OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. ...
  6. 18
SHREYAS wrote:
Please make the ranking system easier to rank. Everyone should be able to get at least a diamond.
No, no...everyone should NOT be able to rank Diamond. The reason why it has been more difficult the last few seasons is because this is the most accurate the ranking system has been. It was too easy in the beginning, and it shouldn't have been.

2gig update when I signed on finally. So the first phase has officially begun. I was hoping to have the different loadouts, but still using AR and Pistol.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Apoll0 wrote:
Maybe. Or players that never gave it a chance before will give a try because they want to use the new weapon tunings and find that they actually prefer it.

Hopefully this playlist will get updated multiple times over the course of the test (not too much, but maybe once a week) and people will get to try it both ways. Auto's especially are buffed by full-radar so which radar is in use could very well effect what tweaks people feel need to be made.
Yeah, that's possible. I guess I'd rather play it safe, but I do like the testing both ways idea.
Yeah. I think its a lot easier to start with "more than you need" and pare down from there than it is to start with "not enough" and try to add new things at the 11th hour.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:
Please make the ranking system easier to rank. Everyone should be able to get at least a diamond.
No, no...everyone should NOT be able to rank Diamond. The reason why it has been more difficult the last few seasons is because this is the most accurate the ranking system has been. It was too easy in the beginning, and it shouldn't have been.
It's way too hard to get champion rank. Please make it so that most players can get champion, otherwise halo is no fun and I will go play forza.

Also, everyone should be able to play on Optic Gaming's tournament squad. It's so unfair that only Snakebite, Lethul, Frosty, and Royal2 get to play on that squad. 343 plz fix.

/sarcasm
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:

2gig update when I signed on finally. So the first phase has officially begun. I was hoping to have the different loadouts, but still using AR and Pistol.
I understand what you're saying, You want a accurate ranking system. But that will never happen, while there is smurfing. People who are willing will always make brand new accounts to boost. So no one can really say it's accurate right now or remotely close because there are so many people smurfing it's crazy. I get matched with low platinum players that play like they are HCS pros. With a team of legit low level plats and the mechanics of the game throws us in a wild loop of constantly deranking and ranking in a capped ranking range where your accuracy calculates your level of ranking and places you inside a parameter which feels like it's impossible to get over, if your stats don't show that you deserve that win you got. The game will rank you low or give you no csr to advance in rank. You will be punished. If you lose, and you lose a ridiculous amount, 40 csr if you're lucky for one game. Your 30 games of blood, sweat, and tears don't matter because the ranks are rigged. Illuminati confirmed. That is all. Launching my first arena game of the day now.
Apoll0 wrote:
So guys at 343i, will there be any canonical explanations to this weapon tuning update? Maybe the unsc has updated their armaments, along with other factions? Also, will these changes also apply to the A.I. wielding these weapons?
I hope not. Canon is no way to balance the multiplayer of a game. Just because it "Makes sense because of canon" doesn't mean its good.

Giving everything a canonical explanation was a big mistake on 343s part because now the people that love the lore more than the gameplay expect it. Luckily, this is all pretend so they can make up whatever explanation they want after the weapon has been created and tuned and is playing well. Going the other direction is a mistake.

The correct answer to "why did you create this weapon this way" should ALWAYS be "because its fair and fun to use". Canon doesn't need to have anything to do with it.

Edit:

I would also like to argue against some of the sentiments i have seen in this thread thus far multiple times:

1) The weapons in this game have not and are not being tuned/changed very often at all. I have read complaints about "constant weapon changes" which simply isn't true. I can only guess that those people are referring to REQ energy level requirements in warzone. In the 2 years since launch, only 3 base weapons have actually been tweaked. and one of them had to be half rolled-back because they overdid it (plasma caster)

2) Games have switched to a more "continuous delivery" model for a reason. At this point, ALL AAA games get balance tweaks regularly and it is demanded by players of those other games because its the right way to approach it. Doing one huge overhaul is generally bad form. If you are doing a big overhaul like this, it generally means that you have missed the boat and are now trying to swim to shore. Making consistent small tweaks over time (say, every couple months) is great because it lets you respond to player complaints, shifting meta and a changing player base consistently without the need to play catch-up. And if something doesn't work out as expected its easier to pinpoint why since you only changed 3 or 4 things at once instead of 15. The fact that it has been 2 years and no significant changes have been made to a sandbox with glaring issues is incredibly disappointing, but at least its getting done and hasn't been forgotten about.

Luckily for those of us still playing this game and invested in the franchise, it "Feels" like the winds of change have blown through 343 so hopefully they will be more agile moving forward.
Of course the real life answers are important, i just think it would be cool if we boot up the game day of and get a message of the day from the unsc saying how theyve updated the war games to reflect new development in weapons on the battlefield. It could just be a cool parallel between our real world and the halo universe, where changes affect the game universe too.
SHREYAS wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:

I understand what you're saying, You want a accurate ranking system. But that will never happen, while there is smurfing. People who are willing will always make brand new accounts to boost. So no one can really say it's accurate right now or remotely close because there are so many people smurfing it's crazy. I get matched with low platinum players that play like they are HCS pros. With a team of legit low level plats and the mechanics of the game throws us in a wild loop of constantly deranking and ranking in a capped ranking range where your accuracy calculates your level of ranking and places you inside a parameter which feels like it's impossible to get over, if your stats don't show that you deserve that win you got. The game will rank you low or give you no csr to advance in rank. You will be punished. If you lose, and you lose a ridiculous amount, 40 csr if you're lucky for one game. Your 30 games of blood, sweat, and tears don't matter because the ranks are rigged. Illuminati confirmed. That is all. Launching my first arena game of the day now.
You're ranked Onyx in most playlists, diamond in a few. HCS is like the only playlist where you're plat (and you're high plat). Those are high ranks to be proud of.

This isn't because of issues with the ranking system, this is because the HCS playlist population is much sweatier than the population in TA or Slayer. And those populations are much sweatier than social playlists and WZ. WITHIN the HCS playlist population, you're above average but not top tier, hence the Plat6 rank last season. Not all playlists are created equal.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:

You're ranked Onyx in most playlists, diamond in a few. HCS is like the only playlist where you're plat (and you're high plat). Those are high ranks to be proud of.

This isn't because of issues with the ranking system, this is because the HCS playlist population is much sweatier than the population in TA or Slayer. And those populations are much sweatier than social playlists and WZ. WITHIN the HCS playlist population, you're above average but not top tier, hence the Plat6 rank last season. Not all playlists are created equal.
I agree with you completely. Except that my ranks is something to be proud of... I am trash. Lol But thank you my friend. I honestly don't care about the ranks. The resets always getting me on the grind immediately. I just know what I know from the past. All of the rankings systems right now is matching me with champs when i'm diamond. I hate that I can't find any games to play other than the ones the games finds for me to get absolutely destroyed, against 4 champs when I am low diamonds and it's just hilarious it won't match me against those same ranks with a equally disciplined team It feels like I get singled out. Honestly all my friends say the same thing that I do too.. I'm sure most of the population right now is shook after getting low ranks after a whole year of grinding super hard for to it payoff for nothing. Most of them took off and switched to other games, after realising the difficulty in the ranking system. People boosting, Lag switching, and Auto aim bots still exists. Just an FYI to anyone in 343 thats listing. I even have video of the damn thing. Undeniably mods to the game shooting 5 shots of carbine per trigger pull and such. it's on my saved clips crazy stuff happens, when it comes to this ranking stuff. CHEATERS WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND.
ske7ch wrote:
Can grenades get nerfed or at least they make it so people don't spawn with them? I find it's no fun trying to go somewhere and having hundreds of grenades being thrown at you.
Grenades are being looked at and there are plans to make some minor tweaks to Splinters and Frags in November. (due to technical parameters with the game it's not possible to 'test' versions of grenades in the playlist like we're able to do with the weapons)
That's good to know. I use to think 343 didn't care about it's fans, especially when Halo 5 was released with no local multiplayer. Now I see that they check the forums and everyone says Halo 6 is suppose to have local multiplayer. If that's true then 343 is doing a great job in changing my opinion of them.
ske7ch wrote:
Can grenades get nerfed [...]
Grenades are being looked at [...]
That's good to know. I use to think 343 didn't care about it's fans, especially when Halo 5 was released with no local multiplayer. Now I see that they check the forums and everyone says Halo 6 is suppose to have local multiplayer. If that's true then 343 is doing a great job in changing my opinion of them.
Definitely. In the beginning I was definitely not a fan of 343, but they have done SO MUCH to prove that they really are trying to please their community. So many people have made negativity a habit at this point and need to chill and let 343 have their redemption. They've given us almost everything we've asked for that they possibly can. Best Forge ever, best Infection ever, best Grifball ever, best Fiesta ever, classic weapons and armor, an improved emblem system, they're bringing back split-screen, they said we'll be able to have all-black undersuits in H6, they brought in the closest thing possible to Firefight that we can have in H5, Halo Wars 2 saw the return of the classic art style, they brought the Halo theme song back in H5, and now we're getting much needed weapon adjustments across the entire sandbox well over a year after release. They're still putting in so much effort after tons of free updates we've already had. 343 deserves mad props. And their communication with us in the forums, and transparency in community updates has significantly improved since Ske7ch joined the 343 team, I genuinely trust them with Halo 6, which is something I definitely could not have imagined saying a couple of years ago.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:

Team Arena is not yet updated. Check sketch sticky post on the update.
SHREYAS wrote:
All of the rankings systems right now is matching me with champs when i'm diamond. I hate that I can't find any games to play other than the ones the games finds for me to get absolutely destroyed, against 4 champs when I am low diamonds and it's just hilarious it won't match me against those same ranks with a equally disciplined team It feels like I get singled out.

I even have video of the damn thing. Undeniably mods to the game shooting 5 shots of carbine per trigger pull and such. it's on my saved clips crazy stuff happens, when it comes to this ranking stuff. CHEATERS WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND.
Links to these games would be great. I just looked through a bunch of your game history and I didn't see you matched up against any champs. All the games I looked at seemed pretty well matched up to me. Never really larger than 1 tier unless you were with your friends.

Also how about a link to the game clip. I play quite a bit, but not at the rank level that you do, I don't see aim bots and lag switches just lag. Smurfs are the biggest issue, and I don't even think there are as prevalent as some think.

RollCats wrote:
Yeah, I posted that a few hours before that was updated. It's too bad it didn't work out yesterday. Hopefully they will get it working today.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
SHREYAS wrote:
All of the rankings systems right now is matching me with champs when i'm diamond. I hate that I can't find any games to play other than the ones the games finds for me to get absolutely destroyed, against 4 champs when I am low diamonds and it's just hilarious it won't match me against those same ranks with a equally disciplined team It feels like I get singled out.

I even have video of the damn thing. Undeniably mods to the game shooting 5 shots of carbine per trigger pull and such. it's on my saved clips crazy stuff happens, when it comes to this ranking stuff. CHEATERS WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND.
Links to these games would be great. I just looked through a bunch of your game history and I didn't see you matched up against any champs. All the games I looked at seemed pretty well matched up to me. Never really larger than 1 tier unless you were with your friends.

Also how about a link to the game clip. I play quite a bit, but not at the rank level that you do, I don't see aim bots and lag switches just lag. Smurfs are the biggest issue, and I don't even think there are as prevalent as some think.

RollCats wrote:
Yeah, I posted that a few hours before that was updated. It's too bad it didn't work out yesterday. Hopefully they will get it working today.
Sure man I'll add you just accept friend request, you'll -Yoink- ur pants
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
SHREYAS wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
Can grenades get nerfed or at least they make it so people don't spawn with them? I find it's no fun trying to go somewhere and having hundreds of grenades being thrown at you.
Grenades are being looked at and there are plans to make some minor tweaks to Splinters and Frags in November. (due to technical parameters with the game it's not possible to 'test' versions of grenades in the playlist like we're able to do with the weapons)
Grenades have to much range. Needs to be 3/4 as effective then they currently are.
Maybe, but i think the bigger issue with grenades is the grenade hitmarkers. Its changed their role from being damage dealers to instead acting as sonar. If you make a play to avoid death and find a good spot to get your shields back, and a grenade comes in that just nicks you you will immediately get pelted with 2 or 3 more. Only because they got hitmarkers from the splash damage. If you dont have line of sight, you shouldn't get hitmarkers period.
AR - if it stays as a starting weapon is too powerful.
Sniper-more consistency and a touch more bullet magnetism.
Spartan Charge- most annoying thing in the game. It covers too much distance. The extended spartan charge needs to be patched.
BR or Mag starts in arena would be great.
grenades-are a little too powerful except for the plasma grenade it doesn't do much unless stuck.
Team Arena has been updated, "Phase One" of the weapon tuning test is officially underway. I'm going to lock this early discussion thread and create a brand new thread specifically for Phase One feedback.

Please use the Phase One Feedback Thread for your comments and questions regarding the first phase of the weapon tuning test.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. ...
  6. 18