2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 18
The Grenade Launcher needs a nerf for its explosive shot, to do this minimise the AOE of the explosive shot thus making the ease of use more skill based.
As long as the suppressor and/or boltshot get a damage/range boost and the knight blade get a boost or the knight blade lowered like 2 or 3 req levels because at the monent the knockback against vehicles is so minimal that it does more or less nothing on a moving vehicle, i expect it to at least stop a warthog in its tracks because thats what knights can do instead of getting splattered now it cannot even stop a mongoose....
Railgun getting nerfed; fuel rod (already nearly useless in this iteration) is getting a nerf.
Since when is the railgun meant to be a sniper weapon? Since when is the fuel rod too rapid-fire? Someone tell me what's wrong with this situation. I certainly hope SOMETHING is getting a boost beyond the camo.
I'm guessing there gonna tone down the aim assist and increase the charge time to make it less effective at close range. Just taking away ammo from it was just a short term fix to a long term problem I'd imagine.

As for the Fuel Rod, it was too overbearing and forgiving when on the giving end. Especially in the first year of H5 when power weapons were a plenty to go around on those maps. At least there's some planning with the rockets.
Railgun: But they're talking about it as a sniper weapon. Since when does that make sense? It was introduced in 4 as a mid-range at best, and the second it's de-scoped, it's good for only that.

Fuel rod: The projectiles are slow-moving, they don't create the hazard via bouncing that they did in previous games, and the fire rate is already ridiculously slow, unless we're talking Light of Urs. A rocket's straight-up easy to use in comparison. The only bonus with the rod is the splash, and even that's not as intimidating.
Railgun getting nerfed; fuel rod (already nearly useless in this iteration) is getting a nerf.
Since when is the railgun meant to be a sniper weapon? Since when is the fuel rod too rapid-fire? Someone tell me what's wrong with this situation. I certainly hope SOMETHING is getting a boost beyond the camo.
Railgun: But they're talking about it as a sniper weapon. Since when does that make sense? It was introduced in 4 as a mid-range at best, and the second it's de-scoped, it's good for only that.
Fuel rod: The projectiles are slow-moving, they don't create the hazard via bouncing that they did in previous games, and the fire rate is already ridiculously slow, unless we're talking Light of Urs. A rocket's straight-up easy to use in comparison. The only bonus with the rod is the splash, and even that's not as intimidating.
Yeah I didn't know they thought of the Railgun as a sniper weapon either, but I do think this needs a change in its projectile magnetism. It seems too high to me. The fuel rod, to be honest, I haven't really used it that much. I hardly play Warzone, and when I do I don't use Req's. I could have sworn the projectiles did bounce a little. Oh well I don't know I wouldn't be real worried about it though. Just make sure you play in the test playlist and give your feedback. Changes aren't even final until then and they could change them because of the feedback they are getting.

I really hope the grenade launcher gets a change that ups it to a level they deem is okay for Team Arena or HCS. I've been playing those two playlists a lot and sure would like to use that weapon more. The few times I used it in Warzone it felt sooooo unsatisfying. I would pick that thing up every chance I got on Reach, but on Halo 5 that thing is not the fun I remember. The sound for one is so weak, and it can be more useful than just taking out vehicles. It's great for taking out Spartan shields. So please, please let's get that thing in some Arena play. I know it is somewhere in Arena but I am thinking specifically of Team Arena at least. Oh man the -Yoink- that could be done with the bouncing could be epic. I am hoping that this:
ske7ch wrote:
...versatile at applying indirect damage through creative use. This includes how fast the grenade travels, how it bounces, etc…
means they are thinking the same thing.

TryHardFan wrote:
"Last week, 343’s handsome herald of community concerns – ske7ch, obviously – paid our humble pages a visit to talk about the opening salvo of upcoming sandbox adjustments being planned for Halo 5 in the near future. We know we could just dump all these obviously-completely-done-and-just-sitting-there tuning details all at one time, but we wouldn't want to deprive the world of any politely-postulated forum posts, would we? If you're excited to read up on the next set of weapons getting some friendly tune-ups, our man ske7ch has got you covered... take it away, Brian!"
If that isn't a blatant jab on the Team Beyond forums, then idk what is.
I never use those forums. Not since I can't log onto my account, and after trying to contact someone on Twitter twice, and have been ignored. I refuse to make another one. Besides who cares if that is a jab at them. Why come here to mention it? Why not just tell the TB forums?
Offtopic question, but with all the typing you do for the updates - what keyboard do you use?
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I never use those forums. Not since I can't log onto my account, and after trying to contact someone on Twitter twice, and have been ignored. I refuse to make another one. Besides who cares if that is a jab at them. Why come here to mention it? Why not just tell the TB forums?
Because it has already been mentioned there. They catch up to these things a lot quicker than you think, considering these news updates are in another forum.
TryHardFan wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Because it has already been mentioned there. They catch up to these things a lot quicker than you think, considering these news updates are in another forum.
No I am sure they do. If that's all you felt was important to comment on than okay. I still say discuss "jabs" at them there, or make a thread about it in General Discussion.
So the next three weapons were revealed. They are the Railgun, Fuel rod Cannon and Grenade Launcher. Read about it here https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/golden-clouds. My take on these are,

• Railgun - I understand what 343 was going for with it but I don't think most people see it as a super long shot weapon. Heck I don't even know that many people that use the zoom in feature for it. I do think it is used a lot for close combat, I agree with 343I on this. I think increasing the charge up time on it and decreasing the aim assist would be interesting to try. I think I'd even experiment with increasing the reload time on it if I did these other changes that I said. If it takes longer to charge up it should reload faster I think. Then, maybe that would make it more of a mid range weapon.
  • Fuel Rod Cannon - I don't agree with 343I at all here what they said. I honestly see the Fuel Rod as pretty useless for the most part and never use it. I did think it had too much ammo though. If it's going to keep the amount of ammo, I'd have shoot a faster, do a bit less damage per shot, give it more knock back and a greater blast area.
  • Grenade Launcher - I think the shots should shot faster coming out of it and that's about it. Maybe make them bounce a bit more too. Overall though, I think it's pretty good as is and doesn't need much tweaking.
Look forward to the next weeks reveal... Oh and I'm obviously talking about the default weapons here.
The H4 rail gun was projectile; H5's rail gun is hitscan. Its range is indeed like a sniper because of this, and people can easily smart-scope it to use it like a sniper. The RRR and general aim assist of the railgun without aiming make it an easy CQC to mid range weapon. I say it should be removed because its role in the sandbox is already filled by the sniper.
So the next three weapons were revealed. They are the Railgun, Fuel rod Cannon and Grenade Launcher. Read about it here https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/golden-clouds. My take on these are,

• Railgun - I understand what 343 was going for with it but I don't think most people see it as a super long shot weapon. Heck I don't even know that many people that use the zoom in feature for it. I do think it is used a lot for close combat, I agree with 343I on this. I think increasing the charge up time on it and decreasing the aim assist would be interesting to try and then maybe that would make it more of a mid range weapon.
  • Fuel Rod Cannon - I don't agree with 343I at all here what they said. I honestly see the Fuel Rod as pretty useless for the most part and never use it. I did think it had too much ammo though. If it's going to keep the amount of ammo, I'd have shoot a tad faster, do a bit less damage per shot, give it more knock back and a greater blast area.
  • Grenade Launcher - I think the shots should shot faster coming out of it and that's about it. Maybe make them bounce a bit more too. Overall though, I think it's pretty good as is and doesn't need much tweaking.
Look forward to the next weeks reveal... Oh and I'm obviously talking Arena only here when it comes to the weapons.
Don't forget about discussing this here: Weapons Tuning Update - Early Discussion Thread.

Any in case I understand you correctly you are saying the changes are only for Arena? If that is what you meant that is incorrect

Quote:
When the test has concluded, the final re-tuned weapons will be rolled out across the entire game (Campaign, WZ, and MP).
I want to make sure we get the correct information out there.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

• Railgun - I understand what 343 was going for with it but I don't think most people see it as a super long shot weapon. Heck I don't even know that many people that use the zoom in feature for it. I do think it is used a lot for close combat, I agree with 343I on this. I think increasing the charge up time on it and decreasing the aim assist would be interesting to try and then maybe that would make it more of a mid range weapon.
  • Fuel Rod Cannon - I don't agree with 343I at all here what they said. I honestly see the Fuel Rod as pretty useless for the most part and never use it. I did think it had too much ammo though. If it's going to keep the amount of ammo, I'd have shoot a tad faster, do a bit less damage per shot, give it more knock back and a greater blast area.
Look forward to the next weeks reveal... Oh and I'm obviously talking Arena only here when it comes to the weapons.
Don't forget about discussing this here: Weapons Tuning Update - Early Discussion Thread.

Any in case I understand you correctly you are saying the changes are only for Arena? If that is what you meant that is incorrect

Quote:
When the test has concluded, the final re-tuned weapons will be rolled out across the entire game (Campaign, WZ, and MP).
I want to make sure we get the correct information out there.
Oh, I thought it was here I was supposed to post weapon discussion, isn't what you posted this thread?

No no, I just mean I'm talking about the default versions of each weapon. I'm not talking about any Warzone weapons. I edited my post to be clear on that. Yeah I know the update is going to be across the board and the game but thanks anyways for telling me :)
DaxSeven09 wrote:
No I am sure they do. If that's all you felt was important to comment on than okay. I still say discuss "jabs" at them there, or make a thread about it in General Discussion.
It was just a quick note. That comment from Grim is really not worth delving into, in spite of it showcasing his studio's absolute incompetence.

There isn't much to comment about these updates regarding the weapon tuning itself, because every time they drip-feed the info on these weapon updates, it is always too vague to discern any details for what we may be dealing with.
Oh, I thought it was here I was supposed to post weapon discussion, isn't what you posted this thread?

No no, I just mean I'm talking about the default versions of each weapon. I'm not talking about any Warzone weapons. I edited my post to be clear on that. Yeah I know the update is going to be across the board and the game but thanks anyways for telling me :)
Dude, I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I have too many damn windows open, and doing too many things on these forums right now.

My bad, I'm a dork, and don't know what the frak I am talking about. Continue on sir/ma'am, pay no attention to the nerd posting too much to keep it all straight.
Remove autoaim completely from the spnkr rockets. Since you dont want to shoot a player directly with a rocket it doesn't make sense for it to have autoaim. Many times an enemy can pull the ridicule up when you are trying to shoot the ground and you have to fight the autoaim to get a good shot.

I say this specifically for the spnkr rockets because I realize that you still need autoaim in order to lock on to flying vehicles in big team and warzone. These 'no autoaim' rockets should be used in the hcs playlist while the h5 rockets can be used in warzone/big team since they still they will be unaltered. This would be a win for the competitive while not affecting other playlists.
TryHardFan wrote:
The H4 rail gun was projectile; H5's rail gun is hitscan. Its range is indeed like a sniper because of this, and people can easily smart-scope it to use it like a sniper. The RRR and general aim assist of the railgun without aiming make it an easy CQC to mid range weapon. I say it should be removed because its role in the sandbox is already filled by the sniper.
Honestly, if it came down to the two, I would hands-down ditch the sniper. However, I would rather not ditch either and have a railgun that serves in its current form, rather than forcing it into contention with the sniper weapons.
This whole thing makes me wonder if 343's people are making decisions by playing a few matches and saying, 'aw, bull, I should have had that kill' and 'some noob killed me; nerf that!' rather than taking into account how the weapons function and the enjoyment gained by using a power weapon.

• Railgun - I understand what 343 was going for with it but I don't think most people see it as a super long shot weapon. Heck I don't even know that many people that use the zoom in feature for it. I do think it is used a lot for close combat, I agree with 343I on this. I think increasing the charge up time on it and decreasing the aim assist would be interesting to try. I think I'd even experiment with increasing the reload time on it if I did these other changes that I said. If it takes longer to charge up it should reload faster I think. Then, maybe that would make it more of a mid range weapon.
  • Fuel Rod Cannon - I don't agree with 343I at all here what they said. I honestly see the Fuel Rod as pretty useless for the most part and never use it. I did think it had too much ammo though. If it's going to keep the amount of ammo, I'd have shoot a faster, do a bit less damage per shot, give it more knock back and a greater blast area.
Look forward to the next weeks reveal... Oh and I'm obviously talking about the default weapons here.
I'm going to back this up- rail shouldn't change, and rod should get a boost if anything.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

Dude, I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I have too many damn windows open, and doing too many things on these forums right now.

My bad, I'm a dork, and don't know what the frak I am talking about. Continue on sir/ma'am, pay no attention to the nerd posting too much to keep it all straight.
LOLOL! All good buddy :)
Amazing
This whole thing makes me wonder if 343's people are making decisions by playing a few matches and saying, 'aw, bull, I should have had that kill' and 'some noob killed me; nerf that!' rather than taking into account how the weapons function and the enjoyment gained by using a power weapon.
No.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 18