Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Well my friends, I'm done with this game's aiming.

OP Lil Boy Crispy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 86
I uninstalled the game for this very reason. Not coming back until it's fixed.
just posting in support of OP

I do enjoy the low aim assist and I will mess my pants with joy the day all aim assist is completely removed from all shooters.

but this control system in halo 5 is wonky. I'm playing through halo3 on mcc and the controls are just fantastic. if you like the new way that fine. as I hear it's changes approved by a focus group of pro gamers. but the rest of us would like an option for the traditional control scheme (less the aim assist. good move there)
You guys just don't realise how much you need aim assist - but you're so blinded by a game of oneupmanship that you think that it being more unintuitive = better. The fact is if I challenged you to a game of SWAT and I got to use my mouse, I'd wipe the floor with you if you were forced to use thumbsticks.

Aim assist/reticule magnetism being increased while bullet magnetism being removed is what needs to happen.
I was beginning to think it was just me.
I have not read every single page of this post and, frankly, I have neither the time nor interest to do so, so I am not aware of what has and hasn't be said. Honestly though, let's be real here: their "pro" team purposely degraded the aiming quality just so that they could claim it makes the skill gap bigger.

Why these people have had so much say in how the game is made is beyond my comprehension. They are a M I N O R I T Y.
They don't even particularly care about how fun a game is, they want to play it professionally and get sponsorships rolling again, why should they care?
Honestly, the whole argument of "you don't know how to make a game so shut up" is insane, because nobody on their "pro" team knows how to make a game either. All they do is play games. They don't model. They don't code. They don't balance. They don't write. They just play. Also, it's pretty obvious that they had a hand in shaping maps as well, because, if you look at maps like Orion, it looks like some art intern just went to the pro team, asked them to come up with a super rough draft of a map inside of Forge, and the intern just thought it was good enough.

You can be fine with the aiming. You don't think it's broken? Okay, whatever floats your boat, not gonna talk down to you because that's your opinion. But do NOT talk down to people because they are discontent with how drastically core mechanics have been changed from something that was great in the beta. Their thoughts and opinions are just as valid as yours, and if you go look at r/Halo and the rest of the forums, you will see that plenty of other people have the same issues with the aim acceleration and dead zones. Labeling people who have very valid issues with the game as "whiners" makes you look super ignorant, not to mention it really gives off the impression that you're wearing super duper fanboy goggles.
^^^^ This....

Every other halo..had a GREAT KD (even this halo 5, I have a decent K/D) but this H5...this is terrible.

I hope they make it silky smooth as before, no need to adjust core mechanics because "the pro's" want it. ]Hell "Ghost" said they've been playing it for 2 years, I don't want to wait that long to get fully adjusted lol
Well i dont have a problem too, i think its interesting... but yes, i always prefer the classic
Youll get it change your sensitivity nd controls
LethalQ wrote:
I don't have a problem with it. Yeah it's tougher than before but what's wrong with that?
Some people are too stuck to older games and when change comes, it's a bad game and instead of adapting to it, the just flame it and walk away
I've played better on Halo 5 than the other games, I've had no problem so far
Youll get it change your sensitivity nd controls
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't mind the aiming just have to play more to get use to it
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I prefer the aim! just sayin'
Everyone's upset about the aiming and the feel of halo 5 and all I want is griffball. There's no relaxing fun playlist where I can take a break from halo while still playing halo
You guys just don't realise how much you need aim assist - but you're so blinded by a game of oneupmanship that you think that it being more unintuitive = better. The fact is if I challenged you to a game of SWAT and I got to use my mouse, I'd wipe the floor with you if you were forced to use thumbsticks.

Aim assist/reticule magnetism being increased while bullet magnetism being removed is what needs to happen.
I think this is exactly right. People are used to heavy aim assist, a la Destiny. They come here and their reticle isn't being controlled by the game, and suddenly they're aiming wildly and struggling. The more I play, the more I'm convinced this is what's going on.
Yeah, I'm done. I'll be checking in next update but if nothing changes I'll move on to Fallout or something. Such a disappointment. I get that every game evolves but Halo 5 isn't Halo anymore. The gameplay and mechanics have butchered each and every find memory I've had from the previous game. So sad.
Smartlink aiming should not be interupted by being hit thats what I hate
hanzai wrote:

I think this is exactly right. People are used to heavy aim assist, a la Destiny. They come here and their reticle isn't being controlled by the game, and suddenly they're aiming wildly and struggling. The more I play, the more I'm convinced this is what's going on.
Pretty much. It's the core, fundamental problem with playing an FPS... With thumbsticks. It's not the most optimum input to play such a genre with, and as such some sort of compensation has to be included otherwise the game would be completely unplayable.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 86