3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 73
SPRTN94 wrote:
BR takes way too long to kill someone I would understand if the BR shot as fast as the H2 BR then the spread bursts would work better. How it is now it just makes the BR seem really slow and inconsistent. I would just make harder to kill someone at long range. DMR,Carbine, AR, SMG, gunfighter mag seem fine. I think the rail takes a little too long to charge a tad faster i would be ok with it. Camo i think is better but still visible as you move/walk i think it should stay invisible as you move/walk. If you sprint, fire your weapon, melee, throw a grenade, or get hit then it should make it visible thats my only issue if you can change it to where camo remain invisible as you move then it would be perfect in my opinion. I have not used the rest of the remaining weapons on the list but when i do i will give you my feedback.

Thank you
Actually the H2 BR shoots slower than the H5 BR. Just saying
The returned Br I'm the weapon tuning playtest is what he was referring to -- it is indeed much slower than before.
Why is there more recoil with the BR? Thats pointless, 343. Seriously. Remove that extra recoil. Rate of fire is a tiny bit too slow. Reduce spread. Thats one issue with Halo 3s BR - its inconsistent spread.
The Halo 3 BR's "inconsistency" is largely due to people trying to use it outside of its intended range.
"The Beam Rifle currently has the same issue the USNC Sniper Rifle once did – it’s a bit too effective against targets when fired from the hip. The tuning changes being made to the Beam Rifle are designed to create parity with the UNSC Sniper Rifle update that went live in March, ensuring both weapons continue to excel in their intended roles but don’t over-excel in hip-firing situations."

Please don't randomize the projectile trajectory for long range weapons... in all of Halo history long ranged weapons were always a solely skill based thing. If you wanted to get a close range snapshot it took skill to slew that small dot of a reticle onto a fast moving target. If you randomize the weapon it'll become something like a COD quickscope match with a bunch of inconsistent firing and very little skill based operation. (Seriously, don't tune anything please)
"The Beam Rifle currently has the same issue the USNC Sniper Rifle once did – it’s a bit too effective against targets when fired from the hip. The tuning changes being made to the Beam Rifle are designed to create parity with the UNSC Sniper Rifle update that went live in March, ensuring both weapons continue to excel in their intended roles but don’t over-excel in hip-firing situations."

Please don't randomize the projectile trajectory for long range weapons... in all of Halo history long ranged weapons were always a solely skill based thing. If you wanted to get a close range snapshot it took skill to slew that small dot of a reticle onto a fast moving target. If you randomize the weapon it'll become something like a COD quickscope match with a bunch of inconsistent firing and very little skill based operation. (Seriously, don't tune anything please)
The bullet magnetism from the hip was insane. It seems like the only change they made was to lower that bullet magnetism. I don't know where you got random shots from.
I've only played a few games however so far i am not a fan of how the Br works the added recoil makes my monitor screen feel likes its vibrating non stop. I can agree with the Spread being larger therefore more challenging to use the BR. The Gunfighter Magnum shouldn't be in a ranked playlist in my mind.. it literally brings back memories of the halo 3 pea shooter. I've yet to use the DMR so hopefully i'll be able to tonight. In my all honest opinion i do not think you should change precision weapons this far into the game.. automatics and power weapons i can agree with due to them being a little bit to overpowered and easy to use. Maybe instead of investing time in weapon buffs this far into the games life a few new maps for arena based playlists and a warzone /WZA map wouldn't be bad to keep people grinding :) (Bring back the pit)
I like the new Grenade Launcher and Railgun. They feel more controlled than before, especially the Railgun.
I feel like what the devs are trying to do is get every weapon to be used equally... in reality there's no such thing as weapon "balancing". Typically the medium ranged weapons are the ones that would be optimal for 90% of engagements. Hence why the BR was being used actively in the game for the last 2 years, it's a BATTLE RIFLE, a standard issue, medium ranged weapon that could be used for a variety of close to longe ranged applications with some decent effectiveness. Don't try to randomize the weapon or hinder its capability just to make kill times longer or just to limit the amount of use or favoritism around it, that adds nothing to the game. In addition the current 'balancing' is fine as is, "tuning" the weapons 2 years into a release is nonsense and just destroys the current flow of the game that we're used to. If you want to change up some gameplay mechanics or something, use the tuning test to make the adjustments on H6.
Well said.
RollCats wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
BR takes way too long to kill someone I would understand if the BR shot as fast as the H2 BR then the spread bursts would work better. How it is now it just makes the BR seem really slow and inconsistent. I would just make harder to kill someone at long range. DMR,Carbine, AR, SMG, gunfighter mag seem fine. I think the rail takes a little too long to charge a tad faster i would be ok with it. Camo i think is better but still visible as you move/walk i think it should stay invisible as you move/walk. If you sprint, fire your weapon, melee, throw a grenade, or get hit then it should make it visible thats my only issue if you can change it to where camo remain invisible as you move then it would be perfect in my opinion. I have not used the rest of the remaining weapons on the list but when i do i will give you my feedback.

Thank you
Actually the H2 BR shoots slower than the H5 BR. Just saying
The returned Br I'm the weapon tuning playtest is what he was referring to -- it is indeed much slower than before.
Oh my mistake (^ ^")
Oops. Double post. My bad. Please delete
BR seems very inconsistent. I can shoot someone several times to the head without getting a headshot and sometimes I get a headshot for shooting someone in the chest
I'm am really enjoying the new BR, perfect shots are much more rewarding. Haven't had much of a desire to pull out the Gunfighter Mag yet. New Fuel Rod feels much better, more akin to H3 Fuel Rod IMO (which is good). Seems like the camo buff revolves around movement (i.e. you're more invisible while moving than before) which does indeed make it more powerful.
With the update to the BR I feel it doesn't feel like it's a skill based weapon anymore I can understand dropping the aim assist with it but the spread makes it a lot more random than skill based

rail gun doesn't seem like a bad change I've yet to get used to the charge time but I feel like once I get the hang of that it will be a proper power weapon like they wanted for it

the gunfighter seems to fit nicely in the roll they intended for it with the buffs it received it'll be a shame to see the regular pistol go in its place though considering how perfectly balanced it was
The BR genuinely feels awful. As it wasn't a starting weapon it felt perfect before as a gun you would try to control the spawns. Keep it how it was, perhaps with a little less magnetism and increase the spawn times so they cannot be spammed. To differentiate the dmr just increase the magnetism at long range and reduce it at short range. The BR was perfect as a fun mid ranged weapon. In h3, the br was horrible to use in my opinion, those who mastered it just dominated the game and there was basically nothing you could do to level the playing field. In h5 the skill curve is more relaxed but still challenging enough.

The Rail gun..., oh jeez. It feels like the charge time is far too long and it's next to impossible to land a ranged shot. It's a power weapon, let it be powerful!

I think I can finally move on to another online shooter if this is the future of h5. I've played every halo game to death (im old as -Yoink-) but I'm one of the few people that actually think the weapon balance is the best it's ever been, at least in terms of how fun the weapons are to use. Seems I'm in the minority.
Br and railgun are horrific to play with not enjoying the game at all now...find some better ways to spend your resources 343!!!!
MKFREYA wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Leave the weapons as is... I don't recall anyone asking for the weapons to be "tuned"... especially two years into the release. If the BR tune goes through I'm done playing H5 multiplayer.
AMEN TO THAT BRO. Like if these are also test for Halo 6. Count me out. I'm sure others won't purchase h6 if these changes will be made in that game as well lol..
And the opposite could be true. Since I recall a lot of people asking for both the BR and AR to receive a change to them, and I guarantee players will buy Halo 6 if this is how they plan on universally keeping balance. One playlist isn't enough.

MKFREYA wrote:
Boltshot: is your best tuning, it's finally powerful but not so much, it's your best job in this weapon tuning
Sniper rifle: nothing bad, it's okay
There were no changes to the Boltshot or the Sniper Rifle.
Really? I felt several changes in the boltshot
It feels m7ch more viable 8n the sandbox due to the br nrrf
I have no complaints so far on this update.
I will make another post later about my opinions on the tuning specifically. I can say that I'm very disappointed. The balance in the game was already good. Granted it wasn't perfect, but each gun felt useful in Halo 5, especially the DMR and BR. This update pretty much made every gun weaker and not as useful as they should be. I will admit that people overreacting about the BR change And to be honest, it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, The change however, makes the gun more inconsistent. And that is bad. I do understand that 343 wants us to lead our shots and use a little more strategy, However, that kind of thinking only works in slower paced games like Halo 3. Guardians is a game about precision and consistency and the new BR discourages the latter. The other weapon updates either feel lackluster or downright useless. The AR and SMG updates are rather bad with the AR getting a heavy nerf that makes it useless and the SMG is still pretty much the exact same. It honest to God makes me wonder why these updates were even included. The same goes for the DMR as well. The only weapon update that I appreciate is the Energy Sword nerf, making it no longer an overpowered weapon like it once was. No longer will the speed boost make you a speeding tank. It makes the weapon still deadly, but not dominant. The other tuning updates I either noticed no effects or I didn't mess around with. I assume that they will be a useless and unnecessary as the other weapons in this update. To clarify, this update could've been a lot worse. But this update was useless. It doesn't fit well in Guardians and makes a fast paced competitive game inconsistent and a disappointment. This game will be a drag to play if this update is implemented. I love Guardians to death, and I don't want this update to ruin it.
I will still play this playlist once in a while to see if my opinions change, but the more I play, the more I get displeased with the update. 343, leave Guardians the way it was.
I currently like how the weapon tunes are playing. It took some time for me to get used to it but its still a lot of fun. Here are my thoughts on the starting weapons:
  1. THE BR: I like where you are going with the Battle Rifle, but it needs a slight increase in fire rate in between bursts and burst fire rate. Don't make it like the pre-tune BR, but strike something somewhere in between. Currently with the burst fire being so spread out, it creates inconsistencies in perfect kills and people don't get punished for making bad plays out in the open.
  2. The Gunfighter Magnum: I don't know why this weapon was nerfed. I do like what you did to the zoom however. It never really felt overpowered at all previously.
*Note* For those that are complaining and want the pistol to still be a starting weapon. You have to understand that the point of a utility weapon is to be able to outplay any weapon in the sandbox with skillful use. The pistol however, was not a good enough utility weapon because EVERY precision weapon was better than it. What was the purpose of using it when you could just pickup a direct upgrade to your gun, and have an easier time killing someone who had a much better shot? Unless they make the pistol a 4sk, this will take the utility spot.
Thanks for providing this platform for feedback. i played a few games before the tuning, and as most expected, the br felt extremely over powered as a starting weapon. you would get melted easily for being in a slightly open area. So i was curious how the br would feel after the update. I don't really love it so far. it feels like now the best thing to do is almost spam the br as cover fire to see if you get enough shots on someone as oppose to really shooting well.

it certainly feels less powerful which is good if it's to be a starting weapon, but i personally don't think it's a good decision to replace the pistol start in arena with this tweaked br. the pistol rewards well timed and accurate shots, where each shot has to count. the br feels more like a spamming weapon with everyone having one on these smaller maps. and you certainly can do well with the br, but it just doesn't feel right. to me, halo has always been a precision shooter and the pistol did this perfectly. the br is a core weapon of Halo but I'm Halo 5 i believe it serves best as a pickup weapon on map, pre-tuning, instead of a starting weapon. I think the HCS playlist is great, and the assault rifle and automatic tweaks can do well in that playlist, but if battle rifle starts rollout to all playlists, i think it would be a huge step back.

I also play a fair amount of warzone and i would imagine that this tweaked br would perform pretty poorly in that mode. In short, i think the br is fine where it stood before the tweak in all modes, and shouldn't be a starting weapon in arena.
So, I'm only going to primarily stick to the BR and the Pistol...
I was a little shocked when I was getting into some close range BR fights, however the mid range is where it really stood out. Nevertheless, with the speed and proximity of halo 5 (more often than not) close ranged fights happen regularly. I notice the burst was wider in close ranged fights as well, this could be me overthinking it or imagining, but I kinda get the idea with what y'all are trying to do.
Switching from a mid range weapon to a close range weapon as the scenario persists. I do believe that most people want to just use the starting BR more often than switching... however it's pretty effective.
The magnum definitely has become less effective, the idea of zooming in with that gun is terrible... nevertheless, it accomplishes the mission of switching from mid to short range fights.
I hope the change is a little over compensated for, meaning that when the change actually goes into effect it's not as drastic.
-OshByOsh (Ollie)
Best regards.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 73