2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 13
I love the new BR starts, it takes more skill to use than the assault rifle, even though it has a three round burst. I've already played two matches today, I I feel like I'm playing better, and enjoying the game more. I'm not a fan of the gunfighter magnum, but I really hope the BR starts stay.
It's weird to hear people say that the BR is too strong and the GF Magnum is too weak. Like yeah they acknowledged that in their post about the weapon tuning, the guns are gonna be op or weak now because they've not been changed. This playlist is basically just to get it established in your head how the guns perform so you can better judge them when they've been patched.
I would enjoy a regular magnum instead of the gunfighter one.
I like the Gunfighter Magnum with extended mags over the AR. I felt like the AR was spray and pray and involved little skill compared to the GFM.
I think the extended mags are a little op right now, but will help offset the likely added recoil/bloom after the update...if the br is toned down and has an increased skill gap, I could see the pairing being a good loadout.

Edit: maybe something like 14 or 15 rounds for the GF would be a good compromise...just a thought
Absolutely love the extended mag Gunfighter as a secondary weapon. Perfect for a mid-battle quickdraw when you aren't sure you can finish the kill with the BR.
Hey 343, I don't post here too frequently but I wanna help you guys with this weapon tuning test. Since this is Phase 1 of this test and weapons haven't changed yet, I'm going to talk about the Motion Tracker and weapon layouts on the maps. Here's a list of suggestions I think you guys should consider and my reasons why.

Motion Tracker
- I believe the best ideal radar range for both Standard and Competitive play is 20m. Not just for Halo 5 but for Halo in general and moving forward. 18m seems a bit too short considering how fast pace this game can be and 24m for competitive play gives too much info. The Ability Tracker can stay for Halo 5's HCS and Standard play keeps the normal radar were all used to. But moving forward with future Halo games, there should be NO radar when it comes to competitive play.

Torque
- Battle Rifle's should be removed from both Red/Blue Tunnels because we already spawn with them. I'd suggest moving the BRs to Red/Blue Nests because it provides a way for both teams to have a fighting chance against each opposing Sniper. But since the BR is already a starting weapon replace the BR with a Light Rifle and keep the BR for AR/Mag. starts.

- Sniper Rifles that are on Red/Blue Nests should be moved to Red/Blue Streets because there will be a bit of risk to grab the Sniper Rifle for both teams with exploding barrels and a BR/Light Rifle firing across from them instead of "here's a free Sniper".

- The Middle Piston should be static to allow players from Top Mid drop down to Bottom Mid and allow players from Bottom Mid to Clamber up to Top Mid.

- Replace Energy Sword with Active Camo (If) you guys decide to leave the Middle Piston Static. I feel the Sword is too strong on this map and Camo plays better.

- The Pistons on Red/Blue Tunnels should also remain static to allow players from Bottom Tunnels to Clamber up to Red/Blue Decks, and players from the Decks can drop down to the Tunnels.

Plaza
- Replace Gunfighter Mag. with Bolt Shot on East Gate. There's no point in having a normal Gunfighter Mag. on the map when we already spawn with them and have extended mags. Unless your planning on keeping it for AR/Mag. starts but I think the Bolt Shot plays better anyways.

Stasis
- Replace Railgun on Top Mid with the Grenade Launcher because it seems too strong on the map. Maybe for Strongholds it would be fine like the Sniper Rifle but for Slayer it's just too strong. I feel you can easily cross map players when they're spawning for Slayer.

- Grenade Launcher I feel should be a Tier 3 Power Weapon on the Weapon Pad. I think it's strong enough to be a Power Weapon and easier to use in Halo 5 then in Halo: Reach. I think it would play great as a Tier 3 Power Weapon on other maps too such as Riptide and Overgrowth. But we'll see how I feel about this weapon when we reach Phase 2 of this test.

- (If) you guys do decide to do the previous 2 changes I just stated above, replace the Grenade Launcher that was in Alley with a Plasma Pistol.

- Replace Bolt Shots on Red/Blue Bases with DMRs. I don't know why the DMRs were removed I thought they were fine. If it plays well, consider maybe keeping them and test them for AR/Mag. starts. Unless there's a reason as to why the DMRs were replaced with Bolt Shots.

Thank you for your time and good luck with the rest of this test.
I'm not sure if you guys did anything to how the BR performs at close range. But I feel like it performs better.

The Carbine use to be my GO-TO, in all Halo Games because when put into the right hand it still put in work. 7 Shots 6 shots to the shield, 1 shot to the head... But now I feel like it takes too many body shots to kill??? Was this changed?
I'm not sure if you guys did anything to how the BR performs at close range. But I feel like it performs better.

The Carbine use to be my GO-TO, in all Halo Games because when put into the right hand it still put in work. 7 Shots 6 shots to the shield, 1 shot to the head... But now I feel like it takes too many body shots to kill??? Was this changed?
Not really sure how many times this needs to be clarified, but the weapon tuning update doesn't go live until Monday.
TryHardFan wrote:

Not really sure how many times this needs to be clarified, but the weapon tuning update doesn't go live until Monday.
I see, my bad. Guess I the changes will be more less the subtle. Thanks @Tryhardfan
very nice
Loving the new loadouts until I play truth. Jesus Christ the power of the BR getting me one shot from window to window as soon as the game starts is insane. hope the tune makes it a little more tolerable at distance.
The Campaign seems to have gotten much more difficult. Especially on legendary. Seems like snipers are more accurate and everyone seems to fire faster. Could just be me though. Also I think the nerf of the BR is also factoring into making the campaign a lot more difficult. Buffing the fuel rod also makes things a bit tougher.
Also I really miss the AR. Halo 5 made the automatics worthwhile finally... sad to see them vanish now.
I've played a couple of games. The removal of the AR start is great because it now gives you an incentive to search for those weapons and use them more often at close range. I'm also absolutely loving the gunfighter magnum!!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.

En mi opinión las nuevas configuraciones de armas no les vi problema alguno ya logre clasificar y mi experiencia con ellas no me molesto, lo que no me agrado a mi parecer fue que el camuflaje fue mejorado y los radares fueron modificados, la verdad no me agrada que el enemigo no sea detectado cuando cuando camine y tampoco tanta longitud de radar, yo preferiría por lo menos 19 o 20 metros de máximo en los radares y que detecten tal y como lo han hecho asta ahora, lo que mas no me gusta son los radares
I've noticed on the map Plaza there is a gunfighter magnum on the ground that is useless since you currently spawn with a gunfighter magnum with extra ammo so it doesn't provide and ammo for the one you spawn with and it would be a downgrade if you pick it up.
I love the BR starts! It seems that we are finally going in a path of skilled Halo, in which im very excited for as a competitive player! Im glad we are moving into a game that has more of a skill gap but, still for Halo to be the best of its potential there are still things that need to be changed. Starting with spartan abilities! If you decide to make the move to keep ground pound and spartan charge. Then they need to be nerfed! Spartan abilities should not guarantee someone a kill! In the state they are in that is exactly what they do! Onto more things, the BR is a step in the right direction to a more competitive Halo. The BR makes it so that now players have to hit a consitent 12 bullets compared to a consistent 5 bullets. The gunfighter magnum is a nice touch to finish kills in case you have to reload but, since it seems that is its role maybe the gunfighter magnum is not required. Also, the extended mag is a little overboard. It would be a better move to just take out the gunfighter magnum and keep it at no secondary. That way players get punished for spamming shots. Onto the BR, the one thing i noticed that stood out like a sore thumb to me was that the spread pattern is a big influence on its effectiveness at long ranges. The fact that the bullets go up in a straight line makes it easier than what it should be. Im not saying to add random paterns but, in general the spread makes it so that players can aim at the body and still get a head shot. Head shots should be a little harder to achieve, doing this would make perfects more rewarding and it would make Halo more competitive. In my opinion the thing that makes Halo multiplayer so great is the skill gap that it has. Meaning you had to be skilled in your aim and strategy. That is what other Halo games have that Halo 5 does not have right now. I hope this helps you guys over there and I hope that you guys made the correct changes.

Thanks for reading this!
The gunfighter magnum has been a lot of fun for me, the BR start also. Reading through some of the other posts I'd basically be copying and pasting what others have wrote.
I've noticed on the map Plaza there is a gunfighter magnum on the ground that is useless since you currently spawn with a gunfighter magnum with extra ammo so it doesn't provide and ammo for the one you spawn with and it would be a downgrade if you pick it up.
A few of us have been requesting they be replaced with regular ARs if the BR/GFM remain the starting weapons in order to have more of an opportunity to test out the AR during this test phase.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 13