Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Weapon Tuning Update - Early Discussion Thread

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:
How can you know this without having played the new versions yet? And what current tweaks are you talking about? You mean like the ones made to the Snipe and Plasma Caster?

I don't see how having a Social playlist open to this would make a difference. The weapons will be tested as long as we play them. No matter what playlist they are in.
Yeah I'm just not into the constantly changing modifications to the game, other then what needs to be done which would be to finding a way to end world lag. And this tweak they are doing is changing everything up again. Which is making people play the game even less. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I feel like this is just getting out of control with these updates. I say use the same time and energy to just make some wicked awesome maps. Instead of updates to fix halo 5. Maps are always getting the people back to play. Maps should be the center of attention. We will see, how it goes for the weapon updates. Im standing by right now to play the updates to get a better barring on topic. The Population needs to be watched carefully in these times of tribulation.
SHREYAS wrote:
I feel like if you go back into campaign and play with the original layout of how weapons operated and behaved it really feel smoother than the current tweeks. Excluding the ones that are about to happen for team arena. But that's just me. Maybe roll out a playlist in social that plays exactly like how the game was from day one. That would be fun, Just saying, it also would be a great way to compare in real time. Just an idea.
After hours of numerous hours of game play I believe that the constant changing is making it less favorable to play over time. Most people still play team arena because it remained untouched by hcs settings (thats why the population is higher).Most people have enjoyed it through game launch since 2015 and dont desire to go pro but have a competitive nature. Each update just makes the Halo even sweatier and I'm not surprised the game is now featured on xbox pass because its gotten even sweatier from hcs, just saying and I've seen so many people quit because of it. It will be interesting to see many people go to Destiny 2 and leave Halo for awhile. When mcc was broken everyone went to Destiny. I just hope y'all dont drive away the population once again with the tweaking of the weapons.
SHREYAS wrote:
I feel like if you go back into campaign and play with the original layout of how weapons operated and behaved it really feel smoother than the current tweeks. Excluding the ones that are about to happen for team arena. But that's just me. Maybe roll out a playlist in social that plays exactly like how the game was from day one. That would be fun, Just saying, it also would be a great way to compare in real time. Just an idea.
After hours of numerous hours of game play I believe that the constant changing is making it less favorable to play over time. Most people still play team arena because it remained untouched by hcs settings (thats why the population is higher).Most people have enjoyed it through game launch since 2015 and dont desire to go pro but have a competitive nature. Each update just makes the Halo even sweatier and I'm not surprised the game is now featured on xbox pass because its gotten even sweatier from hcs, just saying and I've seen so many people quit because of it. It will be interesting to see many people go to Destiny 2 and leave Halo for awhile. When mcc was broken everyone went to Destiny. I just hope y'all dont drive away the population once again with the tweaking of the weapons.
Halo has always been sweaty. That's just part of the game heritage.
hmmmm we will have to wait and see how this plays out. Curiously optimistic rn.
So from what I heard you guys are nerfing the Assault Rifle even though it is literally the worst weapon in the game compared to the other Loadout weapons, aight.

Edit: Oh and good job making the radar even more useless in this game as if it wasn't bad enough, I guess it is mandatory for you to have a super pro 200 bucks gaming headset to hear anyone coming from behind otherwise you are screwed on trying to play this game on any decent level. After 2 years it's amazing you guys can make this game have a "better" sandbox.
SHREYAS wrote:
I feel like if you go back into campaign and play with the original layout of how weapons operated and behaved it really feel smoother than the current tweeks. Excluding the ones that are about to happen for team arena. But that's just me. Maybe roll out a playlist in social that plays exactly like how the game was from day one. That would be fun, Just saying, it also would be a great way to compare in real time. Just an idea.
After hours of numerous hours of game play I believe that the constant changing is making it less favorable to play over time. Most people still play team arena because it remained untouched by hcs settings (thats why the population is higher).Most people have enjoyed it through game launch since 2015 and dont desire to go pro but have a competitive nature. Each update just makes the Halo even sweatier and I'm not surprised the game is now featured on xbox pass because its gotten even sweatier from hcs, just saying and I've seen so many people quit because of it. It will be interesting to see many people go to Destiny 2 and leave Halo for awhile. When mcc was broken everyone went to Destiny. I just hope y'all dont drive away the population once again with the tweaking of the weapons.
Your point is so right man, 343 i want you to listen very carefully. You guys did such a wonderful job with halo 4, now halo 5 has become a disaster. When the game first launched to February of the following year, it was perfect everything seemed just right but then the first update came and then being a spartan with so much armor can't run when being shot at. Why would you even have armor in the first place if you can not run. Every time you update the game and try making it more "fair" it creates an imbalance. Taking into consideration the new players and the veterans is one thing but when your more concerned over the newbies, that's when you got me angry. If they keep complaining about being farmed in warzone and all kinds of stuff happen in the other playlist, then why should you tailor the game to their liking? From halo 1-3 you had to grind and get good if you wanted to be the top player. Now they come in and run a muck and cause issues and then you guys only listen to them and then the game changes to suite them. The halo veterans arent even taken into consideration anymore. now this waepons test is here its going to cause more issues especially with the AR and SMG and my favorite weapon the DMR because you chose to listen to the people that whine and cry because they arent good enough. I cant even team up with my friends anymore because you guys put a fireteam limit in warzone. Is that fair? No its not because big team only has 8 as the limit. What about the rest of people? halo 5 has become so cumbersome to play as everything that I want to play is a sweat even Warzone where i normally throwback and just play. I would like a personal response from you guys or have you guys sponsor me to meet in person to demonstrate what i am talking about.
So from what I heard you guys are nerfing the Assault Rifle even though it is literally the worst weapon in the game compared to the other Loadout weapons, aight.

Edit: Oh and good job making the radar even more useless in this game as if it wasn't bad enough, I guess it is mandatory for you to have a super pro 200 bucks gaming headset to hear anyone coming from behind otherwise you are screwed on trying to play this game on any decent level. After 2 years it's amazing you guys can make this game have a "better" sandbox.
I couldn't agree with you anymore! the game after 2 years has become annoying
It wasn't really made clear in the blogs so I thought I'd ask...will a new rank season be starting across all playlists this month? Or is the current season going to remain in place until the weapon test is over?
The new ranked season (Sept-Oct), is scheduled to kickoff later today, sometime after the game patch is released.
Can grenades get nerfed or at least they make it so people don't spawn with them? I find it's no fun trying to go somewhere and having hundreds of grenades being thrown at you.
Grenades are being looked at and there are plans to make some minor tweaks to Splinters and Frags in November. (due to technical parameters with the game it's not possible to 'test' versions of grenades in the playlist like we're able to do with the weapons)
ske7ch wrote:
It wasn't really made clear in the blogs so I thought I'd ask...will a new rank season be starting across all playlists this month? Or is the current season going to remain in place until the weapon test is over?
The new ranked season (Sept-Oct), is scheduled to kickoff later today, sometime after the game patch is released.
Ske7ch is in the office and answering posts! That means the game patch is almost here.

Can't wait to see where and what is different. Is it bad of me to be kind of excited to know there will be players wondering what the heck is going on with Team Arena? I love being in the Halo know.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If gunskill is required more for close combat because ARs are nerfed (and the crouch around a corner and AR/beatdown combo isn't as effective), people will just switch to the other OP combo- the double beatdown, which is nearly as effective (and will end up being just as effective if ARs are nerfed, because there won't be a better combo). Will they not? Perhaps Halo 5 should switch to the 3-melee kill?
If gunskill is required more for close combat because ARs are nerfed (and the crouch around a corner and AR/beatdown combo isn't as effective), people will just switch to the other OP combo- the double beatdown, which is nearly as effective (and will end up being just as effective if ARs are nerfed, because there won't be a better combo). Will they not? Perhaps Halo 5 should switch to the 3-melee kill?
You can shoot somebody from farther away than you can melee. Bringing it to a 3 melee kill would be extremely annoying.
I'd still like to know exactly what is going to be changed with the weapons in campaign.
More reserve ammo would definitely be nice. 360 rounds in reserve for the AR for example would make me very happy.

I will also always support simply adding the bandanna skull. There's even an empty space in the skulls menu almost as if it was waiting to be filled...
So guys at 343i, will there be any canonical explanations to this weapon tuning update? Maybe the unsc has updated their armaments, along with other factions? Also, will these changes also apply to the A.I. wielding these weapons?
So guys at 343i, will there be any canonical explanations to this weapon tuning update? Maybe the unsc has updated their armaments, along with other factions? Also, will these changes also apply to the A.I. wielding these weapons?
I hope not. Canon is no way to balance the multiplayer of a game. Just because it "Makes sense because of canon" doesn't mean its good.

Giving everything a canonical explanation was a big mistake on 343s part because now the people that love the lore more than the gameplay expect it. Luckily, this is all pretend so they can make up whatever explanation they want after the weapon has been created and tuned and is playing well. Going the other direction is a mistake.

The correct answer to "why did you create this weapon this way" should ALWAYS be "because its fair and fun to use". Canon doesn't need to have anything to do with it.

Edit:

I would also like to argue against some of the sentiments i have seen in this thread thus far multiple times:

1) The weapons in this game have not and are not being tuned/changed very often at all. I have read complaints about "constant weapon changes" which simply isn't true. I can only guess that those people are referring to REQ energy level requirements in warzone. In the 2 years since launch, only 3 base weapons have actually been tweaked. and one of them had to be half rolled-back because they overdid it (plasma caster)

2) Games have switched to a more "continuous delivery" model for a reason. At this point, ALL AAA games get balance tweaks regularly and it is demanded by players of those other games because its the right way to approach it. Doing one huge overhaul is generally bad form. If you are doing a big overhaul like this, it generally means that you have missed the boat and are now trying to swim to shore. Making consistent small tweaks over time (say, every couple months) is great because it lets you respond to player complaints, shifting meta and a changing player base consistently without the need to play catch-up. And if something doesn't work out as expected its easier to pinpoint why since you only changed 3 or 4 things at once instead of 15. The fact that it has been 2 years and no significant changes have been made to a sandbox with glaring issues is incredibly disappointing, but at least its getting done and hasn't been forgotten about.

Luckily for those of us still playing this game and invested in the franchise, it "Feels" like the winds of change have blown through 343 so hopefully they will be more agile moving forward.

Edit 2:

Forgot about this one.
3) Lets not be freaked out by the starting loadout changes and radar changes during the testing period. Remember, its TESTING. Any idea they want the community to give feedback on will be thrown in there. Lets not get ahead of ourselves and judge how the game plays until we actually play it. BR starts right now would be terrible, but the one they want to test is with a re-tuned BR so who knows how it will be?

As Aaron Rodgers so famously said:

R
E
L
A
X
I don't really agree with using the Ability Tracker during the test phase. I realize you want people to get used to ranked play, but this is a test phase where you're most likely going to attract people that mainly play Social or Warzone. They aren't going to be used to this new motion sensor and it could potentially turn them off from continued play in this playlist .
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I don't really agree with using the Ability Tracker during the test phase. I realize you want people to get used to ranked play, but this is a test phase where you're most likely going to attract people that mainly play Social or Warzone. They aren't going to be used to this new motion sensor and it could potentially turn them off from continued play in this playlist .
Maybe. Or players that never gave it a chance before will give a try because they want to use the new weapon tunings and find that they actually prefer it.

Hopefully this playlist will get updated multiple times over the course of the test (not too much, but maybe once a week) and people will get to try it both ways. Auto's especially are buffed by full-radar so which radar is in use could very well effect what tweaks people feel need to be made.
Apoll0 wrote:
Maybe. Or players that never gave it a chance before will give a try because they want to use the new weapon tunings and find that they actually prefer it.

Hopefully this playlist will get updated multiple times over the course of the test (not too much, but maybe once a week) and people will get to try it both ways. Auto's especially are buffed by full-radar so which radar is in use could very well effect what tweaks people feel need to be made.
Yeah, that's possible. I guess I'd rather play it safe, but I do like the testing both ways idea.
ske7ch wrote:
Can grenades get nerfed or at least they make it so people don't spawn with them? I find it's no fun trying to go somewhere and having hundreds of grenades being thrown at you.
Grenades are being looked at and there are plans to make some minor tweaks to Splinters and Frags in November. (due to technical parameters with the game it's not possible to 'test' versions of grenades in the playlist like we're able to do with the weapons)
Grenades have to much range. Needs to be 3/4 as effective then they currently are. Please make the ranking system easier to rank. Everyone should be able to get at least a diamond. There shouldn't be a huge block ranking like the past few season where it's incredibly hard to rank if the game doesn't favor you over others.... it gives me 2 csr for a win and takes 40 for a lose. And I've been complaining about this problem for 3 seasons... it literarily dropped your population by half. From the difficulty you guys are making it. It's not fun when it's to hard, it's fun somewhere in the middle like when you guys first launched the game v.v
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18