2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 73
The Battle Rifle feels amazing. The shots are a 3 shot burst now and it feels heavier. It's more accurate now at least for me. I feel like I'm using the Halo 4 BR all over again! :)
BR is to good
People complained that the 'original' H5 BR was too powerful and too easy to use in arena. Maybe slightly. But consider this: you already get penalized slightly for using a BR because you have to take the time to go find one!

You'll notice that in high level (e.g. pro) gameplay, most people just use the magnum, because the game is too fast paced for them to spare the time getting a BR. In that time, you've given up map position or the enemy has re-spawned. So it makes sense that the BR should be "slightly" better than the magnum because of the time penalty to finding one. Ditto for the carbine and DMR, even though they should have slightly different specialties.

All the had to do with the BR was slightly reduce the RoF, and possibly very slightly reduce the RRR or bullet magnetism, but otherwise keep the mechanics the same. it would still "feel good" as a weapon but be a little less powerful. And nerf the AR/SMG/Storm rifle. That would have been fine! Instead, they made all the weapons zero fun to use and not skillful because of the spread.
Halo is rigged BS
Halo is rigged BS
What on earth do you mean?
I hate this test and how they messed up the br with its random bullet spread and every other gun with the same nerf. If you wanna help balance the guns, lower the aim assist and distance the gun can shoot from .
Hi, I'm Italian therefore I apologize for my English. I personally enjoyed some aspects of this balance, while others are ruining my gaming experience. I start from positive ones.
-Reach Grenade Launcher: Perfect.
-Beam Rifle: Nice.
-Active Camo: Now looks like good ahah.
-Energy Sword: It's okay.
-DMR: Nice.
-Gunfighter Magnum: Good.
-Radar: Just beautiful.
For the rest ..
-Battle Rifle: Inaccurate and slow. People use it only because it is the initial weapon, magnum is much more reliable. Now it's even hard to make the perfect kill.
-Assault Rifle: I do not understand what is the change but .. does it really serve to rebalance the classic assault rifle?
-SMG: Same thing, I do not understand what changes.
-Railgun: Too slow.
-Covenant Carbine: Now it's virtually useless. As long as you shoot you are dead.
-Fuel Rod Gun: It was good before.

So.. Please 343,don't ruin the Battle Rifle. It's not the way to balance it
Br/gunfighter starts: I dont like the br as a starting weapon. It should be a pick up weapon. The standard magnum is one of the most satifying weapons to use. Its sad to see it removed. The magnum/gunfighter could be an alternative.

Br: like the slower burst, and redused aim assist/magnetism. However i dislike th random spread. More randomness should never be implemented. And again i strongly dislike this weapon as a starter weapon. As a pick up its probably a bit week.

Rail: the increase in charge time is way to large. I have seen a lot of time people dont even bother to pick it up. Its way underpowered now.

Radar: really like it. Promotes more aktiv and smart
play, and less camping.
I hate this test and how they messed up the br with its random bullet spread and every other gun with the same nerf. If you wanna help balance the guns, lower the aim assist and distance the gun can shoot from .
Jesus people think BR now is good Idk why, that weapon now is useless. I shot the enemy in the face and they don't die.
Remove the random spread.
The Battle Rifle feels amazing. The shots are a 3 shot burst now and it feels heavier. It's more accurate now at least for me. I feel like I'm using the Halo 4 BR all over again! :)
Halo 4 BR wasn't inaccurate and random shooting I remember.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
BR is to good
WHAT? M8 are you serious?
RECRUIT - IRON

The BR for some reason shoots weirdly slow and I don’t like it. People have way to much time to find cover and I end up not finishing my kills. But otherwise everything is great.
Hi, I'm Italian therefore I apologize for my English. I personally enjoyed some aspects of this balance, while others are ruining my gaming experience. I start from positive ones.
-Reach Grenade Launcher: Perfect.
-Beam Rifle: Nice.
-Railgun: Okay, maybe a little too slow to load now.
-Active Camo: Now looks like good ahah.
-Energy Sword: It's okay.
-DMR: Nice.
-Gunfighter Magnum: Good.
-Radar: Just beautiful.
For the rest ..
-Battle Rifle: Inaccurate and slow. People use it only because it is the initial weapon, magnum is much more reliable. Now it's even hard to make the perfect kill.
-Assault Rifle: I do not understand what is the change but .. does it really serve to rebalance the classic assault rifle?
-SMG: Same thing, I do not understand what changes.
-Covenant Carbine: Now it's virtually useless. As long as you shoot you are dead.
-Fuel Rod Gun: It was good before.

So.. Please 343,don't ruin the Battle Rifle. It's not the way to balance it
Totally agree
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
While I share the sentiment that many others have voiced that the br is too easy in h5, the weapon tuning playlist does not address the issue properly. I find myself in agreement with vetoed who voiced his thoughts here.
Heh I had just posted that a few posts back. He really makes some damn good points particularly when he showed the randomness of the H3 BR compared to the tuned H5 BR. And I definitely agree that it would be nice if 343 were more transparent about the changes made and actually responded to this thread, however I doubt that will happen. Sadly..
Yeah I didn't have time to look through all the previous posts or I would've just liked yours.
Understandable ma duu
Halo 4 BR wasn't inaccurate and random shooting I remember.
I meant that the slower 3 shot burst felt like the halo 4 BR, at least that's how I remember it... Honestly I don't really care if the BR goes back to it's original state, I like both the current and the pre-tuned one.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
This is not the way to fix the BR, the weapon is shaky and extremely inconsistent. It has been turned from a little OP to completely useless. If you play on a high ping connection like myself, achieving a hit marker is almost impossible. Also if you look at peoples post stats, consistently average accuracies have shot through the floor. The gun is no longer a precision weapon in this condition. I would rather not have the gun in the game if it is going to preform in this manner.
This is my sentiment exactly.. I play btb a lot. I have an entire community of players specifically playing btb and implementing strategies. Since 12 man warzone was taken away, this was the next logical move.. it's not perfect but it keeps us big teams playing together.. the br is the essential gun to these large maps.. based on the arena games so far.. the BR is useless.. I know it's a test, but it's not right.. my man said it best. So what's next for btb? DMR Starts?
Maybe what it was designed for by the Forgers who made the maps, Pistol starts.
Ok, ever shoot a banshee with a magnum? How about a guass warthog? You need range in btb.
Hi there. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Holaaa La verda no me gusta el radar deverian dejarlo como estaba antes las armas estan bien ecepto el railgun no me gusto es demasiado el tiempo que tarda en disparar
Holaaa La verda no me gusta el radar deverian dejarlo como estaba antes las armas estan bien ecepto el railgun no me gusto es demasiado el tiempo que tarda en disparar
Hello, I really do not like the radar, I should leave it as it was before the guns are ok, but the railgun I did not like is too long the time it takes to shoot

Translated for non Spanish speaking peeps
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 73