Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What are your first/most memorable Halo 5 moments?

OP StuftRock1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It’s hard to believe this game launched on this day 4 years ago. I’ve been saving up money to buy the Xbox one Halo 5 edition for weeks now, and didn’t actually get it until like the first or second week of November. I was so excited when it finally came in that I didn’t do all of my homework that day.

I immediately fell in love with the Xbox one controller design and it make the 360 controller feel like a pile of garbage. I hooked up my shiny new Xbox and did the initial setup and system updates, which took about an hour. Meanwhile, I was getting so hyped for the campaign by going back and watching all the trailers, Hunt The Truth, and reading all the lore cookies that came with the bundle.

When the system updates finally finished, I immediately began installing Halo 5 and waited ever so impatiently for it to finish. To my discontent, it didn’t finish installing that day and had to finish it overnight. So, I got up early the next day before school to load it up and look around the menus. At the time, there was a pretty strong rumor going around that the Vulture would be in the game, and after finding the my req collection menu, I was a bit disappointed that there was no Vulture, as were my friends when I told them later that day.

I was so excited to play Warzone when I got back home from school. When I clicked Warzone from the main menu, I got really confused when I saw 2 options pop up: Warzone, and Warzone Assault. All I wanted to do was play the same Warzone that we all saw in those gameplay videos. I eventually clicked on Warzone Assault as its description more closely matched the gameplay videos. Didn’t take me long to realize this was the wrong option.

I loaded up on the assault variant of Stormbreak on the attacking team. I absolutely has no idea what I was doing. I walked up to this big cliff that the bad guys were on top of, and after trying to figure out the controls, I got ground pounded. A few minutes later after we took the fortress, a Phaeton appeared. Presumably from a very lucky random vehicle card as it was way too early for lvl 8 reqs. The guy immediately landed and got out I’m guessing to have a close look at it from the outside.

Literally everyone in the area, reds and blues, completely forgot about the objective and forgot about killing each other. We were all making a beeline for that Phaeton. Shooting would just slow us down! Needless to say, I think the guy who called it in lost his Phaeton so someone else. Whoever actually got it clearly didn’t know how to use it however, and it didn’t last long.

After that game, I then went and started on the campaign. I was so excited for it because I knew deep down that this was gonna be an absolutely fantastic campaign. In fact, I was do blinded by my own excitement that I would have been impressed with literally anything. I didn’t actually start to realize that the campaign really wasn’t that great till about 2 weeks after I finished it.

After finishing the campaign, I went into a custom game by myself. Without forge and a very limited req collection, customs were the only way to really explore the sandbox. I loaded up on OG Orion. After walking around a bit and playing with this new Splinter Grenade and showing my dad how good the game looks, I found God’s very own anti son of a -Yoink!- machine: the Incineration Cannon! I picked it up and quickly found a Warthog to blow up. I looked at my dad and told him of its power and said to watch how easily it absolutely wrecks this Warthog.

I took a few steps back for safety and pulled the trigger, fully expecting an impressive firework show. Instead, out popped 2 little grapefruits that did literally nothing to the Warthog. My dad kinda laughed a little and walked away. At first, I was too confused to be disappointed, but after realizing they completely changed all of the Forerunner weapons, I died a little inside. I didn’t realize that the Incineration Cannon has a charge up feature till about 2 or 3 months later, and even that hardly does anything against Warthogs.

These 4 years really flew by. What were your earliest memories of Halo 5, and what were some of your memorable times throughout the years?
The day I was surrounded in a game of Strongholds and came out alive with a double assassination and a beat down.
When turbo was up a few months ago, the perfect scenario arose where I could attempt to get a sayonara medal. I went for it and successfully got the medal to pop.
My most memorable times have been playing with close friends who hadn’t played in years. After H3, pretty much all of my Halo friends went to different games. To an extent, I also moved away from Halo for a long time. I played some Reach and 4, but it was nothing like the time I invested into the original trilogy. Halo 5 was the game that brought us all back to Halo as our go to multiplayer game. I’ve had the opportunity to run with squads that haven’t been together since 2009
When turbo was up a few months ago, the perfect scenario arose where I could attempt to get a sayonara medal. I went for it and successfully got the medal to pop.
Wait, isn’t that medal like completely broken? I thought it was pretty much impossible to get.
StuftRock1 wrote:
Wait, isn’t that medal like completely broken? I thought it was pretty much impossible to get.
Search my GT on Xbox DVR there's video evidence. It was in a wraith on darkstar
Destroying a Wasp with a Ground Pound in Warzone after disabling it with a Plasma Pistol.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Destroying a Wasp with a Ground Pound in Warzone after disabling it with a Plasma Pistol.
Ok, not that would have been one hell of a sight to see!

I think my most memorable moment would have to be when I got a double airborne snapshot after launching off a man cannon in BTB.
I have many good moments but this killionare was good because was in Castle Wars
Getting kicked from the server in the very first game of Warzone I tried to play on release day.
Sucking really hard for a long time. Was always a Battlefield franchise player. The switch was painful to say the least.
I remember launching the game in the evening on release day after dinner. The main menu music got me so excited! I was so impressed by the visuals on the first level, everything looked fantastic and I was so hyped, and playing as Blue Team for the first time was awesome. After that though things started to go downhill...
My first time dropping 100+ Kills in a match.
I think my most memorable moment during the first week was get my onyx in 10 games (solo)
StuftRock1 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:

I think my most memorable moment would have to be when I got a double airborne snapshot after launching off a man cannon in BTB.
Sadly, my Wasp kill was during a time when I didn't understand the DVR capture system that well, so I never got footage of it. I can however, give you this as an example.
HaXoR73 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:

Sadly, my Wasp kill was during a time when I didn't understand the DVR capture system that well, so I never got footage of it. I can however, give you this as an example.
That actually made me laugh way harder than it should. If I’m ever in a Warzone game with you and you’re on the enemy team, I’ll be sure to not call in an arial vehicle lol.
The one that mostly pops into my head atm was the extermination i got last night in social slayer xD idk why but i always get hyped af when i get one
The one that mostly pops into my head atm was the extermination i got last night in social slayer xD idk why but i always get hyped af when i get one
They are pretty fun to get, especially when you get one within the first 30 seconds of a round of Extermination.
I received my xbox one the day before I bought Halo 5. So, I waited 2 days for Halo 5 to install because my xbox was slow at installing back then. The first thing I did was play the campaign on Normal and completed it in 2 or 3 days. I was kinda disappointed but, I was excited to play multiplayer. I played Swat since I loved it in Halo 4 and I didn't like it as much. It was BR Swat on Mercy and we lost 50 - 41 or something like that. I think I had 10 kills so not bad. The real fun came when I discovered Breakout a few months later.
Indeed. My favourite exterminations that I've gotten were both in roaming king. Not only are you single-handedly wiping out the enemy team, but 4 dead equals uncontested hill until respawn.

The lack of king and crazy king in H5 is so disappointing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2