2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
ADS Fenix wrote:
I guess it's just staying in my mind subconsciously in regard to this update because I WANT it adjusted so bad. I have always felt that, while I love the look, sound, and everything else about the performance of the H5 standard Magnum, it has way too much range. It can compete with the BR at ranges that should be far outside of the Magnum's area, in my opinion. I wish it was a part of this update.

And I suppose the other reason I was confused is that they're talking about ranked, competitive play, and the Gunfighter seems so much less competitive than the standard Magnum because shot accuracy is so much less important with a bigger magazine and way faster firing rate. So I don't see why the would make it the new loadout pistol, instead of the regular Magnum. But I guess we'll see how it acts after the update drops. Thanks for the correction.
No worries. No need to berate yourself about it. We are here to help each other as well as give our opinions.

Now I disagree with you on the Magnum. I like the state of it right now. I am glad that they aren't changing it. It's my most used weapon.

I am not too sure about the Gunfighter either. I have to admit though I am enjoying running around spamming the -Yoink- out of it. I am loving the Ability tracker too. Especially since most players don't know about it.

Playing and picking up any weapon I know is in the test. I am having fun, and can see the Diamond just over the horizon. 🙂👍
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
So far it seems good. AR feels like its tougher to aim shots. Good. BR...haven't used it much. Will keep trying it all out.
ske7ch wrote:
Please use this thread for official Phase One feedback! Following yesterday's game patch, Team Arena has now been updated and we're officially underway with "Phase One" of the Halo 5 Weapon Tuning Test!

Reminder: You can read all about the Halo 5 Weapon Tuning Test in this BLOG POST.Weapon Tuning Test - Phase One SummaryFrom today (9/6) through Sunday (9/10), Team Arena will feature adjusted loadouts and map settings in order to establish a baseline for the public test of the re-tuned weapons. During Phase One we'll be gathering game data and providing some context to players so you have a reference point once weapon tuning is updated next week.

On Monday, 9/11, Team Arena will be updated again and renamed to "Weapon Tuning Test" which will include the new re-tuned versions of everything included in the public test. Until then, please check it out and let us know what you think about the new starting loadouts (keep in mind that the BR/Gunfighter are getting tuned so the current versions aren't necessarily 'optimized' as starting loadout weapons) and any other feedback you have regarding this first phase.

Thank you for your participation and help with the Halo 5 weapon tuning test!

Note: The "Weapon Tuning Test Early Feedback" forum thread is now locked but can found HERE.
I really like the gunfighter magnum the way it was, but either way I'm impressed. This isn't relevant, but I've shared my negative opinion of 343 with people on several occasions, but lately not anymore. I've been so amazed at how interactive 343 is with their fans. Well you anyways, don't really see any other people from 343 on the forums other than you. I just want to say people like you make 343 great.
I really like the gunfighter magnum especially with the extended ammo, but it's still outclassed by the BR in most situations. I'm sure after the tune this will change, but unless I'm in your face spamming the magnum as fast as possible, BR will win the encounter.
haven't tested it yey but just wanted you guys to know that needler is not functioning right,when you die while shooting the guy that kills you the needles don't connect as they should.
I'm really enjoying the new weapon starts so far, big fan of the gunfighter magnum. My only complaint is that BRs are still so common on many maps as a pickup weapon. I understand why this is the case at the moment, but if this change is here to stay, I hope we can get those BRs on the maps replaced with a wider variety of weapons.
eLantern wrote:
I hope we can return to more skill based shooting like ... Reach.
And I don't know how many times it needs to be explained for how many years, but randomness does not equate to skill. Coming out the winner in a random number generator does not make you the more skilled or knowledgeable player. It just means you got lucky.
You know, every game has to have a hint of randomness. Every boardgame, every video game... by the definition of a game, it isn't a game without randomness or perceived randomness.

Anyway, @343i, I think the test is looking fairly positive so far.
I really like the gunfighter magnum especially with the extended ammo, but it's still outclassed by the BR in most situations. I'm sure after the tune this will change, but unless I'm in your face spamming the magnum as fast as possible, BR will win the encounter.
Hardly. I feel like it's the perfect balance because skill does seem to matter a lot more; I personally have been able to use the Gunfighter Magnum for entire matches against nothing but BR users and it works flawlessly - even at a surprisingly long distance. I have barely even touched the BR since the update(maybe two times in the five matches I played), to afraid of ruining my streak of either good luck or true skill using the Magnum. (Plus it just feels SO good to use, the perfect fire-rate makes it way more appealing than the BR.) I think part of the reason I like it so much is that it's fire-rate 'recovers' from firing faster than the almost-sluggish BR, balancing it out since it does less damage than the BR. I've managed to time my shots very accurately, feeling that my accuracy made the encounter tilt in my favor, unlike a way that it used to.
So far it seems good. AR feels like its tougher to aim shots. Good. BR...haven't used it much. Will keep trying it all out.
The actual tuning test hasn't begun yet. "During Phase One we'll be gathering game data and providing some context to players so you have a reference point once weapon tuning is updated next week.", from the OP.

Keep playing and get a good feel for all the weapons that are being tested, and then when the add the tuning we will be able to give good feedback.

Well you anyways, don't really see any other people from 343 on the forums other than you. I just want to say people like you make 343 great.
Just so you know he's not the only one. Make sure to check out this thread: Matchmaking Feedback Update - September 5. He posts a thread every Monday, and answers questions throughout the week.

I personally have been able to use the Gunfighter Magnum for entire matches against nothing but BR users and it works flawlessly - even at a surprisingly long distance.
From the blog post: " This weapon generally performs as intended, but the tuning update is directed at making the weapon slightly less effective at longer ranges...", so don't get too used to those long ranges. It looks like that will change next week. It will be interesting to seem how much it changes with the distance.

I am loving the Grenade Launcher. I haven't had too many chances to use it. I hope that after the test 343 decides to keep it in Team Arena or maybe add it to HCS.
Skippy575 wrote:
Played one match and hated every moment of it. CTF on Fathom was no big deal, but BR and Gunfighter magnum just felt wrong.

If BR starts only stay in the HCS playlist then I won't complain (I despise it tremendously and try to avoid it at all costs), but if this is something that is going to affect all of the arena playlists then count me out. BR starts in arena is a terrible idea.
No BR starts in HCS either please.
Single shot. hit or miss, none of this "partial credit" stuff.

So i played a few games with BR/Mag starts. The gunfighter mag destroys up close as long as you hit. But its AA is fairly low. I'm not sure how they are going to make it fit the "destroy up close but not far away" niche more than it already does tbh.

And my GOD are (current) BR starts awful. Holy -Yoink-, 1v2ing was tough with the magnum, but you could still pull it off sometimes if you were significantly better. Its impossible with the BR. The thing just doesn't miss and even when they miss a little bit, they are still getting the partial credit i referred to earlier.

I also want to see how many "perfects per game" occur with BR starts compared to magnum starts. I bet its 4 to 5 times as many, (judging from my person n=1 experience lol).

I knew BRs were not good, but I didn't realize just how inferior they are (conceptually, not strength-wise) compared to the default magnum. This readjustment is very welcome and long overdue.
weapon balance feels nice but i don't really like the BR starts. Gunfighter feels fine but the BR doesn't in my opinion
Shyy Panda wrote:
weapon balance feels nice but i don't really like the BR starts. Gunfighter feels fine but the BR doesn't in my opinion
The "balance" hasn't actually started. The weapon placements and loadouts have changed, but the tuning of the weapons hasn't begun. Make sure to play more the next few days, and that way maybe you will be able to notice the real difference starting next Monday.

Keep an eye out here to know exactly when in happens on Monday.
I think the storm needs a bit of a buff
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Shyy Panda wrote:
The "balance" hasn't actually started. The weapon placements and loadouts have changed, but the tuning of the weapons hasn't begun. Make sure to play more the next few days, and that way maybe you will be able to notice the real difference starting next Monday.

Keep an eye out here to know exactly when in happens on Monday.
Oh. Know wonder it doesn't feel any different.
It's not part of the test, and thank goodness. It is fine the way it is.
You're joking...

Other than tier-3 power weapons, it has the fastest kill time in the game.
I was looking at that Spawn System thread and it reminded me how last night I had more bad spawns than I have ever had in Team Arena. I don't know if it is just my imagination, but out of the 16 games I played last night I had at least 5 spawns where I was spawned directly in front of an enemy. And the lag is pretty bad since the update.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13