Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

what are you'r thoughts on warzone

OP Rougespartan116

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
please be respectful in your answers. i actually like it it's a good game mode if you want all out war but keep in mind i have not played invasion
Warzone is a good addition in theory, and with a bit more tuning it could be amazing. My personal feelings are that the maps themselves are very suited for the game mode, but the layout lends itself to being abused. I can't remember the name of the snow map, but that one, in my preference, is the best. The layout is very straight, and makes it difficult for well coordinated teams to grief you by skipping an objective and rushing your base to hold you there. The others (The island one, and the city one)(I swear I play this game) are also ok, but the layout lends itself to being either claustrophobic to vehicles or too open for effective use. The ship launch one (Again, I'm so sorry...) is brutal when you fight a coordinated team. I admire the coordination they display, but I loathe the fact that I just used a legendary booster, only to have my game end in less than 5 minutes.

Warezone Assault is my personal favorite, because it blatantly displays an objective row. Capture this obj, then the next, then the next, then the base. It prevents the griefing and skipping some teams perform, and allows your whole team to engage in a 12v12 objective based assault. I love this kind of gameplay, and enjoy seeing it in Halo 5. I just wish there were more maps to play these on.

Warzone firefight on the other hand is a totally different beast. Taking firefight and turning into a pseudo warzone gametype is awesome. I love what the gametype is, but hate the fact that the increased difficulty basically becomes a combination of more homing bullets, more frequent bullets, proximity explosions and more damage applied. It seems cheap, and bothers me every time I play. I often ask myself (In a calm, not screaming at the tv way), "Why did that Knight fire 10 fully charged incineration cannon shots in the span of 3 seconds, and why are they following me around this building?" followed by, "Ok, that didn't hit, but it did... WAT?!?" I get it, its hard to increase the difficulty of the gamemode without doing this, but it still gets under my skin when I call in a req, then instantly get incineration cannon spammed by nearby enemies that I cant avoid due to homing bullets and proximity damage.

Overall, with a bit of tweaking and adjusting, I think Warzone as a whole could become the most played game in Halo. I would also love to see Warzone come to custom games so communities could arrange cool game nights and events!
Wel ain't a fan on the main mode too many camping but really love fire fight
It can be a good game type, but it needs a lot of tweaks and adjusting especially with the map design.

I can't remember the name of the snow map. The others (The island one, and the city one)(I swear I play this game) are also ok. The ship launch one (Again, I'm so sorry...)
March on Stormbreak, Raid on Apex 7, Battle of Noctus, and Escape From A.R.C.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I can't remember the name of the snow map. The others (The island one, and the city one)(I swear I play this game) are also ok. The ship launch one (Again, I'm so sorry...)
March on Stormbreak, Raid on Apex 7, Battle of Noctus, and Escape From A.R.C.
Thank you! XD I swear I actually play the game!
I like Warzone, but I think I enjoy Warzone Assault better. I just wish Assault was 2 rounds though.
Good game mode but not well made. Would be a lot better if the AI were smarter and more aggressive. That is a big reason why teams can pin others down and farm kills because AI can be ignored. If AI would navigate the maps more, seek out and attack, and maybe even be able to capture armories and what not it would be a lot better. I wish there wasn't reqs or req energy though. I wish they would have just used the Dominion format from H4 along with the enemy AI, that would have been gold.
Huge potential. Needs a few adjustments in map design and balancing.
I only play firefight, it's a chaotic poorly thought out and designed mess of mayhem, fun and frustration.
It's been cool but it gets old quickly,
it won't age well as a halo mode

I have no interest in playing all the other warzone options and I wouldn't care if it wasn't done again in future titles as I think it was designed around a rather pointless (for the player) req system.
Req points should be in a universal increase for every player at the same time. The req snowball is the worst thing in warzone. I don’t know why 343 likes to reward the better players with better weapons. Ordinance did the same thing in halo 4 but to a lesser degree than warzone reqs.

Other than that warzone is pretty fun.
It’s a very fun mode to play with friends. I miss when Warzone Assault was a permanent playlist though :(
Some people seem to think it was a good idea but executed poorly. I would disagree with those people and say even the idea of Warzone was bad. Because why would it be a good idea to have a mode where weapons and vehicles come from a player's personal arsenal which they acquired from progression, rather than being pickups on the map? That's the fundamental idea of Warzone, and I can't imagine any amount of "better execution" would make it a good idea.

If you are new to the game and don't have any reqs to use, you are going to get stomped by players who do have reqs because they've been playing for longer (in other words, the rich get richer) and you're probably going to ditch the game and go play something else, which is exactly what we saw when the population of Halo 5 dropped off a cliff shortly after its release. I liked it better when Halo was about equal starts.
I remember in the early days, every so often you'd get a glitched game where the req stations wouldn't work. Everybody running around with just loadout weapons...those games were surprisingly fun for me.
100 gold pack : scorpion hannibal
It's sort of fun and frustrating but it has it's pro's, con's.
Lack of friendly fire means people tend to be more reckless in-game and I've noticed it's more commonly known for spawn trapping in assault.
Generally feel like the REQ makes it feel like a poorly balanced mode, more frustrating in Turbo due to combo abilities that make it near impossible to counter certain things, generally there times where WZ feels broken.
As for the positives I like the AI spawns in bases in WZ.
I don't play regular Warzone. Firefight is fun but gets stale rather quickly

Warzone Assault is the only variant I actually enjoy, and wish it would swap in 2 times a month.

Warzone Turbo has to be the worst mode I've ever played in any game. I would legitametly not touch this mode with a 10 foot pole if it weren't for the massive XP payouts it gives. It is simply an unenjoyable mess. It's one of those "Only good on paper" ideas.

Also, keep running into the same group of kids who do nothing but farm the entire Turbo match. So damn infuriating and I can't leave because I need the XP for the 152 grind. Jesus, I hate Turbo lol.
i have an idea for warzone that i got from your comments they make a new permanent game mode were the weapons don't come from your personal progression but it comes from the map and the bosses on that map. and every req level is open to every player if this is not enough info on the idea i'll see what else could improve the idea.
DSErrt wrote:
I don't play regular Warzone. Firefight is fun but gets stale rather quickly

Warzone Assault is the only variant I actually enjoy, and wish it would swap in 2 times a month.

Warzone Turbo has to be the worst mode I've ever played in any game. I would legitametly not touch this mode with a 10 foot pole if it weren't for the massive XP payouts it gives. It is simply an unenjoyable mess. It's one of those "Only good on paper" ideas.

Also, keep running into the same group of kids who do nothing but farm the entire Turbo match. So damn infuriating and I can't leave because I need the XP for the 152 grind. Jesus, I hate Turbo lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've tried to like Turbo so many times but it's just too much chaos. It's like super fiesta except you can choose your weapons. When everyone has a power weapon, no one has a power weapon.
Take out the 200 point boss glitches and fix the entire game mode it ruins player w l and fix the kicking issue. Overall the mode sucks it needs improvement and too many pistil spammers on mid base. They use modded controllers.
I think they've done well with it. They've tried something new and to a certain extent it's paid off
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2