OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 73
I completely agree that the weapon testing details need to be released. It’s only fair so people can understand how the new tuned weapons work rather than guessing the new changes! For example look at SMITE they always tell in detail what changed every update in their game. And it works wonders.
no no no just no. eventually yes. Once everything is finalized and the whole game gets the update sure. But for this test? no.

There is enough bias in this test since its the players that have stuck around for 2 years that have the input. All the Halo fans that left because they dont like the way the new weapons play aren't going to have any input.

Telling everybody exactly what changes were made beforehand will just cause people to make up their minds about whether the changes are good or bad before they even get a chance to play. I have been very critical of a lot of 343's decisions in the past, but this one i fully support.
Apoll0 wrote:
I completely agree that the weapon testing details need to be released. It’s only fair so people can understand how the new tuned weapons work rather than guessing the new changes! For example look at SMITE they always tell in detail what changed every update in their game. And it works wonders.
no no no just no. eventually yes. Once everything is finalized and the whole game gets the update sure. But for this test? no.

There is enough bias in this test since its the players that have stuck around for 2 years that have the input. All the Halo fans that left because they dont like the way the new weapons play aren't going to have any input.

Telling everybody exactly what changes were made beforehand will just cause people to make up their minds about whether the changes are good or bad before they even get a chance to play. I have been very critical of a lot of 343's decisions in the past, but this one i fully support.
Totally agree!
eLantern wrote:
I can't be the only one thinking this: Are you going to share the exact details of these changes? The descriptions given here are nebulous and don't explain the specific changes being made:
Quote:

This is very vague. Will the BR still be a 4-shot? Are they lowering its RRR? How exactly are they changing the AR? Will the Railgun go back to being projectile? How do they plan on changing the Carbine to reflect its intended role? etc. etc. etc.

I belive ske7ch mentioned that post test the changes made would be released to us.
Cool, thanks.
So the railgun has been nerfed hard. Reaction kills with it are now pretty much imposible.
BR feels..... different, much less range now and the 3 burst is a lot slower, much harder to land three bullets at long range.
Not really seeing a difference with the gunfighter.
Just tested the BR.

Not terribly happy about the nerf.

That being said, it feels like doing so is going to force player creativity and give greater relevance to the DMR.
I'm not sure what has been done to the BR but it does feel a little harder to use, I'm rarely seeing people getting perfects in the killfeed now including myself which feels good to me, the BR was far to easy to use and was everybody's instant go to weapon and made matches very dull and unvaried.

The BR actually needs some skill now and I can tell as I lost a 1v4 but still got the most kills by 7 despite them using all the power weapons and tea-bagging me to get me to leave like my teammates and I just fought back with the BR.

Also I've noticed a lot of players leaving in matches and I feel like that might be to do with it being ranked, nothing is saltier than a losing ranked player (I'm social so losing has never bothered me). If the gametype was moved to social I think more people would play and more feedback would be recieved otherwise their would be a bias of ranked opinions. That's just how it feels to me.

I don't know if anything has been done to the gunfighter magnum but I can use it now (I was never good with it until now). I also like how to SMG has a much wider starting reticle, makes it feel a lot better. Haven't had the chance to use the AR or railgun yet and I don't feel like there's anything different with the Beam rifle or the Grenade launcher atm
I'll wait until I get home to give a definitive opinion but from what I'm seeing here it looks like the br ttk is higher? I'll keep an open mind till I've tried the test but whatever ends up becoming the utility weapon should have a lower ttk alongside lower aim assist and bullet magnetism.
I'm not sure what has been done to the BR but it does feel a little harder to use, I'm rarely seeing people getting perfects in the killfeed now including myself which feels good to me, the BR was far to easy to use and was everybody's instant go to weapon and made matches very dull and unvaried.

The BR actually needs some skill now and I can tell as I lost a 1v4 but still got the most kills by 7 despite them using all the power weapons and tea-bagging me to get me to leave like my teammates and I just fought back with the BR.

Also I've noticed a lot of players leaving in matches and I feel like that might be to do with it being ranked, nothing is saltier than a losing ranked player (I'm social so losing has never bothered me). If the gametype was moved to social I think more people would play and more feedback would be recieved otherwise their would be a bias of ranked opinions. That's just how it feels to me.

I don't know if anything has been done to the gunfighter magnum but I can use it now (I was never good with it until now). I also like how to SMG has a much wider starting reticle, makes it feel a lot better. Haven't had the chance to use the AR or railgun yet and I don't feel like there's anything different with the Beam rifle or the Grenade launcher atm
I definitely agree with the updates (this doesn't mean I like them, simply that I agree with the reasoning)--but to address moving it to social: Why? It's meant as a reward for the brave and mature. If people don't have the chops to test the weapon updates, so be it. Making it social would make it rather unrewarding.
Apoll0 wrote:

I agree with your assessment, and with the updates as a whole; but why are they nerfing the DMR at close range? Seems to me that if it works well at long range, it should work fine at mid and short; unless they're worried about OPing the weapon?

I definitely agree with the updates (this doesn't mean I like them, simply that I agree with the reasoning)--but to address moving it to social: Why? It's meant as a reward for the brave and mature. If people don't have the chops to test the weapon updates, so be it. Making it social would make it rather unrewarding.
Arena is sort of unrewarding as it is, you don't get many req points of much exp and the rank often means very little as it doesn't truly represent skill. By moving it to social more people (probably I don't know how the masses think) will try it out, people leaving the game mid match means they don't test the weapons and just get frustrated, meaning they can't test the weapons fully and leave unreliable feedback. In social players often don't care about winning or losing as much as ranked players and so will play and test the update through to the end of the match. allowing more reliable feedback. Ranked in general can also deter players as they feel they'll only meet people who'll dominate them and so they wont play reducing the potential testers whereas in social everyone can kinda feel welcome

Arena is sort of unrewarding as it is, you don't get many req points of much exp and the rank often means very little as it doesn't truly represent skill. By moving it to social more people (probably I don't know how the masses think) will try it out, people leaving the game mid match means they don't test the weapons and just get frustrated, meaning they can't test the weapons fully and leave unreliable feedback. In social players often don't care about winning or losing as much as ranked players and so will play and test the update through to the end of the match. allowing more reliable feedback. Ranked in general can also deter players as they feel they'll only meet people who'll dominate them and so they wont play reducing the potential testers whereas in social everyone can kinda feel welcome
From that perspective...yes. not sure why Arena hands out such crap REQ and XP, though....

As this isn't related to weapon tuning, however, I'll drop that subject and add this.

I resent the DMR changes somewhat, the least 343i could have done was added a bigger magazine.
I'll wait until I get home to give a definitive opinion but from what I'm seeing here it looks like the br ttk is higher? I'll keep an open mind till I've tried the test but whatever ends up becoming the utility weapon should have a lower ttk alongside lower aim assist and bullet magnetism.
Not really. Seems relatively unchanged, just people are hitting that max TTK less often due to the recoil changes.

From that perspective...yes. not sure why Arena hands out such crap REQ and XP, though....

As this isn't related to weapon tuning, however, I'll drop that subject and add this.

I resent the DMR changes somewhat, the least 343i could have done was added a bigger magazine.
I'm yet to try out the DMR, what maps does it occur on and where? I want to help with this feedback as much as I can

TO add to this. Ranked play has tighter matchmaking so it will give you a better representation of how the weapons perform against your own skill level.
The weapon tuning seems fair so far. My main complaint has to be grenades. With dual precision weapons, the amount of grenade spam has seemed to greatly increase. I've recorded clips of where I see both teams doing nothing but throwing grenades in order to get that head shot.
Personal recommendation: Reduce the amount of grenades the player spawns with to one. This could make players have to think twice before using grenades. They would have to be more tactical with how they use it as they spawn.

This is only a personal recommendation/opinion. Even without making the above recommended change, the game play is manage able. Just a preference ^_^
The BR is awful, too slow and feels inaccurate.
Get good son. I used the BR in Team Arena today and the nerf hasn't affected me at all. I can still out BR people as much as I could before the Nerf. Only difference now is that the BR takes way more skill to use. If you played Halo 3 and used the BR, then the nerf won't really affect you in anyway.
Rail: I think the rail gun is way to under powered. It would've made sense to more auto aim away from it at closer ranges so it could be used at longer ranges, which is what you guys wanted. I thought the rail gun was perfect the way it was. Either keep the longer charge up, but take it out of HCS maps, or adjust the auto aim and keep it everywhere.

BR: Geez this is the biggest Nerf out of everything, completely unneeded one at that. Once again, just change the auto aim at medium ranges slightly if anything, but it was fine the way it was. The new rate of fire is horrible, it will be outclassed by anything at any range, especially the pistol.

DMR: The DMR seems fine with this tune, nothing really to complain about. Was it a needed Nerf? No. Will it change anything? No.

Carbine: To be honest, the carbine was only used for it's fire rate and being able to put pressure down because of its good trade offs; fast fire rate, but low damage. With this new tune, the Carbine seems unwanted, maybe more of a secondary to switch to just in case but that's it. Might wanna keep the rate of fire but make it 8 shot kill.
Question, why was the scattershot not buffed? Its been horrible for TWO YEARS.
I know this is focused on weapons tuning (which I'm loving the start out weapons by the way.) But this is the way the map rotation should be. I love the variety strongholds on stasis? Hell yeah! I know it's not an hcs rotation, but it shouldn't be! The variety has been such a great breath of fresh air for me. Keep up with the meddling you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!
Dear 343i, could we get this "Weapon Tuning Test" in custom games before you take down the playlist? Heck even leave it in customs until the final release. I just cant get the amount of time with the new weapons as id like, and customs would allow players to get more time with the new weapons.
I feel like none of these changes should be added to HCS at all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 73