2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 80
The changes to the BR are good, but now the Magnum should be tweaked to have shorter RRR.
Awesome! I'm so excited!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Lets see how the railgun will be
nameless order,ok now it is getting ridicuous because the are updating the Br again so now we have have to wait a whole day just to get that fixed so they make the Br bad after halo 4 and made bad so are they just going to make it more bad?If you want to join my spartan company if will accept anyone who gives me their gamertag and get you in.
All they changed was the BR.........ugh........whatever.
I think the normal br is good now but trying to shoot a scoped br zoomed in is about impossible for me. The screen jumps so much it was giving me motion sickness. The normal br does not do that even zoomed in but the magnification with the scoped ones moves so much it’s unplayable for me.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
yes, and as much as i appreciate the nostalgia. it's very dated. halo 2 aged better than 3. and every new addition to the playlist will be popular. that's the appeal. if you can't separate your nostalgia and objectivity, any points you may have are invalid because you can't seem to get your nostalgia goggles off. you are delusional. and they have been listening to everyone. have you seen the new BR lately? its just like halo 3's BR. which was the worst iteration of the BR in halo history, even halo 4's BR was more adequate than H3's. if halo 3 fanboys love halo 3 so much, why is no one playing the halo 3? servers are up so there is no excuse why halo 3 is almost barren.
Well I don't have nostalgia glasses for H3 because I mainly only played it in MCC. I didn't think the playlist was dated at all. My opinion about why people aren't playing H3 is as good as your opinion about thinking 343 are only listening to H3 people. It's only assumptions and not based on facts. Anyway, I think we both agree that the BR needs work, but I don't agree that it's because 343 is trying to replicate H3 specifically.
sorry but you're wrong, it's exactly the reason why the BR changed. if you look back at their message on what changed, they specifically stated that they were trying to make the BR more like H3 BR. look it up, it;s still there.
Yet the BR is nothing like the H3 one. Heck even the one from Halo 3 is way better than the Halo 5 one. The one on Halo 5 is completely useless and can't even be compared to the one from Halo 3. If they were smart they would have made the BR have less aim assist and that's all they needed to do to it.
it is. it's almost like the halo 3 BR. it is only slightly better because it has less random bullet spread. Halo 3 had the worst BR iteration in the franchise. the only reason why you 'felt' it was nice was because the game was built around the BR being a basic weapon. a very, very basic weapon. Halo 5 on the other hand was built around the magnum and AR as starting weapons with the BR being an effective low-mid range weapon. the magnum was the basic range weapon this time. not the BR. so retroactively tuning the H5 BR into H3 BR fundamentally undoes everything Halo 5 was built for.
if you look at things objectively, you would understand why H3 BR is severely flawed and has no place in H5.
You do realize that the BRs bullets have a .5 second spread apart from each other right? Halo 5s BR is nothing like that at all and it was actually random compared to H3s BR. So when the first bullet fires on Halo 3 it goes straight, the 2nd is .5 seconds away from the first bullet and the 3rd bullet is .5 seconds from the 2nd bullet so it makes it 1 second away from the first bullet, idk how you could call that random. I've even talked to Snip3Down at Atlanta back in the summer and this is what he told me and I can see what he's talking about.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
yes, and as much as i appreciate the nostalgia. it's very dated. halo 2 aged better than 3. and every new addition to the playlist will be popular. that's the appeal. if you can't separate your nostalgia and objectivity, any points you may have are invalid because you can't seem to get your nostalgia goggles off. you are delusional. and they have been listening to everyone. have you seen the new BR lately? its just like halo 3's BR. which was the worst iteration of the BR in halo history, even halo 4's BR was more adequate than H3's. if halo 3 fanboys love halo 3 so much, why is no one playing the halo 3? servers are up so there is no excuse why halo 3 is almost barren.
Well I don't have nostalgia glasses for H3 because I mainly only played it in MCC. I didn't think the playlist was dated at all. My opinion about why people aren't playing H3 is as good as your opinion about thinking 343 are only listening to H3 people. It's only assumptions and not based on facts. Anyway, I think we both agree that the BR needs work, but I don't agree that it's because 343 is trying to replicate H3 specifically.
sorry but you're wrong, it's exactly the reason why the BR changed. if you look back at their message on what changed, they specifically stated that they were trying to make the BR more like H3 BR. look it up, it;s still there.
Yet the BR is nothing like the H3 one. Heck even the one from Halo 3 is way better than the Halo 5 one. The one on Halo 5 is completely useless and can't even be compared to the one from Halo 3. If they were smart they would have made the BR have less aim assist and that's all they needed to do to it.
it is. it's almost like the halo 3 BR. it is only slightly better because it has less random bullet spread. Halo 3 had the worst BR iteration in the franchise. the only reason why you 'felt' it was nice was because the game was built around the BR being a basic weapon. a very, very basic weapon. Halo 5 on the other hand was built around the magnum and AR as starting weapons with the BR being an effective low-mid range weapon. the magnum was the basic range weapon this time. not the BR. so retroactively tuning the H5 BR into H3 BR fundamentally undoes everything Halo 5 was built for.
if you look at things objectively, you would understand why H3 BR is severely flawed and has no place in H5.
You do realize that the BRs bullets have a .5 second spread apart from each other right? Halo 5s BR is nothing like that at all and it was actually random compared to H3s BR. So when the first bullet fires on Halo 3 it goes straight, the 2nd is .5 seconds away from the first bullet and the 3rd bullet is .5 seconds from the 2nd bullet so it makes it 1 second away from the first bullet, idk how you could call that random. I've even talked to Snip3Down at Atlanta back in the summer and this is what he told me and I can see what he's talking about.
Hes talking about spread. You seem to be talking about the burst rythym.
Gonna keep this one simple. Not too sure if 343 is still reading this thread or there is a different feedback thread for the br hotfix.

Played a few games this evening and lag is immensely improved on the forge btb maps. The BR is in a much better place than post OT update br. It is now fun to play with and not as frustrating anymore as the post OT update version, while still being a little harder to use and less effective up close as it's predecessor in h5 was.

Gonna get the squad together for Friday. See you guys in btb :).

Thanks for listening guys, it's appreciated.
How about instead of focusing on weapon updates you guys focus on fixing balancing arena more and fixing the spawns in arena as well I've been spawn killed more in arena than I have grifball
Has anyone else been getting a little bit of motion sickness or feeling weird with the BR mainly in Firefight or possibly Warzone? I've been getting that due to the recoil and I think it's because I have to shoot it more per use when dealing with AI versus short bursts with other players.

ske7ch, could the scoped version of the BR be smoothed out a little bit when shooting or just reduce the recoil animation slightly for every version? Whenever I'm shooting it, it feels like I'm watching a washing machine with how jerky/shaky the scope is due to the 3 shot burst plus the recoil. It's very distracting.
Maybe I’m alone in this opinion but the BR is still clunky and not fun to use. Idk even though the original h5 BR was OP at least it worked with the speed of H5 better than these other iterations. For me this BR “hot-fix” fixes nothing, it just made it suck equally in different ways.
Just played my first match of Warzone Firefight with the updated BR. I feel like it's in a much better place than before but I noticed I started to get just a little motion sickness. Had to switch weapons on round 4. The jumpiness of the recoil and the bouncing of the screen is just a little to much for me right now. I'll have to play with it a bit more and see if I get used to it.
I think it's a slight improvement, but still feels awkward to use. Just doesn't have a "steady" feel to it, I don't know, maybe it will just take some time to adjust to it. But I'm happier using it now, maybe a tweak here and there would make it better.
I feel everything feels about right now! .... seems to be back to (the true skill of aiming) ......
do i feel the magnum is OP.... (ABSOLUTELY NOT) if you get out played by the magnum its just because their aim is better or he/she got the drop on you... as i sure got out played a few times.. last night ..but also it was a 50/50 me to them.... or them to me ... and a few times we traded ...
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Because the Halo 5s BR wasn't like the spread of Halo 3s is what I'm saying. Halo 3s has a rhythm and Halo 5s didn't, it was just trash was all.
My only major issue with the weapons tuning is the battle rifle's rate of fire. I know that it was meant to make it more like the halo 3 battle rifle, but it feels slow even in comparison to that. Also, that slower rate of fire makes it practically inferior to most every other precision rifle. The light rifle especially takes a dump all over it, pumping out its four unscoped shots so fast you barely get 3 BR shots off. It's not a viable choice simply because of that.

I do like the other choices, though. The addition of spread was negligible, and the range changes dialed it back from being an easy map dominator to requiring a little skill to use, or that you at least close distance a bit.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Because the Halo 5s BR wasn't like the spread of Halo 3s is what I'm saying. Halo 3s has a rhythm and Halo 5s didn't, it was just trash was all.
dude, I am talking about the spread in the burst. not "rhythm". but to say it is trash compared to H3 is mistaken. nostalgia goggles, bro. take them off.
After playing many more games since the hot fix came out I still find the scoped br unusable. The normal br is just fine but the scoped br still makes me get motion sickness. It jumps so much that if it didn’t make me feel sick you could not stay on target at range anyway. The standard br does feel good and I don’t find the recoil a problem at all it is just the scoped br in warzone that is totally useless now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 80