Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

what are you'r thoughts on warzone

OP Rougespartan116

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I love warzone and warzone firefight its fun but i dont like using my mythic weapons
it would be better if everyone had access to same reqs
I think warzone is alright and I do like warzone firefight
A fun mode if it weren't for the Req System.
As for Firefight - maps are too open and enemy placement too random, makes most encounters very dull, like I'm playing a mobile game. Still boot up Firefight once in a while if I wanna farm some RP and listen to some podcasts.
I preferred Invasion, although that will partially be due to nostalgia...Warzone Assault is my favourite of the three. Followed by Warzone, and then Warzone Firefight.
Beckett 3B wrote:
How would it be possible to have one without the other? Because if you take away the req system from Warzone, then it wouldn't be Warzone anymore. It would just be BTB with AI on the maps.
Beckett 3B wrote:
How would it be possible to have one without the other? Because if you take away the req system from Warzone, then it wouldn't be Warzone anymore. It would just be BTB with AI on the maps.
That's exactly what it would be. Warzone only exists as it does to sell Req packs, else it would just be BTB Territories with AI. It's also why BTB wasn't in the game at launch...This isn't a 343 specific issue though. It's a micro-transactions issue.
I personally think its very fun and they've done well with the mode. Im not a big fan of 12v12 warzone because ive had enough of being shot by people with retina of the mind's eye binary rifle variants, but heroic and legendary warzones are fun.
Beckett 3B wrote:
That's exactly what it would be. Warzone only exists as it does to sell Req packs, else it would just be BTB Territories with AI. It's also why BTB wasn't in the game at launch...This isn't a 343 specific issue though. It's a micro-transactions issue.
My thoughts exactly. Warzone is there to incentivize people to spend money/rp on packs so they have reqs to use during Warzone games. Now that BTB is part of the ranked playlist, I'm mainly playing that, and an occasional Firefight to get some of the gold pack rewards.
I like the chaos that WZ brings to the table but the Req system should not return, ever. Have stuff lying/standing around to pick up like in BTB and maybe give players a call-in to add above mentioned chaos.
My thoughts

Within my linked post there are a few additional linked posts which expand even further on some of my thoughts.
Great concept, terrible execution. To me, the whole RNG REQ packs deal ruins it for me. I just don't like calling in the weapons and vehicles. I want to find them on the map, or from a bonus objective like in Invasion Slayer back on Reach.
I seriously hope that Warzone is heavily revamped to not rely so damn much on REQ packs for Infinite.
I like normal Warzone only at the beginning. When everyone has the same two weapons, the AR and the magnum I don't have a problem. Then they start pulling out saws and rockets. I wish it was done differently.
Yep, you are exactly right about that. I'm just hoping Halo infinite launches with a good BTB regardless of whether or not it has Warzone.
Warzone can be fun too you run into a group playing with mics and coordination.

I prefer the way "Mag" had large map gameplay setup.
I love warzone. Play it everyday. I play solo and with teams. Playing solo most games are winnable unless you are against one of the bigger teams. Playing on a team against randoms most of the time we just quick core and get it over. I don’t have a problem with WZ and the req system. I don’t know one person that paid for a req pack and having weapons on the map rather then calling in reqs wouldn’t work. There are too many req variants to have them laying around the map. The point of WZ is to have access to most of the weapons in halo. I do hope for infinite that they make the armor earnable and just leave the req system for the weapons, vehicles and powerups. Also the req systems needs to be rng, if not everyone would just buy Helios, hanible wasp, banshee ultras, nornfangs, prophet banes and answers.
Have to admit, a well thought up design but it did have balancing issues sometimes, have to say it’s less stressful than Halo 5’s actually competitive multiplayer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2