4. 52
  5. 53
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. ...
  9. 73
DaxSeven09 wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Following a great deal of internal playtesting and iteration, we’re now readying to release these re-tuned weapons to the wild to get game data and player feedback to determine the final results.
The fact that they have had "...a great deal of internal playtesting...", and still thought the BR was a good idea is a little worrisome. There will inevitably be very little AR data due to it not being a loadout, and I haven't seen hardly anyone picking it up. I don't even understand why there are still untuned weapons on the maps like the Storm Rifle, Boltshot, and Needler. Vetoed has already showed us that there are going to be times when someone picks up one of these uncontested weapons and wrecks the game with it.
I've been picking up the AR sometimes in strongholds, it doesn't seem different.
I have been picking it up too, and from what I can tell is the spread is a lot bigger. I have had a couple of games where most of the other team has quit, and it has given me a chance to look at the weapons a little closer. The AR has changed with the spread, and seems to require more controlled pulse shot than before. I like it actually. I just wish it was more available than one pick up on a map here or there.

I could be wrong here but this is what I can remember at this time. AR spawns (and these are with the Silencer)

Fathom: 2 both Treehouses
Regret: 1 Bottom MId
Coliseum: 1 Bottom Mid
Truth: None
Stasis: Stongholds only, AR Bottom orange elevaor
Torque: 2 Not sure what it's called but the Hallways on either side
The Rig: None
Eden: 1 Camo spawn
Empire: 1 Bottom mid
Plaza: None
Edit: added AR on Stasis after RollCats posted.That's it I think. If I am right that is 4 out of 10 maps without an AR. How will this be a comprehensive test of the AR a weapon that it still a loadout weapon in most playlists. It just seems like it was overlooked or was purposefully left out.
Ah, that explains it, I was only using it at very close range.
I did not like the modification of weapons the truth, better they should fix servers instead of this or at least not change the BR that I did not like how I stay
I did not like the modification of weapons the truth, better they should fix servers instead of this or at least not change the BR that I did not like how I stay
I agree completely about investing resources into servers but the BR and autos did need a slight tweak.
Honestly I think it would be wise if they tested these new settings on BTB (or WZ, which I don't play, but anyway..) maps. That data would have to be useful, no?

As for the spartan charge, I've grown to accept it. You are somewhat vulnerable and I get plenty of kills by thruster-packing out of the way at the last second, or having a guy just completely whiff on the charge, so it evens out. I think it does slightly more damage than a melee would, correct me if I'm wrong, but it wouldn't make sense to lessen the damage to less than that of a melee. I haven't seen any people specifically mention how they'd like it to be tweaked.
Hi there. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
enves de que saquen listas feas mejoren sus servidores que estan del asco cada partida te saca
The BR Is starting to feel like the classic gun it is from halo 3. The changes are very welcomed.
imho i did like what the set weapons gave and all, i did in fact like the change to the magnum, 8/10, (this post is going to be rounded to the magnum), i just like whats been done to it, instead of being able to be killed in 5 shots and having no time to react to where the bullets are coming from, its been given a "nerf" (kinda nerf) this being a faster rate of fire but low damage output, this will lead to it being used as more of a side arm than a "better throw away my assault rifle and wipe out the pistol" kinda thing to it but thats my opinion and im pretty sure people have there own thoughts about, i personally would like to see the in game pistol changed to the weapon tuning pistol.
Jaidabecca wrote:
Yeah...the BR is awful now. I would go into detail as to why but given that this topic has 34 pages of posts I'm sure anything I say has already been said in as many ways as possible.
My advice is to play more than one game to really learn how to use the retuned BR, one game isn't enough to get a good idea on how it and other weapons work with the retuned versions
The issue is that it's a weapon with too steep a learning curve in a game where getting used to a learning curve in a weapon is difficult enough without other factors getting involved (ie. a nonfunctional CSR system or smurf accounts). The tuning test is having the unfortunate side effect of fracturing an already divided fanbase and this needs to stop. Yes, I'd say that having a whole playlist for these changes is a good idea, but not applying it to the entire game as is being planned. This will drive away too many players who are comfortable with the current BR and other weapons that have been nerfed and entrench the plague of elitism that seems to have overrun the fanbase.
Anjumara wrote:
Jaidabecca wrote:
Yeah...the BR is awful now. I would go into detail as to why but given that this topic has 34 pages of posts I'm sure anything I say has already been said in as many ways as possible.
My advice is to play more than one game to really learn how to use the retuned BR, one game isn't enough to get a good idea on how it and other weapons work with the retuned versions
The issue is that it's a weapon with too steep a learning curve in a game where getting used to a learning curve in a weapon is difficult enough without other factors getting involved (ie. a nonfunctional CSR system or smurf accounts). The tuning test is having the unfortunate side effect of fracturing an already divided fanbase and this needs to stop. Yes, I'd say that having a whole playlist for these changes is a good idea, but not applying it to the entire game as is being planned. This will drive away too many players who are comfortable with the current BR and other weapons that have been nerfed and entrench the plague of elitism that seems to have overrun the fanbase.
It sounds like what you, and many others, keep failing to realize is that this is just a test. Nowhere does it say that the weapons as they are at this very moment are already the finalized versions of what may or may not be implemented. I understand that change is scary for some people (very scary judging by all the pissing and moaning going on in this thread), but I think it'd be in our and 343i's best interests if we go ahead and cooperate with this test, give out constructive criticism that they can actually use to further their weapon tuning, and see what comes of it at the end.
Anjumara wrote:
Jaidabecca wrote:
It sounds like what you, and many others, keep failing to realize is that this is just a test. Nowhere does it say that the weapons as they are at this very moment are already the finalized versions of what may or may not be implemented. I understand that change is scary for some people (very scary judging by all the pissing and moaning going on in this thread), but I think it'd be in our and 343i's best interests if we go ahead and cooperate with this test, give out constructive criticism that they can actually use to further their weapon tuning, and see what comes of it at the end.
Quite, I've seen many people here post something like "The BR sucks, fix it or I don't play" after playing one game. 343i aren't going to be able to get proper feedback without people trying the changes for more than one or two games, I've seen someone here play a whole bunch of games and leave some really good feedback.
Apoll0 wrote:
You know what I find funny/interesting about the BR is that I have heard many reviewers say that the old, untuned BR is so easy to use but, go into any warzone or BTB game and check the number of perfects at the end it's usually only 2 or 3 on a decent player and less on lower level players. So my question is if it's so easy to use why don't more people get perfects.
People don't use the default BR for very long in warzone.
Engagements take place at significantly longer ranges.
There are 24 people on the map at a time, odds of being the only person to put damage into a player are low.

It's an apples to tea-kettle comparison.
This is true Apoll0 but you have to remember this update if applied will probably affect WZ and WZA and BTB more than Ranked Arena unless they choose to have BR starts. The point I was trying to make was that proponents of the BR needing to be nerfed said it was so easy to use. I just wanted to point out that the average player with a BR in his hands is not 4 shotting people at a high rate. I do feel the range on the BR should be reduced but other than that I think the original BR was fine and balanced.
This is true, but there is a more appropriate spot in between the 2 BRs that would be better to land on than to just straight up go back to the default. The default BR is too easy and too rangy.
Remember when I said that the BR felt amazing? Well I've changed my mind. It's too slow, has a weird fire and doesn't suit gameplay. Plus, you don't get a DMR until Req Level 6 in Warzone, so nerfing the range of the BR would make shooting impossible on Noctus and Apex. I guess it was a first impression that I had last week but now I've come to my senses.
I'm not sure what to think about it cause the aiming is more sluggish in arena than warzone for some reason.
I'm not liking the changes. Just ask Bungie how the community reacted when they added bloom on weapons in Halo Reach and bloom on hand cannons in Destiny.

Nobody likes RNG on their weapons. If BR's are too poweful at range, then reduce the damage at range. NEVER EVER add RNG to a weapon. Bullets should always go where you aim them to go. Make them less powerful: Fine. But not make it so that bullets evaporate.

If you haven't seen it: Here's Vetoed feedback video.
the changes were to my liking, the weapons feel more balanced, and you have more survival time despite flanking you. Only SMG are very close to camper places, especially in flag, maybe if getting a SMG represents an irrigation and is far from the bases, would also be a way to balance this weapon and other ... all weapons must win in the middle of combat. Thank you.Theslayer360
The BR Is starting to feel like the classic gun it is from halo 3. The changes are very welcomed.
and the fight feels more strategic
and the fight feels more strategic
The whole thing does feel slower paced and more carefully planned.
I believe that the Weapon Tuning Playlist has brought me back to playing and enjoying Halo in a competitive way from my living room. Having the BR start brings back so many memories and the game feels more traditional for me. As long as there is one Arena playlist with BR start I will play that. I hope to see this update be utilized and incorporated into HCS next season. The BR is a true mid-long range weapon and it takes skill short range in order to be successful. I find the playlist to be effective and I can feel the change in the BR power. It is not as dominate as it used to be. A very great update that I look to be in place. Keep BR start in Arena! Thank you for including the community in this!
so basically the rail gun is really bad! 343 has incressed its charge time to 1.5x to 2.0x its pre test charge rate.imo...
this is a really poor way to Nerf it, the idea that the railgun should be this long range deliberate sniper like weapon doesn't make sense because its unsuited for a long range role. the rail gun is a glass cannon typed weapon with its charge up and one shot clip so if you miss your shot your likely going to die.the reason why the railgun is unsuited for long range is because its a glass cannon weapon the charge up means you have to both time the charge and aim which becomes harder the longer the distance which is only elevated bu the low zoom of the railgun add a one shot chip on top of that and you have a weapon that is unsuited for long range.so 343i i ask how do you see the railgun working at long range effectively if at all.imo tho i think its fine being strong since its a glass cannon but if nerfs are absolutely necessary then i would lower its aim assist, projectile size, splash radius and if that still wasn't enough then i would increases the charge time by 10 to 15% not 50+%. if multiple small nerfs where put in place over an amount of key mechanics like listed then the weapon will likely be successfully nerfed without having it feel awful while increasing the difficulty of use.
So personaly ive come to the conclusion that overall i prefer the changes. Prehaps its due to the BR being easier to use than the magnum or that the AR no longer dominates CQB. What ever it is ive found that for the first time in quite a while ive started to enjoy H5 again. Ive had some extremely close and thrilling CTF games and the ranking system seemes to be actualy working as intended for once.
All in all im happy with most of the changes, especially the radar that has for the most part ruined spartan charge which is the sweetest change of all.
I 100% hear what your saying and agree the AR was OP, at range I thought mostly, but now the AR is just such garbage it's not worth even picking up lol

Again, I hear what your saying about Spartan Charge too, and though I don't hate it as much as others, I definitely think it needs tweaks if it's going to be back in future Halo titles... But now with this new radar, tracker ability one (which I don't super hate but don't super love either) I feel it all but makes Spartan abilities useless!!

I've said this before but I'll say it again... if 343I are trying to make Spartan abilities less visible (which clearly I think they are) then why even have them in the game at all you know.... go back to more of a Halo 2/3 style then (which I'm fine with it) I wish 343I would acknowledge more things that people liked with the original series. It seems like they have to make an entire game, hear the community ..."suggest" for lack of a better word lol to them that we want this or that for years, then they finally seem to acknowledge this and either put it back in the current game or in a future title (wanna bet oddball is back in Halo 6 ;)

I feel like it's like pulling teeth with 343 sometimes. I just don't get why so many decisions are made about so many things, in so many areas when we all know what the majority of Halo fans like and dislike.
Yea with the AR i think the nerf was a bit much. To be honest if they left it alone and just made it a map pickup that'd be fine.

I really like the fact that the radar makes you seriously consider whether or not to use SAs but i get what your saying, i barley ever sprint now, makes no tactical sense most of the time.

But I think it allows much more map movement and awards good mobility. I love tricking players into thinking im coming in one way before flanking round and getting the drop on them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 51
  4. 52
  5. 53
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. ...
  9. 73