5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
I think the storm needs a bit of a buff
Lol. Sarcasm?
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I was looking at that Spawn System thread and it reminded me how last night I had more bad spawns than I have ever had in Team Arena. I don't know if it is just my imagination, but out of the 16 games I played last night I had at least 5 spawns where I was spawned directly in front of an enemy. And the lag is pretty bad since the update.
Lag has been my biggest issue thus far, but my connect is crap and has been for the last 3 years (since my move) so it's hard for me to say if the playlist is causing me to suffer more lag than typical.
I love the br starts, is this something that's going to stay?
I don't think the gunfighter magnum is a good fit. at least in its current state it takes way to long to kill and the amount of skill required is ridiculous. if you want to stick with the gunfighter magnum you need to buff it in close range more. I don't like the idea of changing the motion tracker because it changes the stealth aspect alot, I have played every game (halo CE - 5 excluding reach) and I fell like in halo 5 stealth is perfect as is and the motion tracker should stay as it was.
eLantern wrote:
I hope we can return to more skill based shooting like ... Reach.
H
Yeah, I played a ton of Reach and had multi-high 50G2+ ranks, with my highest being Team Objective. I can easily say being one of the top 100 for that, that blooms randomness favored spamming more often than not and due to that luck nature, someone aiming dead on could miss basically by chance and anyone aiming wildly could actually end up with a better accuracy due to the bloom effect, which always annoyed me and everyone else.

TU and ZB updates were the best th8ng that happened to Reach and that feedback is why H4 completely got rid of the bloom effect from both recent halo titles afterwards. The facts are in the statistics, not in a Luck-based factor.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I'm hoping the updated iteration of the BR feels more balanced especially if it will be a starting weapon in 4v4 playlists down the road....but I honestly feel the h2 BR has more aim assist but less magnetism.
MJ2161178 wrote:
The BR and gunfighter magnum (extended mags) starts are a good idea. Can we get the extended mag variant of the gunfighter magnum as a REQ?. I would love to be able to use it in Warzone Assault.
How is it a good idea?
It makes halo 5's arena a lot more skill based. ARs are kind of easy to use. Both the BR and gunfighter magnum require skill to win in a firefight
I agree that it makes it more skill based but currently the gun fighter magnum is worthless and 9/10 I die when trying to change someone with it when the have their BR out (in close quarters) But maybe that will change with the weapon tuning
No and maybe yes. This is from the BLOG Post
Quote:
Remember these Team Arena changes are only going to be in place for about one month – week of Sept. 4 through Oct. 2. When the tuning test concludes everything will revert to the way it is now. Some, all or none of these changes might end up becoming part of the Team Arena down the road but that’s something the team will work to figure out later (based in large part on player feedback).
So make sure you keep playing Team Arena for the next few weeks, and give your feedback.

Cyanara BK wrote:
I don't think the gunfighter magnum is a good fit. at least in its current state it takes way to long to kill and the amount of skill required is ridiculous. if you want to stick with the gunfighter magnum you need to buff it in close range more. I don't like the idea of changing the motion tracker because it changes the stealth aspect alot, I have played every game (halo CE - 5 excluding reach) and I fell like in halo 5 stealth is perfect as is and the motion tracker should stay as it was.
It will be more dependent on how the change makes it work. Right now it's just the base Gunfighter. We'll know more next week.
Overall I have been enjoying the new starts, The Br gun fighter Magnum starts are a better start then the AR Magnum Starts and the HCS magnum starts as well. I think that most likely I enjoyed the new starts better because of the map design primarily.

Despite what the original idea of the original loadout was to have a loadout that covered its own bases and let players deal with almost any situations.
Ar - for close range to mid range
Pistol - for mid to a slightly longer range
and as such the other weapons in the sandbox were made to provide a better more efficient weapon for close or long range (Smg & DMR) for examples
- But with many of the maps there are instances where players with more efficient weapons are able to kill opponents unopposed ( the sneaky to theater on plaza and quite possibly most of the sneakys on the maps) dispsite players being given a weapon that should allow them to and I quote "compete with a Br and Dmr." With a changed loadout players are able to fight back and cause what I think and what the devs may think is a refinement of this game play style.
- With a lack of an automatic start is a joy to some as many are probably jumping for joy that people are removing the "scruby AR" from the loadout and an increased lack of crouching mow downs. My input to this is that __A automatic weapon within a game that has sprint is prone and inevitable to have these encounters__. The only reason it never happened as much or at all comes down to multiple factors
- CEs pistol was able to beat the AR at almost everything and with grenades from spawn predictions keeps the AR practically obsolete weapon
- H2 had its glitches and 2 automatics that useless once any person on the enemy team secured a battle rifle.--No matter the defense anyone brings to defend said glitches it doesn't change the fact that it nullified a large portion of the sandbox - only reason why it never was an issue is because many people didn't care and the MLG scene was perpetrating it because it was more effective and efficient then using the rest of the sandbox
- H3 because of a lack of sprint, a Br start in most playlists, and a larger focus on map control it was more common for people to encounter BR users then AR users in most cases. Not to mention the president of a BR dominatied scene and the AR not being seen since CE made players instinctively gravitate towards the Br
- HR with reach and we have a game where most of the competive playstyles had no automatics on any of its settings like the other games but in a casual setting with a larger more diverse range of abilities that had effects on the map Bungie probably didn't intend. Over all most the abilities nullified the use of the AR dependent on the ability used.
- With H4 we see a completely different retooling of Sprint compared to H5 and with most cases of the maps allowed players who had been caught of guard by an automatic could run in MOST cases. Not to mention the abilities such as promeathean vision before the stealth mod negates this kind of playstyle.

Coming to H5 we see a more robust ability system where the maps and abilities were tuned with the abilities in mind we and with a shield system that is tied to sprinting players aren't able to sprint from an automatic and with the AR being a more useful weapon since as the games progressed the issue of a "OP AR" is almost and inevitably. But with the retuning of other weapons and a change to the radar I believe the issue will be tuned to a more suitable state.

With the other weapon tweaks I feel they definitely are welcome.
Zimzilla99 wrote:
Overall I have been enjoying the new starts, The Br gun fighter Magnum starts are a better start then the AR Magnum Starts and the HCS magnum starts as well. I think that most likely I enjoyed the new starts better because of the map design primarily.Coming to H5 we see a more robust ability system where the maps and abilities were tuned with the abilities in mind we and with a shield system that is tied to sprinting players
I really have to disagree with you here. I am not too sure about the BR as a starting weapon. We won't really know until next week, but right now I think this weapon really hampers map movement. I can't believe tha in a way I am missing the AR, but not as a loadout weapon either just in general. The AR isn't in this test enough. Especially if they are going to change it universally throughout the game we need more maps with AR placements. Replace those Boltshots with some AR's. Maybe, I'm wrong though. When I think about it there are some AR's as pickups in a good portion of the maps, but people just aren't picking it up. It is turing into a BR test fest.

I really hope, no matter how the BR tuning goes, that HCS does not become an BR start playlist. The Magnum just needs to stay.

And your idea that these maps are tuned for sprint and the abilities I cannot agree with either. The maps are too small, and then coupled with Sprint, and the Sprint+Thrust+Slide+Jump we are able to traverse the maps with a ridiculous amount of speed. A lot of the games I play turned into a speed fest especially in Strongholds. It's not about strategy it's just running get the point, run to the next one; the same thing with CTF. But I play in a lower level so it is probably different in higher level play.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DaxSeven09 wrote:
So far it seems good. AR feels like its tougher to aim shots. Good. BR...haven't used it much. Will keep trying it all out.
The actual tuning test hasn't begun yet. "During Phase One we'll be gathering game data and providing some context to players so you have a reference point once weapon tuning is updated next week.", from the OP.

Keep playing and get a good feel for all the weapons that are being tested, and then when the add the tuning we will be able to give good feedback.

Well you anyways, don't really see any other people from 343 on the forums other than you. I just want to say people like you make 343 great.
Just so you know he's not the only one. Make sure to check out this thread: Matchmaking Feedback Update - September 5. He posts a thread every Monday, and answers questions throughout the week.

I personally have been able to use the Gunfighter Magnum for entire matches against nothing but BR users and it works flawlessly - even at a surprisingly long distance.
From the blog post: " This weapon generally performs as intended, but the tuning update is directed at making the weapon slightly less effective at longer ranges...", so don't get too used to those long ranges. It looks like that will change next week. It will be interesting to seem how much it changes with the distance.

I am loving the Grenade Launcher. I haven't had too many chances to use it. I hope that after the test 343 decides to keep it in Team Arena or maybe add it to HCS.
How long? Hopefully still longer than the shotgun's range... I finally have a very satisfying weapon for Arena, would hate to have it nerfed too much.
Played 7 games and boy was I worried that they still hadn't fix the BR I was getting head shot from across the map still. Also I don't see how the BR takes more skill than the DMR, it shoots 3 bullets and it's a pain cause you think you 4 a guy but he manages to get away.
How long? Hopefully still longer than the shotgun's range... I finally have a very satisfying weapon for Arena, would hate to have it nerfed too much.
They haven't give us specifics on that. We play the test. Let them know what we think, and go from there. This whole thing is a process. The actual changes won't be permanent unitl the 4k update in November.

Played 7 games and boy was I worried that they still hadn't fix the BR I was getting head shot from across the map still. Also I don't see how the BR takes more skill than the DMR, it shoots 3 bullets and it's a pain cause you think you 4 a guy but he manages to get away.
I know it's confusing since with the Message of the Day, and everything it seems like the changes have been implemented. However, right now the weapons have not been tuned. We are in Phase One of the testing. This means we are just playing to help 343 get a base of the weapons to be tested, and make sure all the weapons are available and working well in the playlist.

Next Monday the tuning will be up, and then we'll know for sure how the BR is going to play. Keep an eye on the forums, and make sure to fully read the posts from the devs. It will help you know for sure what is happening.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
ADS Fenix wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
[...]
I'm not sure since some explanations were a bit clear but I don't think the BR/Gunfighter starts is lasting the entire time. [...]
I really don't think so. I re-read the blog post, and this:
Quote:
We’re also experimenting with changing the starting loadouts for Team Arena to BR & GunFighter Magnum. [...]
If they are wanting to test out the BR & Gunfighter Magnum why wouldn't they have it for the whole tuning test[...]
eLantern wrote:
Are we seriously debating Reach bloom in this thread?
ADS Fenix wrote:
I'm sorry if this was addressed and I'm just missing it, but I assume the standard Magnum will continue to be the main starting sidearm in the game after the update, and it's one of the weapons that will be updated, so why are we spawning with Gunfighters rather than Gunfighters being placed somewhere on the map?
Everything will go back to how it was after the test, but the standard Magnum is not part the tuning update that is why it is not one of the included weapons. Look at the quote I have in the earlier part of this post, and it states they are thinking about having BR/Gunfighter as a standard loadout for ranked play.
I had a stupid and forgetful moment. You're right, and I don't know what I was thinking. I've been following these updates and anticipating the changes... they're changing only the Gunfighter, not the regular Magnum. I don't know why I forgot that today and started thinking they were changing both. They've made it clear enough. I guess it's just staying in my mind subconsciously in regard to this update because I WANT it adjusted so bad. I have always felt that, while I love the look, sound, and everything else about the performance of the H5 standard Magnum, it has way too much range. It can compete with the BR at ranges that should be far outside of the Magnum's area, in my opinion. I wish it was a part of this update. And I suppose the other reason I was confused is that they're talking about ranked, competitive play, and the Gunfighter seems so much less competitive than the standard Magnum because shot accuracy is so much less important with a bigger magazine and way faster firing rate. So I don't see why the would make it the new loadout pistol, instead of the regular Magnum. But I guess we'll see how it acts after the update drops. Thanks for the correction.
The Gunfighter is more competitive relative to the AR. It is spammy, sure, but still requires a headshot to get its ultra quick kill time. It has a higher skill gap than the AR, so think of it as replacing the AR in loadouts, while the BR is replacing the magnum. That might help make more sense to you.

Also keep in mind none of the weapons have changed yet. BR starts ARE TERRIBLE. We've known this since Beta. But maybe they won't be with the re-tuned BR (that is 343 goal/hope). So let's all be patient for now.
Spoiler:
Show
Thank goodness the BR is getting nerfed. It has too much range for the Arena maps, and given everyone has them, the fights never go to accuracy like the traditional Magnum does, but who shoots first.
Spoiler:
Show
It's definitely something the team is considering and this experiment will help inform the final outcome. Keep in mind that right now this is the current/default BR so we're really curious to see how these loadouts work once the new re-tuned weapons are added on Monday 9/11.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13