The funny thing is that they're just addressing the exact same concerns that people had during the beta
Those concerns were raised by players of all level -- it had nothing to do with HCS, it was based on fairness.
But now that 90% of the people who said they didn't like the game due to poor balance & pacing... guess what, they quit.
Now guess who's left to advocate for fairness? That's right, HCS.
SMH, this ridiculous "casual vs. competitive" narrative is entirely contrived and the waypoint forums are falling for it hook, line & sinker.
No other community is this naive, eg.
- You look at even the noobiest places like gamefaqs and you hear the same balance complaints coming out of Bronze 2's who don't even know what an esport is.
- You look at youtube and people say the game is too fast paced and complicated, but they blame 343 for inaction rather than HCS influence.
Sure you might find the occasional comment but only on waypoint do you find the overwhelming majority blaming fellow fans for the issue rather than realising that it's their beloved & omnipotent 343 that ultimately make the decisions at the end of the day.
The fact that this balance update took 2 years should tell you something.
- They clearly aren't motivated by competitive fans or it wouldn't take this long
- They clearly aren't motivated by casual fans or it wouldn't happen at all
Watch the "ex bungie vs 343 employees" comparison youtube to find out what their motivation is.
Bungie was all about making something fun, something they would want to play... 343 is all about "driving an artistic narrative" or whatever hipster lingo they use...
Their motivation is to pad their resumes.
- Worked on competitive esport AAA title
- Worked on creative new mechanics on AAA title
- Worked on new art style on AAA title
- Worked on new story direction on AAA title
- Worked on maintenance and DLC updates on AAA title
- Worked on micro-transactions on AAA title
- Worked on weapon balancing on AAA title
Stop blaming each other for poor decisions & lack of action of the developer.
The balancing took this long because they don't care about the game, they care about crossing all things off their checklist.
The only reason they bother to do this at all is so they can put it on the resume & do free testing for H6.
Want to know the easiest way for a boss to avoid blame? By pretending to be on everyone's side.
To X: "Oh gee, I'd really like to help you out but Y is blocking me."
To Y: "Oh gee, I'd really like to help you out but X is blocking me."
The people end up liking the boss & blaming each other instead of realising who's ultimately the one not taking action.
This is exactly what 343 has done every step -- they "want" to be competitive but "can't" because of casual. They "want" to be casual but "can't" because of competitive.
Wake up. 343 does what 343 wants and instead of holding them accountable, you blame each other.
: I'm referring to overall management direction, not individual employees.
A lot of the guys working on these updates legitimately care about the game & the community, but it's management that ultimately decides things.
These balancing updates are a good
thing regardless of which "side" you're on, at least the ground-level employees are trying to make a difference.
Please just try to test things out, give them a chance, post your honest feedback & try to be constructive
because this test is going probably going to set a lot of standards for the direction of H6.