OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
The Gunfighter Magnum start is FANTASTIC. It is freaking awesome. Please keep it. I have been very successful using JUST the Gunfighter magnum up against BR users for entire matches. I have barely used the BR since the update because the Gunfighter Magnum is just SO satisfying(I think partially due to the fire-rate, I loved the fire-rate of the magnum in the beta, was sad it was lowered for the release). I felt like my skill with aiming managed to beat out the Battle Rifle despite it being more powerful and sometimes firing first.

Also, BR starts in general has made it a lot more fun. I feel like I'm not just rushing to my death anymore, and instead my skill matters more than first-sight.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
SHREYAS wrote:
This update has nothing with ranks. If you are concerned about your rank I would post your question here. You will get an answer back. Make sure you leave him a link to a certain game you are wondering about.

My guess after looking at your game history is the fact that most of your games you are teaming up with players at least 1 to 2 tiers lower than you, and that is bringing down the ranks of who you are matched against. So when you do win your rank will go up very little.

In regards to the weapons tuning I am wondering about the AR. Someone mentioned in the last thread, and after playing a few games it is pretty glaring, the fact that there will be little testing of the AR. Where the heck do we even pick it up. There's the variant like on Coliseum, but that's a variant. I understood that the changes are only for the base weapons. The AR was mentioned as being part of the tuning, but not the silenced AR.

I think I am going to like the Gunfighter based on its rate of fire, and its quick weapon change. I don't know about the BR as a starting weapon though. So far we are back to the long distance engagements. I have only played a couple of games though, but already I am seeing a lack of map movement with the BR's as the starting weapon.
eLantern wrote:
I hope we can return to more skill based shooting like ... Reach.
Haha. Yeah, like Reach had with it's ridiculous random bloom effect and several horse crap armor abilities (here's looking at you Armor Lock!). LMFAO. I recall Reach being one of the least skill-based Halo titles ever; although, the eventual title update that got released by 343i after the game had been out more than a year and ever so slowly trickled into specific general playlists over a lengthy period of time (6 months) did manage to help improve it some -- at least for the playlists that received the update.

• The Title Update (TU) Beta Matchmaking Playlist went live as part of the October 4th, 2011. It featured both Slayer and Objective gametypes with the TU and 85% bloom, as well as the ability to vote for a Zero Bloom (ZB) Slayer game-type. The TU also brought back the ability for players to inflict damage through a small amount of shielding (aka Bleed Through), reduced the Active Camo AA's time usage by 15 seconds which encouraged players to use it more sparingly and cautiously, and disabled the sword block being possible with a regular well timed melee action.
  • On November 1st, 2011, the weighting for ZB Slayer was increased, based on data collection showing a strong favor for the Zero Bloom gametype. The update also brought along a slight tweak to the TU Armor Lock and removed the Needle Rifle from under the ZB option because it was still showing signs of 85% bloom.
  • The launch of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on November 14th also brought about four new playlists centered around the Anniversary maps and fully utilized the TU: Anniversary Squad, FFA, BTB and Classic. Anniversary Classic and Anniversary gametypes also revealed a rendition of the CE Pistol, modifying the Reach pistol to behave as close to the original as possible. I have to admit I actually started playing a lot more of Reach's matchmaking because of these Anniversary playlists and the Title Update.
  • The December 7th update brought about the first real spread of the TU to the normal Reach matchmaking playlists. Team Objective, Squad Slayer and Multi Team were updated, and the TU Beta playlist was renamed ZB Slayer, keeping only the Zero Bloom Slayer gametype. The MLG playlist was also updated with ZB and advanced traits. Due to the addition of bleed-through, the Reach pistol was able to kill with four shots, the last one being to the head; however feedback about the pistol lead to 343 nerfing the damage on the Reach pistol and bringing it back to a five-shot minimum kill, with the fifth shot able to bleed through shielding and kill.
  • The January 10th, 2012 update brought about more playlists converting to the TU. The Arena, Big Team Battle and Double Team received the TU.
  • On February 7th, Rumble Pit was also updated to the TU, and ZB Slayer was moved into the competitive hopper, removing the Beta from selection.
Please. The only people who complain about Bloom/the DMR in Reach were people who couldn't get good and tried to use the DMR like the BR when in reality, the DMR took way more skill. You had to pace your shots and not fire as fast as you can like with the BR. Bloom never gave me any problems cause I knew how to use the DMR to its maximum potential and would drop over 40 kills with it.
I had single digit Onyx in multiple seasons, pre and post-TU. The best players in the world adapted to bloom quickly and they hated it. There was no pacing of shots. That may have been what they intended, but it didn't pan out. The only time people would slow their shots down would be momentarily for the final headshot.

And I don't know how many times it needs to be explained for how many years, but randomness does not equate to skill. Coming out the winner in a random number generator does not make you the more skilled or knowledgeable player. It just means you got lucky.

Vanilla Reach was an absolute joke from a competitive standpoint.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.

Realmente siento el RB más lento y la Magnum de pistolero sin efectividad a corta o larga distancia. Finalmente considero que era mejor empezar la partida con la Magnum común y el Rifle de Asalto. Espero que se den cuenta el daño que están haciendole a la comunidad.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:
This update has nothing with ranks. If you are concerned about your rank I would post your question here. You will get an answer back. Make sure you leave him a link to a certain game you are wondering about.

My guess after looking at your game history is the fact that most of your games you are teaming up with players at least 1 to 2 tiers lower than you, and that is bringing down the ranks of who you are matched against. So when you do win your rank will go up very little.

In regards to the weapons tuning I am wondering about the AR. Someone mentioned in the last thread, and after playing a few games it is pretty glaring, the fact that there will be little testing of the AR. Where the heck do we even pick it up. There's the variant like on Coliseum, but that's a variant. I understood that the changes are only for the base weapons. The AR was mentioned as being part of the tuning, but not the silenced AR.

I think I am going to like the Gunfighter based on its rate of fire, and its quick weapon change. I don't know about the BR as a starting weapon though. So far we are back to the long distance engagements. I have only played a couple of games though, but already I am seeing a lack of map movement with the BR's as the starting weapon.
I'm not sure since some explanations were a bit clear but I don't think the BR/Gunfighter starts is lasting the entire time.

I think they're just starting it out that way in order to get baseline data of how those starts in particular work pre-update.
After all, they already have tons of data on AR+Magnum starts, so they don't need a baseline.

I'm thinking something like..
  • Week 1 - BR/Gunfghter pre update
  • Week 2 - BR/Gunfighter post update
  • Week 3 - BR/AR post update
  • Week 4 - Magnum/AR post update
eLantern wrote:
I had single digit Onyx in multiple seasons, pre and post-TU. The best players in the world adapted to bloom quickly and they hated it. There was no pacing of shots. That may have been what they intended, but it didn't pan out. The only time people would slow their shots down would be momentarily for the final headshot.
Just reminded me of MLG forums after the first event, everyone was hating on Lethul for spamming so much & were saying he sucked, couldn't aim etc. and Reach's bloom was just a crutch that let bad players like him keep up with "real pros."
Then others would argue that he actually plays even better in H3 where there's no bloom, and that he was always a top player since years earlier but just never competed.

Hehe, now here we are years later and turns out he's actually got one of the best shots in the game (and won more tournament $$ than anyone else), he was just early in figuring out that pacing doesn't work.
To this day, he still maintains that he was better in H3 than any other title.
eLantern wrote:
Haha. Yeah, like Reach had with it's ridiculous random bloom effect and several horse crap armor abilities (here's looking at you Armor Lock!). LMFAO. I recall Reach being one of the least skill-based Halo titles ever; although, the eventual title update that got released by 343i after the game had been out more than a year and ever so slowly trickled into specific general playlists over a lengthy period of time (6 months) did manage to help improve it some -- at least for the playlists that received the update.

• The Title Update (TU) Beta Matchmaking Playlist went live as part of the October 4th, 2011. It featured both Slayer and Objective gametypes with the TU and 85% bloom, as well as the ability to vote for a Zero Bloom (ZB) Slayer game-type. The TU also brought back the ability for players to inflict damage through a small amount of shielding (aka Bleed Through), reduced the Active Camo AA's time usage by 15 seconds which encouraged players to use it more sparingly and cautiously, and disabled the sword block being possible with a regular well timed melee action.
  • On November 1st, 2011, the weighting for ZB Slayer was increased, based on data collection showing a strong favor for the Zero Bloom gametype. The update also brought along a slight tweak to the TU Armor Lock and removed the Needle Rifle from under the ZB option because it was still showing signs of 85% bloom.
  • The launch of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on November 14th also brought about four new playlists centered around the Anniversary maps and fully utilized the TU: Anniversary Squad, FFA, BTB and Classic. Anniversary Classic and Anniversary gametypes also revealed a rendition of the CE Pistol, modifying the Reach pistol to behave as close to the original as possible. I have to admit I actually started playing a lot more of Reach's matchmaking because of these Anniversary playlists and the Title Update.
  • The December 7th update brought about the first real spread of the TU to the normal Reach matchmaking playlists. Team Objective, Squad Slayer and Multi Team were updated, and the TU Beta playlist was renamed ZB Slayer, keeping only the Zero Bloom Slayer gametype. The MLG playlist was also updated with ZB and advanced traits. Due to the addition of bleed-through, the Reach pistol was able to kill with four shots, the last one being to the head; however feedback about the pistol lead to 343 nerfing the damage on the Reach pistol and bringing it back to a five-shot minimum kill, with the fifth shot able to bleed through shielding and kill.
  • The January 10th, 2012 update brought about more playlists converting to the TU. The Arena, Big Team Battle and Double Team received the TU.
  • On February 7th, Rumble Pit was also updated to the TU, and ZB Slayer was moved into the competitive hopper, removing the Beta from selection.
Please. The only people who complain about Bloom/the DMR in Reach were people who couldn't get good and tried to use the DMR like the BR when in reality, the DMR took way more skill. You had to pace your shots and not fire as fast as you can like with the BR. Bloom never gave me any problems cause I knew how to use the DMR to its maximum potential and would drop over 40 kills with it.

And I don't know how many times it needs to be explained for how many years, but randomness does not equate to skill. Coming out the winner in a random number generator does not make you the more skilled or knowledgeable player. It just means you got lucky.

Congratulations. You want a cookie? They only hated it because the DMR took more skill to use than the BR. The DMR wasn't random at all if you were patient and just paced your shots. If you fired your DMR as fast as you could like a freaking idiot, you would get recoil up the butthole. To this day, I've never been out DMR'd cause I know how to pace my shots.
eLantern wrote:

Congratulations. You want a cookie? They only hated it because the DMR took more skill to use than the BR. The DMR wasn't random at all if you were patient and just paced your shots. If you fired your DMR as fast as you could like a freaking idiot, you would get recoil up the butthole. To this day, I've never been out DMR'd cause I know how to pace my shots.
You've never been out-DMRed, yet haven't played a single game of Reach. Are you admitting to me that this is a second account?
eLantern wrote:

You've never been out-DMRed, yet haven't played a single game of Reach. Are you admitting to me that this is a second account?
New Xbox. My old one got trashed awhile back. I had to make a new account.
Regardless, this thread needs to get back on track. We can discuss Reach and bloom at a more appropriate place some other time.
Edit: I'd like to pretend my brainfart of a question regarding the Magnum didn't happen, but even now that I've been reminded that's the only Magnum that's changing, I'm still unsure as to why it's replacing the standard Magnum in competitive playlists since like a less competitive weapon, and I also wish the standard Magnum would get its own range nerf, too. :/

And to fellow commenters, can we please bring this thread back on topic? As tempting as it is to join in on the bloom debate, that's not what this is about.
I really enjoy the new weapon placements, the Grenade Launcher is excellent in the right hands, someone with skill can easily use it as a Power Weapon. I like the maps added to the playlist as well, I do not like CTF on Regret though, it feels so... round, like a big circle; IMO it only works with Slayer. As for BR/GM starts, I have always loved the idea of BR starts, if you are fighting with someone with a BR as well, it takes only skill, plus, it is VERY satisfying; I don't like the Gunfighter Magum, at least alongside the BR, it feels useless, I can easily use the BR at short range as well. (That's a problem as well.) I would prefer the BR with a nerfed AR, I don't really think that you need a secondary weapon in Halo.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I'm not sure since some explanations were a bit clear but I don't think the BR/Gunfighter starts is lasting the entire time.
I think they're just starting it out that way in order to get baseline data of how those starts in particular work pre-update.
After all, they already have tons of data on AR+Magnum starts, so they don't need a baseline.
I'm thinking something like..
  • Week 1 - BR/Gunfghter pre update
  • Week 2 - BR/Gunfighter post update
  • Week 3 - BR/AR post update
  • Week 4 - Magnum/AR post update
I really don't think so. I re-read the blog post, and this:
Quote:
We’re also experimenting with changing the starting loadouts for Team Arena to BR & GunFighter Magnum.
This change is part of a broader goal the team has around differentiating and refining the play styles between Social/Casual play and Ranked/Competitive play and freshening up the overall multiplayer experience in Halo 5. In the future, Social playlists will likely stick to the default Motion Tracker with AR & Magnum starts, but this tuning test gives us (and you!) an opportunity to test something new for Ranked play specifically. The team sees the newly tuned BR as a better fit for the starting utility weapon role, while the newly tuned Gunfighter Magnum fills the role of a sidearm that supports close quarters combat and aggression in a different manner than the AR has.
If they are wanting to test out the BR & Gunfighter Magnum why wouldn't they have it for the whole tuning test, but maybe you're right. How else are they going to get any data on the AR since I don't think there are any pickups on these maps?
eLantern wrote:
Are we seriously debating Reach bloom in this thread? Can we not bring this all up again? We have all gone through this already. That -Yoink- was -Yoinking!- 7 years ago. We need to look forward, and help with this test.

On a side note I was cracking up listening to the guys on my team in the last game. People really don't take the time to read. They were convinced the BR was different, weaker. I am wondering. Am I not going to be able to really know the difference? We've got players already thinking things are different. Will my perception really be accurate just because I know when 343 is telling me it has changed? I don't know. We'll see I guess.

Finally, it may be a coincidence but the lag has been pretty bad in the games tonight. I was dropped from a game, and that hasn't happened in a while.

ADS Fenix wrote:
I'm sorry if this was addressed and I'm just missing it, but I assume the standard Magnum will continue to be the main starting sidearm in the game after the update, and it's one of the weapons that will be updated, so why are we spawning with Gunfighters rather than Gunfighters being placed somewhere on the map?
Everything will go back to how it was after the test, but the standard Magnum is not part the tuning update that is why it is not one of the included weapons. Look at the quote I have in the earlier part of this post, and it states they are thinking about having BR/Gunfighter as a standard loadout for ranked play.
I like BR starts that's all I want to say
I think the start weapons are unique and its nice to have a change from the default
Played one match and hated every moment of it. CTF on Fathom was no big deal, but BR and Gunfighter magnum just felt wrong.

If BR starts only stay in the HCS playlist then I won't complain (I despise it tremendously and try to avoid it at all costs), but if this is something that is going to affect all of the arena playlists then count me out. BR starts in arena is a terrible idea.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
[...]
I'm not sure since some explanations were a bit clear but I don't think the BR/Gunfighter starts is lasting the entire time. [...]
I really don't think so. I re-read the blog post, and this:
Quote:
We’re also experimenting with changing the starting loadouts for Team Arena to BR & GunFighter Magnum. [...]
If they are wanting to test out the BR & Gunfighter Magnum why wouldn't they have it for the whole tuning test[...]
eLantern wrote:
Are we seriously debating Reach bloom in this thread?
ADS Fenix wrote:
I'm sorry if this was addressed and I'm just missing it, but I assume the standard Magnum will continue to be the main starting sidearm in the game after the update, and it's one of the weapons that will be updated, so why are we spawning with Gunfighters rather than Gunfighters being placed somewhere on the map?
Everything will go back to how it was after the test, but the standard Magnum is not part the tuning update that is why it is not one of the included weapons. Look at the quote I have in the earlier part of this post, and it states they are thinking about having BR/Gunfighter as a standard loadout for ranked play.
I had a stupid and forgetful moment. You're right, and I don't know what I was thinking. I've been following these updates and anticipating the changes... they're changing only the Gunfighter, not the regular Magnum. I don't know why I forgot that today and started thinking they were changing both. They've made it clear enough. I guess it's just staying in my mind subconsciously in regard to this update because I WANT it adjusted so bad. I have always felt that, while I love the look, sound, and everything else about the performance of the H5 standard Magnum, it has way too much range. It can compete with the BR at ranges that should be far outside of the Magnum's area, in my opinion. I wish it was a part of this update. And I suppose the other reason I was confused is that they're talking about ranked, competitive play, and the Gunfighter seems so much less competitive than the standard Magnum because shot accuracy is so much less important with a bigger magazine and way faster firing rate. So I don't see why the would make it the new loadout pistol, instead of the regular Magnum. But I guess we'll see how it acts after the update drops. Thanks for the correction.
Reminder, this is WEAPON TUNING TEST - PHASE ONE FEEDBACK NOT Reach discussion.
Take the debate elsewhere :D
I'm still waiting for the Assault Rifle that fires Scorpion shells, Get on that 343!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13