[Locked] Weapon Tuning Test - Phase One Feedback - 9/6-9/10

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
UPDATE: Phase One has now concluded and this thread is now locked. The new "Weapon Tuning Test" playlist is live in Halo 5. Please use THIS THREAD for Phase Two feedback about the newly tuned weapons!

Please use this thread for official Phase One feedback! Following yesterday's game patch, Team Arena has now been updated and we're officially underway with "Phase One" of the Halo 5 Weapon Tuning Test!

Reminder: You can read all about the Halo 5 Weapon Tuning Test in this BLOG POST.

Weapon Tuning Test - Phase One Summary
From today (9/6) through Sunday (9/10), Team Arena will feature adjusted loadouts and map settings in order to establish a baseline for the public test of the re-tuned weapons. During Phase One we'll be gathering game data and providing some context to players so you have a reference point once weapon tuning is updated next week.

On Monday, 9/11, Team Arena will be updated again and renamed to "Weapon Tuning Test" which will include the new re-tuned versions of everything included in the public test. Until then, please check it out and let us know what you think about the new starting loadouts (keep in mind that the BR/Gunfighter are getting tuned so the current versions aren't necessarily 'optimized' as starting loadout weapons) and any other feedback you have regarding this first phase.

Thank you for your participation and help with the Halo 5 weapon tuning test!

Note: The "Weapon Tuning Test Early Feedback" forum thread is now locked but can found HERE.
The AR definitly feels better, and not as OP as it used to be, idk why...
I've played one game of the new Team arena and It was a rig strongholds I had a shot delay so I couldn't really see the difference in the BR and the gunfighter was obsolete for the majority of the game the nade launcher worked out pretty good it's pretty good for clearing out nest and securing strongholds I'm not a fan of BR starts to be honest nore am I found of the gunfighter magnum but I'll get ranked in it and and after 10 games I'll post more of my thoughts on it
I enjoy the removal of AR starts. It now gives automatic weapons (AR, SMG, Storm and Needler) more usage. I've found myself using more automatic weapons (that isn't the SAW or Storm) more than ever.
the weapons have not been changed yet...
that starts next week. they are resetting things to establish a basline. as per the OP
placebo effect my friend.

None of the tweaks have kicked in yet. The week is all about getting familiar with the weapon placements. Next week, the weapons will be tuned differently.
placebo effect my friend.

None of the tweaks have kicked in yet. The week is all about getting familiar with the weapon placements. Next week, the weapons will be tuned differently.
Probably because you are starting with a BR which is pretty OP itself (in its current configuration) compared to the default magnum.
The BR and gunfighter magnum (extended mags) starts are a good idea. Can we get the extended mag variant of the gunfighter magnum as a REQ?. I would love to be able to use it in Warzone Assault.
The BR and gunfighter magnum (extended mags) starts are a good idea. Can we get the extended mag variant of the gunfighter magnum as a REQ?. I would love to be able to use it in Warzone Assault.
How is it a good idea?
How is it a good idea?
It makes halo 5's arena a lot more skill based. ARs are kind of easy to use. Both the BR and gunfighter magnum require skill to win in a firefight
Man I cannot wait for that BR nerf to kick in. The gun is so damn easy that it sticks out even in H5's sandbox that is ridden by too much bullet-magnetism and aim assist on literally every weapon. I hope we can return to more skill based shooting like Halo CE, H3 and Reach had.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
How is it a good idea?
It makes halo 5's arena a lot more skill based. ARs are kind of easy to use. Both the BR and gunfighter magnum require skill to win in a firefight
Not really. The gunfighter is a lot more forgiving than the standard magnum. Despite being less powerful and less range, it's quicker rate of fire allow less carefulness for shot placement and is more than a match for the AR even within 10 meters. One could just hit the body until the shields pop and one headshot or three body shots to finish someone of. Giving more ammo to it would make it allite too effective.

The BR has been stated to be more effective then intended at all ranges instead of dominating mostly mid range combat. It probably didn't have that big skill factor that allowed merit to its effectiveness. This update and change to it are to bring it more in line and increase the skillfullness of shooting. A hard sell for me because by its very nature it's gonna be more forgiving than the semi automatic weapons and even pulsed Autos at range.
How is it a good idea?
I don't feel like its more skilled based its just different skills being used. The BR is how good are you at shooting the gun across different distances. The AR is how good are you at getting close to an opponent.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.

muy buena esa hicos
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
The br starts with gunfighter secondary is lit af. #BrStartsforHCS
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13