Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Well my friends, I'm done with this game's aiming.

OP Lil Boy Crispy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 71
  4. 72
  5. 73
  6. 74
  7. 75
  8. ...
  9. 86
Wow, I'm just now seeing this thread and im glad its not just me. I had been thinking to myself something is off with the aiming but this just solidifies it.
23 hours of arena, Onyx 1614 FFA rank, 149 games, 2,174 kills, 53.7% accuracy, and 6.3 FFA kda later...I'm done with this game.

I keep hoping this is just a bad dream and that I'll wake up from it, but it's real. The aiming is garbage. I still have not gotten used to it. It's just awful. I know I don't need to go into detail about how bad these aiming mechanics are, because so many other people have expressed what's wrong, but it's nothing like any Halo before it. Why change what was NEVER wrong with Halo? Every game in MCC feels amazing, as far as aiming is concerned. Going back and forth between different Halo games on there is effortless and I'm always confident that my shot will be on. This game is just wonky as hell. I can't even begin to express my disappointment with the aiming mechanics. I really hope they listen to us and make this game feel like EVERY game before it. And not just a little deadzone tweaking or accel tweaking...it needs a 100% revert back to how we all know Halo is supposed to feel. It's just not a fun game. I gave it a legitimate chance after 23 hours of play, but it's still bad. There's just no getting used to the aiming in this game. So much potential...damn...
I have the same feeling
I think this FPS has been well put together.
I might be wrong here, so please correct me if I am...but are you complaining about the lack of aim assist compared to other Halo titles? This game requires a lot more skill to kill, passing a bullet passed someone's head no longer gets you a headshot.
LOL ok
I see your point, but I don't mind the fact it has aiming in the game. I am a huge halo fan and I thought it was time for a change yes the aiming is pretty -Yoinked!-, but let's be honest this game was rushed by Microsoft, why do you think forge is coming out in December? We need to remember it's only been out s short while, give them time to fix the promlem. My biggest concern is the matchmaking, Again, like halo 4, they just want to find a game as fast as possible, rather than evening the teams out and making it a fair game I don't see how they could of missed something so simple. But given time hopefully it'll be fixed.
LethalQ wrote:
I don't have a problem with it. Yeah it's tougher than before but what's wrong with that?
It's not about the lack of aim assist. We're all grateful for that. It has to do more with the amount of aim acceleration. If you played the beta, I'm sure you can agree the aiming felt much more fluid. Now though, I feel like I'm fighting with my controller in order to aim properly.
Buy a Microsoft Elite controller.. You can adjust sensitivity for each individual thumb-stick :)
I don't see anything wrong, it's just change that you need to adapt to
All i gotta say is it just takes practice, like learning every other new skill
Elite controller helps but doesn't fix it. Still feels awful compared to 99% of FPS's.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
LethalQ wrote:
I don't have a problem with it. Yeah it's tougher than before but what's wrong with that?
Some people are too stuck to older games and when change comes, it's a bad game and instead of adapting to it, the just flame it and walk away
Don't worry, when Black Ops 3 comes out, all the people that want ridiculous amounts of aim assist and cheap kills with virtually zero effort will be gone.
LethalQ wrote:
It's not about the lack of aim assist. We're all grateful for that. It has to do more with the amount of aim acceleration. If you played the beta, I'm sure you can agree the aiming felt much more fluid. Now though, I feel like I'm fighting with my controller in order to aim properly.
Aim Assist is more prominent than in halo 4, That's my only issue with the game's aiming. I just want Aim Assist either reduced or removed
LethalQ wrote:
Some people are too stuck to older games and when change comes, it's a bad game and instead of adapting to it, the just flame it and walk away
Don't worry, when Black Ops 3 comes out, all the people that want ridiculous amounts of aim assist and cheap kills with virtually zero effort will be gone.
READ THE DAMN THREAD! It's not the aim assist that people have a problem with it's the actual aim mechanics (aim acceleration and inconsistencies). People like you need to learn how to read properly.
LethalQ wrote:
READ THE DAMN THREAD! It's not the aim assist that people have a problem with it's the actual aim mechanics (aim acceleration and inconsistencies). People like you need to learn how to read properly.
Aim assist is part of the aim so it still counts and I'm sure if he didn't know how to read he wouldn't be posting.
Put your sensitivity up? Ihavent had any issues with aiming at all.
LethalQ wrote:
That last sentence was uncalled for. I mean the fact that people don't get it is pissing me off too, but on Waypoint, people in our camp kind of have to live with it.
Aim assist is part of the aim so it still counts and I'm sure if he didn't know how to read he wouldn't be posting.
Yeah, it's part of the aim.

It's not the problematic part, though.
It's definitely the hardest halo game to get used to. Playing MCC where you switch between 1-4 is easier than just this game. I'm hoping if I keep playing it eventually I'll get used to it but it just seems unpredictable.
Any game or console when it comes out is going to have a few glitches. I wasn't a fan of the aiming when I first started playing but I'm coming around to it. As the game becomes more played, 343 will make tweaks to the game.
Yeah, there's definitely *something* wrong- I just can't quite put my finger on what it actually is though
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 71
  4. 72
  5. 73
  6. 74
  7. 75
  8. ...
  9. 86