Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Weapon Tuning Test - Phase Two Feedback - 9/11

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 64
  4. 65
  5. 66
  6. 67
  7. 68
  8. ...
  9. 73
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
take out bullet magnetism and bullets that go diagonally out of your gun.
make the player have to lead his shots.
tone down the autoaim by an order of 5 magnitudes
So basically, you want a game where aiming feels just like you're trying to shoot your teammates currently..?
I swear, people who make these kind of comments must play using a keyboard + mouse connected to their xbone. How on earth can you have a console shooter with no auto-aim?? I think Halo CE (the original, not MCC) had very little bullet magnetism, but it had a fair bit of auto-aim, and it worked very well on LAN. But playing CE with a laggy connection was really hard because of no bullet magnetism, so I think that's why the online FPS games these days have magnetism, to help with the online aspect.
Have you ever played halo 1-3 this level of bullet magnetism is not on the same level as those games
in this game you can hit people even when your reticle isn't on people your bullet will curve out of your gun diagonally
this reduces skill and encourages a spray and pray style
I never said take aim assist out i said tone it down, if a guy is running away do you expect to hit him when he is on the edge of your reticle, no, but in this game you will still hit him, because your bullets curve out of your gun, its garbage
.

I played a match of halo CE and it seems there was a decent amount of bullet magnetism for the magnum, but not anywhere near the level of halo 5. It seems in halo 5 you can hit targets even when they are strafing away from you and your reticle is white. meaning you would miss in any other halo, ill have to play more, anybody have any thoughts on this?
Where did you just play a match of CE? Do you have an original xbox in your house? If you played on MCC, it feels nothing like the real CE. MCC has a TON of bullet magnetism, or huge hitboxes, or something. the OG CE was way different (better).

I played so much CE I can't begin to estimate how much. And there is not very much bullet magnetism at all, compared to H5. You really need to have the reticle centered on their head to get a hit in CE. There is a fair bit of auto-aim (sticky reticle) in CE, probably a good bit more than in H5.

I think you're confusing auto-aim and bullet magnetism. They're different.
  • Auto-aim is what helps your reticle track the enemy spartan. Some amount of this is necessary in console shooters because the sticks aren't that precise.
  • Bullet magnetism is what makes bullets "curve" towards their target even if you don't have the reticle directly on the target. People like some amount of this in online games because lag makes it hard to know EXACTLY where an enemy is (they may not be in the place where your screen shows them to be). So a little magnetism helps compensate for that.
H5 seems to have gone in the direction of using very little auto-aim, but a fair bit of bullet magnetism. I would almost prefer the opposite (more auto-aim, less bullet mag), but that's just me.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
take out bullet magnetism and bullets that go diagonally out of your gun.
make the player have to lead his shots.
tone down the autoaim by an order of 5 magnitudes
So basically, you want a game where aiming feels just like you're trying to shoot your teammates currently..?
I swear, people who make these kind of comments must play using a keyboard + mouse connected to their xbone. How on earth can you have a console shooter with no auto-aim?? I think Halo CE (the original, not MCC) had very little bullet magnetism, but it had a fair bit of auto-aim, and it worked very well on LAN. But playing CE with a laggy connection was really hard because of no bullet magnetism, so I think that's why the online FPS games these days have magnetism, to help with the online aspect.
Have you ever played halo 1-3 this level of bullet magnetism is not on the same level as those games
in this game you can hit people even when your reticle isn't on people your bullet will curve out of your gun diagonally
this reduces skill and encourages a spray and pray style
I never said take aim assist out i said tone it down, if a guy is running away do you expect to hit him when he is on the edge of your reticle, no, but in this game you will still hit him, because your bullets curve out of your gun, its garbage
.

I played a match of halo CE and it seems there was a decent amount of bullet magnetism for the magnum, but not anywhere near the level of halo 5. It seems in halo 5 you can hit targets even when they are strafing away from you and your reticle is white. meaning you would miss in any other halo, ill have to play more, anybody have any thoughts on this?
Where did you just play a match of CE? Do you have an original xbox in your house? If you played on MCC, it feels nothing like the real CE. MCC has a TON of bullet magnetism, or huge hitboxes, or something. the OG CE was way different (better).

I played so much CE I can't begin to estimate how much. And there is not very much bullet magnetism at all, compared to H5. You really need to have the reticle centered on their head to get a hit in CE. There is a fair bit of auto-aim (sticky reticle) in CE, probably a good bit more than in H5.

I think you're confusing auto-aim and bullet magnetism. They're different.
  • Auto-aim is what helps your reticle track the enemy spartan. Some amount of this is necessary in console shooters because the sticks aren't that precise.
  • Bullet magnetism is what makes bullets "curve" towards their target even if you don't have the reticle directly on the target. People like some amount of this in online games because lag makes it hard to know EXACTLY where an enemy is (they may not be in the place where your screen shows them to be). So a little magnetism helps compensate for that.
H5 seems to have gone in the direction of using very little auto-aim, but a fair bit of bullet magnetism. I would almost prefer the opposite (more auto-aim, less bullet mag), but that's just me.
I think there might be a bit of nostalgia involved with the comparison between Halo CE and MCC CE. If you were to test them both side by side frame for frame I would imagine they're identical or damn near it, as for why Halo 5 has more magnetism because Spartans are faster and there's more movement then just side to side and jumping ala classic Halo. The guns are balanced for the game they are in it's rather like comparing apples and oranges
SPRTN94 wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
take out bullet magnetism and bullets that go diagonally out of your gun.
make the player have to lead his shots.
tone down the autoaim by an order of 5 magnitudes
So basically, you want a game where aiming feels just like you're trying to shoot your teammates currently..?
I swear, people who make these kind of comments must play using a keyboard + mouse connected to their xbone. How on earth can you have a console shooter with no auto-aim?? I think Halo CE (the original, not MCC) had very little bullet magnetism, but it had a fair bit of auto-aim, and it worked very well on LAN. But playing CE with a laggy connection was really hard because of no bullet magnetism, so I think that's why the online FPS games these days have magnetism, to help with the online aspect.
Have you ever played halo 1-3 this level of bullet magnetism is not on the same level as those games
in this game you can hit people even when your reticle isn't on people your bullet will curve out of your gun diagonally
this reduces skill and encourages a spray and pray style
I never said take aim assist out i said tone it down, if a guy is running away do you expect to hit him when he is on the edge of your reticle, no, but in this game you will still hit him, because your bullets curve out of your gun, its garbage
I think there might be a bit of nostalgia involved with the comparison between Halo CE and MCC CE. If you were to test them both side by side frame for frame I would imagine they're identical or damn near it...
Sorry, but this is just so wrong. If you look at gameplay from the top CE pros back in the day, even on LAN, people just aren't getting 3-hit kills that often. It was hard to 3-hit a strafing enemy because you had to be so precise on your aiming. On MCC they raised the bullet magnetism so much that every average player in the game was 3-hitting everything the instant they saw you.

MCC CE was still a fun throwback, but it played nothing like the OG CE. Aiming (with both the pistol and sniper) were WAY easier. That might have been necessary for XBL play, but it was in fact way easier.

Edit: Example of CE. Remember these are two of the top CE LAN players (including Ogre2). They get some 3-shots but not constantly.
My feedback after approximately 50 games, i really wanted to play it a lot before giving my thought.

Like a lot others people, everything seemed off and strange especially with the BR, I can feel the reduced bullet magnetism and the spread at long range.
It took me something like 15 games to just start to get used to it (I was playing only the weapon tuning test).

Now that I’m comfortable with the loadout weapons and I found myself using the Gunfighter magnum more often at short range and getting kills with it.

I like the fact that now, your shooting skills count more than before (if you are better / smarter than your target you can totally reverse the situation and stay alive longer), and it’s the best thing I like about this playlist: you stay alive longer and don’t snipe by long range BRs or carbines.

The general long range nerf bring more closed quarter battles and movement on the map (remind me older Halo games). However, I think the spread on the BR and the recoil on the Gunfighter are a bit severe, they can stay, I understand why 343i add them but they should reduce their effects just a little bit in my opinion.

I’m still neutral about the ability radar, I prefer the classic Halo motion tracker radar. I think the idea is to keep the radar but with a more competitive aspect for the HCS. I think it’s good for HCS but I would prefer the classic one in most playlists.

About the tuned weapons in details:

BR:
Good change after I got used to the new RRR, the spread could be reduced a little bit to be perfect, but in general it’s a good change especially if 343 want it to become the new loadout weapon.

Gunfighter Mag:
Difficult to see what changed on it as I was barely using it in warzone, I like they add the SMART link to it. I got some nice close up kills with it, but the recoil is insane you have to try hard to maintain the reticle on the target, the loadout combo BR GFM work well for me.

Assault rifle & SMG:
We can definitely feel the reduced aim assist on those ones, they are harder to use now and it’s a good thing to reduce their effectiveness. I have more trouble with the SMG you really need to get ultra-close to your opponent, at a point where melee will be more effective.

Carbine:
I don’t really get what change on it, but it’s harder to get kill with it when you spam the trigger, I suppose the idea is to use it as a long-range cleaning / support weapon. The change is good is they really try to make its purpose different from the BR.

Beam rifle & grenade launcher:
I didn’t use them enough to be able to about it. I can just say that I feel you need to be more accurate with the grenade launcher to get a kill with it, with only 3 spare grenades you don’t want to spam, bringing a more tactical usage of the weapon; good change as well here.

Fuel rod cannon:
Good change in general, the weapon is a bit harder to use because of the reduce AOE, but a good player will be able to decimate a fireteam with it anyway.

For me those changes are welcome, it’s a bit hard to get used to them after 2 years on the game but it’s the good direction for Halo 6. About having the BR as starting weapon, I don’t know I was liking the H5 magnum and with a BR people will have the tendency to not try to change weapons on field.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
take out bullet magnetism and bullets that go diagonally out of your gun.
make the player have to lead his shots.
tone down the autoaim by an order of 5 magnitudes
So basically, you want a game where aiming feels just like you're trying to shoot your teammates currently..?
I swear, people who make these kind of comments must play using a keyboard + mouse connected to their xbone. How on earth can you have a console shooter with no auto-aim?? I think Halo CE (the original, not MCC) had very little bullet magnetism, but it had a fair bit of auto-aim, and it worked very well on LAN. But playing CE with a laggy connection was really hard because of no bullet magnetism, so I think that's why the online FPS games these days have magnetism, to help with the online aspect.
Have you ever played halo 1-3 this level of bullet magnetism is not on the same level as those games
in this game you can hit people even when your reticle isn't on people your bullet will curve out of your gun diagonally
this reduces skill and encourages a spray and pray style
I never said take aim assist out i said tone it down, if a guy is running away do you expect to hit him when he is on the edge of your reticle, no, but in this game you will still hit him, because your bullets curve out of your gun, its garbage
I think there might be a bit of nostalgia involved with the comparison between Halo CE and MCC CE. If you were to test them both side by side frame for frame I would imagine they're identical or damn near it...
Sorry, but this is just so wrong. If you look at gameplay from the top CE pros back in the day, even on LAN, people just aren't getting 3-hit kills that often. It was hard to 3-hit a strafing enemy because you had to be so precise on your aiming. On MCC they raised the bullet magnetism so much that every average player in the game was 3-hitting everything the instant they saw you.

MCC CE was still a fun throwback, but it played nothing like the OG CE. Aiming (with both the pistol and sniper) were WAY easier. That might have been necessary for XBL play, but it was in fact way easier.

Edit: Example of CE. Remember these are two of the top CE LAN players (including Ogre2). They get some 3-shots but not constantly.
Well I just read up on the differences between Halo CE and MCC CE and it seems like the major one is that now the game uses hitscan instead of projectiles. So you don't have to lead targets for sniping and Magnum fights, it is entirely possible that this is why it feels so different and easier to hit shots because it literally is. I haven't found info on magnetism changes or lack there of yet
Xenoscracy wrote:
Change the radar back. I want it to be where you need to croutch in order to not be seen. I have died so many time because I trust the radar and it fails me.
To be honest I didn't like the radar changes from previous versions to 5. In previous versions it covered a pretty solid range gap so you could plan your fights a little cleaner. Then the reduced radar made Spartan Charge, swords, and hammers more OP. Now they are basically saying you should have just ignored radar all along because now we are trying to either get rid of it completely or turn it into COD radar where you only see firing. The radar ability I think gave Halo its unique look. Back in the day they had an MLG playlist with no radar and pretty much everything else had a traditional radar. Now they seemingly don't know what to do with it. This seems like a Pro driven change to me. Radar is to a lesser degree is a slight equalizer if you have a team that doesn't call out well. It gives a little more independence for the silent skilled player. They seemingly want to widen that skill gap. You need to be an amazing killer AND be epic at call outs. While I understand that demand in a Professional sense 99.6% of all Halo players aren't professionals. Also a lot of pro's don't have to be cognizant of sleeping Children or triggered parents in the next room. Much of the online world has these challenges. A proper radar was a nice alternative that Halo uniquely provided.

My opinion is to use either no radar or this alternative radar for HCS only. Then revert back to either the previous H5 radar or even go back to a H2, H3, Reach, and/or H4 radar version for all other non HCS playlists.
Xenoscracy wrote:
Change the radar back. I want it to be where you need to croutch in order to not be seen. I have died so many time because I trust the radar and it fails me.
To be honest I didn't like the radar changes from previous versions to 5. In previous versions it covered a pretty solid range gap so you could plan your fights a little cleaner. Then the reduced radar made Spartan Charge, swords, and hammers more OP. Now they are basically saying you should have just ignored radar all along because now we are trying to either get rid of it completely or turn it into COD radar where you only see firing. The radar ability I think gave Halo its unique look. Back in the day they had an MLG playlist with no radar and pretty much everything else had a traditional radar. Now they seemingly don't know what to do with it. This seems like a Pro driven change to me. Radar is to a lesser degree is a slight equalizer if you have a team that doesn't call out well. It gives a little more independence for the silent skilled player. They seemingly want to widen that skill gap. You need to be an amazing killer AND be epic at call outs. While I understand that demand in a Professional sense 99.6% of all Halo players aren't professionals. Also a lot of pro's don't have to be cognizant of sleeping Children or triggered parents in the next room. Much of the online world has these challenges. A proper radar was a nice alternative that Halo uniquely provided.

My opinion is to use either no radar or this alternative radar for HCS only. Then revert back to either the previous H5 radar or even go back to a H2, H3, Reach, and/or H4 radar version for all other non HCS playlists.
The new radar seems to just make crouching redundant. I also find myself getting more seemingly cheap deaths from melee because there is no punishment for just sitting in one spot. Standard radar made the fights more about skill than positioning. That's what I feel makes Halo unique.
F4LL3N 999 wrote:
Xenoscracy wrote:
Change the radar back. I want it to be where you need to croutch in order to not be seen. I have died so many time because I trust the radar and it fails me.
To be honest I didn't like the radar changes from previous versions to 5. In previous versions it covered a pretty solid range gap so you could plan your fights a little cleaner. Then the reduced radar made Spartan Charge, swords, and hammers more OP. Now they are basically saying you should have just ignored radar all along because now we are trying to either get rid of it completely or turn it into COD radar where you only see firing. The radar ability I think gave Halo its unique look. Back in the day they had an MLG playlist with no radar and pretty much everything else had a traditional radar. Now they seemingly don't know what to do with it. This seems like a Pro driven change to me. Radar is to a lesser degree is a slight equalizer if you have a team that doesn't call out well. It gives a little more independence for the silent skilled player. They seemingly want to widen that skill gap. You need to be an amazing killer AND be epic at call outs. While I understand that demand in a Professional sense 99.6% of all Halo players aren't professionals. Also a lot of pro's don't have to be cognizant of sleeping Children or triggered parents in the next room. Much of the online world has these challenges. A proper radar was a nice alternative that Halo uniquely provided.

My opinion is to use either no radar or this alternative radar for HCS only. Then revert back to either the previous H5 radar or even go back to a H2, H3, Reach, and/or H4 radar version for all other non HCS playlists.
The new radar seems to just make crouching redundant. I also find myself getting more seemingly cheap deaths from melee because there is no punishment for just sitting in one spot. Standard radar made the fights more about skill than positioning. That's what I feel makes Halo unique.
I agree with the couching redundant. The reason I liked crouching as the only thing that wouldn't trigger radar before was because if you do get in a face to face battle with a crouched start you are at a disadvantage...which you should be...you are camping or sneaking. This new radar version will allow you to stand or walk at a normal pace meaning there is no disadvantage at all for a camping stander. Which in essence promotes more camping. I will commend the sight angles of H5. This is the least campy of all Halo versions in my opinion with Reach and H4 being the most campy by far. I enjoy that immensely. This new radar is a promotion to be campy without the penalty of starting fights from the crouched position.
i like the old BR
This playlist is straight trash now. BR over spay is horriable. The fire rate is totally off and didn't even respond right to pulling the trigger. Gunfighter mag recoil is way too strong
I dont think adding random spread to the BR is going to help with skill. Its slow and inconsistent and theres no point in aiming the weapon due to the fact youve no clue where your shots are going to land. Its giving a lot of people Reach flashbacks. Now we have to worry about how this is going to affect the game across the board
I struggle around D6 and Onyx on this playlist.

I love the BR changes. Aim assist is well reduced, but what bothers me is that when smart-linked and the enemy is in the Red Reticle Range, the bullet magnetism is huge. I tend to aim my shots good, so when I 'feel' that I miss and the bullets just trace to the enemy it feels.. Silly. And speaking of aiming, anyone ever tried to shoot a single target with the entire beam of Selene's Lance? Aim a bit down when firing the BR and you fight against the recoil/"spread".

Gunfighter Mag. My favourite go-to secondary in warzone. What feels right with the tuning change is the reduced aim assist. What I strongly dislike (besides the added smart link visuals) and think lowers the usage of the weapon in it's current condition, is the altered rate of fire. In a close quarter scenario, it just isn't possible to land every damn hit on the head. The RoF isn't fast enough to land enough body x headshots in a time it takes for someone to 2xBR & melee. So maybe, bring back the old rate of fire and keep the aim assist down? I feel like a good, agile panic weapon has been transformed to a clumsy precision gun that doesn't get the job done.

The SMG has been a huge disappointment. When I got to H5 1,5 years since launch late, I was amazed at how well the SMG was made. How free-to-use it was. Now it's basically a shotgun that fires each pellet in a row. Not a chance doing anything useful with it to the longer end of mid-range, which required experience to burst fire with it. I mean, how do SMGs behave in real life? Hold the trigger, get 3 shots on the target and suddenly it's a 1meter x 1meter shower? I didn't get to focus properly on the AR due to focusing on winning the games, but the few times I picked it up it felt like a slow SMG. Make it more rifleish. Have it pack that punch on each shot but with bloom or recoil to punish for trying to spray with it.

Fuel rod feels like the Area of ffect damage is reduced to make it less splashy-like. It feels great, you have to pre-meditate the shots more.

I haven't killed anyone with the Grenade Launcher yet in this playlist. In Reach it felt correct, you had to predict enemy movement, determine the area from which to bounce the grenade to the location where you want it to hit the enemy and ensure the grenade was in physical contact with the target as you release the trigger to get that pro one-shot-kill. The pro pipe it was called. In H5, the normal Launcher feels like you just have to hope for the best as you fire it, either get splash damage delivered to the enemy or the magnetism makes it magically bounce straight to the target. The Pro Pipe? Same thing with double the magnetism AND it detonates on contact. By itself.
I did see this gif in reddit where a player shoots with the rocket launcher aiming bit off from the target whilst having a red reticle, missing the target. Then he switches to the Grenade Launcher and moves the reticle off from red to white and the Grenade flies sraight to the enemy spartan due to the magnetism. Now first of all, I'm quite sure it might be posted in this thread. If it is, pardon me, I figured I'd just drop by to give my feedback and not scroll 66 pages. Secondly, I can't say for certain whether the gif is made post-tuning or not. In any case, if it is true, you should check how the Pro Pipe acted in Reach and make it similar.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Xenoscracy wrote:
Change the radar back. I want it to be where you need to croutch in order to not be seen. I have died so many time because I trust the radar and it fails me.
To be honest I didn't like the radar changes from previous versions to 5. In previous versions it covered a pretty solid range gap so you could plan your fights a little cleaner. Then the reduced radar made Spartan Charge, swords, and hammers more OP. Now they are basically saying you should have just ignored radar all along because now we are trying to either get rid of it completely or turn it into COD radar where you only see firing. The radar ability I think gave Halo its unique look. Back in the day they had an MLG playlist with no radar and pretty much everything else had a traditional radar. Now they seemingly don't know what to do with it. This seems like a Pro driven change to me. Radar is to a lesser degree is a slight equalizer if you have a team that doesn't call out well. It gives a little more independence for the silent skilled player. They seemingly want to widen that skill gap. You need to be an amazing killer AND be epic at call outs. While I understand that demand in a Professional sense 99.6% of all Halo players aren't professionals. Also a lot of pro's don't have to be cognizant of sleeping Children or triggered parents in the next room. Much of the online world has these challenges. A proper radar was a nice alternative that Halo uniquely provided.

My opinion is to use either no radar or this alternative radar for HCS only. Then revert back to either the previous H5 radar or even go back to a H2, H3, Reach, and/or H4 radar version for all other non HCS playlists.
The purpose of this radar was to change the flow of the game. Now players walk normal speed, similar to older halos and only sprint when necessary instead of all the time like maniacs. You can play more mind games now as the aggressor thanks to the ability radar. As for being on defense, yes it's more difficult but often times it's the aggressor sprinting in or using Spartan abilities... Giving defense a heads up
I just realized the end of the tuning test is coming near (October 2nd). I'm going to miss these changes and playing the old playlists wont feel the same without these tighter weapons. I guess this gives me some time to give Halo 5 a break and catch up on some other games in my back catalog like Mass Effect 4 (which is better than all the reviews made it out to be).

Cant wait for that November update. 4K & tuned weapons... come to me babey
I just realized the end of the tuning test is coming near (October 2nd). I'm going to miss these changes and playing the old playlists wont feel the same without these tighter weapons. I guess this gives me some time to give Halo 5 a break and catch up on some other games in my back catalog like Mass Effect 4 (which is better than all the reviews made it out to be).

Cant wait for that November update. 4K & tuned weapons... come to me babey
Indeed, these changes have definitely felt nice to try out and gave Halo 5 a new learning curve, even if it was a temporary one. Having a break and playing other games is what I also intend on doing, as much as I love Halo, I can't play it all the time, there's other games I would like to play.

But hey, one thing (Which I know some will disagree with) I took away from this is that 343i do still care, they care about making sure that Halo, even with their mistakes or the flaws of the franchise, is the best they can make it, this tuning test proves it, they wanted the community to give feedback and they got sixty six pages of it as well as anything they get from looking at the numbers and stats. I'd say that's good for them and will help them make the finishing touches to these retuned weapons.
I just realized the end of the tuning test is coming near (October 2nd). I'm going to miss these changes and playing the old playlists wont feel the same without these tighter weapons. I guess this gives me some time to give Halo 5 a break and catch up on some other games in my back catalog like Mass Effect 4 (which is better than all the reviews made it out to be).

Cant wait for that November update. 4K & tuned weapons... come to me babey
Indeed, these changes have definitely felt nice to try out and gave Halo 5 a new learning curve, even if it was a temporary one. Having a break and playing other games is what I also intend on doing, as much as I love Halo, I can't play it all the time, there's other games I would like to play.

But hey, one thing (Which I know some will disagree with) I took away from this is that 343i do still care, they care about making sure that Halo, even with their mistakes or the flaws of the franchise, is the best they can make it, this tuning test proves it, they wanted the community to give feedback and they got sixty six pages of it as well as anything they get from looking at the numbers and stats. I'd say that's good for them and will help them make the finishing touches to these retuned weapons.
Coming to the end of the test and still no word from 343 about possible adjustments or thoughts on the feedback which really sucks. But I'm sure they'll mention it in a community update posthere on Waypoint so there's that at least
Too much that didn't need to be changed is being changed. While I like the new BR, everything else feels terrible. The last two years of Halo 5 were great. This is a disaster, in my opinion. The new radar makes it redundant. I don't look at it anymore. I don't need a radar to see where someone is shooting at me from, that's why I have my teammates and my headset. The original pistol was fine. I don't remember there being a massive campaign to change it. So, why fix what wasn't broken?

Is Halo 5 now a guinea pig for Halo 6?
SPRTN94 wrote:
I just realized the end of the tuning test is coming near (October 2nd). I'm going to miss these changes and playing the old playlists wont feel the same without these tighter weapons. I guess this gives me some time to give Halo 5 a break and catch up on some other games in my back catalog like Mass Effect 4 (which is better than all the reviews made it out to be).

Cant wait for that November update. 4K & tuned weapons... come to me babey
Indeed, these changes have definitely felt nice to try out and gave Halo 5 a new learning curve, even if it was a temporary one. Having a break and playing other games is what I also intend on doing, as much as I love Halo, I can't play it all the time, there's other games I would like to play.

But hey, one thing (Which I know some will disagree with) I took away from this is that 343i do still care, they care about making sure that Halo, even with their mistakes or the flaws of the franchise, is the best they can make it, this tuning test proves it, they wanted the community to give feedback and they got sixty six pages of it as well as anything they get from looking at the numbers and stats. I'd say that's good for them and will help them make the finishing touches to these retuned weapons.
Coming to the end of the test and still no word from 343 about possible adjustments or thoughts on the feedback which really sucks. But I'm sure they'll mention it in a community update posthere on Waypoint so there's that at least
Companies don't normally reveal any adjustments they have made based upon feedback on internal builds while people are testing changes on the live build, people would demand they push through the version that is more powerful. If they said "Hey, we've got a version of the BR that we're testing internally that's more consistently than the one in the playlist", people would demand they push that through into the test without proper internal testing which could result in more issues than solutions. Any info we will get on these changes will definitely be when they post about it on Waypoint
🙂👍 i like all but that br. because it seems weaker.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 64
  4. 65
  5. 66
  6. 67
  7. 68
  8. ...
  9. 73