I don't need to prove myself or justify why i said what I did. Go and read what was said or else you're the one in the wrong here.

F*ck getting trolled and then getting criticised for replying back to the guy. Totally undeserved.
I don't think someone not agreeing with you qualifies as trolling you you're allowed to have your opinion he's allowed to have his doesn't mean either one of you were trolling
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 37