1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13
The Campaign seems to have gotten much more difficult. Especially on legendary. Seems like snipers are more accurate and everyone seems to fire faster. Could just be me though. Also I think the nerf of the BR is also factoring into making the campaign a lot more difficult. Buffing the fuel rod also makes things a bit tougher.
Also I really miss the AR. Halo 5 made the automatics worthwhile finally... sad to see them vanish now.
I am starting to wonder...do you guys really just read one sentence of the community updates, or for that matter not even read the original post of which you are responding to? From the OP:
Quote:
During Phase One we'll be gathering game data and providing some context to players so you have a reference point once weapon tuning is updated next week.
On Monday, 9/11, Team Arena will be updated again and renamed to "Weapon Tuning Test" which will include the new re-tuned versions of everything included in the public test.
So yes, it is just you, I know I am sounding harsh here, but it is crazy frustrating how many people don't read any part of the conversation they are participating in.

Also the AR is still in the playlist, and everywhere else in the game. I am not sure why you are missing it. Yes, in the Team Arena playlist they are no longer a load out weapon, but there are pickups throughout the game.

Keep an eye out next Monday. The change over won't happen until later in the day Pacific time. Sk37ch will definitely post here when it starts, and tweet about it, and then part of the Message of the Day.

I've played a couple of games. The removal of the AR start is great because it now gives you an incentive to search for those weapons and use them more often at close range. I'm also absolutely loving the gunfighter magnum!!
This is part of the reason why I love HCS so much! When you spawn with one weapon you really make sure you have a secondary.

At first I really liked the GF Magnum, but I think it was because I was awesome the first day with it. It was weird I won so many games in a row I was starting to think I had actually jumped a hurdle and gotten better at the game. Until the next day rolled around, and I went down a few notches. Anyway, the GF I am still getting used to, but I am making it a point to use it. It's frustrating right now. The game in Team Arena is starting to become a one weapon game.

eLantern wrote:
I've noticed on the map Plaza there is a gunfighter magnum on the ground that is useless since you currently spawn with a gunfighter magnum with extra ammo so it doesn't provide and ammo for the one you spawn with and it would be a downgrade if you pick it up.
A few of us have been requesting they be replaced with regular ARs if the BR/GFM remain the starting weapons in order to have more of an opportunity to test out the AR during this test phase.
Yes, we definitely don't need those Boltshots. There has to be a reason why they have us spawn with the extended mag GF, and then place them around certain maps. I can't figure out what that reason is, but there has to be one. I imagine them sitting around and deciding that, and everyone agreeing. All those who have a say in what the load outs are and what the weapon placements are seemed to think it was a good idea. I just don't get why that is.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
I've noticed on the map Plaza there is a gunfighter magnum on the ground that is useless since you currently spawn with a gunfighter magnum with extra ammo so it doesn't provide and ammo for the one you spawn with and it would be a downgrade if you pick it up.
A few of us have been requesting they be replaced with regular ARs if the BR/GFM remain the starting weapons in order to have more of an opportunity to test out the AR during this test phase.
Yes, we definitely don't need those Boltshots. There has to be a reason why they have us spawn with the extended mag GF, and then place them around certain maps. I can't figure out what that reason is, but there has to be one. I imagine them sitting around and deciding that, and everyone agreeing. All those who have a say in what the load outs are and what the weapon placements are seemed to think it was a good idea. I just don't get why that is.
I assume that given everything that's being juggled by 343i (in house paytests, tuning update and fixes, Warzone update and fixes, Banshee retune, matchmaking update and fixes, Xbox One X 4K update for both Halo 5 and Halo Wars, HCS support, anything else that'll be included in the fall update, weekend double xp, weekly featured playlist, Halo 3 playlist, Halo Wars 2 DLC plus continued support and updates, Halo universe loot and media, Halo 6 development and any other new titles that may be beginning early design discussions, plus I'm sure countless other things) that perhaps the team involved with prepping the Team Arena playlist for the weapon testing may have accidentally overlooked the need to replace those weapons on maps and didn't immediately realize their redundancy with the Gunfighter Magnum as the secondary starting weapon. Also, I think it may be a sign that the starting weapon switch was a last minute decision that altered the original plans and perhaps that rushed aspect didn't allow the Team in charge of updating the maps to vet them as thoroughly as possible. Just my guess. Thankfully, we can point the conflict out to them in hopes of it getting addressed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
eLantern wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
I assume that giving everything that's being juggled by 343i (in house paytests, tuning update and fixes, Warzone update and fixes, Banshee retune, matchmaking update and fixes, Xbox One X 4K update for both Halo 5 and Halo Wars, HCS support, anything else that'll be included in the fall update, weekend double xp, weekly featured playlist, Halo 3 playlist, Halo Wars 2 DLC plus continued support and updates, Halo universe loot and media, Halo 6 development and any other new titles that may be beginning early design discussions, plus I'm sure countless other things) that perhaps the team involved with prepping the Team Arena playlist for the weapon testing may have accidentally overlooked the need to replace those weapons on maps and didn't immediately realize their redundancy with the Gunfighter Magnum as the secondary starting weapon. Also, I think it may be a sign that the starting weapon switch was a last minute decision that altered the original plans and perhaps that rushed aspect didn't allow the Team in charge of updating the maps to vet them as thoroughly as possible. Just my guess. Thankfully, we can point the conflict out to them in hopes of it getting addressed.
That's a good point. If they haven't responded here maybe there is another forum that they have.

I know if there is Plastic Hassle will give us a link if there is one. :)
I don't like the ability tracker. I miss the old traditional one.
Maybe let us and 343 know what you don't like about it. More feedback rather than just like or don't like helps them make a decision to keep it or not.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Maybe let us and 343 know what you don't like about it. More feedback rather than just like or don't like helps them make a decision to keep it or not.
Yeah i mean cause I LOVE the ability tracker. Much prefer it over the original radar.
In my opinion the new configurations of weapons did not see any problems and I managed to classify and my experience with them did not bother me, what I did not like in my opinion was that the camouflage was improved and the radars were modified, I really do not like that the enemy is not detected when I walk and not so much radar length, I would prefer at least 19 or 20 meters maximum on the radars and detect as they have done now, what I do not like are the radars
I'm still early in making my mind up, but my initial thoughts are this: I absoluitely love the extended mag gunfighter. It's tougher to use at distance, but having the extra bullets in your clip feels like a tease to try anyways. I've had mixed results from distance, and I think that's great. Up close, I'm more inclined to go nuts with it, and think it would be a great WZ req. I say this because as much as I love the gunfighter mag, I'll always choose the extended mag in a situation where I have to worry about a full WZ squad swarming me. Maybe bump it up a req level, but I'd definitely recommend bringing it in on a long-term basis.

I'm digging the AR. Less "spray 'n pray" is always a good thing.

I have not made my mind up yet on everything else, and will come back when I feel I'm tried everything out a bit more adequately,
I like the br starts cause I love on H2,H3,H4
Bring back the AR start, I find I have stopped using both weapons completely, constantly sticking to the BR. I thought the BR start was just to stay in Big team Battle, which is why I played BTB so much.
Halo isn't the same without the AR and Magnum loadout.
the adjustment of arms feels very good at the moment of presicion
I can say that I enjoy reduced motion tracker information as it would mean that playing requires more knowledge where the players are. This has resulted in me winning a lot of gunfights as I'm aware where players usually comes from.

It's something I enjoy and I would like to see it expanded a bit more.
Man, the Gunfighter magnum is just so much fun...
But really situational and difficult to use effectively, especially with how easy the BR is to use.

It's really a gamble to bring out the GF but it makes for some crazy fun clips when you're going for a multi-kill and have to switch to it as a backup.
Just knowing how much harder it is to use, combined with the extremely fast shots, just makes that final kill or two of the triple or overkill so much cooler.

I'm also a big fan of the abilities tracker but I think for non-HCS playlists, they might be want to consider just increasing the range (as long as AR/Sprint tactics are toned down).
Radar has functioned very similar for every Halo title and I think that changing it now is just going to push more people away.
And by "change it," I also mean that H5's default 18m is also a change already! -- 18m radar feels like even more of a change from traditional Halo than the HCS radar does.
No matter what else, the 18m has to stop. It's an absolute detriment to the pacing of the game, it makes everything so chaotic & disorganised.

SHREYAS wrote:
Has anyone been encountering some tremendous lag. There is 2 stages of lag, from the game half the games that are sweaty the game will have a 1 second delay on bullet registration and or any type of hit registration in general then there's the rubber banding exactly when your about to get that finally head shot or about to kill them, so severely that you completely miss. Pm for videos so we can share. Its really bad and it only started doing this after the update.. and feels like when i only play high tear games, usually when i encounter standbying or mods... just weird.. I honestly think there is a vulnerability and do not think its random. Its to coincidental that its exactly on the most critical moments where it overturns by them lagging so hard they some how pull a win out of there donky.
This has actually been making it a lot more difficult to test out the weapons, because it feels like every game, the hit registration is completely different.
I'm guessing it's just because of a population dip due to school & other game release, but if I didn't know about that, I would be pretty suspicious about 343 saying they haven't changed anything yet :p

DaxSeven09 wrote:
I am starting to wonder...do you guys really just read one sentence of the community updates, or for that matter not even read the original post of which you are responding to?

I know I am sounding harsh here, but it is crazy frustrating how many people don't read any part of the conversation they are participating in.
I completely agree with the sentiment but at the same time, I can't entirely blame them considering how the servers have been.
The game really, really does feel a lot different in some matches, it's like you can hit double digit perfects one game, and then everything is 6-8 shot kill the next.
Not sure where people are getting the campaign stuff from, but matchmaking definitely feels like something's different.

After playing this I love the HCS playlist settings even more than I already did.

Just remove Spartan Charge from the HCS playlist and fix the ghost melees and this game is ready to be shipped.
Hehe, you know it's funny you worded it like that because I've heard various rumors (and direct 343 quotes) that suggest 343 isn't actually working on H6, but actually this tuning is the final stage of testing to release the "full" "Halo 5" game.

H5 was supposedly going to have a layout similar to ODST, with a branching "hub world" to multiple "memories" that you can choose to go to, with "Halo 5: Guardians" being the first DLC.
Well apparently part of the reason why the game is so big, is because they restructured it to make H5: Guardians a "DLC" within a larger game, and re-releasing Halo 5 with the originally-planned 3x the content that we ended up with, and hence how Microsoft intended to stretch out the games to last until all the way to 2030 as they have stated is the plan.

Basically, very similar to what Bungie had planned with Destiny (which makes sense, as these plans originally came about when they were the same company), only that 343 was a lot slower to get there due to needing to completely hire an entirely new staff.
I doubt it's true but it sure would explain a lot of the things that 343 has done in handling H5.

RzR J3ST3R wrote:
BUT, there are some very casual Halo players who just aren't interested in mastering the precious weapons, and I think it might be nice to still make them feel welcome in the halo franchise. So starting with a WEAK auto plus a powerful but hard-to-use precision weapon (like the H5 magnum) would be optimal.
It doesn't even necessarily have to be "weak" in general either though.
People like to call H3's AR "useless" but it really wasn't, it just had a niche.

The AR was great at close range and the bleed-through melee made it a BR killer since 2-shot beatdowns were a lot more inconsistent than in H5.
This was a great way to start things out because it let newer players focus on mastering combat in one particular area (the area that they tend to be drawn to initially anyway) before moving on to more varied encounters.
Halo: Reach first deviated from this formula and had to massively nerf the AR's overall damage output in order to compensate, which I'm not sure was the right call.

It seems like 343's plan is to go for something more in between the two, making the AR niche-like as with H3, but not entirely useless at range due to the scope.
I guess we'll find out next week.

SPRTN94 wrote:
It's weird to hear people say that the BR is too strong and the GF Magnum is too weak. Like yeah they acknowledged that in their post about the weapon tuning, the guns are gonna be op or weak now because they've not been changed. This playlist is basically just to get it established in your head how the guns perform so you can better judge them when they've been patched.
Yeah, it seems a bit strange but it's still useful to 343 to verify their assumptions about how the weapons feel at baseline.
Imagine if they had all these changes planned but on this first baseline testing week, everyone reported the opposite of what they expected :p

I'm not sure if you guys did anything to how the BR performs at close range. But I feel like it performs better.

The Carbine use to be my GO-TO, in all Halo Games because when put into the right hand it still put in work. 7 Shots 6 shots to the shield, 1 shot to the head... But now I feel like it takes too many body shots to kill??? Was this changed?
Nah, the BR has always been crazy good at close range in H5.
Because of the increased bullet magnetism, it just registers way more consistently, including 2-shot beatdowns.

PapaSallad wrote:
Loving the new loadouts until I play truth. Jesus Christ the power of the BR getting me one shot from window to window as soon as the game starts is insane. hope the tune makes it a little more tolerable at distance.
One of my buddies completely refuses to play truth anymore, he quits anytime it shows up and the window-to-window issue just makes him livid.
I have a dream, that one day, halo 5 fans can read the god damn OP's post before commenting.
With that being said, I'd prefer no ability tracker at all. Learning to focus and be in tune with game sounds is a skill. A skill that competitive players all across every other halo (and in some case even this one) either had, or got punished for not having. Leave the social and ranked arena playlists with their regular radar. Completely remove the radar in HCS playlists. Seems like a fair trade to me.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
The Campaign seems to have gotten much more difficult. Especially on legendary. Seems like snipers are more accurate and everyone seems to fire faster. Could just be me though. Also I think the nerf of the BR is also factoring into making the campaign a lot more difficult. Buffing the fuel rod also makes things a bit tougher.
Also I really miss the AR. Halo 5 made the automatics worthwhile finally... sad to see them vanish now.
I am starting to wonder...do you guys really just read one sentence of the community updates, or for that matter not even read the original post of which you are responding to? From the OP:
Quote:
During Phase One we'll be gathering game data and providing some context to players so you have a reference point once weapon tuning is updated next week.
On Monday, 9/11, Team Arena will be updated again and renamed to "Weapon Tuning Test" which will include the new re-tuned versions of everything included in the public test.
So yes, it is just you, I know I am sounding harsh here, but it is crazy frustrating how many people don't read any part of the conversation they are participating in.

The issue for why people don't read the original post is most likely because they're just trying to get their forum rank on waypoint higher.
In my opinion the new configurations of weapons did not see any problems and I managed to classify and my experience with them did not bother me, what I did not like in my opinion was that the camouflage was improved and the radars were modified, I really do not like that the enemy is not detected when I walk and not so much radar length, I would prefer at least 19 or 20 meters maximum on the radars and detect as they have done now, what I do not like are the radars
I don't mind the update for the weapons, but there's definitely something wrong with the motion tracker. I shouldn't get shoulder charged before I see them on the radar. They should show up on the radar first and then shoulder charge me.
eLantern wrote:
Oh ok
played the update with a friend and all the weapons feel great
I prefer AR and Mag as starting weapons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13