4. 56
  5. 57
  6. 58
  7. 59
  8. ...
  9. 73
Hesco wrote:
Hesco wrote:
I swear to god, if the BR is this trash after the update I’m never playing any halo again. Wtf r u guys smoking? I swear y’all are just messing with us. #stopthestupidity
Ok, I wouldn't go that far, but yes, the BR is a bit much.
At least, I really hope they aren't smoking something while they're updating.
That'd be bad...
Ok maybe I went too far, however I really do feel as if the BR doesn’t need tweaked.
It needed it, it was way too powerful at any range.
Why does aiming feel so slow now?
Can anyone confirm if the tuning playlist somehow changed the actual speed of aiming?
I have my aiming JUST Right and refuse to touch it any further. It could be just me and maybe this guy I'm quoting but sometimes I do feel aiming is slower in this playlist lol
Really, really not happy so far. All these changes seem to have done is make low skilled players like me get dominated even worse than before, I can't even get a shot in this is horrendous. I just can't get any kills, the weapons just feel waaay too random
Every one is complaining about the BR. I agree that the BR Nerf was to much, however, it was too powerful. In my opinion I think all weapons, though the battle rifle and the Magnum especially, should be subject to damage drop the farther the target is away from where you are shooting. For example, a friend and I were messing around in customs and from red base to blue base in Viking I liked him using only the Magnum with 7 shots. Granted he stood still and let me, but the point is the pistol still killed him and when I hit him I did the same amount of damage as I did when sitting him at close range. So perhaps instituting DMG drop and perhaps bullet drop for increased range would help. Now as for the rail gun, I hate it. In stead of making the charge time longer perhaps lowering the hit box would be sufficient. After all the rail is starting to feel kinda like the standard splazer.
Cyanara BK wrote:
I have stopped playing this playlist as much and i realisted how much i like having my bullets go where they should be plz no spread at all, reduce reticle and zoom maybe but no spread loss
Who cares if you personally like having your bullets go where they should be? As a player you only have control over where to point the barrel to release the bullets, you're literally whining about something that was never deterministic (from your perspective) in the the first place. The new BR actually behaves closer to the way an actual battle rifle (burst fire, full cartridge) would behave in real life. The old BR was so effective at all ranges because it basically performed kinda like a 3round bullet laser gun. The weapon had a single consistent burst of recoil after what is supposed to be 3 consecutive strikes of the firing pin. The old BR performed as though 3 bullets were loaded simultaneously in the chamber, and all were fired simultaneously with perfect mechanics from a single pull of the trigger. Were that to happen in a real firearm the gun would JAM.

The way 3 round burst fire works in real life is something like trying to control multiple explosions that happen inside the rifle faster than you can blink. NO -Yoink- your rounds are going to go in random places, thats -Yoinking!- PHYSICS.

If you play Halo simply to avoid reality why not stick to the completely fictional weapons (All of the Covenant and Forerunner plasma weapons). If in the 26th century we still are using firearms that were perfected in the 20th century I'm betting we are doing so because they are still effective and the basic mechanics haven't changed.
this playlist had way too much Slayer in it ... Halo players need a playlist with just objectives (flag, assault, strongholds, king of the hill etc.) If my fireteam wanted to play Slayer we would play the Slayer playlist.
I understand you guys want to test your weapons but the amount of Slayer we have played this past month is ridiculous!!
Also the gun slinger as your secondary weapon is brutal... Bring back the AR or if you really want all hell to break loose give us SMGs and BRs
Rail gun doesn't feel like a power weapon anymore with it's lag
Enjoyed playing new objective games on new maps
This will be my last comment on the BR. Now I know this has been the biggest fuss from most people, and what I'm going to say is that we've been wanting halo to be more skill based right? If so then we should keep this BR because it takes a lot more precision to use, same with gunfighter. But about the BR, if you don't want halo to have skill then keep the old BR. Listen 343 keep this BR but get rid of this random bullet spread. This tiny thing prohibits us from playing great that want this precision weapon to be great. No wonder my shot is on and off. I'm not mad. If 343 fixes these things about the BR then all will be good. The BR has the potential to be greater than it is, and I have faith that 343 can do it.
Don't like the BR change.
The bullet spread is really annoying (especially with the BR).
The updated weapons just made everything more random - to even things out....just make it harder to use, not more random!
I like the way you support the game, but in this time, I know you want to improve the game for everyone but the weapon turning tests feels more like a lucky game ply because you didn't need skill to put shots because now the BR especially are weird. If I'm putting a headshot when there's 1guy in front of me I expect to he died.
At least you should try to put this changes in a especific play list like you did whit HCS Playlist because I feel these changes are good, but not for be implemented in all the game.
Thanks for your constantly support,
Regards.
AnnihilAda wrote:
Cyanara BK wrote:
I have stopped playing this playlist as much and i realisted how much i like having my bullets go where they should be plz no spread at all, reduce reticle and zoom maybe but no spread loss
Who cares if you personally like having your bullets go where they should be? As a player you only have control over where to point the barrel to release the bullets, you're literally whining about something that was never deterministic (from your perspective) in the the first place. The new BR actually behaves closer to the way an actual battle rifle (burst fire, full cartridge) would behave in real life. The old BR was so effective at all ranges because it basically performed kinda like a 3round bullet laser gun. The weapon had a single consistent burst of recoil after what is supposed to be 3 consecutive strikes of the firing pin. The old BR performed as though 3 bullets were loaded simultaneously in the chamber, and all were fired simultaneously with perfect mechanics from a single pull of the trigger. Were that to happen in a real firearm the gun would JAM.

The way 3 round burst fire works in real life is something like trying to control multiple explosions that happen inside the rifle faster than you can blink. NO -Yoink- your rounds are going to go in random places, thats -Yoinking!- PHYSICS.

If you play Halo simply to avoid reality why not stick to the completely fictional weapons (All of the Covenant and Forerunner plasma weapons). If in the 26th century we still are using firearms that were perfected in the 20th century I'm betting we are doing so because they are still effective and the basic mechanics haven't changed.
Reality should never be used as a justification for gameplay mechanics.
Kals Els wrote:
Hey 343 so I was thinking maybe you should just get rid of Aim Assist and Bullet Magnetism completely? After all if you want the BR to be less effective without really changing it's stats getting rid of it would actually make it harder to use and force everyone to adjust accordingly. Of course it's not just the BR that would have it's AA and Bullet Magnetism gone it's every weapon, with added affects for every other weapon, for example the BR looses some range and firing speed is tuned down(this includes the Halo2BR that needs to be slowed down to keep with the current meta in Warzone, not to mention get rid of it's fast draw ability), the AR/SMG/Autos get more bloom/spread the longer you hold down the trigger, the DMR could well nothing as cutting off it's AA and Bullet Magnetism makes it less effective close range like every other precision weapon will be.

So really just get rid of AA and Bullet Magnetism, as it will make every fire arm more difficult to use even if you don't apply any other changes to them, while keeping RRR as the most effective range.
No. Just no. No bullet magnistism would be a nightmare. In arena, try to kill your teammates with a br. It is INSANELY HARD. Turning off bullet magnitude is NOT the way to go whatsoever
My thoughts on the weapon testing is that the developers should spend less time worrying about the battle rifle and rail guns, and focus on reducing the range of the AR or at least reduce effectivness of the AR,
The BR is terrible now. It is super shakey. Shots don't hit and it is extremely inconsistent
Okay i had been playing thr daylights out of team arena to finish up a few coms.. I cant stand it anymore. I havent even played for awhile now. I didnt care for the br before now i cant stand it. Its more or less a magnum fights. Even the magnum i would rather have the basic one over this one.

The butt of the br is more useful then a full clip it seems.
I couldn't hit the board side of a barn. Now with the br i cant hit it standing inside the barn
Ive been going back and forth between this playlist and a variety of others just to compare and contrast the tuning. I do agree the sandbox needs to be adjusted. I personally don't feel like the current tuning is going in the right direction and unfortunately I don't have any more suggestions on what could be done to go in a better direction. I hope you guys get the data you need from this play test and come up with something that saves this game for everybody. Good luck.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
After playing 10 rounds in this playlist, I must say that the BR feels insanely unreliable, it feels like just two out of the three bullets actually do damage, is very inconsistent and I feel like I would not bring it into battle. Then the gunfighter magnum is a weird weapon to start a match, why was even changed? The AR was fine as a start weapon, and with the tweaks I would be even better, but then again... who asked for this? Now the Electromagnetic canon is painfully slow to charge, I get that it was a very powerful weapon but know, after almost two years of having this game, I´m very used to its charge times, and suddently, you guys make it this way, I have failed hundreds of shots because the weapon wasn´t fully charged and its very frustrating. For the other weapons... I´ll just say that the SMG is know a confetti gun and it is useless as it is know, I think that indeed it needed to be nerfed but not that much (same for the BR), and the remaining ones I haven´t really had used this weapons enough to have an opinion.
It costs me more work to kill someone with the BR as the targeting system has some flaws and the magnum is ridiculously very powerful at short range, besides that I did not like the change that they made to the grenade launcher of halo reach since it is difficult to kill someone in a less traditional and more creative way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 55
  4. 56
  5. 57
  6. 58
  7. 59
  8. ...
  9. 73